PDA

View Full Version : Draft Day Trades

ChiefsCountry
04-19-2005, 05:57 PM
Now Washington has 2 first rounders, who is going to move up in the draft? Minnesota, San Diego, and Dallas all have 2 picks. So basically who is going to move up in the draft and get one of the two WR's?

carlos3652
04-19-2005, 06:09 PM
Minny will land a Deal with Miami or San Fran for Edwards...

San Diego will move up in the 5-7 range (Tennesee pick) for one of the 3 best WR...

Washington will give Broncos #25 to Oakland for Buchannon and 2nd

Dallas will stay put or trade down 1 of their picks for additional picks in this draft or next.

My .02

HolmeZz
04-19-2005, 06:11 PM
Although I'd love it if Oakland did that, I'm not really sure why they'd give up Buchanon to only move up, what, 13 spots? There's not anyone that special at #25 that couldn't be had at #38.

Mile High Mania
04-19-2005, 06:14 PM
Dallas keeps that first pick ... likely trades out with the second pick, as mentioned earlier.

carlos3652
04-19-2005, 06:17 PM
Although I'd love it if Oakland did that, I'm not really sure why they'd give up Buchanon to only move up, what, 13 spots? There's not anyone that special at #25 that couldn't be had at #38.

I thought Buchanan wants out of Oakland, and this would be fair trade for both teams... They would move up plus get rid of a cancer

Wile_E_Coyote
04-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Redskins acquire first-round spot

http://www.mercurynews.com/images/common/spacer.gif
JOSEPH WHITE
Associated Press
ASHBURN, Va. - Hours after declaring they wouldn't trade their ninth overall selection in Saturday's NFL draft, the Washington Redskins acquired another first-round spot, the 25th overall, from Denver on Tuesday.

The Broncos received the Redskins' third-round choice (76th overall) this year, plus Washington's first-rounder and fourth-rounder in 2006.
The trade should enable the Redskins to address dire needs at cornerback and wide receiver, both strong positions in this draft.

Earlier Tuesday, after The Washington Post reported the Redskins were discussing a trade that would send the No. 9 pick to the Oakland Raiders for cornerback Phillip Buchanon and a second-round selection, vice president of football operations Vinny Cerrato issued a terse statement intended to put the story to rest.

"That is not true," Cerrato said. "We are not trading that pick."

That's not to say the Redskins aren't interested in Buchanon. An official within the league, speaking on condition of anonymity, told The Associated Press that the team has discussed a possible trade for Buchanon in recent days, but the official said none of the scenarios involved Washington's first-round pick. The official said the Redskins might trade a lower-round pick for Buchanon, but that no deal was imminent.

Even so, Cerrato's statement went beyond quashing the Buchanon story and ruled out any trade whatsoever for the No. 9 pick.
Cerrato was not available for further comment, but coach and team president Joe Gibbs later clarified the Redskins' position on the ninth spot.

"Right now, we've had no discussions with anyone about trading away the ninth pick," Gibbs said. "Are we considering any options we are presented with? Yes. We'll consider anything, but no one has presented a compelling scenario."

In essence, statement Tuesday was a signal to the rest of the league that the Redskins do not consider Buchanon worthy of a first-round pick. Buchanon has said he is unhappy in Oakland, wants a trade, and Washington doesn't want the price tag to go too high.

Top prospects at cornerback and receiver visited Redskins Park in recent weeks. The Redskins need a cornerback to replace Fred Smoot, who departed during free agency, and a receiver is a priority because both Laveranues Coles and Rod Gardner requested trades. Coles was sent to the New York Jets for Santana Moss, while Gardner is still on the market.

Also Tuesday, the Redskins re-signed Tim Hasselbeck, their lone remaining restricted free agent. Hasselbeck is expected to be the third-string quarterback again this season behind Patrick Ramsey and Mark Brunell.

HemiEd
04-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Wow, I am glad the Donks do not get a first rounder this year but it looks like a great bet on thier part. They should get a better than 25th next year plus those other picks. I hate it when they make good moves! :banghead: I now hope that the Redskins meet the Chiefs in the SB!