PDA

View Full Version : oakland going after Surtain?

Mr. Laz
04-21-2005, 04:50 PM
a rumor from cali radio...

faiders trying to replace buchanon with Surtain

they have an extra 3rd rounder now

:shrug:

Bwana
04-21-2005, 04:51 PM
It that went down this board would implode.

nychief
04-21-2005, 04:52 PM
Of course.

tk13
04-21-2005, 04:52 PM
You would enjoy that, wouldn't you laz? :)

If that happens, I don't wanna be here. Of course, I don't think there'll be much of a server left if that happens.

jcroft
04-21-2005, 04:54 PM
The only thing that could be worse than us not getting the Surtain deal done is Oakland getting the Surtain deal done.

Wile_E_Coyote
04-21-2005, 04:56 PM
610 sports radio said, ESPN reported the deal between Miami & KC should be done by noon tomorrow. 610 has been wrong before & so has ESPN

~grain of salt highly suggested

HolmeZz
04-21-2005, 04:58 PM
There's absolutely positively no way on Earth Oakland could afford Surtain without getting rid of Woodson. And no one's going to take Woodson.

Mr. Laz
04-21-2005, 04:58 PM
You would enjoy that, wouldn't you laz? :)
of course not ...

just because i don't subscribe your happy-happy joy-joy way of ignoring the reality of the Chiefs, doesn't mean i wish for bad things to happen.

i want the chiefs to get good players and have success

IMO Carl's incompetence hinders my wish ... and that pisses me off.

Sure-Oz
04-21-2005, 04:59 PM
I heard on ESPN that Mortenson said that they would decide what they (Chiefs) wanted to do by tomorrow. Meaning what???

Mr. Laz
04-21-2005, 05:00 PM
~grain of salt highly suggested
yeppers... same with this surtain/faider radio thing

just a rumor ... but it might mean they are trying

Brock
04-21-2005, 05:01 PM
The Chiefs are not trading for Surtain. Get used to it, you'll feel better.

tk13
04-21-2005, 05:03 PM
of course not ...

just because i don't subscribe your happy-happy joy-joy way of ignoring the reality of the Chiefs, doesn't mean i wish for bad things to happen.

i want the chiefs to get good players and have success

IMO Carl's incompetence hinders my wish ... and that pisses me off.
You ignore reality far more than I ever do... I don't have a signature full of quotes that indicate I hope we fail this offseason. Either way I'm just flipping you crap. :)

tk13
04-21-2005, 05:04 PM
I say let Carl go tough SOB, make all of his picks for this year's draft, then trade next year's 3rd for Surtain. :)

KChiefs1
04-21-2005, 05:09 PM
Let's see Surtain is $8.3 million & Woodson is $10.5 million cap hits...if the Raiders want to have almost $19 on their CB's along with Moss's salary...let them do it! :clap:

I just don't see how the Raiders can afford to do that though. :shake:

nychief
04-21-2005, 05:14 PM
The Mort Report thing was pointless.... he just said it will take a 2nd to get it done and that he *thinks* it will get done by noon tomorrow - or not at all. Never cited a source or anything... pure speculation.

Thig Lyfe
04-21-2005, 05:22 PM
If the Texans give up a &#$^@ 2nd AND 3rd rounder for Philip Buchanon, why can't we trade a 2nd for Patrick Surtain?

Warrior5
04-21-2005, 05:22 PM
I wouldn't put it past that scumbag to make a move on Surtain simply to spite the Chiefs or drive up the price.

Don't underestimate Greasy Al...if there's a legal (or illegal) way to manipulate the cap to fit Surtain in, he'll find it.

Mr. Laz
04-21-2005, 05:43 PM
You ignore reality far more than I ever do... I don't have a signature full of quotes that indicate I hope we fail this offseason. Either way I'm just flipping you crap. :)
i appreciate the crap flip... :moon:

but you miss the spot more than a virgin geek trying to stick it in a girl for the first time.

my signature does NOT indicate what i want to happen. It's a merely a reminder to the people who continue to underestimate Carl peterson's ability to screw things up.

personally i hope carl has the best draft in the history of the NFL ... i hope he pulls off my dream draft ( "dream draft" (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=114486))

but that doesn't mean i have any faith, in the worthless sack of flesh GM we have, to actually accomplish it.

SoCalRaider
04-21-2005, 05:55 PM
There's absolutely positively no way on Earth Oakland could afford Surtain without getting rid of Woodson. And no one's going to take Woodson.
Good news for me... shit news for you... but according to some radio stations out here, the Redskins are currently negotiating a long term deal with Woodson's agent.

ROFL

Mr. Laz
04-21-2005, 06:00 PM
Good news for me... shit news for you... but according to some radio stations out here, the Redskins are currently negotiating a long term deal with Woodson's agent.

ROFL
might be why washington traded for the 25th pick from denver ... so they could trade it to the faiders for woodson and still have a 1st round pick.

:hmmm:

TEX
04-21-2005, 06:01 PM
The Chiefs are not trading for Surtain. Get used to it, you'll feel better.

I did and I'm over it already. I have no doubt that after the draft, the CHIEFS will have done the LEAST in the AFC West to improve. ROFL

Woodrow Call
04-21-2005, 06:02 PM

ROFL

Aw Peaches :banghead:

htismaqe
04-21-2005, 06:03 PM

ROFL

Yeah, Washington spent the last 2 years ridding themselves of CB's that they felt weren't performing commensurate with their paychecks...

I'm sure they're lining up to sign Woodson.

:rolleyes:

Logical
04-21-2005, 06:09 PM
I did and I'm over it already. I have no doubt that after the draft, the CHIEFS will have done the LEAST in the AFC West to improve. ROFLWhile we almost always agree on football takes, I am pretty sure that San Diego is going to hold that honor this year.

SoCalRaider
04-21-2005, 06:11 PM
might be why washington traded for the 25th pick from denver ... so they could trade it to the faiders for woodson and still have a 1st round pick.

:hmmm:Yep... I think if a trade goes down, it has to be the skins b/c Snyder is the only owner foolish enough to deal with C. Poston

htismaqe
04-21-2005, 06:12 PM
Yeah, Washington spent the last 2 years ridding themselves of CB's that they felt weren't performing commensurate with their paychecks...

I'm sure they're lining up to sign Woodson.

:rolleyes:

The more I think about this, the dumber it gets.

Why would Washington TRADE with Oakland and take on Woodson's salary demands when they could give up LESS and get a REAL CB from Miami?

Answer? They wouldn't.

HolmeZz
04-21-2005, 06:15 PM
Washington wouldn't pay Smoot. Why are they going to not ONLY pay for Woodson, but ALSO give up a 1st rounder to do so?

Bob Dole
04-21-2005, 06:18 PM
Bob Dole thinks it is probably some bullshit called in by an inmate.

SoCalRaider
04-21-2005, 06:19 PM

Why would Washington TRADE with Oakland and take on Woodson's salary demands when they could give up LESS and get a REAL CB from Miami?

Answer? They wouldn't.You need to try watching a football game for a change. Surtain is a zone CB who is a liability against the run. Woodson is a man coverage CB who is 2nd to none against the run. Since the Skins don't play a zone defense, Woodson would be a much better fit for what they do.

SoCalRaider
04-21-2005, 06:20 PM
Washington wouldn't pay Smoot. Why are they going to not ONLY pay for Woodson, but ALSO give up a 1st rounder to do so?Maybe that's because Smoot sucks.

Woodrow Call
04-21-2005, 06:20 PM
Bob Dole thinks it is probably some bullshit called in by an inmate.

I heard Matt Jones started the rumor.

Mr. Laz
04-21-2005, 06:22 PM

Answer? They wouldn't.

ya, but by using your same perspective ... why the heck are the chiefs the only person interested in Surtain at all?

apparently some people don't think he's as good

CoMoChief
This board, along with all KC Chiefs fans would errupt. It's one thing for Carl to **** this trade up, but it's another thing to let him go to the Raiders.

Damn you Carl nut up and get Surtain.

eazyb81
F#CK YOU CARL, F#CK YOU!!!

(just practicing for Saturday...)

HolmeZz
04-21-2005, 06:23 PM
Surtain's a zone CB who's liable against the run? ROFL

You're friggin out of your mind, dude. Woodson's as overrated as any player in this league.

SoCalRaider
04-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Surtain's a zone CB who's liable against the run? ROFL

You're friggin out of your mind, dude. Woodson's as overrated as any player in this league.
:ZZZ:

htismaqe
04-21-2005, 06:50 PM
You need to try watching a football game for a change. Surtain is a zone CB who is a liability against the run. Woodson is a man coverage CB who is 2nd to none against the run. Since the Skins don't play a zone defense, Woodson would be a much better fit for what they do.

OMG. I can't even reply.

It's not often I find myself at a loss for words, but this complete and utter retardation has left me speechless.

whoman69
04-21-2005, 07:05 PM
This is one of those rumors, like Al has a soul. Just a rumor, no basis in truth.

Skip Towne
04-21-2005, 07:07 PM
While we almost always agree on football takes, I am pretty sure that San Diego is going to hold that honor this year.
Why do you say this? Doesn't Marty have a ton of draft picks saved up?

Skip Towne
04-21-2005, 07:10 PM
OMG. I can't even reply.

It's not often I find myself at a loss for words, but this complete and utter retardation has left me speechless.
Pssst! (He's a Raiders fan)

ct
04-21-2005, 07:13 PM

:hmmm:

This would be good news, then Washington is out of the CB market with #9, and Carlos falls to 15.

Ari Chi3fs
04-21-2005, 07:16 PM
While we almost always agree on football takes, I am pretty sure that San Diego is going to hold that honor this year.

Yeah San Diego should have done something to shore up their defense. Their O is the potent force on that team.

Hoover
04-21-2005, 07:26 PM
Didn't they pick up an extra 2nd rounder?

Trade Buchannon for a 2nd and 3rd, use the 2nd for Surtain.

Sounds great, but they don't have cap room for Woodson let alone Woodson and Surtain.

Mr. Laz
04-21-2005, 07:32 PM
Didn't they pick up an extra 2nd rounder?

Trade Buchannon for a 2nd and 3rd, use the 2nd for Surtain.

Sounds great, but they don't have cap room for Woodson let alone Woodson and Surtain.

i think that's kinda the rumor

trade buchannon for the pick to trade for surtain

trade woodson for the low 1st rounder that washington just traded to get.

take a cornerback with pick from washington(marlin jackson)

2 new cornerbacks for the faiders next year ... surtain and a draft pick.

the rumor mill anyway :shrug:

The Bad Guy
04-21-2005, 07:49 PM
You need to try watching a football game for a change. Surtain is a zone CB who is a liability against the run. Woodson is a man coverage CB who is 2nd to none against the run. Since the Skins don't play a zone defense, Woodson would be a much better fit for what they do.

Surtain is a corner that was on the top pass D in the NFL.

Woodson is a scab that gets burned repeatedly and if you have so many good run support guys, why can't you stop anyone.

htismaqe
04-21-2005, 07:51 PM
This would be good news, then Washington is out of the CB market with #9, and Carlos falls to 15.

No, it would be HORRIBLE news, because it would likely mean Surtain going to Oakland.

We need Surtain INFINITELY more than we need a rookie, no matter who he is.

Logical
04-21-2005, 07:55 PM
No, it would be HORRIBLE news, because it would likely mean Surtain going to Oakland.

We need Surtain INFINITELY more than we need a rookie, no matter who he is.

Amen, wish I felt we were going to get Surtain. But to tell you my state of mind on the matter I was actually disappointed today when I read Dyson had signed with the Seahawks, I saw him as our true last resort. (Course maybe I am wrong about Ty Law, one can only hope)

Gav Daddy
04-21-2005, 08:09 PM
with what, al's good looks? we're strapped.

SoCalRaider
04-21-2005, 08:27 PM
Surtain is a corner that was on the top pass D in the NFL.Thanks for making my point for me... A great pass D is a combination of pass rush and secondary... Not to take anything away from Surtain, but a lot of his success has come from that great pass rush.

Woodson is a scab that gets burned repeatedly:ZZZ:

and if you have so many good run support guys, why can't you stop anyone.Teams averaged 3.7 yards a carry against our rush defense. The problem with our D was the inability to make a stop on third downs.

Coogs
04-21-2005, 08:43 PM
This board, along with all KC Chiefs fans would errupt. It's one thing for Carl to **** this trade up, but it's another thing to let him go to the Raiders.

Damn you Carl nut up and get Surtain.

Not all Chiefs fans. I want Law and our draft picks.

TEX
04-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Not all Chiefs fans. I want Law and our draft picks.

Seems you're going to get your wish. Course after the draft there might be more interest in Law coming from other teams that still need a CB. He will go to the highest bidder and we KNOW it won't be us. I'd much rather trade our # 2 (I'm basing this on the "gems" we've selected in that round over the years) and get a proven CB that will help immediately and take my chances that we won't BLOW our first rounder -than to take a chance on Ty Law being healthy. Law has always been a "fall back" cause he wasn't our # 1 CB target or even #2 for that matter. There's a reason for that. Just my take.

Taco John
04-21-2005, 08:53 PM
The only thing that could be worse than us not getting the Surtain deal done is Oakland getting the Surtain deal done.

What if the Broncos got the Surtain deal done? We've got three third rounders... :)

Wile_E_Coyote
04-21-2005, 09:08 PM
What if the Broncos got the Surtain deal done? We've got three third rounders... :)

being a Raider or Bronco would hurt Surtain's possible INT totals :p

Cochise
04-21-2005, 09:16 PM

Answer? They wouldn't.

Why anyone would acquire Woodson when Surtain is available boggles me. Even if you discount Woodson's baggage and and the fact that he hasn't played a full season since 2001.

bigbucks24
04-21-2005, 09:22 PM
I say let Carl go tough SOB, make all of his picks for this year's draft, then trade next year's 3rd for Surtain. :)

You think Surtain could be had for next year's 3rd? Generally, next year's picks are equal in value to a round later this year. That means you would get Surtain for the value of a 4th this year? :shake:

bigbucks24
04-21-2005, 09:32 PM
Surtain is a zone CB.

O won't speak on Woodson, because I have not seen him enough, but DAM! Surtain is a zone corner? I strongly disagree. I am by no means a foorball expert, but I have seen enough Dolphin games to know that Pat is definitely a man-to-man guy.

htismaqe
04-22-2005, 05:28 AM
Why are you guys still arguing with SoCalRetard?