PDA

View Full Version : What the Heck?

Joe Seahawk
04-19-2005, 11:55 PM
I don't think my son will be trying out for the track team at this school.. :shake: Why does the dude with a javelin through his chest look like he enjoys it?

We grow em tough up here heh..

Javelin Impales South Sound Student

http://images.ibsys.com/2005/0420/4396008_200X150.jpg

KALAMA, Wash. -- A javelin impaled a 12th-grader during track practice at a South Sound school on Monday, one of two incidents that left students hurt, KIRO 7 Eyewitness News reported.

One of Dodson's friends snapped a photo of the javelin impaling him, but Dodson says that he was in shock and he did not feel any pain.

"[It]felt weird and exciting at the same time," said Dodson.

His friends were shocked and worried.

"It's not fun to see one of your friends on the ground with a javelin through his chest," said Brent Hopkins, student.

Minutes later, a seventh-grader was hit in the head by a shot put. The athelete was running out to retrieve his shot put and someone threw another one, striking him in the head.

Both students were taken to a hospital and will be OK.

There were coaches supervising the practice when both incidents occurred.

ChiefsCountry
04-19-2005, 11:57 PM
Move to Missouri, Missouri high school track and field doesnt have the javelin throw.

Simplex3
04-20-2005, 12:37 AM

Rausch
04-20-2005, 12:39 AM
He's smiling because he's got on clean underwear and a 15 inch "javelin" underneat 'em....

Joe Seahawk
04-20-2005, 01:16 AM
I'm guessing the risk manager for the Kalama school district is not sleeping well tonight.. WTF, how do you explain such weird events within moments of each other..

Maybe the track team went out and got stoned before practice or something..

"whoa! Dude you have a javelin through your chest"!

"Whoa!.. I do.. thats's crazy man"

"Hey look, that guy just got nailed in the head with a shotput!" ROFL

beer bacon
04-20-2005, 01:19 AM
I'm guessing the risk manager for the Kalama school district is not sleeping well tonight.. WTF, how do you explain such weird events within moments of each other..

Maybe the track team went out and got stoned before practice or something..

"whoa! Dude you have a javelin through your chest"!

"Whoa!.. I do.. thats's crazy man"

"Hey look, that guy just got nailed in the head with a shotput!" ROFL

Have you got impaled by a javelin...on weeeeed?

Rausch
04-20-2005, 01:29 AM
Have you got impaled -

Only once, and I'll kill that gorilla-handed prick if'n I ever see his ass again in public....

Count Alex's Losses
04-20-2005, 01:31 AM
The closest I ever got to being impaled was when I was playing basketball in my room once. I was 13 or 14 and I had one of those little plush basketballs and a hoop. I was trying to do a fadeaway and I came down on the spike on one of my desk chairs. Lucky for me I was off center. I ended up with a huge purple bruise on my left ass cheek instead of being "air sodomized."