PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 1st Round Pick

CoMoChief
04-20-2005, 10:19 AM
If we deal for Surtain then we need to draft Matt Jones WR from Arkansas. The guy is arguably the best player in the draft besides Braylon Edwards and has the most potential of any player in quite some time.

BN 2/9
04-20-2005, 10:21 AM
Can he play linebacker?

CoMoChief
This is the ONLY pick I wouldnt get pissed at if we used our 1st round pick on offense. Now if we drafted some other offensive player other than Jones, then I would be pissed.

CoMoChief
We can get a quality LB in the 2nd round

Andoverer
04-20-2005, 10:30 AM
If we deal for Surtain then we need to draft Matt Jones WR from Arkansas. The guy is arguably the best player in the draft besides Braylon Edwards and has the most potential of any player in quite some time.

Anything the Chiefs are inclined to do this Saturday draftwise would not surprise me.....but this would.

whtgldwldr
04-20-2005, 10:33 AM
I dont know if jones is the only offensive choice i would accept in the first round. Theoretically speaking there are several WAY above average wide recievers that could very well fall to fifteen in this draft. Jones is one of them. Another may be Troy Williamson (I know thats unlikely but oh well.)

While, I would prefer a linebacker in the first round, at fifteen there will be none worth picking. If we opt for a 'backer, then either trade up for DJ or down for someone else down the line. Frankly, if we get Surtain then we can throw drafting big name corners in the first round out the window, and if we get him cheaper than a second round pick (more likely than many people believe considering Chiefs' depth in the later rounds) then we can draft a comfortable insta-starter linebacker in the second round.

But what wont be in the second round waiting for us is the wide reciever to focus our offense around in the not-so-distant future. Face it, our offense is aging and this could be its last good year. I say we make the defense good enough, and perfect our practically wide-out-free offense. We do that, and at the very least the Lamar Hunt Trophy will finally come home.

Bob Dole
04-20-2005, 10:40 AM

Sorry.

You're an idiot.

tyton75
04-20-2005, 10:43 AM
I'm sure he's a gifted athlete.. but I'm tired of "project" guys... how many passes did he catch in college...

more importantly.. how many tackles! we need DEFENSE!

Bob Dole
04-20-2005, 10:44 AM
I dont know if jones is the only offensive choice i would accept in the first round. Theoretically speaking there are several WAY above average wide recievers that could very well fall to fifteen in this draft. Jones is one of them.

How anyone can determine that a kid who played <b>quarterback</b> is a first round pick wide receiver, simply boggles the mind...

bloomer88
04-20-2005, 11:10 AM

Sorry, but if they drafted him in the first round, that would send me over the edge. No more projects, we have enough of them!!! I wouldn't even waste a second round pick on this guy.

tyton75
04-20-2005, 11:10 AM
I'm sure he's a gifted athlete.. but I'm tired of "project" guys... how many passes did he catch in college...

more importantly.. how many tackles! we need DEFENSE!

htismaqe
04-20-2005, 11:53 AM
Please post your name and full street address.

If we pick Matt Jones, I'm sure there will be a bevy of people wanting to kick your ass.

Lono
04-20-2005, 12:07 PM
Id take him too if we get a solid corner. He WILL be a stud in the NFL. The chiefs wont pick him though. The steelers will pick him up and he will end up being a Pro Bowl wideout.

Dr. Van Halen
04-20-2005, 12:33 PM
But what wont be in the second round waiting for us is the wide reciever to focus our offense around in the not-so-distant future. Face it, our offense is aging and this could be its last good year. I say we make the defense good enough, and perfect our practically wide-out-free offense.

Great post, new kid.

I agree that a WR is a possible idea for round one, given an unusual set of planetary alignments ... but this is the draft. Less than half of first round picks work. Look at the draft history -- how many great WR's in the past five years came after round 1? (The answer is "several.")

Tribal Warfare
04-20-2005, 12:41 PM
I really hope that KC can get a quality player that slips (Merriman, Derrick Johnson) because the front office is going to f*ck the whole draft up. Hopefully KC has the nuts to pull the trigger on a DJ tradeup and a Surtain deal. :cuss: :banghead:

CoMoChief
04-20-2005, 01:18 PM
You may call me an idiot, like you have been all day, but you have an incredibly gay dog as your avatar.

CoMoChief
04-20-2005, 01:19 PM
You (badbobby) may call me an idiot, like you have been all day which is fine, ya know whatever, but you have an incredibly gay dog as your avatar. Yo Quiero Taco Bell you homo.

Bob Dole
04-20-2005, 01:23 PM
You (badbobby) may call me an idiot, like you have been all day which is fine, ya know whatever, but you have an incredibly gay dog as your avatar. Yo Quiero Taco Bell you homo.

ROFL

Tard.

jcroft
04-20-2005, 01:24 PM
It was soooo much better the second time with the extra words. *rollseyes*

Chan93lx50
04-20-2005, 01:26 PM
Hmmm, has anybody noticed that everyone that has agreed with BSPimpdude has under 100 posts?

I smell something fishy

CoMoChief
04-20-2005, 01:27 PM
ROFL

Tard.

As ZachKC would say, "Oh man I just got dominated."

ChiefsOne
04-20-2005, 01:29 PM
I hear great things about Jones being a WR. But, he hasn't played it and will need some learning time. Sure he is big and fast, but 1st round is f'kn crazy. Maybe 3rd or later.

CoMoChief
04-20-2005, 01:29 PM
Hmmm, has anybody noticed that everyone that has agreed with BSPimpdude has under 100 posts?

I smell something fishy

Shit I guess that means we've never watched the Chiefs before or let alone a NFL game before.

Bob Dole
04-20-2005, 01:31 PM
As ZachKC would say, "Oh man I just got dominated."

Right. Bob Dole is going to expend serious effort on someone whose initial salvo consisted of making fun of an avatar and calling him a homo.

Seriously.

You're a Tard.

CoMoChief
04-20-2005, 01:35 PM
I hear great things about Jones being a WR. But, he hasn't played it and will need some learning time. Sure he is big and fast, but 1st round is f'kn crazy. Maybe 3rd or later.

He wont last until the 2nd round. He's 6-6 people with a 40in verticle. As much as we run the ball, it will open up the passing game obviously. Combine that with a 4.3 speed and knowledge of how routes should be run (being QB will help him at this, being QB you havta be smart). No one will be able to keep up with this guy. We run some of the best PA plays in NFL. This guy is going to be a dominator at WR. He was burning by people in the Senior Bowl and thats against the best DB's in the nation (for the most part). No ones gonna be able to cover him. Just throw it up and get it, thats all we would have to do. Theres not a corner in the league that could bump him off the line, or out jump him. His size is the main thing people.

CoMoChief
04-20-2005, 01:37 PM
Right. Bob Dole is going to expend serious effort on someone whose initial salvo consisted of making fun of an avatar and calling him a homo.

Seriously.

You're a Tard.

All Im saying is that I seriously hope thats not your dog. If it is, youre definitely a homo in anyones book. Taco dogs are for women.

HolmeZz
04-20-2005, 01:40 PM
I'll takes Jones IF...

- We trade for Surtain for a 4th this year and a 2nd next
- Pac Man, Rolle, Rogers, DJ, and Merriman are off the board at #15
- We MUST get Burnett or Blackstock in round 2

And those are the only conditions.

jcroft
04-20-2005, 01:41 PM
All Im saying is that I seriously hope thats not your dog. If it is, youre definitely a homo in anyones book. Taco dogs are for women.

Anyone whose homo detection book includes chapters on using dogs as gaydar is a homo in my book.

Bob Dole
04-20-2005, 01:43 PM

Bob Dole has two chihuahuas. What does your manual say about that?

BTW:

Sat 4/23 Will Matt Jones (ARK) be a 1st round (top 32)pick?

06:00 AM
209 Yes -125
210 No +115

Link (http://www2.pinnaclesports.com/guestcontestLines.asp?redirected=yes&ContestType=2005%20NFL%20Draft)

CoMoChief
04-20-2005, 01:46 PM
Blaystock is a f*ckin beast. I hope we would be able to draft him. I think he'll go early 2nd round though.

Kyle401
04-20-2005, 01:55 PM
Matt Jones should absolutely be chosen in the top of the 1st round. After all he is an extremely polished player who has had four years to develope into a productive reciever who will make an immediate impact for his team. Now if he was an ex-QB workout warrior with good measureables who showed up to the combine and ran a fast time, then he might drop into the second round.

Kyle401
04-20-2005, 01:58 PM
Blaystock is a f*ckin beast. I hope we would be able to draft him. I think he'll go early 2nd round though.

ROFL

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
J

Trying some new bait?

ck_IN
04-20-2005, 02:04 PM
I admit I haven't seen lots of Jones but what I have seen makes me think of a more talented Eric Crouch.

If we want a WR, then lets draft a WR. Lets not have another conversion project to add to our list of safety/cb projects.

Bob Dole
04-20-2005, 02:23 PM
I admit I haven't seen lots of Jones but what I have seen makes me think of a more talented Eric Crouch.

If we want a WR, then lets draft a WR. Lets not have another conversion project to add to our list of safety/cb projects.

We have a winner.

Mr. Kotter
04-20-2005, 02:45 PM

Does he play defense? :cuss:

Then, please....S.T.F.U. Pretty please? :banghead:

Bob Dole
04-20-2005, 02:54 PM

Then, please....S.T.F.U. Pretty please? :banghead:

He played as much defense as he did wide receiver in college.

Chest Rockwell
04-20-2005, 02:57 PM

He COULD if he wanted!!! He's got the potential. His measureables say so.

Couldn't resist.

Tombstone RJ
04-20-2005, 03:13 PM
If the chefs get Matt Jones, I'll puke... I wanted the Broncos to take him at #25 but since that has been traded away, there's no way the Broncos are going to get him. He's gonna be gone no later than the early second round.

Is Vermiel and Peterson smart enough to pull the trigger on Jones? Possibly... Hopefully not though.

Woodrow Call
04-20-2005, 10:09 PM
Anyone dumb enough to draft Matt Jones in the 1st Rd deserves to be taken behind the woodshed and beaten down. The most overhyped prospect I have ever seen.

Oh wow he is 6-6 and runs a 4.4 40 but what the hell good is he going to be to a team in the next couple of years if ever. He has NO position. Do the names Danzler, Couch, Bellesari, etc mean anything to the Matt Jones lovers.

Lets spend a 1st rd pick on an offensive project. :rolleyes: I am sure Saunders has a giant erection over the thought of it and that scares me.

the Talking Can
04-20-2005, 10:33 PM
why the hell would waste a first round pick on a player with no position?

because he runs fast?

somehow you must be related to CP....

Son of Logical
04-20-2005, 11:16 PM
You guys should hear how some of these draft analysts pour all over for this guy, but I still have to say that I would be o.k. with taking him in the third. I mean Randell L turned into a good player immediately, and had similar talk about him before his draft. He got drafted in the third I think, so I say if we want to draft this guy the third is the way to go.

Gravedigger
04-21-2005, 12:59 AM
I think your just saying what the media has been saying. Matt Jones is nothing compared to a derrick johnson, shawne merriman, or even be put in the same sentence of Braylon Edwards.