PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody really care about the Pope?

Skip Towne
04-19-2005, 09:09 PM
I don't mean to offend anybody but I really don't give a shit. Are the Catholics really that into who is the pope? Did he suddenly become more holy when he got elected? I think it is a bunch of bullshit. How do elderly German men suddenly get holy?

|Zach|
04-19-2005, 09:12 PM
http://www.bonjourquebec.com/photos/activites/peche/index_tq_002982_g.jpg

big nasty kcnut
04-19-2005, 09:13 PM
Well he is a big deal cause of the way they pick him.

Inspector
04-19-2005, 09:13 PM
Yeah, his wife....

Oh, wait...

Braincase
04-19-2005, 09:14 PM
I am Catholic, and this guy is the new Chairman of the Board of Fish on Friday, Inc. Big outfit, a few wierdos, and lots of big Latin families.

Eh. :hmmm:

Logical
04-19-2005, 09:16 PM
Skip desperately desires a 500 post thread, please help him.

ChiTown
..............How do elderly German men suddenly get holy?

There's a secret handshake and a confidentiality contract that has to be signed by the new pope and Jesus Christ himself...........It's a lot of work, but it's generally a successful transaction.

Chiefs Pantalones
Not really, I'm Baptist.

I do care about one thing, though, when it comes to the Pope. I know they got a new one, but I can't find anywere on the internet or TV how much he signed for?

HEY!! BA--DOOM!!..CHING! I'll be here all week, be sure to tip your waitresses.

Jenson71
04-19-2005, 09:17 PM
How do elderly German men suddenly get holy?

He stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

Taco John
04-19-2005, 09:18 PM
http://us.news3.yimg.com/beta.news.yahoo.com/util/anysize/345,http%3A%2F%2Fus.news1.yimg.com%2Fus.yimg.com%2Fp%2Frids%2F20050420%2Fi%2Fra3650266470.jpg?v=1

"I will get you, Young Skywalker!"

/wife's a Catholic. I'm already in trouble for that joke...

Skip Towne
04-19-2005, 09:21 PM
Haha you old f*cker. I really should have asked Herzig first before posting. He's Catholic but I doubt he gives a shit.

wutamess
04-19-2005, 09:21 PM
I'm with you skip...

I don't givashit either.

Count Zarth
04-19-2005, 09:22 PM
The Pope is ridiculous.

wutamess
04-19-2005, 09:23 PM
Am I the only one that thinks both Pope's look just like something/someone on South Park?

chiefs4me
04-19-2005, 09:25 PM
I am Catholic, and this guy is the new Chairman of the Board of Fish on Friday, Inc. Big outfit, a few wierdos, and lots of big Latin families.

Eh. :hmmm:

ROFL.......I am catholic and can't those ole ladies really cook some fish.:thumb:

Jenson71
04-19-2005, 09:31 PM
I know a number of kids who looked up to John Paul II. Thought of him as a hero. Now, one alternative to that is Terrell Owens. Owens or a pope? Owens, or a pope? Hmm...

Chiefs Pantalones
04-19-2005, 09:38 PM
I know a number of kids who looked up to John Paul II. Thought of him as a hero. Now, one alternative to that is Terrell Owens. Owens or a pope? Owens, or a pope? Hmm...

I'd love to see the Pope pull a Sharpie out of his sock, and sign his hat and give it to someone in the crowd.

Jenson71
04-19-2005, 09:38 PM
I'd love to see the Pope pull a Sharpie out of his sock, and sign his hat and give it to someone in the crowd.

If you pray hard enough....

Count Zarth
04-19-2005, 09:39 PM
Imagine if you were the Pope and you had an enormous dong. You'd never be able to use that wonderful thing...how horrible would that be? Knowing you had a great tool and no one else would ever see it.

Jenson71
04-19-2005, 09:41 PM
Imagine if you were the Pope and you had an enormous dong. You'd never be able to use that wonderful thing...how horrible would that be? Knowing you had a great tool and no one else would ever see it.

Just more things you'll never have to worry about gochiefs...

Count Zarth
04-19-2005, 09:41 PM
Just more things you'll never have to worry about gochiefs...

I know...I may become a priest...

Chiefs Pantalones
04-19-2005, 09:42 PM

What is it with you and dongs?ROFL

WilliamTheIrish
04-19-2005, 09:42 PM
I went to parochial schools all the way through high school. Although I'm no longer a practicing Catholic, I've always found the political process for picking the pope kinda cool.

Let's just hope the ol' fella has the Papal pre-employment physical.

Count Zarth
04-19-2005, 09:56 PM
What is it with you and dongs?ROFL

Nothing. I've never mentioned the dongs of anyone else famous on here.

Iowanian
04-19-2005, 09:58 PM
All Dope smokers should go to Jail.

If all the dope smokers were busted while out of town, and went to Jail, would anyone really care?

Direct TV sucks more than Michael jackson at a sleepover.

C-Mac
04-19-2005, 10:02 PM
I don't mean to offend anybody but I really don't give a shit. Are the Catholics really that into who is the pope? Did he suddenly become more holy when he got elected? I think it is a bunch of bullshit. How do elderly German men suddenly get holy?

How do elderly Catholic German men suddenly turn holy....maybe its similar to when Catholic wine turns into blood.
:shrug:

Prince22
04-19-2005, 10:27 PM
I am a Catholic and I am very concerned and care very much about the new Pope. Here is a link that will certainly create a buzz. But you don't have to bash me for it. I sent this out in an email a couple weeks ago the day before Pope John Paul II died.

http://www.crystalinks.com/papalprophecies.html

It's not totaly correct from what I have been told by Catholic Priests. Peter the Roman is the Pope who will lead us through the final days. Satan can never sit in the "Throne of Peter" so the anti christ will never be the Pope.
I can see it now all of the people who are going to bash me for what I truly believe. Anyway, God Bless.

Rain Man
04-19-2005, 10:29 PM
He stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

You missed the opportunity to say "Holyday Inn".

As for me, I just like the hats.

Inspector
04-19-2005, 10:30 PM
I am a Catholic and I am very concerned and care very much about the new Pope. Here is a link that will certainly create a buzz. But you don't have to bash me for it. I sent this out in an email a couple weeks ago the day before Pope John Paul II died.

It's not totaly correct from what I have been told by Catholic Priests. Peter the Roman is the Pope who will lead us through the final days. Satan can never sit in the "Throne of Peter" so the anti christ will never be the Pope.
I can see it now all of the people who are going to bash me for what I truly believe. Anyway, God Bless.

Don't worry about it. Everyone here is extremely tolerant of all views and beliefs.

Only thing is, Gochiefs will probably be wondering about your dong. He has a thing about that.

Pants
04-19-2005, 10:35 PM
No. Church was created to give certain people money and power. Now, I'm not saying Popes are corrupt evil bastards (well they used to be) but that the whole system is messed up. I respected JPII as a man, not as a Pope. Hopefully this guy will achieve 1/4 of what JPII did, but from I understand he's just a temporary "fill in" type pope.

Boyceofsummer
04-19-2005, 10:41 PM

don't sugar coat it! :LOL:

C-Mac
04-19-2005, 10:43 PM

I'm not going to bash you for what you truly believe, but whoever is promoting that the "anti-christ" is one person and this person has yet to come, hasn't done their basic biblical homework.
:shake:

Mile High Mania
04-19-2005, 10:59 PM
Ok, this is admittedly really bad last minute ... but...

"ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?"

Count Zarth
04-19-2005, 11:01 PM
http://www.forumopolis.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10208&stc=1

Mile High Mania
04-19-2005, 11:04 PM
No. Church was created to give certain people money and power. Now, I'm not saying Popes are corrupt evil bastards (well they used to be) but that the whole system is messed up. I respected JPII as a man, not as a Pope. Hopefully this guy will achieve 1/4 of what JPII did, but from I understand he's just a temporary "fill in" type pope.

At 78 years of age... I can't imagine he's a long term answer, kinda like the Raiders grabbing Gannon a few years back.

Iowanian
04-20-2005, 08:05 AM
I still don't mean to offend anyone.........but does anyone give a shit if old potheads get locked up?
Did it suddenly become legal? I think its a bunch of Bullshit. how do elderly stoners suddenly become law abiding?

Bob Dole
04-20-2005, 08:20 AM
At 78 years of age... I can't imagine he's a long term answer, kinda like the Raiders grabbing Gannon a few years back.

Bob Dole wouldn't have expected anyone but Denise to make a comparison between Rich Gannon and the Pope.

C-Mac
04-20-2005, 08:23 AM
I still don't mean to offend anyone.........but does anyone give a shit if old potheads get locked up?
Did it suddenly become legal? I think its a bunch of Bullshit. how do elderly stoners suddenly become law abiding?

"He that is without pot......cast the first stoned."

Soupnazi
04-20-2005, 08:29 AM

Or alternatively, it would suck just not being able to have sex, reguardless of the size of your dong.

Your mentioning of an enormous dong and how wonderful said dong is really makes me wonder about you.

ptlyon
04-20-2005, 08:48 AM
Does anybody really care about the Pope?

"Does anybody know who the pope is, and does anybody really care? DA DA DAAAAAAA"

ptlyon
04-20-2005, 08:48 AM

BELCH

Anything I can do to help...

gblowfish
04-20-2005, 08:53 AM
No. Church was created to give certain people money and power. Now, I'm not saying Popes are corrupt evil bastards (well they used to be) but that the whole system is messed up. I respected JPII as a man, not as a Pope. Hopefully this guy will achieve 1/4 of what JPII did, but from I understand he's just a temporary "fill in" type pope.So, you're saying he's more like a "Guest Pope?" Like how Garry Shandling or Joan Rivers used to fill in for Johnny Carson???

Cntrygal
04-20-2005, 08:53 AM

I don't care.

Cntrygal
04-20-2005, 08:57 AM
Satan can never sit in the "Throne of Peter" so the anti christ will never be the Pope.

I'm not bashing you.

But, I honestly don't believe that this statement could be true. For the simple reason that HUMANS are prone to error and are not perfect (God allows us to all make mistakes). HUMANS are voting/selecting another human into the office.

cdcox
04-20-2005, 09:13 AM
I don't believe that anyone who takes religion seriously can be completely disinterested in the subject.

I'm Lutheran, not Roman Catholic. But I do care from the sense that he is the leader of a large fraction of the "Holy Christian Chuch, the communion of saints" here on earth. I have many extreme differences with the Roman faith, but do agree with the historical postions of the Church with respect to important concepts such as:

Christianity is a sacramental faith
The essential role of the priesthood
The appropriateness of the liturgy as a form of worship
The reality of sin and its essentially static nature (sins are defined by God and are not conditional on culture)
All male clergy

Furthermore, I'd much rather see a Pope who acknowledges the existance of absolute truth than one who believes everything is relative and conditional. At least with the former you can have a common basis for which to discuss differences since both parties are seeking an objective truth. With the latter, discussion leads only to less coherence, since all points of view have equal claim to the truth.

badgirl
04-20-2005, 09:16 AM
I know I don't care a thing about him, I guess hes the grand poo ba or something, I'm sick of hearing about him on the news, there are more important stuff going on in the news. IMO

Bob Dole
04-20-2005, 09:21 AM
I know I don't care a thing about him, I guess hes the grand poo ba or something, I'm sick of hearing about him on the news, there are more important stuff going on in the news. IMO

(singing elaborately)

Pope Pope Pope Pope. Lovely Pope! Wonderful Pope! Pope Po-o-o-o-o-pe Pope Po-o-o-o-o-pe Pope. Lovely Pope! Lovely Pope! Lovely Pope! Lovely Pope! Lovely Pope! Pope Pope Pope Pope!

badgirl
04-20-2005, 09:23 AM
(singing elaborately)

Pope Pope Pope Pope. Lovely Pope! Wonderful Pope! Pope Po-o-o-o-o-pe Pope Po-o-o-o-o-pe Pope. Lovely Pope! Lovely Pope! Lovely Pope! Lovely Pope! Lovely Pope! Pope Pope Pope Pope!
screw the Pope. :mad:

Count Zarth
04-20-2005, 09:23 AM
(singing elaborately)

I DON'T LIKE POPE!

Don't make such a fuss dear, I'll eat your pope. I love it! I'm having egg bacon pope pope pope pope n'pope!

badgirl
04-20-2005, 09:24 AM
does anyone know how old you have to be to qualify to be a pope? :hmmm: Don't you have to already be real old before you qualify?

Bob Dole
04-20-2005, 09:27 AM
does anyone know how old you have to be to qualify to be a pope? :hmmm: Don't you have to already be real old before you qualify?

Any Catholic male is technically eligible, though historically they've also been a Cardinal.

ROYC75
04-20-2005, 09:28 AM

Do ya think he will let you ?

Mr. Laz
04-20-2005, 09:30 AM
ooooooo .... me got into big trouble for saying something similiar

badgirl
04-20-2005, 09:36 AM
ooooooo .... me got into big trouble for saying something similiar
uh oh :banghead:

uhhhh How bout them Chiefs? :p

badgirl
04-20-2005, 09:38 AM
Do ya think he will let you ?
Isn't he a virgin? :hmmm:
Hey GoChiefs could qualify when he's older if he just behaves himself. :p

HemiEd
04-20-2005, 10:20 AM
Having this issue settled may be having a positive affect on the Stock Market. :D