PDA

View Full Version : Miami U players=Ignorant Ghetto Thugs

vailpass
04-20-2005, 03:53 PM
It seems like even though they may be talented it's not worth it to draft a Miami player. IMO they are ignorant (read how Portis talks) pieces of street trash that get arrested, embarass the team, and hold out more as a group than any other school's players. I'm glad Denver cut Portis' ghetto ass.

'Time away'
'Skins' Portis says Taylor needs break from football
Posted: Wednesday April 20, 2005 4:20PM; Updated: Wednesday April 20, 2005 4:20PM
ASHBURN, Va. (AP) -- Running back Clinton Portis says his good friend Sean Taylor is boycotting the Washington Redskins offseason program because of a need for "time away from football" after a difficult rookie season.

Portis said he saw Taylor at a charity picnic in Florida over the weekend.

"Going through all the bad pub that he took, you just need time away from football," Portis said Wednesday. "I think Sean's in shape; he looks good. He's training."

Safety Taylor and receiver Santana Moss are the only two unexcused absentees from the offseason workouts, a snub that has upset coach Joe Gibbs. Both players have told the Redskins they want new contracts.

Gibbs has heard from Moss, who was acquired in a trade with the New York Jets, but Taylor hasn't returned any of the coach's phone calls. Both players have the same agent, Drew Rosenhaus, and Portis, Taylor and Moss all attended the University of Miami.

Gibbs said Taylor and Moss will be in violations of their contracts if they don't report for the start of the more structured offseason workouts in early May, even though the players' union considers those practices voluntary.

"Sometimes you work through these issues and tough things come up," Gibbs said. "And we're trying to do that right now."

Taylor wants to overhaul the seven-year, $18 million deal he signed a year ago. Although he played well in his rookie season, he was an off-the-field headache for the team. He fired two agents, was fined for skipping a day of the NFL's rookie symposium and was benched for a game after being arrested on a drunken driving charge for which he was later cleared.

"I think Sean's going to come back high-intensity," Portis said. "Just let him go out and have fun, as long as he's not getting in trouble."

Portis downplayed the significance of the workouts and said he was attending only because he wants to assume a leadership role among his teammates.

"Nothing happens today ain't going to affect July, August, September," Portis said. "Santana calls me every day: 'Man, what y'all do today?' I'm like: 'Man, we ain't did nothing. We're doing the same thing you're doing in Miami, running and working out. You ain't missed nothing.' "

The day after the season ended in January, Portis famously said his offseason plans were to live it up, and he asked reporters for mercy in advance in case he made the news for the wrong reasons.

Asked on Wednesday if he had behaved himself, Portis said: "No, I didn't. I just didn't get caught."

"I had a couple of parties with Hugh Hefner that were invite-only, so there were no cameras involved," Portis said. "I did the SI swimsuit (issue)."

He appeared to be joking, but one never knows with Portis.

"Hopefully when this gets calmed down and we get these two other Miami guys up here and some of this heat is taken off me, I can slide in there with (owner Dan) Snyder and coach Gibbs and ask them if I can miss a week or two," Portis said. "I'll pick up where they left off."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/04/20/bc.fbn.redskins.portis.taylor.ap/index.html

Saulbadguy
04-20-2005, 03:55 PM
http://www.tigerboard.com/userimages/2.JPG

tk13
04-20-2005, 03:56 PM
*Grabs popcorn*... :)

siberian khatru
04-20-2005, 04:00 PM
*Grabs popcorn*... :)

*Waits for OmahaChief to arrive*

Saulbadguy
04-20-2005, 04:07 PM
I'm glad Denver cut Portis' ghetto ass.

I just hope you guys end up drafting Frank Gore. ROFL

vailpass
04-20-2005, 04:13 PM
I just hope you guys end up drafting Frank Gore. ROFL

I admit my ignorance: who is Frank Gore?

Rain Man
04-20-2005, 04:13 PM

Okay, that's actually kind of funny.

It's funnier, though, because Taylor is destroying his career by being a moron. That guy has to be the most stupid football player in the league right now, and that's a competitive title to win.

easymobee
04-20-2005, 04:19 PM
Which player is that holding up the sign?

Sean Taylor?

Saulbadguy
04-20-2005, 04:20 PM
A Miami running back who is dumber than a box of rocks. Of course that is pretty much describing every Miami RB..hell, every Miami player. Frank Gore took the gold on the Wonderlic score this year with a score of 6. Just listening him talk is like listening to a 6 year old.

Saulbadguy
04-20-2005, 04:20 PM
Which player is that holding up the sign?
Najeh Davenport. The same Miami player who defecated in a womens closet.

easymobee
04-20-2005, 04:21 PM
A Miami running back who is dumber than a box of rocks. Of course that is pretty much describing every Miami RB..hell, ever Miami player. Frank Gore took the gold on the Wonderlic score this year with a score of 6. Just listening him talk is like listening to a 6 year old.

Even their QB (Berlin) got a wonderlic score around 10.

Thats something you would expect from a NT who is just learning English.

ChiefsCountry
04-20-2005, 04:23 PM
I agree about Miami, bunch of thugs.

easymobee
04-20-2005, 04:24 PM
I think Washington is maybe putting to many players from the U on the same team.

Clinton Portis : Read the original article.

Sean Taylor: Wants a new deal already / Not reporting to "voluntary" workouts / Not even returning Joe Gibbs calls

Santana Moss: Wants a new deal / Not reporting to "voluntary" workouts

Rain Man
04-20-2005, 04:28 PM
Najeh Davenport. The same Miami player who defecated in a womens closet.

Oh. I thought it was Taylor.

RaiderH8r
04-20-2005, 04:48 PM
After 4 years of college I can read and write. You'll always be an illiterate moron. Hope your knees hold up. Sorry for you.

Logical
04-20-2005, 04:50 PM
We have dogmeat on our defense, yet we have people talking trash about UofM players who consistently produce for defenses around the NFL. Makes hella sense if you ask me.:shake:

OmahaChief
04-20-2005, 04:53 PM
I could care less if any of you like the players from Miami but as Siberian said I will be here to defend my guys.

First off almost zero of the stars that have come out of UM attend voluntary workouts. They go back to UM and work out there and it is said to be a much more difficult regime as evidence by the remarks or Terry BRadway a few years back.

Sean Taylor - I will agree this guy has made some stupid stupid decisions with his career to date. All the agents dwi and the other crap like that but missing voluntary camp is not a career buster. I will remind everyone that we have had our holdouts and I wonder if they are thugs as well. Taylor has as much talent as any saftey in the league and he will show that over the years. I guess line him up next to Warfield for his lynching. At least Taylor can play.

Frank Gore - Kid was allowed to take the SAT untimed due to a reading disability. He had tutors all throughout college and that is how he was able to make it. He admittedly is not a Rhoades Scholar. Kid has worked his ass off to come back from two kneee injuries and also takes care of his mom who is on dialiysis. Far from a thug, I suppose if gold teeth make you a thug then he is but an earring in your ear used to mean you were queer as well and that no longer applies. It's a different culture.

Najeh - Crapping in some girls dorm room is still one of the funniest things I have ever heard an athlete do. Stupid move but he was not selling drugs, raping women or knocking off C-Stores yet he is treated that way.

Moss -- He wants an effin contract because he is in the last year of his current deal and wants to stay a Redskin. I guess that is totally out of the question but when Priest did it, well it was just fine.

That should make everyone happy that was waiting my arrival to take up for my guys. I am a homer but I am also one to bash them if they need it. Taylor took a lot of heat and it was well deserved. Najeh took some heat and it was desereved as well. A guy like Gore or Moss what the hell have they done?

As for the Miami is thugs thing...I will remind everyone that the Air Force academy football team has had more players arrested since 2000 then UM. So have many other teams but you only choose to see and hear what you want. It is true a lot of the youthful Canes came form the inner city of Miami, not a good place to be from going up. Many have seen friends killed and the like, are they all thugs? No, I would agree they have a bit of that street in them due to their surroundings.

You may now continue your bashing of the Canes.

Taco John
04-20-2005, 04:54 PM
We have dogmeat on our defense, yet we have people talking trash about UofM players who consistently produce for defenses around the NFL. Makes hella sence if you ask me.:shake:

Chiefs fans would rather have a bunch of "profile" guys who might not be able to play football, but give local columnists a lot of fodder for touching stories about community service...

rich karlis
04-20-2005, 04:55 PM
Didnt DJ Williams go the "U". He seems to be solid on and off the field...

ENDelt260
04-20-2005, 04:56 PM
After 4 years of college I can read and write. You'll always be an illiterate moron. Hope your knees hold up. Sorry for you.
You couldn't before college? Where did you go? I think their admissions standards are in need of review.

Taco John
04-20-2005, 04:57 PM
Didnt DJ Williams go the "U". He seems to be solid on and off the field...

Your avatar rules! ;)

Skip Towne
04-20-2005, 04:59 PM
Oh. I thought it was Taylor.
So all Miami players look alike to you?

vailpass
04-20-2005, 05:06 PM
I could care less if any of you like the players from Miami but as Siberian said I will be here to defend my guys.

Much respect to you for defending your team; they sure don't make it easy on you.
One man's poison is another man's meat.
I cannot stand how a lot (not all) Miami players represent themselves; it goes against what I feel the NFL should stand for.
They are ignorant, illiterate, classless punks who are just as likely to have a rap sheet as listen to a rap song.
I have three young sons which is probably why I have become sensitive to the street brotha' behavior of these clasless clowns: I don't want my kids to see them.
Clinton "ghetto boy" Portis getting booted off of the Broncos was the happiest day of the season for me (football-wise).

ck_IN
04-20-2005, 05:08 PM
<i>"Nothing happens today ain't going to affect July, August, September," Portis said. "Santana calls me every day: 'Man, what y'all do today?' I'm like: 'Man, we ain't did nothing. We're doing the same thing you're doing in Miami, running and working out. You ain't missed nothing.' "</i>

Let me guess, Portis was an English major.

RaiderH8r
04-20-2005, 05:09 PM
You couldn't before college? Where did you go? I think their admissions standards are in need of review.
Public school in Florida...Miami specifically :thumb:

Rain Man
04-20-2005, 05:31 PM
So all Miami players look alike to you?

Just Vinnie Testaverde and Bernie Kosar.

KCChiefsFan88
04-20-2005, 06:23 PM
Speaking of criminals with a mile long rap sheet.... And please KU fans don't start defending your program or Fatgino with the "He was kicked off the team" garbage... he was finally kicked off the team AFTER FOUR ARRESTS.

The latest from the "Pride" of Lawrence, KS:

Randle was arrested for urinating on Granada
Tuesday, April 19, 2005

J-W Staff Reports Former Kansas University football player John Randle's arrest during the weekend came after he allegedly urinated on the doors of a downtown nightclub and punched the club's manager in the face, according to a police report.

Randle, 20, is free on bond and has been ordered to appear in municipal court May 25.

According to a report, Randle was seen urinating on the doors of the Granada, 1020 Mass., shortly after 2 a.m. Saturday when a manager approached him, told him to stop and put a hand on his shoulder.

Lawrence Police said Randle punched the manager in the face and knocked him to the ground. Randle and an acquaintance then kicked the manager as he lay on the ground, according to the report.

Police believe Randle was under the influence of alcohol. He and his acquaintance, identified as Ezekiel Adair, 18, Lawrence, both were arrested.

Randle was kicked off the team March 14 after being charged with hitting a man outside It's Brothers Bar & Grill. That incident marked his fourth arrest in 18 months.

vailpass
04-20-2005, 06:47 PM
Speaking of criminals with a mile long rap sheet.... And please KU fans don't start defending your program or Fatgino with the "He was kicked off the team" garbage... he was finally kicked off the team AFTER FOUR ARRESTS.

It beats the hell out of fleeing a night-club in your armored limo after one of your boyz-from-the-hood just murdered someone with a sticker to the chest ala Ray-Ray.
Miami=Thug Life wif no limits and gold teef. Yaaaaahhhh BOOOOYYYY!!!

whoman69
04-20-2005, 07:16 PM
?