PDA

View Full Version : More breaking news

Chiefnj
04-20-2005, 02:17 PM
from WPI:

"In other tidbits from the press conference, it appears to me the Chiefs could be trying to swing a trade that would result in acquiring a pair of draft picks by vaulting either Jerome Woods or Greg Wesley from the current roster on draft day. When I talked to a Chiefs official after the game and I posed that question, I didnít receive a denial but itís clear that Kansas City is not going to keep three starting safeties on the roster.

When I pushed the question even further and mentioned if they did trade one of their starting safeties could those picks satisfy the Dolphins. I received the same sort of response. That means I was probably pretty close to on the mark. Both questions were greeted with smiles and silence. "

Apparently in the mind of some writers complete silence is the equivalent to an affirmation of a wild-ass rumor.

jcroft
04-20-2005, 02:19 PM
Haha. That is great.

siberian khatru
04-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Please, make it stop.

Iowanian
04-20-2005, 02:20 PM
That must means that the Chiefs are looking at him like he's as stupid as the Planet finds him to be.

I imagine the same confused look one would get playing Boggle with tKat.

milkman
04-20-2005, 02:21 PM
Scoops Athanine is out in front with the breaking news! :banghead:

morphius
04-20-2005, 02:22 PM
Or the smile was just a way of saying, "YOU ARE ON CRACK!!!".

milkman
04-20-2005, 02:23 PM
That must means that the Chiefs are looking at him like he's as stupid as the Planet finds him to be.

I imagine the same confused look one would get playing Boggle with tKat.

ROFL Stop it, you're making my head hurt!

Bob Dole
04-20-2005, 02:26 PM
In other news, media mogul Nick Athan is rumored to be exploring the purchase of ESPN.

Saulbadguy
04-20-2005, 02:26 PM
I really feel sorry for the poor saps paying $7.95 a month for that garbage.

KCTitus
04-20-2005, 02:27 PM
You know, if you talk to the non-english speaking janitor staff, all you're going to get is smiles and silence because they dont know what the fug your saying.

Stinger
04-20-2005, 02:28 PM
Seriously we need to drop the Raider ( Raiders ) filter image and attach it to Athans name.

Bob Dole
04-20-2005, 02:29 PM
In other tidbits from the press conference, it appears to me the Chiefs could be trying to swing a trade that would result in acquiring a pair of draft picks by vaulting either Jerome Woods or Greg Wesley from the current roster on draft day. When I talked to a Chiefs official after the game...

Apparently, he's confused by basic things like the difference between a "press conference" and a "game."

The Bad Guy
04-20-2005, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I'm sure teams are beating down the door to acquire a slow, 32-year old safety with one bad leg who has a monster contract.

I wish a bear would eat off this guy's hands so he couldn't post this bullshit on the internet anymore.

The sick, sad thing is that people PAY this ****stick for lies.

Chiefnj
04-20-2005, 02:31 PM
I wonder if he asked those questions before letting Peterson know that he had inside information that the Chiefs had signed Kevin Johnson but were just keeping it a secret until after the draft.

Iowanian
04-20-2005, 02:32 PM
You know, if you talk to the non-english speaking janitor staff, all you're going to get is smiles and silence because they dont know what the fug your saying.

thats hysterically excellent timing.

A non-Enlish speaking janitorial staff just came into my office to collect refuse........and nodded his head and smiled pointing at a picture on my screen "you son you son" "no". smile........walk away.

Holy Crap........maybe I'M!!! the WPI of our office?!

buddha
04-20-2005, 02:33 PM
I'd be smiling at him too! Hey, this dorky kid is completely on the wrong track...great!

Iowanian
04-20-2005, 02:36 PM
I really wish we could get Nick Athan to post on the planet, as a regular.

that would be fun.

They're smiling for 1 of 2 reasons. Its Carl's way of being Polite to the mentally challenged (I do the same thing to a deaf mute that wonders in once in a while).....or He's Thrilled that some other team might catch wind of this turd, and waste 2 minutes of their time processing it, 3 days before the draft.

I'm thinking Athan is really Arnie Grape.

Anyong Bluth
04-20-2005, 02:37 PM
I feel sorry for the poor soul that has to have him as a juror in their trial. The 5th must have a new "standard" these days

Bootlegged
04-20-2005, 02:38 PM
Mountain of misinforNATHAN.

Mr. Kotter
04-20-2005, 02:39 PM
... Both questions were greeted with smiles and silence. ".......

Hell, when I give that response to people....I'm thinkin', "what a MFing dumbass...."

In which case, this time Chief's officials would be right.... :rolleyes:

Bob Dole
04-20-2005, 02:40 PM
I just know that in the Temple of Doom (Chiefs War Room), they will just be drooling at the prospect of drafting Indiana Jones!

Unless Matt Jones is available. He's the best player evah!

Bob Dole
04-20-2005, 02:41 PM
I really wish we could get Nick Athan to post on the planet, as a regular.

that would be fun.

He already does.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=5325

Hoover
04-20-2005, 02:45 PM
By the end of the draft I think the Chiefs will trade a 4th round pick and Greg Wesley to Miami for Surtain. I'm fine with that, it would be a steal if you ask me. Maybe Miami extends Surtain for a few years first, that way each team eats about the same in cap space by trading signed players.

tk13
04-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Hey guys, check out my new paysite, TK Illustrated!

Just in time too, I have breaking news! Courtesy of TKI (http://www.metrokc.gov/dnr/kidsweb/images/spice/trashcan.gif).

"The Chiefs have 10 draft picks for this coming Saturday's draft. With those 10 picks, they plan to draft 10 different football players... unless they trade some of those picks, then they could draft more or less football players based on how many picks they have.

In other breaking news that you can only find here at TK Illustrated, my sources are telling me that Priest Holmes is the currrent frontrunner for the starting tailback job."

Like what you see? For only $9.99 a month you can have this delivered to your inbox everyday! Only with TKI (http://www.metrokc.gov/dnr/kidsweb/images/spice/trashcan.gif).

the Talking Can
04-20-2005, 02:56 PM
By the end of the draft I think the Chiefs will trade a 4th round pick and Greg Wesley to Miami for Surtain. I'm fine with that, it would be a steal if you ask me. Maybe Miami extends Surtain for a few years first, that way each team eats about the same in cap space by trading signed players.

that would be awesome, actually

Chan93lx50
04-20-2005, 02:57 PM
He already does.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=5325

And his 10 other aliases

Thig Lyfe
04-20-2005, 03:03 PM
Athan is about as credible as Ashlee Simpson is talented.

jcroft
04-20-2005, 03:13 PM
Athan is about as credible as Ashlee Simpson is talented.

Ashlee Simpson is very orally talented. Don't knock it until you've tried it, buddy.

Rain Man
04-20-2005, 03:16 PM
Hey guys, check out my new paysite, TK Illustrated!

Just in time too, I have breaking news! Courtesy of TKI (http://www.metrokc.gov/dnr/kidsweb/images/spice/trashcan.gif).

"The Chiefs have 10 draft picks for this coming Saturday's draft. With those 10 picks, they plan to draft 10 different football players... unless they trade some of those picks, then they could draft more or less football players based on how many picks they have.

In other breaking news that you can only find here at TK Illustrated, my sources are telling me that Priest Holmes is the currrent frontrunner for the starting tailback job."

Like what you see? For only $9.99 a month you can have this delivered to your inbox everyday! Only with TKI (http://www.metrokc.gov/dnr/kidsweb/images/spice/trashcan.gif).

I can't figure out how to sign up. I'm particularly interested in the battle for the starting tight end job this year.

Calcountry
04-20-2005, 03:19 PM
from WPI:

"In other tidbits from the press conference, it appears to me the Chiefs could be trying to swing a trade that would result in acquiring a pair of draft picks by vaulting either Jerome Woods or Greg Wesley from the current roster on draft day. When I talked to a Chiefs official after the game and I posed that question, I didnít receive a denial but itís clear that Kansas City is not going to keep three starting safeties on the roster.

When I pushed the question even further and mentioned if they did trade one of their starting safeties could those picks satisfy the Dolphins. I received the same sort of response. That means I was probably pretty close to on the mark. Both questions were greeted with smiles and silence. "

Apparently in the mind of some writers complete silence is the equivalent to an affirmation of a wild-ass rumor.Conundrum: How do you remain pleasant in the presence of a dumb ass question without coming off as a smart ass?

Answer: Smile. I have had lots of practice with this serving the public.

:D

Thig Lyfe
04-20-2005, 03:20 PM
I can't figure out how to sign up. I'm particularly interested in the battle for the starting tight end job this year.

Well when I asked a Chiefs official about that he appeared not to hear me, coughed and then excused himself to get a drink of water. So I'm pretty sure that means Kris Wilson.

jcroft
04-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Well when I asked a Chiefs official about that he appeared not to hear me, coughed and then excused himself to get a drink of water. So I'm pretty sure that means Kris Wilson.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that means we are going to trade two first rounders and Tony G. for J. Shockey.