PDA

View Full Version : Scouts, Inc's Mock Draft rounds 1-7 (Chiefs picks)

KCChiefsFan88
04-21-2005, 10:35 PM
From ESPN Insider:

15. Kansas City Chiefs (7-9)
Carlos Rogers | DC | Auburn
Rogers has good size and speed. Most importantly, he is a physical cover corner with the athletic ability and confidence to play both man-to-man and zone coverage in the NFL. He'd be a perfect fit in coordinator Gunther Cunningham's aggressive defensive scheme.
Other scenarios:
The team would love for OLB Johnson to slip, but that's highly unlikely, and the Chiefs won't trade up for him.
From what we're now hearing, the Chiefs have no intention of drafting a defensive lineman with this pick. It will either be a cornerback or a safety regardless of whether or not they get a deal done with the Dolphins for Patrick Surtain.
If Rolle and Rogers are off the board, the team would consider DC Jones.
The other option would be DS Thomas Davis with this pick, or trading down to the bottom of the round for FS Brodney Pool.

46. Kansas City Chiefs (7-9)
Kevin Burnett | OLB | Tennessee
Burnett will slip this far because of durability issues but is one of the best athletes at the position in this year's draft. The Chiefs are in dire need of an upgrade in that regard.

99(c). Kansas City: Courtney Roby | WR | Indiana.

116. Kansas City: Vincent Fuller | DS | Virginia Tech.

147. Kansas City (from Detroit): Bill Swancutt | DE | Oregon State.

162. Kansas City (from Green Bay): Ryan Fitzpatrick | QB | Harvard.

187. Kansas City: Daniel Loper | OT | Texas Tech.

199. Kansas City (from Green Bay): Doug Nienhuis | OT | Oregon State.

229. Kansas City: Tim Bulman | DT | Boston College.

238. Kansas City (from Green Bay): Matt Grootegoed | DS/OLB | USC.

DenverChief
04-21-2005, 10:37 PM
Why on Gods green earth would we pick up a QB from Harvard?

nychief
04-21-2005, 10:40 PM
That is the second Moct I have seen with us picking Harvard's Fitzpatrick.... Everything I have read about him says, he has a CHANCE to be backup in the NFL. Great, lets draft a young Jason Garrett.

TEX
04-21-2005, 10:43 PM
or trading down to the bottom of the round for FS Brodney Pool.

I'll throw my fish tank through my TV if that happens! :cuss:

Miles
04-21-2005, 10:45 PM
That is the second Moct I have seen with us picking Harvard's Fitzpatrick.... Everything I have read about him says, he has a CHANCE to be backup in the NFL. Great, lets draft a young Jason Garrett.

Sounds like he fits our profile.

philfree
04-21-2005, 10:46 PM

This is the same Mock I posted last night.

PhilFree:arrow:

TEX
04-21-2005, 10:46 PM

Cause he scored the highest on the Wonderlick and he might be able to help Carl out in future drafts? :hmmm:

DenverChief
04-21-2005, 10:49 PM
Cause he scored the highest on the Wonderlick and he might be able to help Carl out in future drafts? :hmmm:

ROFL I would take a Harvard psych major to come examine carls head

Garcia Bronco
04-21-2005, 10:51 PM
So...he thinks you guys will take another Virginia Tech Saftey? Interesting

Spicy McHaggis
04-21-2005, 10:52 PM
46. Kansas City Chiefs (7-9)
Kevin Burnett | OLB | Tennessee
Burnett will slip this far because of durability issues but is one of the best athletes at the position in this year's draft. The Chiefs are in dire need of an upgrade in that regard.

Somewhere Roy III just pissed himself with joy :p

Woodrow Call
04-21-2005, 10:55 PM
From ESPN Insider
From what we're now hearing, the Chiefs have no intention of drafting a defensive lineman with this pick. It will either be a cornerback or a safety regardless of whether or not they get a deal done with the Dolphins for Patrick Surtain.

So are Wesley and Woods getting cut or traded? If Pool or Davis(if used at S) is drafted I don't see how Wesley or Woods would fit in. :shrug:

I guess I figured that one of them would start at FS.

keg in kc
04-21-2005, 11:28 PM
I'm starting to think that Woods is a June 1 cut because there's so much talk about drafting at safety.

Miles
04-21-2005, 11:30 PM
I'm starting to think that Woods is a June 1 cut because there's so much talk about drafting at safety.

Nah thats where we will get our CB.

J Diddy
04-21-2005, 11:33 PM
Nah thats where we will get our CB.

Don't you mean our linebacker?

Michael Michigan
04-22-2005, 12:17 AM

So he can run next year's draft?

Logical
04-22-2005, 12:28 AM
We better not be f*cking drafting a safety in the first round unless it is Thomas Davis to play OLB :cuss:

J Diddy
04-22-2005, 12:30 AM
So he can run next year's draft?

:hmmm:

In twisted sort of logic, this makes sense.

tk13
04-22-2005, 12:34 AM
I was watching something the other day where his name was brought up as a sleeper QB. Wasn't paying that much attention to it though, I just know they had good things to say about him. If I hadn't been watching that I'd never heard of the guy...

Logical
04-22-2005, 01:19 AM
In all honesty why the hell would someone who was going to get a degree from Harvard want to waste his time being a clipboard holder in the NFL. Not doubting he will but seems like a silly thing to do.

Miles
04-22-2005, 01:29 AM
In all honesty why the hell would someone who was going to get a degree from Harvard want to waste his time being a clipboard holder in the NFL. Not doubting he will but seems like a silly thing to do.

Why not? It pays really well and doesn't even take up the full year.

milkman
04-22-2005, 04:29 AM
Who is scouts inc?
Do they have any credibility?

I ask, because of the contention that they are "hearing" that the Chiefs will select a safety.

I can't believe the Chiefs, with about 100 safeties on their roster, are going into the draft with the idea that we need a safety.

But, it's Carl and Dick, so we're probably screwed, no matter what.

htismaqe
04-22-2005, 05:24 AM
Who is scouts inc?

I ask, because of the contention that they are "hearing" that the Chiefs will select a safety.

I can't believe the Chiefs, with about 100 safeties on their roster, are going into the draft with the idea that we need a safety.

If they're looking "safety" it's because they want Thomas Davis, not because they want, in general, a safety.

milkman
04-22-2005, 05:50 AM
If they're looking "safety" it's because they want Thomas Davis, not because they want, in general, a safety.

But they are saying that if all of the guys we want at 15 are gone, then we'll be looking to trade down to take Brodney Poole, FS.

I think it's total BS, which is why I ask about scouts inc. credibility.

Otter
04-22-2005, 05:59 AM
Even if the Surtain deal does go through we should take a CB with the first pick unless all the 1st round quality picks are gone. The DBs are an absolute joke.

Three exceptions: QB Rodgers or Smith or LB Johnson falls to 15.

SCTrojan
04-22-2005, 06:30 AM
If the draft unfolds like this for us - assuming that Rogers is the pick - I would be very satisfied.

Swanncutt is a solid DE - gets to the quarterback and is constantly motoring. When USC played Oregon State, he was in the backfield all night long.

Grootegoed is an absolute steal as the last pick. He was a smallish linebacker, but he'd be a great special teamer. He was an All-American linebacker at 5-11, 215 - always in the right place, great tackler and has a knack for causing turnovers.

Andoverer
04-22-2005, 06:38 AM
No matter what the pre-draft mocks try to tell us, CP and Vermiel always do something on draft day that no one sees coming. Eddie Freeman, Omar Easy,
Kris Wilson were guys that were not anywhere on my radar screen during those drafts. :shrug:

the Talking Can
04-22-2005, 06:43 AM
No matter what the pre-draft mocks try to tell us, CP and Vermiel always do something on draft day that no one sees coming. Eddie Freeman, Omar Easy,
Kris Wilson were guys that were not anywhere on my radar screen during those drafts. :shrug:

yup, there will always be some picks that NO ONE anticipated...get ready

whoman69
04-22-2005, 08:31 AM
You forgot Mitchell, Downing, Minnis. I think its much of DVs influence because we didn't see alot of it before he got here except perhaps Bartee.

Mark M
04-22-2005, 08:45 AM
I actually like the idea of getting Fitzpatrick from Harvard. He probably won't be the next coming of Joe Montana or anything, but having a young backup QB would be nice.

From all reports, he doesn't have great arm strength, but is accurate and does a good job of reading a defense.

And it's fairly obvious that he's a smart guy--in this week's SI, they quoted one NFL coach as saying (paraphrasing): "Not sure if I want a guy who knows the playbook better than I do."

MM
~~:D

SCTrojan
04-22-2005, 08:52 AM
I actually like the idea of getting Fitzpatrick from Harvard. He probably won't be the next coming of Joe Montana or anything, but having a young backup QB would be nice.

MM
~~:D

Don't know much about this guy other than what I read on the Planet and in SI, but I think the 5th round is the right place to take a flier on a future QB.

Mark M
04-22-2005, 08:53 AM
Don't know much about this guy other than what I read on the Planet and in SI, but I think the 5th round is the right place to take a flier on a future QB.

Exactly, especially when one considers that KC has 2 5th rounders.

Of course, that means they'll probably trade up and pick him in the 3rd ...

MM
~~;)

SCTrojan
04-22-2005, 08:57 AM
Exactly, especially when one considers that KC has 2 5th rounders.

Of course, that means they'll probably trade up and pick him in the 3rd ...

MM
~~;)

ROFL Man, I love the cynicism of this place.

philfree
04-22-2005, 09:10 AM
Who is scouts inc?

Scout's,inc is on ESPN "in" and I think they're as legit as any draft site around. That said Carl & Co. have been talking about upgrading our secondary all offseason and they've included FS in the mix as an upgradable position so drafting players like Davis or Pool should come as no surprise to anyone. As far having FSs on the roster apparently they don't think we have one good enough to be a starter. I have to admit at the end of last season I was ready to scrap our whole secondary so with Surtain and a new FS well have replaced 3/4ths of it keeping the best player in Warfield and ditching the rest. And since Thomas Davis is a stud I like it.

PhilFree:arrow: