PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Johnson just signed with Detroit. Way to go WPI!!!

Bootlegged
04-20-2005, 12:04 PM
per Clayton on NFL Live

the Talking Can
04-20-2005, 12:05 PM
way to go Carl...at least Athan has the excuse of being retarded

Bootlegged
04-20-2005, 12:08 PM
Mods, can I change my user name to Nick Athan?

tomahawk kid
04-20-2005, 12:10 PM
We reeeeeeeeaaaaallllly need to think of a nickname for Athan.

"Athanine" perhaps? That's the best I can come up with.

jcroft
04-20-2005, 12:11 PM
way to go Carl...at least Athan has the excuse of being retarded

Well, in all fairness, Carl has the excuse of being a cheap, lowballing bastard. :)

jcroft
04-20-2005, 12:11 PM
"Athanine" perhaps?

It's perfect.

jspchief
04-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Who's worse? Athan, or the retards that still give credit to what he says, and post it on the Planet?

The Bad Guy
04-20-2005, 12:12 PM

How bout "NoIntegrityPieceofShit"?

NJ Chief Fan
04-20-2005, 12:14 PM
un-athanic

KCTitus
04-20-2005, 12:16 PM
So does this mean the Chiefs are not going to announce his signing right before the draft?

Ultra Peanut
04-20-2005, 12:18 PM

"Athanine" perhaps? That's the best I can come up with.Excellent.

How bout "NoIntegrityPieceofShit"?Too wordy.

Who's worse? Athan, or the retards that still give credit to what he says, and post it on the Planet?Gonna have to give the nod to PhonyFreaqualizer_Fan.

Bootlegged
04-20-2005, 12:21 PM
Nick Athan the Minister of Misinformation?

tomahawk kid
04-20-2005, 12:28 PM
How bout "NoIntegrityPieceofShit"?

ROFL

That works too.....

Rudy lost the toss
04-20-2005, 12:30 PM
I would have liked to see the chiefs get givens or johnson, but now it looks like another year with morton.

Bob Dole
04-20-2005, 12:32 PM
You know, just because he's signed with Detroit, it doesn't mean there isn't an impending blockbuster draft day deal involving him coming to KC.

Coogs
04-20-2005, 12:34 PM
I would have liked to see the chiefs get givens or johnson, but now it looks like another year with morton.

Parker should be able to take Morton's spot. With Boerighter back, out top 3 spots should be much stronger. And if Chris Henery falls far enough in the draft (to 99)..... that could wind up being a major steal.

jcroft
04-20-2005, 12:36 PM
Parker should be able to take Morton's spot. With Boerighter back, out top 3 spots should be much stronger. And if Chris Henery falls far enough in the draft (to 99)..... that could wind up being a major steal.

I think this is a decent possibility, but you do have to keep in mind that both Parker and Boe are pretty big question marks. Parker looks like he's going to be good, but he's only played in a few games. Boe didn't play last year, and didn't play well the year before that.

I hope the WRs will be better this year, but it's no given.

Rudy lost the toss
04-20-2005, 12:37 PM
I really don't think morton will be cut. I hope he does, but Parker hasn't proved that he could be a #2 and Bo is coming off of an injury after a dissapointing season.

and as for detroit... don't they have Rogers, Williams, Streets, and Hakim already?

jcroft
04-20-2005, 12:40 PM
I really don't think morton will be cut. I hope he does, but Parker hasn't proved that he could be a #2 and Bo is coming off of an injury after a dissapointing season.

and as for detroit... don't they have Rogers, Williams, Streets, and Hakim already?

Yeah, it does seem odd that they'd be looking receiver...

Coogs
04-20-2005, 12:45 PM
I think this is a decent possibility, but you do have to keep in mind that both Parker and Boe are pretty big question marks. Parker looks like he's going to be good, but he's only played in a few games. Boe didn't play last year, and didn't play well the year before that.

I hope the WRs will be better this year, but it's no given.

There comes a point when the only way these guys are going to get better is when they get playing time. I think Kennison and Parker at the #1 and #2 spots for now with Boerighter at the #3 spot is the way to go.

And Chris Henry is supposed to be #1 material, but have a questionable character issue that could make him fall in the draft. A potential #1 WR is worth the gamble. Imagine what s Moss or Owens could do here. And that is the talent level Henry is supposed to have.

jspchief
04-20-2005, 12:47 PM

Bummer. I guess we'll have to settle for the 2nd ranked passing offense and only 4500 passing yards again...

jcroft
04-20-2005, 12:49 PM
There comes a point when the only way these guys are going to get better is when they get playing time. I think Kennison and Parker at the #1 and #2 spots for now with Boerighter at the #3 spot is the way to go.

And Chris Henry is supposed to be #1 material, but have a questionable character issue that could make him fall in the draft. A potential #1 WR is worth the gamble. Imagine what s Moss or Owens could do here. And that is the talent level Henry is supposed to have.

I agree with your first paragraph. I think that's the way to go also (unless we add someone else to the team before the season starts), and I do think there's a decent chance they'll be better than our WRs last year -- but we can't be sure. Parker could easily have a sophomore slump, and it will have been three years since Boe played really well. There's a lot of potential between Boe and Parker, but there aren't many sure things.

I don't object to taking a WR in the draft, even on day one, but I think I do object to taking one in the first round at #15. I'd take Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards there, but they won't be there...

tk13
04-20-2005, 01:48 PM

I don't know, but I call all you people that believe what he says Athaniests.

Sure-Oz
04-20-2005, 01:51 PM
How does this guy have a job?