PDA

View Full Version : SI 5 year draft grade

Wile_E_Coyote
04-21-2005, 03:00 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/don_banks/04/20/history_grades_afc_west/index.html

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/smilies/chieflogo.gif D

kc rush
04-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Media bastards and their lousy criticism, er...speculation. What do they know.

Their worst teams:

Chiefs - D
Dolphins - D
Redskins - D
Browns - F

JimNasium
04-21-2005, 03:22 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/don_banks/04/20/history_grades_afc_west/index.html

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/smilies/chieflogo.gif D
Yep. Pretty much. :shake: :(

Hoover
04-21-2005, 03:22 PM
Well its because we have drafter every DT bust out there.

Do they factor in the Trent Green DV trade?

CosmicPal
04-21-2005, 03:24 PM
I'd almost give them an F

Any team and support staff that spends that much time analyzing players and pulls off such bad picks in the early rounds should be fired. The only reason they aren't getting an F is their mid to late rounds salvages them. But, the sad fact is- they've blown their chances with getting playmakers early.

TEX
04-21-2005, 03:26 PM
We're easily the worst in the division over that span. And Carl gets a new deal because the seats are filled... :shake:

Mr. Laz
04-21-2005, 03:33 PM
Well its because we have drafter every DT bust out there.

Do they factor in the Trent Green DV trade?
Trent Green was not a draft pick

i believe this was about the ability to draft good players, not avoid drafting players by trading your picks away.

Mile High Mania
04-21-2005, 03:49 PM
We're easily the worst in the division over that span. And Carl gets a new deal because the seats are filled... :shake:

You guys hate Peterson with a passion, but it's your passionate love for the Chiefs that keep him employed. Crazy when you think about it.

beavis
04-21-2005, 03:50 PM
You guys hate Peterson with a passion, but it's your passionate love for the Chiefs that keep him employed. Crazy when you think about it.
Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

ck_IN
04-21-2005, 03:59 PM
I'd say a D is about right. I loved when they pointed out how we spent a 3rd on Stickboy. The Downing pick was bad, but the Minnis pick was so bad it was funny.

Mr. Laz
04-21-2005, 04:00 PM
Damned if we do, damned if we don't.
:huh:

Saulbadguy
04-21-2005, 04:01 PM
I'd almost give them an F

Any team and support staff that spends that much time analyzing players and pulls off such bad picks in the early rounds should be fired. The only reason they aren't getting an F is their mid to late rounds salvages them. But, the sad fact is- they've blown their chances with getting playmakers early.
I'd also love to fire whoever is in charge of accurately predicting whether or not our first round picks will sustain injuries that will end their careers in the NFL prematurely.

Deberg_1990
04-21-2005, 04:02 PM

Very well said. Its sad that Lamar mistakes that passion for the team as anything that Carl has done over the past 10 years.

Taco John
04-21-2005, 04:05 PM
I think the Broncos got screwed... No credit for some great linebacker drafting. We should at least crack a B- for that and our runningback drafts... Those two positions are the backbone of the team, and we're finishing among the tops of the league in both.

crossbow
04-21-2005, 06:00 PM
Media bastards and their lousy criticism, er...speculation. What do they know.

Their worst teams:

Chiefs - D
Dolphins - D
Redskins - D
Browns - F

Haha, I love it. Rep

whoman69
04-21-2005, 07:24 PM
San Diego better get at least a B for the picks they've had, 3 top five draft picks in that time period.

I think in giving a D to the Chiefs. No stars in that time and only 3 starters (Wesley, Fujita, Sims). These guys haven't even made our team depth any better because many of them are not able to adequately fill in for anything other than special teams.

Reaper16
04-21-2005, 07:34 PM
And most are even horrible at special teams! D is proably accurate, but it sure feels like an F.

Maybe we can grade them an FU? As in a big ol FU those who are not real fans. After all, the real fans have never complained about his draft ineptitude. :banghead: