PDA

View Full Version : Experts: Sex-education goals of federal programs are failing

DenverChief
04-20-2005, 06:28 PM
NEW YORK - Growing up in North Carolina, Charles Smith was the all-American guy. Being built, good-looking, and a good athlete, he caught the eye of many women in town.

Now, nearly 10 years after being diagnosed with full-blown AIDS, you can still hear shades of disbelief in his voice as he admits, “I never used condoms. I used to look at myself and say, ‘I am built, I am stocky, and I am indispensable.'”

The diagnosis shocked both Smith (not his real surname) and his wife, since he never thought he could be at risk.

“All I knew about HIV was it’s a gay man's disease and I definitely ain’t gay.”

Since Smith’s diagnosis, he has gone on to become a leading speaker on HIV/AIDS and drug awareness with AIDS in Minorities, a nonprofit group based in Alabama.*

Although he once thought he was not at risk, Smith says the demographics of HIV/AIDS have grown to become an inclusive disease, crossing socioeconomic backgrounds, age, race and sexual orientation.

STDs on the rise

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports there are more than 65 million people living with incurable STDs in the United States, and at least one in four Americans will contract an STD at some point in their lives.

Most alarmingly, there are nearly 1 million Americans currently infected with HIV/AIDS, and nearly 20 percent of them are unaware of their diagnosis. Now, African-American women are the fastest growing group of people infected with the virus in the United States.

Recent reports show that nearly one-fourth of all STD infections occur among teenagers, with female teens having the highest rates of chlamydia and gonorrhea. And, while the* diagnoses rates for gonorrhea and syphilis have remained steady, chlamydia infections have nearly tripled since 1990.

Treatment of STDs annually costs the United States $17 billion, and experts predict STD rates will continue to rise as long as Americans underestimate their risk levels.

Is abstinence education the answer?

In his 2006 budget, President Bush proposed a $39 million increase in federal funding for “abstinence-only-until-marriage education,” bringing its total funding to nearly $193 million annually.

Often run by faith-based organizations, abstinence-only-until-marriage education is frequently criticized for excluding information about condom usage, abortion, masturbation and sexual orientation.

“What is born out by scientific evidence is that comprehensive sexual health programs are more effective than abstinence programs. Safer sex programs delay the onset of sex behavior, reduce pregnancy rates and increase likelihood of condom use,” says Dr. Michael Carey, who runs The Center for Health and Behavior at Syracuse University.*

“Safer sex programs not only include the message that abstinence is the more effective strategy, but also talks about self-management strategies and personal skills. In contrast, a sexual abstinence program does not cover these issues,” he said.

STDs IN THE U.S.
— 65 million people in the U.S. have incurable STDs
— At least 1 in 4 Americans will contract an STD in their lifetime
— Teenagers make up one-fourth of all new STD infections
— Herpes is the most common STD in the U.S., affecting 45 million people
— Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B are the only vaccine treatable STDs

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7268133/

NaptownChief
04-20-2005, 06:32 PM
There is no amount of money or programs that can rid the world of ignorance. And ignorace reaches record levels when the pecker is hard. Try as they may, it isn't going to happen.

DenverChief
04-20-2005, 06:35 PM
There is no amount of money or programs that can rid the world of ignorance. And ignorace reaches record levels when the pecker is hard. Try as they may, it isn't going to happen.

your right money can't but proper educational programs can :thumb:

eazyb81
04-20-2005, 06:38 PM
"I am built, I am stocky, and I am indispensable."

I bet money Carl looks in the mirror and says that to himself every night before bed.

Tribal Warfare
04-20-2005, 06:38 PM
Let's go midevil with those teenagers. reinstitute chasity belts. :fire:

DenverChief
04-20-2005, 06:40 PM
"I am built, I am stocky, and I am indispensable."

I bet money Carl looks in the mirror and says that to himself every night before bed. ROFL

NaptownChief
04-20-2005, 06:42 PM
your right money can't but proper educational programs can :thumb:

Those proper education programs are called parents.....

DenverChief
04-20-2005, 06:45 PM

apparently they are not doing their jobs otherwise these statictics wouldn't be so alarming

— 65 million people in the U.S. have incurable STDs
— At least 1 in 4 Americans will contract an STD in their lifetime
— Teenagers make up one-fourth of all new STD infections
— Herpes is the most common STD in the U.S., affecting 45 million people

Recent reports show that nearly one-fourth of all STD infections occur among teenagers, with female teens having the highest rates of chlamydia and gonorrhea.

Treatment of STDs annually costs the United States $17 billion

whoman69
04-20-2005, 06:48 PM
Then they're doing a shitty job.

DenverChief
04-20-2005, 06:49 PM
Then they're doing a shitty job. :clap:

el borracho
04-20-2005, 06:51 PM
"Abstinence-only-until-marriage"? America really needs to grow up.

Abstinence-only-until-marriage does not exist in America anymore. Accept it and deal with it. I'm actually pissed to see that the feds spend just under $200 million annually on such an unrealistic program.

jcroft
04-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Abstinence only education is one of the most idiotic ideas just "just say no."

Oh wait, it's the same idea -- and is about as effective.

Mr. Kotter
04-20-2005, 06:56 PM
Five words:

Parents, do your stinkin' jobs. :shake:

Donger
04-20-2005, 06:59 PM
I've got no problem with teaching young adults about condoms, but if you have to teach them about masturbation?

Methinks that perhaps those kids might not be ready to wrap their minds around condoms.

DenverChief
04-20-2005, 07:00 PM
Five words:

I think that is akin to saying we don't need no stinkin police the parents should be doing their jobs

DenverChief
04-20-2005, 07:01 PM
I've got no problem with teaching young adults about condoms, but if you have to teach them about masturbation?

Methinks that perhaps those kids might not be ready to wrap their minds around condoms. ROFL

eazyb81
04-20-2005, 07:01 PM
Five words:

How does this have anything to do with parents? Parents can tell their kids every day to wear a condom when they have sex, but they're not going to be in the room to remind them when they do the deed. I can't tell you how many times my parents told me about having safe sex, but I still had unprotected sex a few times in college......if I had contracted an STD, I don't think it would have been my mom or dad's fault.

Mr. Kotter
04-20-2005, 07:04 PM
How does this have anything to do with parents? Parents can tell their kids every day to wear a condom when they have sex, but they're not going to be in the room to remind them when they do the deed. I can't tell you how many times my parents told me about having safe sex, but I still had unprotected sex a few times in college......if I had contracted an STD, I don't think it would have been my mom or dad's fault.

Ironic, but you made my point anyway; if parents can't influence their own children, WHY the hell would ANYONE expect a government program to do what parents can't? :hmmm:

Idiots.

:)

Mr. Kotter
04-20-2005, 07:05 PM
I think that is akin to saying we don't need no stinkin police the parents should be doing their jobs

So you wanna compare criminal activity, to sex....my, oh my.

Good luck with that one.

DenverChief
04-20-2005, 07:07 PM
Ironic, but you made my point anyway; if parents can't influence their own children, WHY the hell would ANYONE expect a government program to do what parents can't? :hmmm:

Idiots.

Just because he didn't doesn't mean others won't

DenverChief
04-20-2005, 07:08 PM
So you wanna compare criminal activity, to sex....my, oh my.

Good luck with that one.

no I'm comparing parents teaching right and wrong vs a governmental agency doing it....

jcroft
04-20-2005, 07:08 PM

Kids (as opposed to young adults) will discover masturbation on their own. Most kids start touching themselves before age five. I don't think young adults need to be told ABOUT masturbation (such as how to do it, tips and tricks, etc.). But, it wouldn't hurt to tell them that it's normal, that everyone tries it, and that it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Mr. Kotter
04-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Just because he didn't doesn't mean others won't

So we should assail a government program that is, really....no more, and no less, successful than any similar government program has ever been?

Mr. Kotter
04-20-2005, 07:10 PM
no I'm comparing parents teaching right and wrong vs a governmental agency doing it....

So police "teach" children right and wrong? Isn't it a little late, by then? :hmmm:

DenverChief
04-20-2005, 07:13 PM
So police "teach" children right and wrong? Isn't it a little late, by then? :hmmm:

:spock: really? crime prevention programs like cops handing out Chiefs cards, visiting schools etc etc aren't part of a teaching program?

badgirl
04-20-2005, 07:15 PM
I was raised to be drug to church every time the door was open, i had a religious fanatic mother who told me sex was a sin, sex was dirty , blah blah, blah, but i still did it before I got married, the parents need to do the job, but not like my mother did it, the schools telling kids not to have sex and to use protection if they do, isn't going to do any good, when they want to have sex, they will and nothing or nobody will stop them unless you can keep a eye on your kid 24/7.

My daughter started car dating at 16, I went and got her the shot, which she only had to have every 3 mos. I wasn't condoning her having sex, but I didn't want her to make a mistake and mess up her life, I couldn't be there to make sure she wasn't having it, so I did the only thing I knew to do to protect her, and I talked to her about the safety of using condoms and the diseases, I think if you can have a open relationship with your kids and not try to scare the hell out of them by beating them or telling them they will go to hell, they will talk to you about whats going on in their lives, I am sure my kids done things I had and still don't have any idea of, but I think I did the right thing at the time.

DenverChief
04-20-2005, 07:15 PM
So we should assail a government program that is, really....no more, and no less, successful than any similar government program has ever been?

wait a minute we were at least teaching how to use a condom in school before this "abstinenece only" program and now we see a rise in STD's and you don't see a connection?

jcroft
04-20-2005, 07:17 PM
I was raised to be drug to church every time the door was open, i had a religious fanatic mother who told me sex was a sin, sex was dirty , blah blah, blah, but i still did it before I got married, the parents need to do the job, but not like my mother did it, the schools telling kids not to have sex and to use protection if they do, isn't going to do any good, when they want to have sex, they will and nothing or nobody will stop them unless you can keep a eye on your kid 24/7.

My daughter started car dating at 16, I went and got her the shot, which she only had to have every 3 mos. I wasn't condoning her having sex, but I didn't want her to make a mistake and mess up her life, I couldn't be there to make sure she wasn't having it, so I did the only thing I knew to do to protect her, and I talked to her about the safety of using condoms and the diseases, I think if you can have a open relationship with your kids and not try to scare the hell out of them by beating them or telling them they will go to hell, they will talk to you about whats going on in their lives, I am sure my kids done things I had and still don't have any idea of, but I think I did the right thing at the time.

Amen, sister. Good job!

Mr. Kotter
04-20-2005, 07:20 PM
wait a minute we were at least teaching how to use a condom in school before this "abstinenece only" program and now we see a rise in STD's and you don't see a connection?

STD's are always on a roller-coaster; up in the 70s, down in early 80s, up late 80s and early 90s....the current rate is comparable to several other historical periods. IF it were to reach an all-time high, according to research using consistent methodology....it will be a concern. Right now, it's just another blip on the screen....time will tell.

1punkyQB
04-20-2005, 07:24 PM
I was raised to be drug to church every time the door was open, i had a religious fanatic mother who told me sex was a sin, sex was dirty...
Didn't this work with kids for thousands of years? I'm not saying you're wrong, but what's changed here? Obviously the free love approach isn't working too well. Just ask Ron Mexico.

DenverChief
04-20-2005, 07:27 PM
STD's are always on a roller-coaster; up in the 70s, down in early 80s, up late 80s and early 90s....the current rate is comparable to several other historical periods. IF it were to reach an all-time high, according to research using consistent methodology....it will be a concern. Right now, it's just another blip on the screen....time will tell.

I prefer proactive to reactive it saves more money...you should be concerned as a fiscal conservative....an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

badgirl
04-20-2005, 07:29 PM
Didn't this work with kids for thousands of years? I'm not saying you're wrong, but what's changed here? Obviously the free love approach isn't working too well. Just ask Ron Mexico.
I don't know what changed, maybe girls are hornier now than they was a thousand years ago, men in robes has never done a thing for me, but men in a nice pair levi's can do a lot. :p

jcroft
04-20-2005, 07:30 PM

I'm not sure it ever worked as well as you're making it sound like. Haven't people been having kids at age 16 and younger for hundreds of years?

As to what's changed -- young people these days are taught to think critically and for themselves. Parents, schools, churchs, and goverments have influence, but today's young people are more likley to think for themselves and ultimatley decide what is right on their own than they used to be.

I call that a progression, not a regression.

stevieray
04-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Obviously the free love approach isn't working too well. J

winner.

badgirl
04-20-2005, 07:32 PM
I'm not sure it ever worked as well as you're making it sound like. Haven't people been having kids at age 16 and younger for hundreds of years?

As to what's changed -- young people these days are taught to think critically and for themselves. Parents, schools, churchs, and goverments have influence, but most young people are more likley to think for themselves and decide what is right on their own these days than they used to be.

I agree, also 100 years ago girls were getting married at 15, they weren't taught to not have sex, but how to find a husband the fastest way possible.

whoman69
04-20-2005, 07:34 PM

Idiots.

Because most parents want to bury their heads in the sand until their angel get knocked or their darling Johnny comes home with the clap.
The problem with abstinance only has been that most kids have found a pair of loopholes that still leads to STDs. Anal and oral.

jcroft
04-20-2005, 07:34 PM
Young people of the ChiefsPlanet: please raise you hand if you've ever been taught in a school to have "free love."

stevieray
04-20-2005, 07:36 PM

As to what's changed -- young people these days are taught to think critically and for themselves. Parents, schools, churchs, and goverments have influence, but today's young people are more likley to think for themselves and ultimatley decide what is right on their own than they used to be.

Now you know why millions of illegal aliens have jobs.

jcroft
04-20-2005, 07:38 PM
The problem with abstinance only has been that most kids have found a pair of loopholes that still leads to STDs. Anal and oral.

They lead to orgasams, too. :D

Seriously, this is so true. I'm not sure I should be telling this here, but I had a fling with a younger girl (19 y/o) for a while who was a "virgin." By that, she meant "I only take it in the ass." She'd been doing anal only since age 15 in order to keep her V. Of course, I thought that was absurd (sorry, any anal queen is no virgin in my mind), but who was I to complain? :)

Point is -- he's right. The amount of oral and anal going on would stun most of you over 30. There does need to be education on these types of sex, because I really think a lot of people don't understand they can still get STDs from them.

badgirl
04-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Young people of the ChiefsPlanet: please raise you hand if you've ever been taught in a school to have "free love."
I think the words "free love" was being taught in the 70's by the mid 80's AIDS had come to light, love has nothing to do with the kids having sex these day anyway, they just do it, a lot of kids gets knocked up on purpose cause their home life sucks and they think if they have a baby it will be someone they can love and get love from.

Kids getting knocked up these days is the parents fault, or failure should I say.

1punkyQB
04-20-2005, 07:42 PM
That's the term I use for rolling condoms onto cucumbers, the rubber distribution programs, "human development" courses etc. If it's a faulty one, you have my apologies. As an aside, my parents practiced "safe sex" and apparently it did little good. Those things ain't force fields, kids.

jcroft
04-20-2005, 07:46 PM
That's the term I use for rolling condoms onto cucumbers, the rubber distribution programs, "human development" courses etc. If it's a faulty one, you have my apologies. As an aside, my parents practiced "safe sex" and apparently it did little good. Those things ain't force fields, kids.

Trust me, I know that. My ex-wife got preganat while on the pill AND I was using a condom. Still, would you rather kids just go on ****ing without them, just because they fail sometimes?

"Free love" is a pretty over-the-top term for telling people how to put on a condom. No teacher is encouraging kids to have sex. They are only recognizing that most of them WILL have sex, they can't stop it, and if they can't stop it, they may as well encourage them to do it safely.

This is the EXACT same thing as the "Just say no" campaign, which is well-documented as one of the biggest waste-of-money programs in history. Anyone who thinks it's a simple as "just say no" is either way, way out of touch, or has their head burried firmly in the sand.

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2005, 07:46 PM
They spent 193 million for abstinence-only-until-marriage education.

Good god, keep spending George.

DenverChief
04-20-2005, 07:49 PM

:spock:

jcroft
04-20-2005, 07:50 PM
I think the words "free love" was being taught in the 70's

I could be wrong (I was born in '76, so I don't remember), but I doubt kids were ever encouraged to have "free love" by schools. There may have been a "free love" movement by hippies and the like, but I don't think it was being taught in schools.

jcroft
04-20-2005, 07:53 PM
Kids getting knocked up these days is the parents fault, or failure should I say.

I should've said this in the last post: I agree 100% with this part of your post. :)

But, even though the parents are to blame, we should recognize that for many parents, talking openly about sex with your kids is a very difficult thing to do. Plus, many parents are, quite frankly, old and out of touch. Even if they were able to talk to their kids openly, they wouldn't have the first clue how to talk to their daughter about probably anal sex hygiene and saftey. This is why some third party of informed individuals is necessary. The school is the obvious place for this, although I'm sure there are others that could work as well.

badgirl
04-20-2005, 07:54 PM

yep, a big waste of money. :thumb:

1punkyQB
04-20-2005, 07:58 PM
Free love was my term. It's what I call the over-the-top programs the grown-up hippies recommend. If schools must discuss this, show it, warts and all.

jcroft
04-20-2005, 08:00 PM
If schools must discuss this, show it, warts and all.

They do.

stevieray
04-20-2005, 08:02 PM

hell yes, when one out of every two kids come from a broken home, and eight out of ten men in prison come from the same, something has to be done. The std numbers speak from themselves, that's what you get when you basically have told kids that we know you're going to have sex, so here's a condom. Of course they are going to have sex with that kind of agneda. just like oral sex amoing young girls is way up, something that did not exist before clinton's "I didn't have sex with that woman..." line.

badgirl
04-20-2005, 08:05 PM
hell yes, when one out of every two kids come from a broken home, and eight out of ten men in prison come from the same, something has to be done. The std numbers speak from themselves, that's what you get when you basically have told kids that we know you're going to have sex, so here's a condom. Of course they are going to have sex with that kind of agneda. just like oral sex amoing young girls is way up, something that did not exist before clinton's "I didn't have sex with that woman..." line.
I raised my kids alone for 10 years, my sons didn't knock up anyone and my daughter wasn't knocked up, it doesn't matter if they aren't living with both parents it how and what they're being taught by the one they are living with.

jcroft
04-20-2005, 08:07 PM
just like oral sex amoing young girls is way up, something that did not exist before clinton's "I didn't have sex with that woman..." line.

You've GOT to be kidding. I graduated high school in 1994 (before Clinton said that). I'd already gotten at least 100 blow jobs. You're out of touch, period.

Oral was very popular LONG before that, and to call it "way up" now shows again, just how out of touch you are. "way up" makes it sound like there is a good percentage of really slutty girls doing it. EVERY girl gives head sometimes between the ages of 15 and 20. Even your daughter.

Sorry to break it to you.

Mr. Kotter
04-20-2005, 08:20 PM
I prefer proactive to reactive it saves more money...you should be concerned as a fiscal conservative....an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
The problem is NO government approach to the problem seems to have any real affect at alll....surprise, surprise....good parenting is what it's really about--except parents are too lazy and selfish to give a damn. :shake:

Mr. Kotter
04-20-2005, 08:21 PM
.... kids have found a pair of loopholes that still leads to STDs. Anal and oral.

Loop 'holes'.....I get it. ROFL

:banghead:

Mr. Kotter
04-20-2005, 08:24 PM

Sex ed deliivered by the government, whether it is condoms or abstinence.....seems to have little affect. Period.

Surprise, surprise.

jcroft
04-20-2005, 08:32 PM
Sex ed deliivered by the government, whether it is condoms or abstinence.....seems to have little affect. Period.

Surprise, surprise.

I don't argue that one bit (although it's "effect," not "affect" :) ), and I totally think parents need to be more involved with their children when it comes to this stuff. But, there is still a need for someone other than parents to do a bit of educating, because parents are often out of touch and not educators, plus most parents simply don't (and never will) fell comfortable talking to their daughter about hand jobs. Somehow a plan needs to be derived that includes INFORMED instructors with a background in EDUCATION and a knack for communicating with YOUNG PEOPLE. Typical parents qualify as none of the above.

stevieray
04-20-2005, 08:38 PM
You've GOT to be kidding. I graduated high school in 1994 (before Clinton said that). I'd already gotten at least 100 blow jobs. You're out of touch, period.

Oral was very popular LONG before that, and to call it "way up" now shows again, just how out of touch you are. "way up" makes it sound like there is a good percentage of really slutty girls doing it. EVERY girl gives head sometimes between the ages of 15 and 20. Even your daughter.

Sorry to break it to you.

i'm out of touch? after you get done patting yourself on the back, realize this is exactly why std's are out of control...and leave my twelve and eight year old daughters out of this.

Do the research. I find it intersting how you say kids think for themselves, then blame the parents for their actions.

jcroft
04-20-2005, 08:44 PM
i'm out of touch? after you get done patting yourself on the back, realize this is exactly why std's are out of control...and leave my twelve and eight year old daughters out of this.

Do the research. I find it intersting how you say kids think for themselves, then blame the parents for their actions.

Yes, you're out of touch if you believe that oral sex wasn't popular until Clinton got sucked off in the oval office. But you were right that oral sex is VERY popular, and you're right that it's part of the reason that STDs are on the rise. But it's not the oral sex alone that is the problem -- it's the fact that young people aren't aware they can get diseases from it.

And to use your line, "don't be so dramatic," you know I wasn't meaning YOUR daughters specifically -- I was just trying to get my point across. Your daughter, if they are 12 and 8, don't even qualify in my statement (which was about 15-20 year olds. My 10 year old daughter doesn't qualify yet, either.

Finally -- I clearly said that parents have INFLUENCE over their children still, but I think today's kids are more likely to make final decisions on their own. As someone who studied education for a few years in college, I know that critical thinking is the trend in education right now and it's the way young people are being taught. I do think parents should be more involved, and some of the are to blame for their kids doing things that are unsafe. Kids make their own decision on who to ****, how, and with what kind of protection -- but they make that decision based on the information they get from parents, schools, churches, government, television, etc, etc, etc. This is what they are taught to do -- take in everything and process is with their own brain. Parents have an influence -- a big one. But parents cannot simply tell kids what to do and expect it to happen. It's not that simple anymore.

Saulbadguy
04-20-2005, 08:44 PM
I don't even know what that means, really. I'm assuming thats some sort of 60's/70's thing.

|Zach|
04-20-2005, 08:45 PM
I was under the impression that teen pregnancy at least has been pretty low compared to the past. Thats a step in the right direction at least...

Mr. Kotter
04-20-2005, 08:48 PM
I was under the impression that pregnancy at least has been pretty low compared to the past.

Like STD rates, it's a roller-coaster thing it seems...

Abortion rates are also up a bit.

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2005, 08:49 PM

Anything they tell you to abstain from your just going to want to do more. It's worse than throwing the money away it's creating the problem.

Saulbadguy

If its a roller coaster thing, why are we worried about it?

|Zach|

I remember abstinence and condom use being talked about at great length at my school. Education wise...

Saulbadguy
04-20-2005, 08:52 PM
I like the status quo, personally. When I was in HS, when someone got pregnant, it wasn't a big deal , because you expected that particular person to get pregnant. For the most part, they were not the smartest of girls. The intelligent people will be careful, and most of the time, won't get in trouble.

jcroft
04-20-2005, 09:29 PM
I like the status quo, personally. When I was in HS, when someone got pregnant, it wasn't a big deal , because you expected that particular person to get pregnant. For the most part, they were not the smartest of girls. The intelligent people will be careful, and most of the time, won't get in trouble.

I see your point there and generally agree with it, but then again, you have to wonder how the intelligent people got to be intelligent. If they were intelligent enough to know they could get diseases from oral sex, then someone must've told them that. Some education went on somehow -- now we need to figure out how to get that same education to the ones who didn't seem to be so intelligent.

el borracho
04-20-2005, 09:57 PM
So only the ignorant will reproduce? Doesn't sound like a desirable solution.

el borracho
04-20-2005, 09:59 PM
oral sex amoing young girls is way up, something that did not exist before clinton's "I didn't have sex with that woman..." line.
You can't seriously believe that.

jcroft
04-20-2005, 10:05 PM

Don't bother. I said the same thing and got my head ripped off.

Count Alex's Losses
04-20-2005, 10:07 PM
I guess I'm the exception to the rule.

Mr. Kotter
04-20-2005, 10:08 PM
If its a roller coaster thing, why are we worried about it?

I wasn't....DC is.

jcroft
04-20-2005, 10:08 PM

Yeah, you're right -- there are one or two females under the age of 20 that still haven't given head. :D

|Zach|
04-20-2005, 10:14 PM
Someone should dig up the "when was your first time thread" that was interesting.

stevieray
04-20-2005, 10:15 PM

It's more prevelant than ever before.

I hope this doesn't come across as having your head ripped off.

jcroft
04-20-2005, 10:16 PM

I'm pretty sure he was saying "you can't possibly believe that oral sex didn't exist before Clinton..."

No, it was pretty much your first sane post of the night. Didn't come off as rude, but it did come as totally missing the point -- as per usual.

el borracho
04-20-2005, 10:29 PM

Seems like everything decadent is more prevalent. Of course, that has always been the trend, hasn't it? Each generation pushes the boundaries just a bit more.

I think it is naive to think that our kids won't have sex just because we tell them not to. IMO, the better approach is to inform them and get them to make good decisions. Actually, I'm not 1000% against them having sex, I just don't want them getting hurt. If/ when I have a child I hope I can convince them to at least think things through before acting and realize the importance and potential consequences of their actions.

|Zach|
04-20-2005, 10:31 PM
Seems like everything decadent is more prevalent. Of course, that has always been the trend, hasn't it? Each generation pushes the boundaries just a bit more.

I think it is naive to think that our kids won't have sex just because we tell them not to. IMO, the better approach is to inform them and get them to make good decisions. Actually, I'm not 1000% against them having sex, I just don't want them getting hurt. If/ when I have a child I hope I can convince them to at least think things through before acting and realize the importance and potential consequences of their actions.
Great post

stevieray
04-20-2005, 10:39 PM
I'm pretty sure he was saying "you can't possibly believe that oral sex didn't exist before Clinton..."

No, it was pretty much your first sane post of the night. Didn't come off as rude, but it did come as totally missing the point -- as per usual.

funny how you mentioned someone twisting your words for you tonight.

You are the one who keeps missing the point, tell me where I said it never existed before the infamous BJ...I said it has increased in young girls. What were you saying earlier about how many perform it by a certain age?

Play semantics with someone else, Mr. "I'm embarrassed by what others think about KC..."

stevieray
04-20-2005, 10:47 PM

Nice post. I don't think that every generation has pushed decadent boudaries, just the last four. I think that mainly comes from the media in the last two.

Count Alex's Losses
04-20-2005, 10:48 PM
Great post

GREAT POST
YOU ARE A CREDIT TO YOUR SPECIES

THANKYOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION ZACHKC

jcroft
04-21-2005, 02:03 AM
just like oral sex amoing young girls is way up, <strong>something that did not exist</strong> before clinton's "I didn't have sex with that woman..." line.

The blow job was the thing of the 80s. Anal sex was the fad of the 90s. What, pray tell, do you think the fad of the 2000s is?

jcroft
04-21-2005, 02:05 AM
Nice post. I don't think that every generation has pushed decadent boudaries, just the last four. I think that mainly comes from the media in the last two.\

What it comes from is fairly irrelevant. It's interesting to talk about, but it doesn't really matter. The bottom line is that today's generation of young people are having sex, whether you like it or not. Pretending they won't if you preach abstinence is akin to pretending that fish won't swim.

Of course, I'm really drunk right now so I have no idea what I'm saying,

chappy
04-21-2005, 04:35 AM
THERE IS MORE PEOPLE DIEING OF AIDS IN AFRICA THEN THE ENTIRE UNITED STATES POPULATION AND 60 PERCENT OF WHICH ARE CHILDREN

DenverChief
04-21-2005, 07:41 AM
What, pray tell, do you think the fad of the 2000s is?

Blaming Clinton for everything