PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins Digest Admin says....

KChiefs1
04-21-2005, 09:18 PM
http://mb4.scout.com/fdolphinsfansfrm1.showMessage?topicID=12737.topic

Claiming deal is close... :hmmm:

He also says it's for the Chiefs 2nd rounder NEXT year too. :p

jspchief
04-21-2005, 09:19 PM
Is his last name Athan?

eazyb81
04-21-2005, 09:20 PM
awesome, the guy that broke the news says he thinks it may be for next year's 2nd rounder.....that would kick ass.

VonneMarie
Here we go again! :rolleyes:

ZootedGranny
The question is, if his source is correct, is the deal with the Chiefs like we assume?

Pants
04-21-2005, 09:21 PM
GAH! GET IT DONE CARL!

jspchief
04-21-2005, 09:22 PM
Here's my favorite post:

this draft is gonna be like christmas....we are too historic a franchise to not have things work out for us this draft.

And I thought Chiefs fans had a sense of entitlement. :shake:

beer bacon
04-21-2005, 09:22 PM
I believed every word he said, because it was exactly what I wanted to hear.

TEX
04-21-2005, 09:28 PM
As close as Trotter, Rolle, Hartwell, or K.J.??? :hmmm:

I'll believe it when I see it. All this is just talk. STFU

CanadianChief
04-21-2005, 09:30 PM
He forgot to mention that Priest was part of the deal

Deberg_1990
04-21-2005, 09:30 PM
awesome, the guy that broke the news says he thinks it may be for next year's 2nd rounder.....that would kick ass.

exactly, because if we pick up Surtain and go deep into the playoffs or Super Bowl, it would be a high 2nd rounder. DEFINATELY worth it.

Chiefnj
04-21-2005, 09:35 PM
Look at the website. It is the Dolphins equivalent to WPI. It also looks like all writers for that company are provided with the George W. Bush dictionary and thesaurus. What the hell is a spectular? Isn't that an instrument a gyno uses?

The Bad Guy
04-21-2005, 09:35 PM
I'm taking 8 to 1 odds his source is Nick Athan because WPI and Dolphins Digest are run by the same company - Scout.com.

siberian khatru
04-21-2005, 09:38 PM
on 610 they said that the deal was going to be announced tomorrow

Anybody confirm this?

Saulbadguy
04-21-2005, 09:38 PM
I'm taking 8 to 1 odds his source is Nick Athan because WPI and Dolphins Digest are run by the same company - Scout.com.
They are all independently ran sites, though. Phog.net and Kstatefans are both run under Scout.com, and they are pretty much always accurate when it comes to their reporting. It just depends on the reporter...in this case, WPI got the short end of the stick.

Phobia
04-21-2005, 09:42 PM

From Chiefscoalition:

It technically is the Dolphins equivalent to WPI, because they're both part of Scout.com. And if you look at the WPI message board, the Dolphins board mod who made that post has been posting there. And he admits that the "source" who told him the deal was almost done was just something that WPI's Nick Athan said on the WPI boards.

So this Dolphins guy doesn't know anything. He knows less than nothing.
http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=26683

Chiefnj
04-21-2005, 09:43 PM
BREAKING NEWS, I JUST HEARD IT ON ESPN RADIO ...

Hartwell says he will have a decision in 48 hours.

siberian khatru
04-21-2005, 09:50 PM
BREAKING NEWS, I JUST HEARD IT ON ESPN RADIO ...

Hartwell says he will have a decision in 48 hours.

Generalissimo Francisco Franco is STILL dead!

the Talking Can
04-21-2005, 10:01 PM
all of these rumors and nonsense are coming from the idiots at warpaint....it's amazing how the posters differ from site to site...there is some kind of internet stupid magnet at that place, they make us look like real geniouseses

Cochise
04-21-2005, 10:02 PM
This just in - Nick Athan reporting that KC has acquired Patrick Surtain, Jason Taylor, and Snowflake the dolphin for Larry Johnson, a bottle of Jean Luis Vermeil, and a box of fish sticks.

Cochise
04-21-2005, 10:02 PM
all of these rumors and nonsense are coming from the idiots at warpaint....it's amazing how the posters differ from site to site...there is some kind of internet stupid magnet at that place, they make us look like real geniouseses

I wonder if he knows what a joke his site is. Same with profootballtalk.

big nasty kcnut
04-21-2005, 10:05 PM
This just in

Todd blackledge still sucks.

Phobia
04-21-2005, 10:07 PM
I wonder if he knows what a joke his site is. Same with profootballtalk.

He's making more money at his site than all the other Chiefs sites combined, so he must be doing something right.

Doesn't mean he's credible.... or he can speak proper English....

nychief
04-21-2005, 10:08 PM
"all of these rumors and nonsense are coming from the idiots at warpaint....it's amazing how the posters differ from site to site...there is some kind of internet stupid magnet at that place, they make us look like real geniouseses"

AMEN BROTHER

Sure-Oz
04-21-2005, 10:13 PM
That guy is such a douche, i cant believe he was on 38 with jack harry, wait yea i can hah

the Talking Can
04-21-2005, 10:18 PM
a thread at warpaint consisits of this:

bigdoggyKC: I heard a rumor in the men's bathroom at Hardee's that the Chiefs have acquired Peyton Manning for Brian Shay and a 6th...

bigdogChief: Chiefsinsider, is this true? that would be so awesome...

superdogKC: Chiefsinsider, tell me this is true!! it makes sense!!

doggymanChief: I knew this would happen! I told you all yesterday!

reddogKC: Chiefsinsider, is this true?? Carl is awesome!

doggymanChiefs: you know Chiefsinsider is working the phones right now, he's got the connections!

KCdog1843: it makes perfect sense!!

99doggyChiefs: now, we just need to trade Bartee for the 49ers first rounder....Chiefsinsider, is that possible??

dog11KC: oh my god!! I hope this is true!! Chiefsinsider, is this true?

-----------------------------

that goes on for 20 posts, and then a new thread starts with exactly the same progression....it's like every single poster over there is a victim of lead poisoning....it never changes, and it never stops repeating...and they never discuss anything else

Phobia
04-21-2005, 10:21 PM
a thread at warpaint consisits of this:

Really? I've never viewed that board. I hit a link once and they wanted my digits. I declined. If they had boobies, I'm pretty sure I would have signed up, though.

KCJake
04-21-2005, 10:23 PM
For about 30 seconds, I was really excited :shake:

the Talking Can
04-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Really? I've never viewed that board. I hit a link once and they wanted my digits. I declined. If they had boobies, I'm pretty sure I would have signed up, though.

I forget about it being a membership thing...I get in because I'm signed up at the KU site...my example is not a parody, it is real...right down to the posters all named bigdog-something....

tk13
04-21-2005, 10:27 PM
I think this is Athan's master plan. If he spews out enough bad rumors, people keep posting them here, people get pissed off at all the false rumors, this place is no longer the first stop for Chiefs news, fans stop coming here, journalists stop coming here, traffic drops, the membership disbands, the Planet dies, then Athan starts reporting actual facts and picks up all the fans looking for a place for news, he takes over the world.

Clever... but not clever enough to fool me!

:)

Frankie
04-21-2005, 10:38 PM
Next year's draft is supposed to be more talent-filled than this year's. I don't want to lose a 2 in either draft.

MADDOG MIKE
04-21-2005, 10:47 PM
I keep hearing people say things like "Surtain is a zone corner", or
he's not good against the run" or "he has degenerative knees"...

What a load of crap!

Fact # 1- Surtain has been a PRESS corner since he enter the NFL,
and has EXCELLED at it!

Fact # 2- Surtain CONSISTENTLY leads ALL Miami CB's in tackles
each year.

Fact # 3 Surtain has missed only FOUR games in his ENTIRE CAREER!
( those degenerative knees must be real bad huh?)

Fact # 4- Over the last 5 years , Surtain leads ALL defensive backs
in interceptions with 25 ( notice I said ALL defensive backs, which
includes safties). I believe Ty Law has 19 over the past 5 years,
he's the closed to Surtain, but still far away.

NUFF SAID!!!"

The Bad Guy
04-21-2005, 10:53 PM
Next year's draft is supposed to be more talent-filled than this year's. I don't want to lose a 2 in either draft.

The 2002 draft was talent filled and we took Eddie Freeman.

Trade one of the 2's, I don't care which one.