PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Rogers going to Washington?

eazyb81
04-20-2005, 06:53 PM
According to John Clayton on ESPN Radio today, the Redskins want to go corner in the 1st round and Carlos Rogers is the #1 CB on their board. That would really suck if Rogers is not there for us at 15. Of course this is John Clayton, so you have to take whatever he says with a grain of salt.

I am starting to get really scared about our chances of getting a player we want at 15.

nychief
04-20-2005, 06:54 PM
relax francis.

tk13
04-20-2005, 06:55 PM
What's wrong with John Clayton? Granted every journalist like him hits and misses I think he's better than most...

eazyb81
04-20-2005, 06:59 PM
What's wrong with John Clayton? Granted every journalist like him hits and misses I think he's better than most...

More then a few people on here disregard anything that Clayton says. Personally, I think he is just as accurate as all the other "experts".

Brock
04-20-2005, 07:00 PM
Wouldn't be surprising, would it?

eazyb81
04-20-2005, 07:02 PM
I really, REALLY don't want PacMan Jones.....I think he has bust written all over him.

TRR
04-20-2005, 07:04 PM
I really, REALLY don't want PacMan Jones.....I think he has bust written all over him.

Boy, I couldn't disagree more. Watching Jones cover Kellen Winslow a couple of seasons ago showed me all I need to know about Pac Man. He has everything but height, and his aggressiveness makes up for that IMO.

HolmeZz
04-20-2005, 07:06 PM
I think if there's not a corner we like there at #15, we definitely fork over #46 for Surtain.

el borracho
04-20-2005, 07:07 PM
If Johnson, Rolle and Rogers are all gone we either pick Thomas Davis or trade down a few spots to grab Marlin Jackson. Or else Carl drafts a WR or an OT and Chiefsplanet implodes.

Mr. Kotter
04-20-2005, 07:07 PM
Rogers to the Skins makes sense to me....damn it.

eazyb81
04-20-2005, 07:17 PM
Boy, I couldn't disagree more. Watching Jones cover Kellen Winslow a couple of seasons ago showed me all I need to know about Pac Man. He has everything but height, and his aggressiveness makes up for that IMO.

At 5'9", I don't have very much faith that he can handle the bigger WRs in this league. Also, the rumor that his best friend is his bong doesn't make me feel any better. I think a bigger CB like Rogers would fair much better in Gun's scheme.

TRR
04-20-2005, 07:19 PM
At 5'9", I don't have very much faith that he can handle the bigger WRs in this league. Also, the rumor that his best friend is his bong doesn't make me feel any better. I think a bigger CB like Rogers would fair much better in Gun's scheme.

I didn't think so too until I watched him man up on Kellen Winslow, and there isn't a more physically gifted football player in the NFL than Winslow IMO. He had Jones by several inches, and about 70 pounds.

Cochise
04-20-2005, 07:22 PM
Johnson, Role, Rogers, and Jones will all go ahead of us if we are still at 15.

eazyb81
04-20-2005, 07:23 PM

Assuming that is true, who do you we pick at 15? Thomas Davis? Trade down?

TRR
04-20-2005, 07:24 PM

Then at that point, I would do everything I could to move down and pickup a 2nd rounder to trade for Surtain. Unless an unexpected player like Mike Williams dropped to 15, I would have to move down. Right now, none of the DE's excite me. (especially not Erasmus James).

Cochise
04-20-2005, 07:29 PM
Assuming that is true, who do you we pick at 15? Thomas Davis? Trade down?

I predict that in that situation, we draft sh***y defensive tackle number 3943838 of the carl peterson era.

milkman
04-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Then at that point, I would do everything I could to move down and pickup a 2nd rounder to trade for Surtain. Unless an unexpected player like Mike Williams dropped to 15, I would have to move down. Right now, none of the DE's excite me. (especially not Erasmus James).

On this, we are in total agreement.

ct
04-20-2005, 07:40 PM
relax francis.

Lighten up Francis!

htismaqe
04-20-2005, 07:55 PM
I would not be at all surprised if Rolle, Jones, AND Rogers are all gone when we pick.

keg in kc
04-20-2005, 08:04 PM
I would not be at all surprised if Rolle, Jones, AND Rogers are all gone when we pick.The Texans getting Buchanon may help us there, but I agree the possibility is real.

NJ Chief Fan
04-20-2005, 08:26 PM

cosign NO F'N MIDGET CORNERS

I DONT CARE 5'8 OR 5'9 HES A JOKE WEST VIRGINIA PLAYS IN THE BIG EAST NO MIAMI NO VA TECH THEY PLAY RUTGERS

PACMAN IS JUST AS BIG AS PACMAN THE VIDEO GAME

Tribal Warfare
04-20-2005, 08:29 PM
hoping for a Merriman or DJ slip. I would be cool with Thomas Davis if the Front Office get there head out their ass and put him at OLB

htismaqe
04-20-2005, 08:38 PM
Not high on Merriman, but I'd be ecstatic if we could get DJ.

Mr. Laz
04-20-2005, 08:39 PM
I would not be at all surprised if Rolle, Jones, AND Rogers are all gone when we pick.
:mad:

htismaqe
04-20-2005, 08:41 PM
I also think from the comments out of the Chiefs the last few days, they consider Merriman one of those 3-4 hybrids, so they won't draft him.

DTLB58
04-20-2005, 08:56 PM

Agree :thumb:

htismaqe
04-20-2005, 09:03 PM

I wouldn't take Mike Williams either.

Bowser
04-20-2005, 09:07 PM
I wouldn't take Mike Williams either.

Who would you take if DJ and the three corners were gone?

htismaqe
04-20-2005, 09:08 PM

Thomas Davis.

If Davis isn't there, I'd trade down.

eazyb81
04-20-2005, 09:09 PM
Thomas Davis.

let's assume that Davis is gone and we can't trade down. Then who would you pick?

htismaqe
04-20-2005, 09:11 PM
let's assume that Davis is gone and we can't trade down. Then who would you pick?

David Pollack.

Reaper16
04-20-2005, 09:12 PM

Trade down. Some "experts" say we'd take Ware, but I'm not sold on him outside of a 3-4.
In this case, noone is worth taking at 15. Trade down a bit, picking up a 2nd, and draft Marlin Jackson and a linebacker. Yes, I'm aware that has been a commonly talked about scenario.

Bowser
04-20-2005, 09:12 PM
Thomas Davis.

I think I agree. I thought I heard Lynn Stiles talking Davis up like he was a safety only prospect, which in reality means we're looking at him as our WSLB.

I knew those years as a Choas Mathemitician would pay off in me breaking teh Chiefs' drafting strategy.........

Bowser
04-20-2005, 09:13 PM
Trade down. Some "experts" say we'd take Ware, but I'm not sold on him outside of a 3-4.
In this case, noone is worth taking at 15. Trade down a bit, picking up a 2nd, and draft Marlin Jackson and a linebacker. Yes, I'm aware that has been a commonly talked about scenario.

I've heard from more than one source that Dallas is looking at Ware with their first first round pick.

And no sweat, that scenario is a good one.....

eazyb81
04-20-2005, 09:14 PM
I think I agree. I thought I heard Lynn Stiles talking Davis up like he was a safety only prospect, which in reality means we're looking at him as our WSLB.

I knew those years as a Choas Mathemitician would pay off in me breaking teh Chiefs' drafting strategy.........

It did seem like they were pretty high on Davis. Safety, Linebacker, whatever....the dude is a football player. I think Gun could find a spot for him to make plays.

Reaper16
04-20-2005, 09:17 PM

I don't know if I trust the Chiefs front office to make an astute observation and a clever smokescreen, let alone in a singular maneuver.

Bowser
04-20-2005, 09:17 PM
It did seem like they were pretty high on Davis. Safety, Linebacker, whatever....the dude is a football player. I think Gun could find a spot for him to make plays.

Damn right. Him coming out of college as a safety still makes him a better linebacker than all the LBers on our roster last year, save for maybe a pre-injured Shawn Barber.

Bowser
04-20-2005, 09:18 PM
I don't know if I trust the Chiefs front office to make an astute observation and a clever smokescreen, let alone in a singular maneuver.

It's been 16 years. I figure the law of averages has to kick in sooner or later....

:D

milkman
04-20-2005, 09:21 PM
It's been 16 years. I figure the law of averages has to kick in sooner or later....

:D

I'm not sure the law of averages apply to an arrogant, incompetent asswipe.