PDA

View Full Version : Predraft Press Conference on now

ZootedGranny
04-20-2005, 10:38 AM
www.810whb.com

Baby Lee
04-20-2005, 10:45 AM
Anyone else see this and wonder what Prederat had done to merit a presss conference?

I'm the lone lysdexic? Nevermind.

Bootlegged
04-20-2005, 11:07 AM
Sounds like Carl has a crush on PacMan Jones.

cdcox
04-20-2005, 11:10 AM
Sounds like Carl has a crush on PacMan Jones.

That is a safe thing for him to say because he won't be there at 15.

ZootedGranny
Stiles: trading out of a spot is possible, they know their needs.

Peterson: trading for Surtain doesn't have to happen before the draft, and if it doesn't happen, they have other avenues. "I do not want to give up our second round draft pick, no." Still denying already having a contract with Surtain, still says it's too much to happen on draft day, from physicals to contract to reporting it to the league. Said that he hasn't ruled out trading picks next year should he not be able to get Surtain before this draft. When asked about Surtain again, he slightly changed his stance and said that he doesn't "prefer" to trade a 2nd rounder this year.

Says Thomas Davis is interesting, says Pac Man reminds him of Kevin Ross, hints that they aren't really interested in tweener DE/OLB because they don't run a 3-4, and aren't sure if the guys in this draft can play as a true 4-3 DE. Takes into consideration how a player has performed over the course of their college career, instead of one good year.

Talking up Kawika Mitchell, says its not his job to look at this year, but every year down the road, wants linebackers, but isn't giving up on the ones we have now.

Bootlegged
will still add a LB....but, oh God, sounds like CP still wants to play Mitchell & Fox. Also, thinks injured LB's are going to play. I assume he means Fujita, Barber AND Maz.

Bootlegged
04-20-2005, 11:12 AM
clarified, now says Maz is a longshot.

ZootedGranny
04-20-2005, 11:55 AM
One of the more interesting things Peterson said, is that it may be Lamar's last year, if I heard correctly.

htismaqe
04-20-2005, 12:02 PM
Takes into consideration how a player has performed over the course of their college career, instead of one good year.

I hope this isn't bullshit, because this pretty much rules out Erasmus James.

Coogs
04-20-2005, 12:03 PM
I hope this isn't bullshit, because this pretty much rules out Erasmus James.

:thumb:

That is the one guy, outside of Matt Jones, that I don't want Saturday afternoon.

NewChief
04-20-2005, 12:06 PM
:thumb:

That is the one guy, outside of Matt Jones, that I don't want Saturday afternoon.

I fear getting Matt Jones. He's just the kind of tweener, jack-of-all-trades, natural athlete that would give Saunders a woody, and send the Planet into convulsions.

Coogs
04-20-2005, 12:37 PM
I fear getting Matt Jones. He's just the kind of tweener, jack-of-all-trades, natural athlete that would give Saunders a woody, and send the Planet into convulsions.

I suppose I could live with him at 46, but I would still prefer someone like Tuck.

KCTitus
04-20-2005, 12:39 PM
Did they mention if they were going to draft Brandon Joe, FB OSU?

Tribal Warfare
04-20-2005, 12:49 PM
Anything on Derrick Johnson?

Thomas Davis is interesting

any indication KC might be looking at him as an OLB besides a safety?