PDA

View Full Version : What about pat ramsey

NJ Chief Fan
04-20-2005, 11:53 AM
just read that the skins are lookin to draft the qb cambell out of auburn in the first round...i think the chiefs should try and pick up ramsey as the qb of the future

Hammock Parties
04-20-2005, 11:54 AM
I'm a big fan.

jcroft
04-20-2005, 11:57 AM
If he came cheap, he'd be worth a shot. But, he really hasn't shown that much yet in the NFL -- I'm sure as hell not giving up anywhere near the 1st round pick the Redskins used on him.

If they cut him, hell yes. If they'll unload him for a late-rounder or Johnnie Morton, yes. Otherwise, no thanks.

jspchief
04-20-2005, 12:00 PM
Patrick Ramsey? Are you kidding?

Bob Dole
04-20-2005, 12:04 PM
Patrick Ramsey is a pretty good tackling dummy.

NJ Chief Fan
04-20-2005, 12:09 PM

with our o-line he wouldnt be as much of a tacking dummy now would he?

he actually has some decent numbers...33 career tds to 28 ints...you have to put into consideration that his oline is garbage...just look at clinton "im the most over rater rb ever" portis...he struggled to average 4.0 yards a carry this season

Bob Dole
04-20-2005, 12:12 PM
with our o-line he wouldnt be as much of a tacking dummy now would he?

Probably not, but it wouldn't be nearly as funny.

Frankie
04-20-2005, 12:34 PM
I'm all for getting him fairly cheap. :thumb:

Hammock Parties
04-20-2005, 12:38 PM
I signed him in year 4 or 5 of my Madden franchise and he's quite the HOF shoo-in:

King_Chief_Fan
04-20-2005, 12:38 PM
just read that the skins are lookin to draft the qb cambell out of auburn in the first round...i think the chiefs should try and pick up ramsey as the qb of the future

MEDIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jcroft
04-20-2005, 12:39 PM
I signed him in year 4 or 5 of my Madden franchise and he's quite the HOF shoo-in:

In that case, we should go ahead and trade two first rounders for him.

patteeu
04-20-2005, 12:55 PM
If he came cheap, he'd be worth a shot. But, he really hasn't shown that much yet in the NFL -- I'm sure as hell not giving up anywhere near the 1st round pick the Redskins used on him.

If they cut him, hell yes. If they'll unload him for a late-rounder or Johnnie Morton, yes. Otherwise, no thanks.

Same here.

Chris Meck
04-20-2005, 12:59 PM
if he's cheap, sure.

whtgldwldr
04-20-2005, 01:04 PM

Thats alot of money for a tackling dummy...plus we'd have to paint a target on him or else our "defense" couldn't hit him...

Frankie
04-20-2005, 01:55 PM
Thats alot of money for a tackling dummy...plus we'd have to paint a target on him or else our "defense" couldn't hit him...

I don't remember draft stuff about Ramsey's mobility (or lack thereof). But Green is not considered a mobile QB and he does well behind our O-line.

I really think PR needs a new start.

buddha
04-20-2005, 02:41 PM
What has Ramsey showed since coming to the NFL that would lead anybody to think he is any good? They brought in a broken down Brunell because they felt so good about him!

jcroft
04-20-2005, 03:09 PM
What has Ramsey showed since coming to the NFL that would lead anybody to think he is any good? They brought in a broken down Brunell because they felt so good about him!

I agree completely. There is no reason to think that Ramsey is going to be anything other than a another first round bust.

But, he does have some talent and does have a crappy offensive line there in Washington. I'd still take a flyer on him if it came cheaply and see what a fresh start with a better line could do for him. He's got to have more talent than most late-round picks we could make at QB.

ChiefsCountry
04-20-2005, 03:12 PM
Of course this is the Washington Redskins, they bring in new players like people change underwear.

Sure-Oz
04-20-2005, 03:29 PM
If we can get him cheap id say go for it.

Gravedigger
04-20-2005, 03:38 PM
heh...... your... joking.... right? yeah lets get pat ramsey and maurice clarett while were at it.

andoman
04-20-2005, 04:31 PM
I saw Ramsey play a couple of times with the Redskins. I think the kid has leadership skills and is pretty tough. Couldn't tell if he had any talent 'cause he never had more than a couple of seconds to get rid of the ball.

eazyb81
04-20-2005, 04:34 PM
I would take him in a second if we could get him for a 3rd or less. He has a cannon for an arm and has a ton of potential, he just needs to get away from the blackhole known as the Redskins front office.

jcroft
04-20-2005, 04:37 PM
I would take him in a second if we could get him for a 3rd or less. He has a cannon for an arm and has a ton of potential, he just needs to get away from the blackhole known as the Redskins front office.

And the vanishing act known as the Redskins' offensive line.

eazyb81
04-20-2005, 04:40 PM
And the vanishing act known as the Redskins' offensive line.

And the idiotic coaches that actually believed a 34 year old Mark Brunell was a better choice at QB then Ramsey.

Deberg_1990
04-20-2005, 05:04 PM
I think he is decent and worth picking up to develop as long as the cost isnt too high. Hes got a strong arm, and ive seen him play a few decent games. Maybe Shea and Saunders could make something out of him.

Frankie
04-21-2005, 07:42 AM
Of course this is the Washington Redskins, they bring in new players like people change underwear.

The Redskins bring in new players once a month?

Frankie
04-21-2005, 07:46 AM
If we can get him cheap id say go for it.

That's the idea.

Gibbs is treating him like an unwanted bastard child and he may revive his career under our QB coach and behind our O-line. There's another Redskin reject who's not doing too badly for us as a QB, you know.

homey
04-21-2005, 07:47 AM
Behind a good o-line Ramsey could accell. I think a lot of people have the image of him getting no protection in the "fun and gun" offense Spurrier and not really getting a chance.

Frankie
04-21-2005, 07:51 AM
I saw Ramsey play a couple of times with the Redskins. I think the kid has leadership skills and is pretty tough. Couldn't tell if he had any talent 'cause he never had more than a couple of seconds to get rid of the ball.

AS IN TRENT GREEN? :thumb: I think that's the first and most important requirement. I believe our offensive coaching staff can do the rest.

Frankie
04-21-2005, 07:52 AM
For his resume, 3rd is a bit risky. But a 4th? :hmmm:

Frankie
04-21-2005, 07:55 AM
Behind a good o-line Ramsey could accell. I think a lot of people have the image of him getting no protection in the "fun and gun" offense Spurrier and not really getting a chance.

Exactly! :thumb: (Since I think you wanted to say excel ;) )

the Talking Can
04-21-2005, 07:56 AM
Ramsey would be great if got him off the scrap heap for cheap.

I couldn't believe they brought in Brunell last year. I was impressed with his toughness watching him play a couple of years ago, behind a terrible OL.

Nightfyre
04-21-2005, 08:52 AM
I think Ramsey would be great option. Look at it this way, he could come in and get some tutelage from a QB of very similar style in Trent Green. I also think if Ramsey had a line in front of him.... I mean, just look at the decline in Portis' numbers to see how porous the redskins line is.... Geez, and he moved to a weak conference/division to boot.

Frankie
04-21-2005, 09:24 AM
I think Ramsey would be great option. Look at it this way, he could come in and get some tutelage from a QB of very similar style in Trent Green. I also think if Ramsey had a line in front of him.... I mean, just look at the decline in Portis' numbers to see how porous the redskins line is.... Geez, and he moved to a weak conference/division to boot.
Excellent point.

eazyb81
04-21-2005, 11:01 AM
For his resume, 3rd is a bit risky. But a 4th? :hmmm:

Well, he was a 1st round draft pick in 2002, so I wouldn't say a 3rd is too much for him. He also had 62% completion percentage last year, so it's obvious he can throw.

Remember, we did give up a 1st and a 5th rounder for Trent Green who had been a starter for only 1 1/2 seasons.

Cormac
04-21-2005, 11:06 AM
I think Ramsay would be a good option too. He never had a chance under Spurrier. The fact that Spurrier's offense was soooo bad in Washington isn't Ramsay's fault. Then, old school Joe Gibbs came in and didn't want to struggle with a young QB. Brunell couldn't hack it, and Ramsay showed himself to be the better option, even against Gibbs' bias. I don't think Ramsay can be fairly evaluated as an NFL player, yet. He could do well given a fresh start, and for that reason I'd like to get him for a mid-rounder. He's no guarantee to succeed, but what mid-round QB is? At the very least, he'd have much more upside as back-up than Todd "dink-dunk-INT" Collins. Sorry Rausch.....:p

Frankie
04-21-2005, 11:36 AM
Maybe we should use Carl's e-mail address from the other thread and plant this idea in his head.

King_Chief_Fan
04-21-2005, 12:29 PM
I think Ramsay would be a good option too. He never had a chance under Spurrier. The fact that Spurrier's offense was soooo bad in Washington isn't Ramsay's fault. Then, old school Joe Gibbs came in and didn't want to struggle with a young QB. Brunell couldn't hack it, and Ramsay showed himself to be the better option, even against Gibbs' bias. I don't think Ramsay can be fairly evaluated as an NFL player, yet. He could do well given a fresh start, and for that reason I'd like to get him for a mid-rounder. He's no guarantee to succeed, but what mid-round QB is? At the very least, he'd have much more upside as back-up than Todd "dink-dunk-INT" Collins. Sorry Rausch.....:p

The professional clip board holder will retire someday.........I say go after the guy and have our CBHOTF.

Frankie
04-21-2005, 11:19 PM
Have the night planeteers seen this thread?

Dunit35
04-21-2005, 11:55 PM
I'd be for it....for cheap that is....I'd hope hes better then our future guy right now...Casey Clausen

Frankie
04-21-2005, 11:58 PM
I'd be for it....for cheap that is....I'd hope hes better then our future guy right now...Casey Clausen

I have no doubt he is.