PDA

View Full Version : SI's Dr Z's Mock Draft

KChiefs1
04-21-2005, 02:22 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/dr_z/04/21/mock.draft.expanded.part1/index.html

Has Thomas Davis to the Chiefs. :clap:

Bob Dole
04-21-2005, 02:24 PM
What? No Matt Jones in the first round?

Dr. Z is a drunk.

ChiefsCountry
Dr. Z is an idiot.

Mr. Laz
i'm gonna hold all you Thomas Davis groupies responsible when we have 2 dozen safeties on the roster and still can't cover a freakin' receiver anywhere on the field.

Brock
04-21-2005, 02:26 PM
i'm gonna hold all you Thomas Davis groupies responsible when we have 2 dozen safeties on the roster and still can't cover a freakin' receiver anywhere on the field.

If we're relying on a rookie CB to cover Randy Moss, we're pretty much fooked anyway.

Bob Dole
04-21-2005, 02:28 PM
If we're relying on a rookie CB to cover Randy Moss, we're pretty much fooked anyway.

Not if it's Matt Jones!

patteeu
04-21-2005, 02:37 PM
Not if it's Matt Jones!

Who would win in a fight between Matt Jones and Eli Manning?

Chest Rockwell
04-21-2005, 02:39 PM

I think the real question is who would win in a fight between Matt Jones and Rich Scanlon?

I smell Pay-Per-View.

Bob Dole
04-21-2005, 03:00 PM

Erasmus Jones.

Tribal Warfare
04-21-2005, 03:01 PM
KC better put Thomas Davis at OLB :cuss:

Matt Jones would kick Scanlons ass rochambeaurochambeau

whoman69
04-21-2005, 03:15 PM
Matt Jones has all the WR credentials that Eric Crouch did and will probably end up with the same result.

Hydrae
04-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Matt Jones has all the WR credentials that Eric Crouch did and will probably end up with the same result.

As a safety for the KC Chiefs? :Lin:

JimNasium
04-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Erasmus Jones.
Damn you badbobby, beat me to it. :cuss:

Bob Dole
04-21-2005, 03:27 PM

You're crazy. CRAZY!

htismaqe
04-21-2005, 03:50 PM

:bravo:

LiL stumppy
04-21-2005, 04:08 PM
Meh,I say trade for surtain and draft a OLB.

penguinz
04-21-2005, 04:21 PM
Who the F@#k cares about Randy Moss. There are 14 other games during the season.

Brock
04-21-2005, 04:51 PM
Who the F@#k cares about Randy Moss. There are 14 other games during the season.

No shit, Sherlock. It might interest you to note that we also face Terrell Owens, Eric Moulds, Chad Johnson, etc. We can't even cover Keenan freaking McCardell at this point.

ILChief
04-21-2005, 05:22 PM
if we draft a safety when Carlos Rogers is available I'll be in the market for a new TV.

Tribal Warfare
04-21-2005, 05:29 PM
if we draft a safety when Carlos Rogers is available I'll be in the market for a new TV.

If they put Davis at OLB I'll have no problem with it

suds79
04-21-2005, 06:02 PM

Which would make sense.

I'm mean, why would the Chiefs actually draft a guy to play the same posistion he played in college?

If they pass up Rogers for a guy who played Safety and try to make a LB out of him, I'll seriously puke and say wake me up in 4 years when we start to climb out of the hole because Carl is gone.

htismaqe
04-21-2005, 06:14 PM
Which would make sense.

I'm mean, why would the Chiefs actually draft a guy to play the same posistion he played in college?

If they pass up Rogers for a guy who played Safety and try to make a LB out of him, I'll seriously puke and say wake me up in 4 years when we start to climb out of the hole because Carl is gone.

The guy has played LB before and has been compared by most to Derrick Brooks.

So go ahead and puke. :rolleyes:

The rest of us will enjoy watching a PLAYMAKER which we haven't had since 1997.

penguinz
04-21-2005, 08:36 PM
No shit, Sherlock. It might interest you to note that we also face Terrell Owens, Eric Moulds, Chad Johnson, etc. We can't even cover Keenan freaking McCardell at this point.You just proved my point. Stop bitching about Moss when he is the least of our worries.

ChiefsCountry
04-21-2005, 08:39 PM
No shit, Sherlock. It might interest you to note that we also face Terrell Owens, Eric Moulds, Chad Johnson, etc. We can't even cover Keenan freaking McCardell at this point.

McCardell please. On ESPN tonight, they showed one Chargers highlight all night it was McCleon getting beat by Floyd. Their seldom used practice squad type receiver. That is how sad it is.

milkman
04-21-2005, 08:41 PM

The problem is that we are even more fooked if we have to rely on Battle and Bartee to cover him.

**** it, Carl Peterson is the GM.
We're already fooked! :mad:

Coogs
04-21-2005, 08:46 PM

Heck. If they leave him at Safety, I'll have no problem with it. Our whole secondary sucked last season, not just the CB's.

suds79
04-21-2005, 08:47 PM
The guy has played LB before and has been compared by most to Derrick Brooks.

So go ahead and puke. :rolleyes:

The rest of us will enjoy watching a PLAYMAKER which we haven't had since 1997.

Oh he has played LB before? Oh well nevermind then. I feel so much better now knowing he has some LB experience. :shake:

Tribal Warfare
04-21-2005, 08:53 PM
Oh he has played LB before? Oh well nevermind then. I feel so much better now knowing he has some LB experience. :shake:

The guy is 6'0'' 230lbs really compact and ideal size for a weakside LB that can lay down a pulvorizing hit.

eazyb81
04-21-2005, 09:12 PM
Which would make sense.

Sigh....

Mel Kiper has Davis ranked as his #2 OLB in this draft behind DJ....he doesn't even consider him a safety.

Brian Urlacher was a safety in college and played LB his first year in the league. He sure sucked it up....wait no he didn't, he was defensive rookie of the year and a pro bowler his first year.

Davis is 6'1", 233.....Many top LBs in this year's draft are his size are smaller, such as Odell Thurman (6'0" 233), Kirk Morrison (6'1" 233), Matt McCoy (6'0" 233). Of course, those guys all run a 4.6 or slower.....Davis runs a 4.4, is a total playmaker, and is the best tackler in this draft.

htismaqe
04-22-2005, 05:25 AM
Sigh....

Mel Kiper has Davis ranked as his #2 OLB in this draft behind DJ....he doesn't even consider him a safety.

Brian Urlacher was a safety in college and played LB his first year in the league. He sure sucked it up....wait no he didn't, he was defensive rookie of the year and a pro bowler his first year.

Davis is 6'1", 233.....Many top LBs in this year's draft are his size are smaller, such as Odell Thurman (6'0" 233), Kirk Morrison (6'1" 233), Matt McCoy (6'0" 233). Of course, those guys all run a 4.6 or slower.....Davis runs a 4.4, is a total playmaker, and is the best tackler in this draft.

Don't bother dude.

Some people just don't care to get educated.

ct
04-22-2005, 07:09 AM
Sigh....

Mel Kiper also just picked Demarcus Ware as a DE for KC at 15 last night. With I might add, Pac-Man and Thomas Davis and Mike Williams still on the board.

htismaqe
04-22-2005, 07:38 AM
Mel Kiper also just picked Demarcus Ware as a DE for KC at 15 last night. With I might add, Pac-Man and Thomas Davis and Mike Williams still on the board.

Maybe Mel Kiper think DE is the Chiefs' biggest need...

whoman69
04-22-2005, 08:19 AM
Maybe Mel Kiper think DE is the Chiefs' biggest need...
I don't think we would have him play DE. More like the Falcon that DT played for Gun perhaps.