PDA

View Full Version : Anwar dumped!

Frankie
04-21-2005, 12:09 PM
One of my favorites to be the American Idol this year. A great singer and a class act. This one was even more shocking than Nadia's demise last week. :shake: I'd be real tempted to buy his first CD if he puts one out.

Donger
04-21-2005, 12:12 PM
One of my favorites to be the American Idol this year. A great singer and a class act. This one was even more shocking than Nadia's demise last week. :shake: I'd be real tempted to buy his first CD if he puts one out.

I've no idea what you're talking about.

jspchief
04-21-2005, 12:13 PM
He was good at the slow stuff, but pretty mediocre at anything fast paced.

I still think him and Nadia are better than some of the remaining people though. The fat guy, the blonde tramp, and the russian are all very average and don't have a prayer at making it.

Hoover
He was gay, glad he's gone :D

tomahawk kid
:spock:

ChiefsCountry
04-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Carrie is the one to win it. Even if she doesnt she will be a big time country singer within a year.

Simplex3
04-21-2005, 12:19 PM
I was going through the room while my wife was watching and I caught the long-haired dude singing some song from the 70's. I must admit I was quite shocked, he wasn't singing it like a girl, he actually has a man's voice. I have no clue what any of those other people sound like, but he should win for the simple fact that he isn't a raging pu**y like 99% of male pop singers today.

NewChief
04-21-2005, 12:19 PM
My wife says she has no reason to watch the show now that Anwar is gone. She's got a thing for his "type."

You know, if our love life ever gets dull, all I have to do is become black and grow dreadlocks.

mlyonsd
04-21-2005, 12:21 PM
I was going through the room while my wife was watching and I caught the long-haired dude singing some song from the 70's..

Right, you were sitting in front of the tv with your popcorn and just afraid to admit it.

jcroft
04-21-2005, 12:26 PM
Anwar was very decent and is definitely better than a couple of those who remain. However, he wasn't going to win. Nadia I REALLY liked, even more-so than Anwar. I've been kind of bummed at the eliminations the past two weeks. I've been wanting Anthony gone for a month now...

jcroft
04-21-2005, 12:29 PM
Carrie is the one to win it. Even if she doesnt she will be a big time country singer within a year.

I picked Carrie to win in the round of 32. I still think she will. And while she's great at country, she's beginning to show she can do other stuff, too. It'll be interesting to see exactly what kind of album she comes out with...

BIG_DADDY
04-21-2005, 12:29 PM

lil momma watches this shit so unfortunately I know what's going on. I agree that Carrie is the one to beat.

jcroft
04-21-2005, 12:30 PM
I was going through the room while my wife was watching and I caught the long-haired dude singing some song from the 70's. I must admit I was quite shocked, he wasn't singing it like a girl, he actually has a man's voice. I have no clue what any of those other people sound like, but he should win for the simple fact that he isn't a raging pu**y like 99% of male pop singers today.

You're talking about Bo Bice. I think he's got an outside shot to win. Either way, he'll definitely get a recording contract.

KChiefs1
04-21-2005, 12:32 PM
ummmmmm Carrie! :p

ChiefsCountry
I picked Carrie to win in the round of 32. I still think she will. And while she's great at country, she's beginning to show she can do other stuff, too. It'll be interesting to see exactly what kind of album she comes out with...

It will be a LeAnn Rimes/Faith Hill type album. A little bit of country, a little bit of pop and a little bit of rock n roll.

Donger
I haven't watched this American Idol show, and honestly don't plan to in the future.

What's the attraction?

I never watched those Survivor shows, either.

jarjar
04-21-2005, 12:34 PM
I'm way too macho for this thread.

Chiefnj
04-21-2005, 12:35 PM
Carrie will have much better financial success if she doesn't win and goes to a country label like the dude did a few years back. She's a much better country/pop singer than rock/pop.

I'm hoping Bo wins it and I miss Nadia. There was something extremely alluring about her.

ChiefsCountry
04-21-2005, 12:38 PM
Carrie will have much better financial success if she doesn't win and goes to a country label like the dude did a few years back. She's a much better country/pop singer than rock/pop.

I'm hoping Bo wins it and I miss Nadia. There was something extremely alluring about her.

Josh Gracin?

jcroft
04-21-2005, 12:39 PM
It will be a LeAnn Rimes/Faith Hill type album. A little bit of country, a little bit of pop and a little bit of rock n roll.

Yeah, I'd imagine you are right on...

jcroft
04-21-2005, 12:41 PM

Nadia was my favorite, so it pains me to say this, but she deserved to be eliminated. Singing artsy fartsy slow songs that no one's ever heard of is not the way to win over the American Idol audience. And that's pretty much what she did the last two or three weeks before she got eliminated. Even though she did them well, you just don't stand a chance with that audience doing that kind of thing -- and she should have known it.

I can't wait to buy her album.

jcroft
04-21-2005, 12:42 PM
I haven't watched this American Idol show, and honestly don't plan to in the future.

What's the attraction?

I never watched those Survivor shows, either.

The attraction, quite simply, is talented singers trying to win a huge prize and go from everyday person with a good voice to pop superstar. It's like Star Search with much, much bigger rewards.

Chiefnj
04-21-2005, 12:44 PM
Nadia was my favorite, so it pains me to say this, but she deserved to be eliminated. Singing artsy fartsy slow songs that no one's ever heard of is not the way to win over the American Idol audience. And that's pretty much what she did the last two or three weeks before she got eliminated. Even though she did them well, you just don't stand a chance with that audience doing that kind of thing -- and she should have known it.

I can't wait to buy her album.

Her song selection was atrocious. She could have been a contender if she picked a tune that someone other than she and the original artist ever heard of. I won't buy an album, but I'd watch a video.

ChiefsCountry
04-21-2005, 12:44 PM
Also next week is the finale of Nashville Star. That show you actually have to have more talent to win.

Count Zarth
04-21-2005, 12:45 PM
Anwar was boring. I was getting tired of him quickly. I am a huge Carrie fan.

chop
04-21-2005, 12:45 PM
Anwar is a decent singer but I really don't like his voice. He wasn't very good the last night he sang and that's what cost him. Anthony Federov should have been eliminated a long time ago. I think Carrie is the best singer in the competition, she's way better than Anwar. jmo

jcroft
04-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Her song selection was atrocious. She could have been a contender if she picked a tune that someone other than she and the original artist ever heard of. I won't buy an album, but I'd watch a video.

Yeah, she was hot to be sure.

I hope when her album comes out she does a sort of half-way-between Lenny Kravitz and Lauryn Hill thing. At least, that's what i'd envision if I was her producer.

chop
04-21-2005, 12:47 PM
Also next week is the finale of Nashville Star. That show you actually have to have more talent to win.

Then how did that Jodie guy make it to the finals? He's an ok performer but his voice sucks!

Frankie
04-21-2005, 12:50 PM
He was gay, glad he's gone :D

Though a lot of Gays are nice folk, being a nice classy guy does not make Anwar gay.
:)

ChiefsCountry
04-21-2005, 12:50 PM
Then how did that Jodie guy make it to the finals? He's an ok performer but his voice sucks!

I agree his voice sucks, but that goofy look he has is what is doing it for him.

The talent I was referring to also wasn't just vocals, you have to write your own songs and be the entertainer part.

Simplex3
04-21-2005, 12:52 PM
Right, you were sitting in front of the tv with your popcorn and just afraid to admit it.
I leave my office (in my basement) around 9-10pm every night. I don't catch much evening TV unless I'm going upstairs to get a drink or take a leak.

jcroft
04-21-2005, 12:52 PM
Here's how I'd rank the six that are left:

1. Carrie -- very good singer, great image, born to be a country star.
2. Constatine -- not as good a singer as Bo, but is more verasitle in the types of things he can do and has the image/chick magnet thing going for him.
3. Bo -- solid rock-type singer with a good rock image. Just not that versatile and might have trouble winning over the more pop-based audience.
4. Vonzell -- She's moving up the chart pretty fast. Look out, rockers and Carrie. Definitely the more improved one.
5. Scott -- When he's on vocally, he's quite good (Aganist All Odds comes to mind). But, he's inconsistent and lacks the image of some of the others.
6. Anthony -- Decent voice, good story, but overall kind of annoying and just not as good as the others.

Count Zarth
04-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Here's how I'd rank the six that are left:

1. Carrie -- very good singer, great image, born to be a country star.
2. Constatine -- not as good a singer as Bo, but is more verasitle in the types of things he can do and has the image/chick magnet thing going for him.
3. Bo -- solid rock-type singer with a good rock image. Just not that versatile and might have trouble winning over the more pop-based audience.
4. Vonzell -- She's moving up the chart pretty fast. Look out, rockers and Carrie. Definitely the more improved one.
5. Scott -- When he's on vocally, he's quite good (Aganist All Odds comes to mind). But, he's inconsistent and lacks the image of some of the others.
6. Anthony -- Decent voice, good story, but overall kind of annoying and just not as good as the others.

I agree completely.

jcroft
04-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Though a lot of Gays are nice folk, being a nice classy guy does not make Anwar gay.
:)

Anyone know if he was gay? Doesn't really matter to me one bit, but I was curious...

KChiefs1
04-21-2005, 12:55 PM
Nadia was very easy on the eyes, but WTF was she singing? Crystal Gayle songs that even Crystal Gayle doesn't remember? :shake:

Carrie by far has the purest truest voice left in the competition & talk about some eye candy! :)

Frankie
04-21-2005, 12:57 PM
She's certainly the favorite. And she WILL be famous as a country singer.

Frankie
04-21-2005, 12:58 PM
Bo Bice. He's very very good.

ChiefsCountry
04-21-2005, 01:01 PM
My analysis:

Carrie should be the winner, dont know if it will happen, but in the long run she is going to be a country music superstar.

Constatine has got the look, style, and a decent voice. He has a good shot at winning and be successful. He reminds me alittle bit of Rob Thomas of Matchbox 20. Somebody could do pop and rock.

Bo can sing, but he needs his rock band.

Vonzell has a good shot at winning too. But I seriousally doubt it.

The thing with Scott put him in a band, and he wouldn't be that bad. No way can he cut it as a solo act.

Anthony I have no clue how he has made it this far.

Count Zarth
04-21-2005, 01:02 PM
Yes, Anwar is most definitely gay.

http://love.blackplanet.com/Profile/view.html?profile_id=2855519

chop
04-21-2005, 01:02 PM
Anyone know if he was gay? Doesn't really matter to me one bit, but I was curious...

"Gay" and "curious" in one post, are you not telling us something about yourself. :shake:

jcroft
04-21-2005, 01:05 PM
"Gay" and "curious" in one post, are you not telling us something about yourself. :shake:

Haha. Nice one. :)

But no. I'm metrosexual, but definitely not gay.

Frankie
04-21-2005, 01:07 PM

Unless the one I hate, Constantine continues his rise by getting the votes of the teenage girls who call and vote for him repeatedly all night.
:shake: Talk about one who should have been dumped long age. Now he looks like he actually has a fairly good chance to upset Carrie. My favorites among the remaining contestants are Bo and Vonzel.

BTW, despite what the judges said about Carrie's performance she should not have attempted MacArthur Park. That's Donna Summer territory and nobody will ever come close to her version of it.

ChiefsCountry
04-21-2005, 01:08 PM
Haha. Nice one. :)

But no. I'm metrosexual, but definitely not gay.

That reminds of me of the Mike Piazza quote they play on Rome all the time.

Frankie
04-21-2005, 01:09 PM

This could have been my post. :thumb:

jcroft
04-21-2005, 01:12 PM
Unless the one I hate, Constantine continues his rise by getting the votes of the teenage girls who call and vote for him repeatedly all night.

Isn't that the name of the game? The public gets to pick. If it was a singing contest, they'd have vocal coaches as judges. But it's not. It's a popularity contest.

:shake: Talk about one who should have been dumped long age. Now he looks like he actually has a fairly good chance to upset Carrie. My favorites among the remaining contestants are Bo and Vonzel.

I think Carrie is the clear number one, Scott and Anthony are the clear bottom-feeders, and the three in the middle are all pretty close.

BTW, despite what the judges said about Carrie's performance she should not have attempted MacArthur Park. That's Donna Summer territory and nobody will ever come close to her version of it.

I agree with you on that one. She did it pretty well, but there are some songs that just shouldn't be attempted. "Sacred" songs, I guess, in which the original was so damn good people ought to just leave them be.

Frankie
04-21-2005, 01:13 PM

How would that make him "definitely gay?" :shrug:

chop
04-21-2005, 01:13 PM
Definition of Metrosexual-

A straight man who embraces the homosexual lifestyle, i.e. refined tastes in clothing, excessive use of designer hygiene products, etc. Usually is on the brink of homosexuality.

Once again we find ourselves wondering.

Donger
04-21-2005, 01:14 PM
The attraction, quite simply, is talented singers trying to win a huge prize and go from everyday person with a good voice to pop superstar. It's like Star Search with much, much bigger rewards.

Ah. That's what I figured, and that's why I've chosen not to watch this Idol show either.

jcroft
04-21-2005, 01:15 PM
Definition of Metrosexual-

A straight man who embraces the homosexual lifestyle, i.e. refined tastes in clothing, excessive use of designer hygiene products, etc. Usually is on the brink of homosexuality.

Once again we find ourselves wondering.

Nice job picking that definition out of the tens of them that are listed on urbandictionary.com.

You're not as clever as you think, dude.

How can you be "on the brink" of homosexuality? You either like guys, or you don't. I don't.

jcroft
04-21-2005, 01:16 PM
Ah. That's what I figured, and that's why I've chosen not to watch this Idol show either.

Fair enough. I'm sure it's not for everyone. :)

Count Zarth
04-21-2005, 01:16 PM

He's looking for a MAN.

go bowe
04-21-2005, 01:17 PM
now that nadia is gone, my favorite is vonzell...

carrie sings great, but she's so stiff and can't dance a lick... just doesn't have "star" power to me...

constantine is good, but he doesn't catch my fancy (dc, where are you?)...

bo, like has been said, is great at rock songs, but weak everywhere else...

who are those other guys again?

jcroft
04-21-2005, 01:18 PM

Yeah, it said he was looking for a man. So he's definitely either gay or bi -- unless he didn't actually create this profile. But it looks pretty authentic.

chop
04-21-2005, 01:18 PM
Nice job picking that definition out of the tens of them that are listed on urbandictionary.com.

You're not as clever as you think, dude.

How can you be "on the brink" of homosexuality? You either like guys, or you don't. I don't.

I'm just giiving you a hard time. I wasn't meaning no harm to you.

I can't believe you played the "dude" card.

jcroft
04-21-2005, 01:19 PM
now that nadia is gone, my favorite is vonzell...

carrie sings great, but she's so stiff and can't dance a lick... just doesn't have "star" power to me...

She can't dance, that's true. A lot of country stars don't dance, though. It'd be nice if she learns, but I don't think it will hurt her than much in the end.

jcroft
04-21-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm just giiving you a hard time. I wasn't meaning no harm to you.

I can't believe you played the "dude" card.

Dude, (yes, I did it again), you can't hurt me that way -- I assure you you didn't. I embrace my metrosexuality, I have a good number of gay friends, and I even regularly attend "gay night" at a local bar (thank God for straight hot waitresses, or I'd be bored off my ass). I'm used to be mistaken for gay -- doesn't bother me a bit.

No harm done. :D

Count Zarth
04-21-2005, 01:21 PM
I really don't care if Carrie can't dance. Her voice is amazing. I died when she sang "Alone."

Frankie
04-21-2005, 01:22 PM
Yeah, it said he was looking for a man. So he's definitely either gay or bi -- unless he didn't actually create this profile. But it looks pretty authentic.
I clicked on that link and didn't see he was looking for a man. Did I miss something? :shrug:

Count Zarth
04-21-2005, 01:22 PM
I have a good number of gay friends, and I even regularly attend "gay night" at a local bar

Whoa. Now THAT'S GAY.

jcroft
04-21-2005, 01:23 PM
I clicked on that link and didn't see he was looking for a man. Did I miss something? :shrug:

Yep. It sounds like you missed the "I'm looking for..." section.

jcroft
04-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Whoa. Now THAT'S GAY.

Well, yeah. That's why it's called "gay night."

Count Zarth
04-21-2005, 01:24 PM

Click on the "I AM LOOKING FOR" tab. He's GAY!

go bowe
04-21-2005, 01:25 PM
I really don't care if Carrie can't dance. . .that's just because you can't dance either... :p :p :p

Count Zarth
04-21-2005, 01:26 PM
that's just because you can't dance either... :p :p :p

Actually I can dance fairly well. You'd have to point a gun at my head or get me loaded to cut a rug in public, though.

jcroft
04-21-2005, 01:26 PM
Click on the "I AM LOOKING FOR" tab. He's GAY!

Yeah, and apparently it's not possible for gochiefs to type the word "gay" without his CAPS LOCK KEY depressed. OH MY GOD HE'S GAY WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?!

Grow up, man.

Frankie
04-21-2005, 01:29 PM
Yep. It sounds like you missed the "I'm looking for..." section.

OK I saw it. So Anwar is gay. And a hell of a singer.

Count Zarth
04-21-2005, 01:30 PM
Yeah, and apparently it's not possible for gochiefs to type the word "gay" without his CAPS LOCK KEY depressed. OH MY GOD HE'S GAY WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?!

Grow up, man.

Wrong.

go bowe
04-21-2005, 01:35 PM
Click on the "I AM LOOKING FOR" tab. He's GAY!why are yelling so much lately? :eek:

we're not all like chiefs4me or badgirl, so why are you yelling at us all the time? :shrug:

Count Zarth
04-21-2005, 01:38 PM
why are yelling so much lately? :eek:

we're not all like chiefs4me or badgirl, so why are you yelling at us all the time? :shrug:

If you're referring to my "THANKYOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION" tangent, it's not yelling.

go bowe
04-21-2005, 01:42 PM
If you're referring to my "THANKYOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION" tangent, it's not yelling.when i was in elementary school, we were taught that typing in caps on the internet is yelling, or screaming, as the case may be...

in simple terms,

CAPS = yelling out loud :harumph: :harumph: :harumph: (these are "so there" smilies)

Count Zarth
04-21-2005, 01:48 PM
when i was in elementary school, we were taught that typing in caps on the internet is yelling, or screaming, as the case may be...

in simple terms,

CAPS = yelling out loud :harumph: :harumph: :harumph: (these are "so there" smilies)

I guess you thought FAX was yelling too.

SBK
04-21-2005, 02:19 PM
lil momma watches this shit so unfortunately I know what's going on. I agree that Carrie is the one to beat.

I could make the exact same post. ROFL

jcroft
04-21-2005, 04:01 PM
when i was in elementary school, we were taught that typing in caps on the internet is yelling, or screaming, as the case may be...

in simple terms,

My favorite part of this post is that you were in elementary school learning about the internet. That's just bizarre to me. :)

I started using the internet in high school, but I'm pretty sure none of my teachers had heard of it yet.

Baby Lee
04-21-2005, 04:19 PM
when i was in elementary school, we were taught that writing on the back of a shovel with a lump of coal in caps is yelling, or screaming, as the case may be...
Fixed your post.

Sorry dude, elementary school, gobo, and internet are three terms that just don't do togther. ;)
Heck, gobo, elementary school, and indoor plumbing is a stretch to credulity. ROFL ROFL

Tribal Warfare
04-21-2005, 04:30 PM
Bo is a pure rock star, and has great stage presence and voice that everyone is trying to catch up to.

Constintine has marginal talent with his very limited vocal range who's getting by with his looks

jcroft
04-21-2005, 04:35 PM
Bo is a pure rock star, and has great stage presence and voice that everyone is trying to catch up to.

That's slightly overstating it, I think. Bo does have good stage presence and would seem to be a star in the making, but his voice is not <em>that</em> great. It's better than Constintine, yes, but he's not the next Eddie Vedder or anything. He's as good as most rock stars these days, but not any better.

Don't get me wrong -- I like him a lot. I'm just not sure about "everyone trying to catch up" to him.

Constintine has marginal talent with his very limited vocal range who's getting by with his looks

And I'll say it again -- that's part of the game. Half of America's pop stars have marginal talent, and they still sell millions (whether you like it or not). This isn't a singing contest alone.

go bowe
04-21-2005, 04:52 PM
I guess you thought FAX was yelling too.well, he was a little loud at times, yes...

but i miss that character, i surely do...

go bowe
04-21-2005, 04:54 PM
My favorite part of this post is that you were in elementary school learning about the internet. That's just bizarre to me. :)

I started using the internet in high school, but I'm pretty sure none of my teachers had heard of it yet.why is it bizarre?

i'm only 57... :D :D :D

go bowe
04-21-2005, 04:56 PM
Fixed your post.

Sorry dude, elementary school, gobo, and internet are three terms that just don't do togther. ;)
Heck, gobo, elementary school, and indoor plumbing is a stretch to credulity. ROFL ROFLyou mean people actually have indoor plumbing these days?

i've got to try harder to keep up... :( :( :(

Tribal Warfare
04-21-2005, 05:08 PM
That's slightly overstating it, I think. Bo does have good stage presence and would seem to be a star in the making, but his voice is not that great. It's better than Constintine, yes, but he's not the next Eddie Vedder or anything. He's as good as most rock stars these days, but not any better.

Don't get me wrong -- I like him a lot. I'm just not sure about "everyone trying to catch up" to him.

Bo Bice is the geniune article, if he is as good a poet that Vedder is I would classify him in that range.

Sure-Oz
04-21-2005, 05:09 PM
That show still isn't over?