PDA

View Full Version : How many members of Chiefsplanet own season tickets?

the Talking Can
04-21-2005, 09:24 AM
Let's find out who the real fans are.

I'm not one. I'm a fake fan.

Real fans = don't criticize Carl, own season tickets

Fake fans = suffer from lepracy, don't own season tickets

WilliamTheIrish
04-21-2005, 09:28 AM
I was a real fan on two different occasions. 77-83.

Then I re-upped the day they hired Marty. Had them through 2000.

They priced me out about then.

Although, I'm still part of an 8 person group who kicks in money for tix. I can usually go to about any game I want.

the Talking Can
04-21-2005, 09:31 AM
I was a real fan on two different occasions. 77-83.

Then I re-upped the day they hired Marty. Had them through 2000.

They priced me out about then.

Although, I'm still part of an 8 person group who kicks in money for tix. I can usually go to about any game I want.

hmmm...you had to complicate things, didn't you?

I don't think Carl mentioned the % rule for real fans. I guess you're 1/8th real fan...and 7/8ths bastard.

jspchief
04-21-2005, 09:33 AM
What if you buy a full season's worth of tickets from a third party, but aren't the one writing the check to Carl and you don't have renewal rights?

Skip Towne
04-21-2005, 09:35 AM
I'm not a Chiefs fan. I just hang around here for the dumbassery.

PHOG
04-21-2005, 09:38 AM
I "supplement" a friends season ticket.. :hmmm:

Go to 1-2 games a year..

WilliamTheIrish
04-21-2005, 09:39 AM
You've got me pegged all wrong, Can.

I'm a complete bastard.

Edubs
04-21-2005, 09:43 AM
I....am a season ticket holder.
I....think CP is an iggit.
I.....believe that I could play better defense then Bartee.

Mark M
04-21-2005, 09:49 AM
Family has had season tickets since 1963, I've been going since 1981, been chipping in on tickets since 1999.

So, all of you fake fans can go to hell ... you go to hell and you die.

MM
~~;)

shaneo69
04-21-2005, 09:54 AM
Full season ticket holder since 1990, and full-fledged Chiefs fan as a result.

Coogs
04-21-2005, 09:59 AM
I'm a fraud.

I go to games every few years, aboout 12-15 in my lifetime. Chiefs have been my passion since the late 60's. Never knew I wasn't a real fan though 'til this AM. Go figure!

Saulbadguy
04-21-2005, 10:03 AM
They've been in the family since 89.

Hoover
04-21-2005, 10:09 AM
I own Season tickets......

To the I Cubs, and Des Moines Stars :D

crossbow
04-21-2005, 10:27 AM
Me= Fake:

We get our tickets from a gal that works with my wife. They share the set of 4 tickets with another couple. We go to two games a year because that is all we can afford. So I guess we are not "real" fans. We are very sorry that we cannot give even more money to Carl and Mr. Hunt but we are glad to pay $20.00 to park in a publicly owned lot that was built with our tax dollars (we are paying Hunt to park on our property).

We buy Chiefs clothing and watch them on TV but we realize that, that isn't good enough. Maybe we should just send money and not attend the games. That way we wouldn't be taking up valuable space that could be used by the "real" fans.

Logical
04-21-2005, 10:36 AM
I was a real fan in the late 70s and 80s, but coincidently my last year of Season tickets was in 89. I guess in my heart I knew I could never be a real fan with Carl in charge.

Mr. Laz
04-21-2005, 11:01 AM
where is the "share season tickets with a family member option"?

i guess i'm a half-a-fan

a midget fan? :shrug:

Mark M
04-21-2005, 11:06 AM
where is the "share season tickets with a family member option"?

i guess i'm a half-a-fan

a midget fan? :shrug:
You're a quasi fan.

Which, apparently, I am as well since I share them with my folks. Although I should get extra points for family dedication to the team -- four generations have been to see games at Arrowhead (grandfather, dad, me, my daughter), two at Municpal in the old Wolfpack (grandfather and dad).

MM
~~:hmmm:

patteeu
04-21-2005, 11:28 AM
I've never had season tickets, but I take no offense from Carl Peterson's remarks. It sounded to me like he was contrasting the season ticket holder with the antagonistic media (and the internet dumbassegencia) as much as anything in his comments (rather than the popular interpretation that he was contrasting "real fans" who hold season tickets with "fake fans" who don't).

But even if he was calling season ticket holders the "real fans" in the way that you whining pussies want to believe, who can blame him. They are the people he needs to cater to. Without the interest of a large base of season ticket holders, the Chiefs will become the Royals. Carl Peterson has been successful at maintaining that interest. If it offends you people so much, stick to Jayhawk basketball. They're a pretty genteel crowd over there. They do a lot of crying and touchie-feelie stuff in Lawrence to make even the most sensitive "fans" among us feel welcome.

Kerberos
04-21-2005, 11:32 AM
KCFalcon59 and I have had season tickets together since 89.

We have been going to games since the begging of the KING CARL era.

:banghead:

but at least we got to see some pretty damn good games back in the early 90's along with seeing Joe Montana win some come from behind victories. That was a plus along with having Huey Lewis and the News sing the National Anthem on monday night football because they were personal friends of Joe'.

:)

Mr. Laz
04-21-2005, 11:33 AM
I've never had season tickets, but I take no offense from Carl Peterson's remarks. It sounded to me like he was contrasting the season ticket holder with the antagonistic media (and the internet dumbassegencia) as much as anything in his comments (rather than the popular interpretation that he was contrasting "real fans" who hold season tickets with "fake fans" who don't).

But even if he was calling season ticket holders the "real fans" in the way that you whining pussies want to believe, who can blame him. They are the people he needs to cater to. Without the interest of a large base of season ticket holders, the Chiefs will become the Royals. Carl Peterson has been successful at maintaining that interest. If it offends you people so much, stick to Jayhawk basketball. They're a pretty genteel crowd over there. They do a lot of crying and touchie-feelie stuff in Lawrence to make even the most sensitive "fans" among us feel welcome.

and what happens if all those "fake fans" stop watching the chiefs on television?

patteeu
04-21-2005, 11:47 AM
and what happens if all those "fake fans" stop watching the chiefs on television?

As I said in my post, I don't think that Carl Peterson is taking those non-season-ticket fans for granted in the first place. But the answer to your question is that season ticket sales will drop off before TV fan interest will. So as long as Carl Peterson continues to maintain enough interest to sell 70,000+ season tickets, he need not worry about losing the TV fanbase.

BIG_DADDY
04-21-2005, 12:03 PM
I sure as hell would if I lived out there. Seeing as I am way out here in California I usually only make it to 3 games a year.

KCTitus
04-21-2005, 12:08 PM
I need a ruling, maybe I should email Carl about this...

If I go to a Chiefs game at an opposing teams stadium wearing Chiefs gear, do I get partial credit?

I dont think Carl thought this through well enough...

BIG_DADDY
04-21-2005, 12:09 PM
I need a ruling, maybe I should email Carl about this...

If I go to a Chiefs game at an opposing teams stadium wearing Chiefs gear, do I get partial credit?

I dont think Carl thought this through well enough...

Tell you what Carl lets do the Black Hole together and wear our colors.

ChiefsOne
04-21-2005, 12:14 PM
Not a season ticket holder, never had the opportunity or extra cash. We usually go to 1, sometimes 2 games a year. With three kids it costs us $300 for tickets, $100 hotel and $200-$300 for the rest of the expenses (food, gas, drinks, etc)

KCTitus
04-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Tell you what Carl lets do the Black Hole together and wear our colors.

LOL...

David.
04-21-2005, 12:18 PM
I'VE NEVER BEEN TO A GAME :(

BigRedChief
04-21-2005, 12:20 PM
Obviously, I have way too much money. Why else do I patronize a business that continually disses its clients?

StcChief
04-21-2005, 12:24 PM
Going to Arrowhead since 1980.
Have rights now for 3 years.

|Zach|
04-21-2005, 12:28 PM
Obviously, I have way too much money. Why else do I patronize a business that continually disses its clients?
I know my family and I love going to Arrowhead and have been part of a ton of great times there. The Chiefs have been part of our lives and I love spending Chiefs games with my friends and family watching the Chiefs on Sundays.

Mr. Laz
04-21-2005, 12:29 PM
I know my family and I love going to Arrowhead and have been part of a ton of great times there. The Chiefs have been part of our lives and I love spending Chiefs games with my friends and family watching the Chiefs on Sundays.
sure if you don't take winning into consideration, the chiefs rule and carl is the best GM EVah!!

Mr. Laz
04-21-2005, 12:31 PM
So as long as Carl Peterson continues to maintain enough interest to sell 70,000+ season tickets, he need not worry about losing the TV fanbase.
exactly ... as long as he's got a full stadium "he need not worry about"

he's got his ... f*ck the rest

ChiefsFanInIndy
04-21-2005, 12:33 PM

Finally someone who knows what he is talking about has come forward. Thanks.

|Zach|
04-21-2005, 12:34 PM
sure if you don't take winning into consideration, the chiefs rule and carl is the best GM EVah!!
I have seen a lot of winners and winning games come through Arrohwhead. I am sorry mt family and I have a great time at Chiefs games Laz. It seems like a weird concept for you to enjoy something. I don't know what to tell you buddy...

I dont get to go to as many since I have been in college but I have so much fun watching Chiefs football. Thinking about how there is a game on Sunday helps move the week along when work or school is slow and boring. When I am not at a game I gather up some great food and a few friends and scream and yell and jump around or get pissed and throw a tantrum.

When I do get to go to the games it is always loud and crazy and a great time. Like I have said before I can think of a lot of great moments I have shared with people I love through Chiefs football just like I can think of some shitty ones.

No amount of sports talk radio callers or internet forum geniouses can change that.

Ultra Peanut
04-21-2005, 12:39 PM
I reluctantly gave mine up. It was a matter of principle.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105826

jspchief
04-21-2005, 12:44 PM
I have seen a lot of winners and winning games come through Arrohwhead. I am sorry me and my family have a great time at Chiefs games Laz. It seems like a weird concept for you to enjoy something. I don't know what to tell you buddy...

I dont get to go to as many since I have been in college but I have so much fun watching Chiefs football. Thinking about how there is a game on Sunday helps move the week along when work or school is slow and boring. When I am not at a game I gather up some great food and a few friends and scream and yell and jump around or get pissed and throw a tantrum.

When I do get to go to the games it is always loud and crazy and a great time. Like I have said before I can think of a lot of great moments I have shared with people I love through Chiefs football just like I can think of some shitty ones.

No amount of sports talk radio callers or internet forum geniouses can change that.

What? You don't go to games and sit in your seat and have a miserable time because the team hasn't won a play-off game in 11 years?

Seriously, that's the thing. Regardless of how pissed I get sitting here in the off-season, or how fed up I am all week after a loss, come Sunday, I still get chills when the crowds yells "CHEIFS!" at the end of the national anthem. I still scream like a 12 year old girl when Hall runs one back and I still high five complete strangers when we get in the endzone. Maybe at the end of the day, we've lost and I leave with my trampled heart still in the aisle, but I still enjoyed myself.

That's why no one gives up their season tickets in protest of Carl Peterson. We don't go to games to show our support for CP. We go to games to have fun and root for the guys in pads.

Mr. Laz
04-21-2005, 12:44 PM
I have seen a lot of winners and winning games come through Arrohwhead. I am sorry me and my family have a great time at Chiefs games Laz. It seems like a weird concept for you to enjoy something. I don't know what to tell you buddy...

gee, thanks for the philosophical lecture on how to be a real fan

btw - since you "jump around or get pissed and throw a tantrum" while watching a game ... why don't you just stop watching the games. I mean if they make you mad then just stop doing it?

|Zach|
04-21-2005, 12:46 PM
gee, thanks for the philosophical lecture on how to be a real fan

btw - since you "jump around or get pissed and throw a tantrum" while watching a game ... why don't you just stop watching the games. I mean if they make you mad then just stop doing it?
Heh, anyway you can find to be offended.

I dont see you or anyone else as not being a real fan. That is you projecting it on me. I am only responding to you painting me and my family as idiots or going to and enjoying games.

I will be damned if I let Peterson's idiot moves keep me from enjoying football.

HolmeZz
04-21-2005, 12:47 PM
Nope, no season tix for me.

|Zach|
04-21-2005, 12:47 PM
What? You don't go to games and sit in your seat and have a miserable time because the team hasn't won a play-off game in 11 years?

Seriously, that's the thing. Regardless of how pissed I get sitting here in the off-season, or how fed up I am all week after a loss, come Sunday, I still get chills when the crowds yells "CHEIFS!" at the end of the national anthem. I still scream like a 12 year old girl when Hall runs one back and I still high five complete strangers when we get in the endzone. Maybe at the end of the day, we've lost and I leave with my trampled heart still in the aisle, but I still enjoyed myself.

That's why no one gives up their season tickets in protest of Carl Peterson. We don't go to games to show our support for CP. We go to games to have fun and root for the guys in pads.
I feel the same way, well said.

But watch out. Because you enjoy games Laz will tell you that you think he and others are not real fans. And he expects you to apologize and come up for an explanation of why you attend Chiefs games.

KCTitus
04-21-2005, 12:55 PM
I will be damned if I let Peterson's idiot moves keep me frin [sic] enjoying football.

I hear that...

patteeu
04-21-2005, 12:55 PM
exactly ... as long as he's got a full stadium "he need not worry about"

he's got his ... f*ck the rest

:rolleyes:

Maybe I should have said "he won't lose the TV fanbase" instead of "he need not worry about the TV fanbase" to make it more difficult for victims like you to get a victimhood high off my words.

Ari Chi3fs
04-21-2005, 12:56 PM
I had a beer vending badge and got into every Chiefs game FREE from 1995-2001.

Im not a real fan, Im a con.

[p.s. they still havent changed Volume Services badges, so I could still probably get into games for free...]

|Zach|
04-21-2005, 12:57 PM

[p.s. they still havent changed Volume Services badges, so I could still probably get into games for free...]
ROFL Dude thats freakin awesome.

Count Alex's Wins
04-21-2005, 12:57 PM

Even playoff games?

patteeu
04-21-2005, 01:00 PM
I have seen a lot of winners and winning games come through Arrohwhead. I am sorry mt family and I have a great time at Chiefs games Laz. It seems like a weird concept for you to enjoy something. I don't know what to tell you buddy...

Good for you, Zach. :thumb:

BigRedChief
04-21-2005, 01:05 PM
So since King Carl has defined what a "Real" fan is, does this mean the next time someone tells a Planeteer that hes not a "real" or "true" fan that it means they don't have season tickets?

|Zach|
04-21-2005, 01:11 PM
So since King Carl has defined what a "Real" fan is, does this mean the next time someone tells a Planeteer that hes not a "real" or "true" fan that it means they don't have season tickets?
What do you think happens more on CP. People telling others they are not real fans...or the "percieved" victims of it going on and on and on about it.

I don't know what some would do on Chiefs Planet without people thinking they are declaring them bad fans. ROFL

This thread is a great example.