PDA

View Full Version : Do you use a loofah in the shower?

Douche Baggins
04-19-2005, 10:59 PM
I recently started doing so. I love it.

Taco John
04-19-2005, 11:01 PM
http://haiku.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/bill_oreilly.jpg

"Yeah? Tell me about it..."

David.
04-19-2005, 11:01 PM
uhhh what?

Pants
04-19-2005, 11:02 PM
What little Dave said.

Douche Baggins
04-19-2005, 11:03 PM
uhhh what?

It's a kind of sponge. I use the frilly kind:

http://www.jilljordan.com/catalog/images/Loofah%2012.jpg

Pants
04-19-2005, 11:04 PM
It's a kind of sponge. I use the frilly kind:

Yeah, I use one. How else would you wash yourself using shower gel? Didn't know it was called a loofah, it's a sponge around here. Oh, and mine doesn't look nearly as gay.

Simplex3
04-19-2005, 11:05 PM
Well, I did before I found out you do.

Also, this thread is NOT worthless without pictures.

Bwana
04-19-2005, 11:05 PM
uhhh what?

Pronunciation: 'lü-f&
Function: noun
Etymology: New Latin luffa, from Arabic luf
1 : any of a genus (Luffa) of Old World tropical plants of the gourd family with large fruits; also : its fruit
2 : a sponge consisting of the fibrous skeleton of the fruit of a loofah (especially Luffa aegyptiaca)

And Hell no would be the answer.

Gravedigger
04-19-2005, 11:08 PM
The only reason I use a loofah is because I switched from zest to old spice body wash cause it smells better and loofahs lather better.

David.
04-19-2005, 11:08 PM
no, I use a bar of soap

Douche Baggins
04-19-2005, 11:09 PM
The only reason I use a loofah is because I switched from zest to old spice body wash cause it smells better and loofahs lather better.

Exactly! I'm cleaner than ever before. The exfolation factor is only a bonus.

Douche Baggins
04-19-2005, 11:09 PM
no, I use a bar of soap

Go get a loofah. You'll never go back, I promise.

alanm
04-19-2005, 11:10 PM
I'm starting to get really worried about all you guys that voted yes. :shake: Any guy that admits to using a loofah probably drinks beer out of a glass. :shake: :)

Rausch
04-19-2005, 11:10 PM
If it isn't a razor, soap, shampoo, or my hand, then no...

Simplex3
04-19-2005, 11:12 PM
I'm starting to get really worried about all you guys that voted yes. :shake: Any guy that admits to using a loofah probably drinks beer out of a glass. :shake: :)
If it's good enough for Craig "Ironhead" muthafuggin' Heyward it's good enough for me, bitch.

David.
04-19-2005, 11:13 PM
If it isn't a razor, soap, shampoo, or my hand, then no...

that's pretty much my setup.

minus the razor :(

Rausch
If it's good enough for Craig "Ironhead" muthafuggin' Heyward it's good enough for me, bitch.

I have to admit, I was a fan back when.

And by back when, I mean when the Falcons had NOTHING other than him and Metcalf...

alanm
I think Ironhead wipes his ass with a loofah.

Taco John

How else would you drink real beer?

http://www.northernbrewer.com/pics/fullsize/nb-pint.jpg

alanm
04-19-2005, 11:16 PM
How else would you drink real beer?

http://www.northernbrewer.com/pics/fullsize/nb-pint.jpg
Only if it's straight out of the keg.

Rausch
04-19-2005, 11:18 PM
that's pretty much my setup.

minus the razor :(

I shave against the grain so I only have to shave every 2 days. Shaving in or after a shower softens the hair and cuts down on razor burn...

Taco John
04-19-2005, 11:20 PM
Only if it's straight out of the keg.

Barbarian! :harumph:

You gotta treat good beer right... I"m not saying don't drink out of bottles... But sometimes you gotta get it out and let it breathe!

Taco John
04-19-2005, 11:21 PM
I shave against the grain so I only have to shave every 2 days. Shaving in or after a shower softens the hair and cuts down on razor burn...

Ah... a fellow against the grain shower shaver... Shalom!

alanm
04-19-2005, 11:27 PM

You gotta treat good beer right... I"m not saying don't drink out of bottles... But sometimes you gotta get it out and let it breathe!
Well however you like it. I guess I quit drinking just about the time when all these small breweries started poping up. Nowadays everyones a beer snob. I harken back to the good old days of a ice cold bottle of Millers or Heineken on a hot summers day. :thumb: And that was about as exotic as I got. Even if I was still drinking I don't think I'd partake in a brew that was fruit flavored. I loved the European brews that were dark and strong. :thumb:

Pants
04-19-2005, 11:29 PM

Bar soap blows dick compared to shower gel. Shower gel requiers a sponge. Stop calling these things loofah, fag, they are made sponges made out of plastic.

cheeeefs
04-19-2005, 11:30 PM
not only do I shave against the grain, I'm 22 and haven't hit puberty yet so I can really go a long time without showering

+ yes I use a loofah, have for a long long time... maybe that's why I can't seem to hit puberty.

ChiefsCountry
04-19-2005, 11:32 PM
I use a loofah only when I use my Axe body wash and that is when I go out clubbing or a date.

Rausch
04-19-2005, 11:35 PM
Bar soap blows dick compared to shower gel. Shower gel requiers a sponge. Stop calling these things loofah, Rump Ranger, they are made sponges made out of plastic.

Yeah. Whatever francis.

Shower gel is for the few men who love to watch Sex In The City and rub moisturizer on their friggen legs after a hot water-clean'un...

We call them "Closet door clingers" round here...

Rausch
04-19-2005, 11:37 PM

Gotta' be honest man, I hate that Donko-log in your sig. Not just 'cause it's Donko, but cause it looks like he's reeling back from getting jabbed in the clay-tunnel....

Taco John
04-19-2005, 11:51 PM
Well however you like it. I guess I quit drinking just about the time when all these small breweries started poping up. Nowadays everyones a beer snob. I harken back to the good old days of a ice cold bottle of Millers or Heineken on a hot summers day. :thumb: And that was about as exotic as I got. Even if I was still drinking I don't think I'd partake in a brew that was fruit flavored. I loved the European brews that were dark and strong. :thumb:

Well, for me it started in college as a quest for high alcohol content. We moved from Keystone, Beast, and Raineer, to Keystone Ice, Beast Ice, and Raineer Ice. Then I turned 21 and found out that there was actually good tasting beer that delivered on the content.

I don't drink so much these days, but I still enjoy a frosty now and again... and when I'm drinking beer for the enjoyment of it, I go all out and pour it in a glass... :BLVD:

Douche Baggins
04-20-2005, 12:06 AM
Yeah. Whatever francis.

Shower gel is for the few men who love to watch Sex In The City and rub moisturizer on their friggen legs after a hot water-clean'un...

I actually don't use shower gel. I just use bar soap with my loofah. The loofah is great, though. I get tons of lather and its just easier using one.

cheeeefs
04-20-2005, 12:18 AM
get some shower gel, you deserve it.

Douche Baggins
04-20-2005, 12:22 AM
get some shower gel, you deserve it.

'cause I'm good enough, and I'm smart enough!

http://digitaltirade.com/Rants/archives/stuartSmalley.jpg

cheeeefs
04-20-2005, 12:34 AM
and damnit, people like you... some of ém

el borracho
04-20-2005, 12:52 AM
I prefer to use an oompah-loompah in the shower.

Douche Baggins
04-20-2005, 12:57 AM

They always leave my skin orange.

Rausch
04-20-2005, 01:02 AM

Pants
04-20-2005, 01:37 AM
Yeah. Whatever francis.

Using shower gel = being gay? That's some retarded shit.

Douche Baggins
04-20-2005, 01:39 AM

Yeah, I mean, c'mon. I use a loofah but it's not like I started dressing like a metrosexual.

tk13
04-20-2005, 01:44 AM
I agree, that's pretty bad. The real big fe-males are the ones who complain about poker chips.

Douche Baggins
04-20-2005, 01:47 AM
I agree, that's pretty bad. The real big fe-males are the ones who complain about poker chips.

You've lost me...

Pants
04-20-2005, 01:47 AM

LOL, dude that was like 17 years ago, I can't believe you remember that. BTW, I since then have disassociated myself from KCM.

el borracho
04-20-2005, 01:59 AM
Rausch, that is not a loofah nor an oompah-loompah. I don't see how you are gonna get clean showering with that guy.

Saulbadguy
04-20-2005, 06:17 AM
I don't like shower gel or body wash. It doesn't leave me feeling "squeaky clean".

Saulbadguy
04-20-2005, 06:18 AM
Using Shower Gel=Not gay. Using Rasbery Chamoile Spring Fresh w/ Moisturizing beads Shower Gel = :hmmm:

Pants
04-20-2005, 06:18 AM
I don't like shower gel or body wash. It doesn't leave me feeling "squeaky clean".

I hate that feeling. Ugh.

cdcox
04-20-2005, 06:36 AM
Poll categories should be:

Yes, I'm a girl.
No, I'm not a girl.

ROYC75
04-20-2005, 07:21 AM
Have been for over 2 years. The wife buys it and the shower jell and at times forget to buy my Irish Spring.( not big on the girly shower jell stuff, but at times she buys the Dial ) At times I use it with my Irish Spring . ( Notice to the new users )Be careful and don't scrub to hard, it will take the hide off .

seclark
04-20-2005, 07:33 AM
don't have one in my shower, but i've used the one in the wifes shower after being out in the woods all day. pretty handy to scratch the seed ticks off the old tater-sack.
sec

badgirl
04-20-2005, 09:34 AM
yes I use a loofah, I have everyone in the family their own color, but I think I'm the only one who uses mine, the other ones still look new, and I also have a loofah on the end of a clear plastic stick thing for getting your back, remember you need to wash your loofah or it holds in germs, wash it in hot water with your whites

Mark M
04-20-2005, 09:35 AM
I am more than man enough to admit that, yes, I do use one.

It's great for exfoliating.

MM
~~:)