PDA

View Full Version : So, CP says Surtain contract may not get done and we're not talking to Law any more

Bootlegged
04-20-2005, 12:43 PM
But there are other FA options out there. Woodson/Dyson? Who else would be out there?

I don't like the sounds of this at all.

Nightfyre
04-20-2005, 12:43 PM
June 1st cap casualties...

jcroft
04-20-2005, 12:44 PM
I thought he said, "I HAVEN'T stopped talking to Ty Law."

I'm pretty sure he said that, because he followed it up with, "Are ya happy now, Jason?"

Count Alex's Losses
04-20-2005, 12:45 PM
JESUS ****ING CHRIST, CARL.

JUST GIVE THEM THE 2ND.

YOU ****ING MORON. EAT SHIT AND DIE YOU ****ING DOUCHEBAG.

jcroft
For the record, I still think the Surtain deal gets done...

jcroft

JUST GIVE THEM THE 2ND.

Thanks for the insightful input on this pressing matter. Where would this place be without you and your clever takes?

Count Alex's Losses
04-20-2005, 12:47 PM
ROFL

ptlyon
04-20-2005, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the insightful input on this pressing matter. Where would this place be without you and your clever takes?

Not sure what you're talking about - it was probably the most brilliant post he's ever written.

Mr. Laz
04-20-2005, 12:50 PM
now carl is saying that the trade for Patrick Surtain could actually happen AFTER this year's draft.

:hmmm:

cadmonkey
04-20-2005, 12:50 PM
You guys better be careful, CP is starting to look like the type that might pack up and move your team durring the middle of the night.

The santa fe Chiefs has a nice ring to it.

jcroft
04-20-2005, 12:52 PM
Not sure what you're talking about - it was probably the most brilliant post he's ever written.

Right. Which is why I thanked him profusley for his insight.

Bootlegged
04-20-2005, 12:54 PM
I thought he said, "I HAVEN'T stopped talking to Ty Law."

I'm pretty sure he said that, because he followed it up with, "Are ya happy now, Jason?"

I hope that's the case. I thought he said "are you happy now, Jason?" because Whitlock wouldn't stop asking about it. He then made reference to himself and Carl Poston being like "this". I assume he made a CP finger gesture.

I sure hope we are still talking to Law....even though I'm pretty sure we won't end up with either.

Bob Dole
04-20-2005, 12:56 PM
Matt Jones from Arkansas could step in and play CB on day one. He's the best athlete evah!

Mr. Laz
04-20-2005, 12:59 PM
You guys better be careful, CP is starting to look like the type that might pack up and move your team durring the middle of the night.
starting to look??????

he is ABSOLUTELY the type .... he'd move the chiefs and piss out the bus window on his way out of town.

tomahawk kid
04-20-2005, 01:02 PM
Kingless said he hasn't heard ANYTHING about Arizona being involved in the Surtain sweepstakes.

He said his agent hadn't mentioned anything, which is obviously the custom.

the Talking Can
04-20-2005, 01:04 PM
we're not going to sign Surtain....unbelievable...I wish someone would kill Carl

htismaqe
04-20-2005, 01:06 PM
Everything this man says should be taken with a grain of salt, ESPECIALLY 3 days before the draft...

jspchief
04-20-2005, 01:10 PM

The santa fe Chiefs has a nice ring to it.Carl would have to buy the team from Lamar Hunt first.

cadmonkey
04-20-2005, 01:21 PM
Carl would have to buy the team from Lamar Hunt first.

you and your silly facts!!!!! :harumph:

Gaz
04-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Everything this man says should be taken with a grain of salt, ESPECIALLY 3 days before the draft...

Take your logic and reason and depart from the Planet.

They have no place here.

xoxo~
Gaz
Listening to a chorus of jerking knees.

tomahawk kid
04-20-2005, 01:44 PM
Take your logic and reason and depart from the Planet.

They have no place here.

xoxo~
Gaz

Damn you, Gaz! DAMN YOU!!!!

The sky is freaking falling for heaven's sake...JUMP SHIP, HEAD FOR THE HILLS...WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!

KCTitus
04-20-2005, 01:47 PM
Gaz

Is that what that sound was...I thought it was crickets.

ROYC75
04-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Damn you, Gaz! DAMN YOU!!!!

The sky is freaking falling for heaven's sake...JUMP SHIP, HEAD FOR THE HILLS...WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!

The shy is falling ? :banghead: Run for your lives,get out now why you can .

Sponge Bob
04-20-2005, 01:51 PM
Back to the pinapple we go, the sky doesn't reach down here.

Mr. Laz
04-20-2005, 01:54 PM

a generally assume everything that Carl says is complete bullchit until i see something to indicate otherwise.

1punkyQB
04-20-2005, 01:56 PM
Carl would have to buy the team from Lamar Hunt first.
Carl just got a new contract after impressively compiling 0 playoff wins since 1993. Don't rule out Carl marrying Hunt's daughter and receiving the team as his dowry.

whtgldwldr
04-20-2005, 01:58 PM
we're not going to sign Surtain....unbelievable...I wish someone would kill Carl

Well, all i've got on me is a set of keys and some pocket lint. I guess that would work...might take some effort, but I could do it.

All I need is a ride...

Gaz
04-20-2005, 02:05 PM
Folks who do not believe a thing that comes out of Petersonís mouth are in now a frenzy because he is negotiating in the media to drive down the price of a coveted player.

I love this place.

xoxo~
Gaz
A cheap date.

Edubs
04-20-2005, 02:25 PM

Shut up......jjjjjuuuussstt shut up.

C-Mac
04-20-2005, 02:43 PM
Uhhhhhh...
Curious, where is all this quoted info coming from anyway?

LINKS-SOURCES?

KCJake
04-20-2005, 02:47 PM
For the record, I still think the Surtain deal gets done...
For the record, so do I :thumb:

milkman
04-20-2005, 03:05 PM

JUST GIVE THEM THE 2ND.

For the record, I think Carl is the King of BS.
But I wholeheartedly support this post by GoatCheese, especially the part about eating shit and dying! :thumb:

nychief
04-20-2005, 03:08 PM
where did he say this?

jcroft
04-20-2005, 03:09 PM
where did he say this?

He said it in his pre-draft press conference today. However, I still maintain he said we ARE still talking to Law.

He said the Surtain deal might not get done pre-draft, but it could still happen after the draft.

Edubs
04-20-2005, 03:13 PM
He said it in his pre-draft press conference today. However, I still maintain he said we ARE still talking to Law.

He said the Surtain deal might not get done pre-draft, but it could still happen after the draft.

I wonder how Ty is coming along.

chiefz
04-20-2005, 03:17 PM
Just out of curiousity, has anyone ever heard a pre-draft press conference that gave away some sort of inside information publicly on their plans in the draft and or free agency that could possibly give their competitors an advantage?

jcroft
04-20-2005, 03:17 PM
I wonder how Ty is coming along.

Dunno, but I personally wouldn't feel very comfortable with Ty and Ty alone. I think Law's a great player and I'd love to have him, but with his injury situation, I'd want us to also draft one of the top three CBs, just in case he can't start the season...

jcroft
04-20-2005, 03:18 PM
Just out of curiousity, has anyone ever heard a pre-draft press conference that gave away some sort of inside information publicly on their plans in the draft and or free agency that could possibly give their competitors an advantage?

No. Why do you ask?

htismaqe
04-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Folks who do not believe a thing that comes out of Petersonís mouth are in now a frenzy because he is negotiating in the media to drive down the price of a coveted player.

I love this place.

xoxo~
Gaz
A cheap date.

Yep.

"King" Carl is a crooked, evil, pompous ass - an accomplished liar of the highest degree...until he says something that people REALLY don't like and now it's 100% truth...

eazyb81
04-20-2005, 05:21 PM
Yep.

"King" Carl is a crooked, evil, pompous ass - an accomplished liar of the highest degree...until he says something that people REALLY don't like and now it's 100% truth...
Can you blame people right now? About 24 hours ago everything seemed fine, but then a rumor about Arizona being a trading partner for Surtain surfaced and Oakland was able to trade a corner less talented then Surtain for a 2nd and a 3rd in this year's draft. I try to stay level headed in most situations involving the Chiefs, but I am seriously worried right now...

Please tell me I am wrong and everything will turn out okay by this weekend.

NaptownChief
04-20-2005, 05:27 PM

I love this place.

xoxo~
Gaz
A cheap date.

Problem with Bozo Peterson is he negotiates more with the media than with players and agents....

el borracho
04-20-2005, 06:08 PM

That would rule! I would absolutely be a season ticket holder.

whoman69
04-20-2005, 07:19 PM
June 1st cap casualties...
There are never any worth signing. I hear people saying this every year, but nobody ever comes up.

htismaqe
04-20-2005, 07:59 PM
Can you blame people right now? About 24 hours ago everything seemed fine, but then a rumor about Arizona being a trading partner for Surtain surfaced and Oakland was able to trade a corner less talented then Surtain for a 2nd and a 3rd in this year's draft. I try to stay level headed in most situations involving the Chiefs, but I am seriously worried right now...

Please tell me I am wrong and everything will turn out okay by this weekend.

Can I blame people right now? For what?

For being angry? No. I'm angry. I want Surtain and I want him now.

Of course, I haven't gone out of my way to call him a liar at every turn only to believe him now just because it's bad news...

milkman
04-20-2005, 08:03 PM
There are never any worth signing. I hear people saying this every year, but nobody ever comes up.

I may be wrong, cause my memory is not all that realiable, but wasn't Marvcus Patton a June 1 casualty the year we signed him?

And what about Dalton?

KChiefs1
04-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Dunno, but I personally wouldn't feel very comfortable with Ty and Ty alone. I think Law's a great player and I'd love to have him, but with his injury situation, I'd want us to also draft one of the top three CBs, just in case he can't start the season...

I could live with signing Law if the Chiefs deem him healthy enough as long as the Chiefs got one of the three top CB's on the board Saturday(Rolle, Jones or Rogers). If they can't get one of those guys then I believe that Carl will have officially screwed this whole thing up...I gotta believe he is thinking about signing Law & getting Rogers at #15 if he doesn't get the Surtain deal done. :banghead:

LiL stumppy
04-20-2005, 09:35 PM

JUST GIVE THEM THE 2ND.

:clap: