04-21-2005, 03:30 AM
who will be the allies?

who will be the enemys?

I predict allies:

US, England, Israel, Russia, Japan, Taiwan
VS.
China, Turkey, North Korea, Iran, Syria,
All other Muslum countries.

I also think the European Union will be torn on the sides and pick for them selves.

Ultra Peanut
04-21-2005, 04:45 AM
I predict allies:

US, England, Israel, Russia, Japan, TaiwanThrow in India, just for the hell of it.

Pants
04-21-2005, 04:51 AM
Turkey would be with the allies - they are a westernized culture. Besides, why would they fight in the first place, it's not like they're a world power. China sucks at wars, always has, they are France Jr, so they wouldn't be a big issue (they have numbers and nukes, but our nukes our better). Russia might be a bitch under Putin and decide to fight against the U.S. - that would be a major problem.

U.S. + England + Germany + India = dominance. Japan has no military, I call them Canada Jr. Taiwan is too tiny to do anything, but they hate Chinese, could be good cannon fodder.

keg in kc
04-21-2005, 04:53 AM
The "prophetic" rumors for world war III are that Russia and China will unite to fight the west. I sincerely hope that doesn't happen.

Ultra Peanut
04-21-2005, 05:24 AM
Turkey would be with the allies - they are a westernized culture.Indeed.

trndobrd
04-21-2005, 05:47 AM
The Mer-Men and Lava People against all of Humanity.

tomahawk kid
04-21-2005, 06:07 AM
Morlocks v. Eloi

Cntrygal
04-21-2005, 08:39 AM
Does this mean that the Bombers may fly again soon?

alpha_omega
04-21-2005, 08:43 AM
What about Seychelles?

trndobrd
04-21-2005, 08:47 AM
Does this mean that the Bombers may fly again soon?

No. You can return the B-1s to Wichita where you got them from.

Future wars will be fought with "thought beams".

Donger
who will be the allies?

who will be the enemys?

Allies: Western powers, particularly the United States.
Enemy: Radical Islam and those nations that support it.

Mark M
Actually, there will be no war since Earth will soon be destroyed to make way for an Interstellar Bypass.

MM
~~:D

Rain Man
04-21-2005, 08:49 AM
California vs. North Dakota.

Donger
04-21-2005, 08:50 AM
China sucks at wars, always has, they are France Jr, so they wouldn't be a big issue (they have numbers and nukes, but our nukes our better)

Oh? How exactly do their nuclear weapons "suck" in comparison to ours?

Brock
04-21-2005, 08:51 AM
Us: US and Israel

Them: Everybody else

Hoover
04-21-2005, 08:57 AM
Actually, there will be no war since Earth will soon be destroyed to make way for an Interstellar Bypass.

MM
Yeah, I have a hard timing thinking that Movie can come close to the book.

J Diddy
04-21-2005, 08:59 AM

Yep.

Sounds about even to me.

Rain Man
04-21-2005, 09:12 AM
Yep.

Sounds about even to me.

Was it one of those old Smoky and the Bandit movies where Burt ended up facing down Terry Bradshaw and his gang of rednecks?

Burt (counting): One, two, three, four, five of you. (Looking behind him). Two of us. Well, that just doesn't seem fair, now does it? I think you guys ought to go get some more people.

whoman69
04-21-2005, 09:12 AM
Wonder where Pakistan would fall in this scenario. IMO, its not coming unless some great power emerges in the Mideast.

Rain Man
04-21-2005, 09:13 AM

They use cheap plastic electrons.

Saulbadguy
04-21-2005, 09:13 AM
http://www.kliccami.com/immagini/comics/big/LearnGeographyLikeanAmerican.jpg

Mark M
04-21-2005, 09:14 AM
Yeah, I have a hard timing thinking that Movie can come close to the book.

Unless it's about 7 hours long, it won't. :sulk:

I've read hundreds (maybe even thousands) of books, and it's still the most entertaining one I've ever read, hands down.

MM
~~:)

Mark M
04-21-2005, 09:15 AM

Have you ever bought anything made in China that worked worth a damn?

MM
~~;)

Mark M
04-21-2005, 09:16 AM
Was it one of those old Smoky and the Bandit movies where Burt ended up facing down Terry Bradshaw and his gang of rednecks?

Burt (counting): One, two, three, four, five of you. (Looking behind him). Two of us. Well, that just doesn't seem fair, now does it? I think you guys ought to go get some more people.

IIRC, the movie was "Hooper."

Could be wrong, though.

MM
~~:hmmm:

Rain Man
04-21-2005, 09:19 AM
IIRC, the movie was "Hooper."

Could be wrong, though.

MM
~~:hmmm:

By jove, I think you've got it.

Mark M
04-21-2005, 09:20 AM
By jove, I think you've got it.

I'm saddened that I knew that ...

MM
~~:(

Rain Man
04-21-2005, 09:21 AM
I know what you mean. I don't even know where the memory came from. That vision of Terry Bradshaw popped into my head from some corner of my brain that would have been much better off remembering the capital of Tajikistan or something.

Mark M
04-21-2005, 09:25 AM
I know what you mean. I don't even know where the memory came from. That vision of Terry Bradshaw popped into my head from some corner of my brain that would have been much better off remembering the capital of Tajikistan or something.

Dushanbe.

MM
~~:)

Rain Man
04-21-2005, 09:29 AM
You know both Hooper AND Dushanbe? How is that possible?

Fire Me Boy!
04-21-2005, 09:36 AM
Apes vs. humans

Mark M
04-21-2005, 09:38 AM
You know both Hooper AND Dushanbe? How is that possible?

I am all knowing.

So, please, put your pants back on. You're scaring my dogs.

MM

jarjar
04-21-2005, 09:46 AM
Not gonna happen, but if it were to happen tomorrow we would probably have to go it alone. I suppose Israel might be in it.

Bowser
04-21-2005, 09:58 AM
And you forgot to mention Poland. Poland is part of the coalition too, you know.........

Bearcat2005
04-21-2005, 10:24 AM

Thats what I was thinking.....hopefully the U.S. b/c if not, it will be Isreal v. the world.

Calcountry
04-21-2005, 10:33 AM
who will be the allies?

who will be the enemys?

I predict allies:

US, England, Israel, Russia, Japan, Taiwan
VS.
China, Turkey, North Korea, Iran, Syria,
All other Muslum countries.

I also think the European Union will be torn on the sides and pick for them selves.Newsflash: WWIII is widely accepted to have been the "cold war". Its over, we won it.

We are now already engaged in WWIV against radical Islamo-fascism.

tyton75
04-21-2005, 10:35 AM
If there was actually a WORLD WAR... we would have all of Nato.. plus probably Russia (they would rather be with us than against us); Israel, Turkey, Japan(who cares) Australia, Mexico, Canada(who cares)

-most of those countries may not LIKE to be our Allies.. but ultimately.. they know where their bread is buttered

Rain Man
04-21-2005, 10:47 AM
If there was actually a WORLD WAR... we would have all of Nato.. plus probably Russia (they would rather be with us than against us); Israel, Turkey, Japan(who cares) Australia, Mexico, Canada(who cares)

-most of those countries may not LIKE to be our Allies.. but ultimately.. they know where their bread is buttered

...or where their hummus is curried. (Just trying to be internationally sensitive).

Spicy McHaggis
04-21-2005, 10:50 AM

Remember the OC!!!!

ENDelt260
04-21-2005, 10:56 AM
http://www.kliccami.com/immagini/comics/big/LearnGeographyLikeanAmerican.jpg
Haha... "here there be dragons"

Ultra Peanut
04-21-2005, 11:44 AM

MM
~~:DI was going to run a series of avatars leading up to the release of the movie, but I think the Vogons destroyed them along with my hard drive.

I'm pretty attached to Mr. Bananagrabber, anyways.

Ultra Peanut
04-21-2005, 11:47 AM
What about Seychelles?They will wait to see who has the upper hand, then swoop in and destroy them. Fear Seychelles.

Ultra Peanut
04-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Haha... "here there be dragons"I remember a very similar image, only drawn with a more "kindergarten" art style and without the "bombed here" stuff. ROFL

DenverChief
04-21-2005, 11:58 AM
Japan has no military

yes they do they are just bound by their constitution not to use it in an offensive manner

KC Kings
04-21-2005, 12:08 PM
Turkey would be with the allies - they are a westernized culture. Besides, why would they fight in the first place, it's not like they're a world power. China sucks at wars, always has, they are France Jr, so they wouldn't be a big issue (they have numbers and nukes, but our nukes our better). Russia might be a bitch under Putin and decide to fight against the U.S. - that would be a major problem.

U.S. + England + Germany + India = dominance. Japan has no military, I call them Canada Jr. Taiwan is too tiny to do anything, but they hate Chinese, could be good cannon fodder.

Turkey has a ton of Muslims. Even the coastal towns on the Med have the loud speakers on every corner singing the prayers throughout the day. Their government may be smart enough not to join the Muslim nations, but being infidels we would never be able to depend on them as allies.

Miles
04-21-2005, 12:28 PM
http://www.cryptogon.com/images/terminator.jpg

Donger
04-21-2005, 12:31 PM
They use cheap plastic electrons.

That's neutrons, J. Robert!

Bowser
04-21-2005, 12:37 PM
Why are we talking about WW III, anyway? Did those damned Canadians blow up the Baldwins and Arquettes?

Pants
04-21-2005, 02:14 PM

They don't have the Patriot System. Duh. :rolleyes:

Brock
04-21-2005, 02:19 PM
yes they do they are just bound by their constitution not to use it in an offensive manner

They have 250,000 members. It's a token defense force.

KCWolfman
04-21-2005, 03:39 PM
What about Seychelles?
They are sold on the seashore.

"Bob" Dobbs
04-21-2005, 06:23 PM
ROFL :LOL:
that's awesome.

The Pedestrian
04-22-2005, 06:47 PM

China as France Jr? China may suck, but at least they show up to the party. As for Russia, let's just train Mounties and Eskimos to send them...Russia may look big and bad, but deep down, they suck as much as China. Only reason that Napoleon and Hitler lost against Russia was because during the "Scorched Earth Policy", it turned out to be the coldest winter of each time...the Canadians and Alaskans will be able to handle the cold, and the American training will do the rest.

US, England, Germany and India on the same side of the war will make it an amazing war...fast, too. I sure hope that our team doesn't sway too far to the left and leave out the idea of imperialism. :p

FWIW, Japan is "America III" if they're Canada's kid...Canada is America Jr.

The Pedestrian
04-22-2005, 06:59 PM
Allies: United States, Germany, Ireland, Portugal, Japan, Australia, Canada, Iraq, India, South Korea

Axis of Evil: France, England, China, Russia, North Korea, South Africa

I'll admit that I only put England on the Axis because I just want to see American troops hitting their island for once....call it revenge for all those years of taxation, virtual representation, and spilling American blood.

NJ Chief Fan
04-22-2005, 07:08 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
ROFL

:banghead:

NJ Chief Fan
04-22-2005, 07:10 PM
the world vs jews

TERMINATE ALL JEWS YEA!!!!!

elvomito
04-22-2005, 07:21 PM
Prophecied: The world VS Israel (guess who wins!!)

whoman69
04-22-2005, 07:30 PM
China as France Jr? China may suck, but at least they show up to the party. As for Russia, let's just train Mounties and Eskimos to send them...Russia may look big and bad, but deep down, they suck as much as China. Only reason that Napoleon and Hitler lost against Russia was because during the "Scorched Earth Policy", it turned out to be the coldest winter of each time...the Canadians and Alaskans will be able to handle the cold, and the American training will do the rest.

US, England, Germany and India on the same side of the war will make it an amazing war...fast, too. I sure hope that our team doesn't sway too far to the left and leave out the idea of imperialism. :p

FWIW, Japan is "America III" if they're Canada's kid...Canada is America Jr.
I don't think MacArthur would agree with that assessment. What's more they could put a few dozen million troops on to the field if needed. They had over 300 divisions in WWII but Chiang Kai Shek was not enough of a leader to make them attack, especially without training. Mao was able to get them going, but did not have enough troops reportable to him.

The Pedestrian
04-22-2005, 09:52 PM
I don't think MacArthur would agree with that assessment. What's more they could put a few dozen million troops on to the field if needed. They had over 300 divisions in WWII but Chiang Kai Shek was not enough of a leader to make them attack, especially without training. Mao was able to get them going, but did not have enough troops reportable to him.

The problem with our attempts to keep the communists of China in their controlled area was that people back at home didn't give much support. The rise of Mao was because we helped a crappy leader stay in charge of China, so the conversion to such an evil system was easy to see. Anyway, even after China surprised us and pushed us almost completely out of Korea, we pushed them back up into North Korea...and this was with both numbers and morale in their favor. We would own China within a year if it came down to a war that most of the country supported...aw hell, we would get tons of the libs in favor of the war if we said that a free Tibet was the first priority.

WoodDraw
04-22-2005, 10:24 PM
China sucks at war based on what they did decades ago? Does that logic actually make sense to you? They are rapidly modernizing their military, especially their navy. It would be a horrible, ugly war if it happened today. I don't want to even think about what it would look like 10-20 years down the line.

I really don't think we'll ever see a real global war but I could see a regional war + U.S. type thing. China and Japan's relations are already getting pretty rouch with the recent protests in China and the territoy disputes over oil. I don't think either side is stupid enough to move beyond the patriotic ra ra talk anytime soon though.

The Pedestrian
04-22-2005, 10:52 PM
China sucks at war based on what they did decades ago? Does that logic actually make sense to you? They are rapidly modernizing their military, especially their navy. It would be a horrible, ugly war if it happened today. I don't want to even think about what it would look like 10-20 years down the line.

I really don't think we'll ever see a real global war but I could see a regional war + U.S. type thing. China and Japan's relations are already getting pretty rouch with the recent protests in China and the territoy disputes over oil. I don't think either side is stupid enough to move beyond the patriotic ra ra talk anytime soon though.

We only have their most recent war to back up how they are...if they'd like to prove that they no longer suck at war, let's see them invade a neighbor. :p

Anyway, modernizing their military isn't all that great...the United States and its allies still fill the top weapons spots for the world. As for the navy, keep our navy in mind. 50 years ago we had our subs follow the navy of the "powerful" Soviet Union...at one point our government decided to play a little joke on them by having every United States submarine ping the Soviet navy at the same time. Of course, the ping didn't allow the Soviets to know any more than the fact that they were being pinged...so calls were flooding into Moscow, freaking out the commanders because they noticed right away that it was our little way of saying "Big brother's watching YOU!" Now if we were doing that 50 years ago to an incredibly large navy (second largest next to us, IIRC) that was modernized for their time and looking for us, think of what we can do now.

Logical
04-22-2005, 11:00 PM

You should definitely care about Japan at over 125 million and one of the top 5 economies in the world they have an industrial capacity that matches or exceeds the US. They are quite capable of building and enormously strong military if they so desire and their people are tenacious.

Pants
04-23-2005, 01:14 AM
China would be formidable under Mao, since the people actually believed in his communistic cause and were pretty much fanatic (too bad they destroyed the whole education and business infrastracture as a result). Today, China is only communist on paper, young people like the West.

And Chico, when exactly did they Chinese show up to a fight? They let Japan (always tiny numbers compared to Chinese) anally rape them throughout the history of two countries. Japanese absolutely DOMINATED China during the WWII. The only formidable man to man foe would be North Korea, they are hard wired since birth to absolutely hate anything Western, esp. the US (they are a more extreme version of WWII Japnese in the Pacific Theatre) and are don't give a shit about dying for their God Lil' Kim.

Russia would be pretty formidable because they posses equal technology (they are rusty, but could be very quickly mobilzed to turn into an absolute monster). I also don't see the Russians wanting to fight aginst the West, people are hating on Putin as it is.

Rausch
04-23-2005, 02:10 AM
My guess would be the next WW would have three sides.

I'd think that China and their Asian allies would stick tight, Russia and its ME allies would stick tight, and America and a few allies (NOT most of Western Europe).

I don't see any South American country taking a stance, and Africa would also play neutral and hope to stay out of the way.

Pants
04-23-2005, 02:13 AM
I don't think Russia is that friendly with any ME countries. They just use ME as their main market to sell weapons. Many Muslims dislike Russia for the same reason they dislike the US. If Russia ever decides to face the US, they'll most likely join China.

Rausch
04-23-2005, 02:18 AM
I don't think Russia is that friendly with any ME countries. They just use ME as their main market to sell weapons. Many Muslims dislike Russia for the same reason they dislike the US. If Russia ever decides to face the US, they'll most likely join China.

You have any idea how many Muslims are in Russia?...

chappy
04-23-2005, 02:38 AM
You have any idea how many Muslims are in the US?

Pants
04-23-2005, 02:40 AM
You have any idea how many Muslims are in Russia?...

Yeah, I've been to Russia.

SNR
04-23-2005, 10:06 AM
California vs. North Dakota.That last "middle of nowhere" joke was the straw that broke the camel's back.

The Pedestrian
04-23-2005, 11:36 AM
China would be formidable under Mao, since the people actually believed in his communistic cause and were pretty much fanatic (too bad they destroyed the whole education and business infrastracture as a result). Today, China is only communist on paper, young people like the West.

And Chico, when exactly did they Chinese show up to a fight? They let Japan (always tiny numbers compared to Chinese) anally rape them throughout the history of two countries. Japanese absolutely DOMINATED China during the WWII. The only formidable man to man foe would be North Korea, they are hard wired since birth to absolutely hate anything Western, esp. the US (they are a more extreme version of WWII Japnese in the Pacific Theatre) and are don't give a shit about dying for their God Lil' Kim.

Russia would be pretty formidable because they posses equal technology (they are rusty, but could be very quickly mobilzed to turn into an absolute monster). I also don't see the Russians wanting to fight aginst the West, people are hating on Putin as it is.

Yes, the completely sucked up through WW2, but they did show up to the Korean War and some of the Vietnam War. China would have to be the cousin of Italy, who had sucked at war (no, I'm not counting that whole "Roman Empire" thing eventhough it crumbled at the feet of barbarian tribes), but decided to show up to WW2.