PDA

View Full Version : Maz is "doing well"

Mr. Kotter
04-22-2005, 07:37 AM
It's not big news, but it's "better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick." For LB depth, and special teams if Maz is able to make it all the way back.....it would help. Maybe with this news, and Fujita's good prognosis....Barber will be back sooner than expected too.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

With all this good kharma, maybe the football Gods will drop DJ into our laps at 15 too.... :hmmm:

Nah..... :banghead:

Chiefs | Maslowski Injury Update - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 21:58:04 -0700

KCChiefs.com reports Kansas City Chiefs LB Mike Maslowski (knee), who missed all of 2004 with a knee injury, is expected to participate in the team's minicamp sessions in May. "He says he's doing well," head coach Dick Vermeil said. "I think it's a real challenge for him, but I'm looking forward to evaluating him in training camp and even in the minicamps to see what he can do. Through the offseason program and rehab program it's going well and he's very optimistic

Simplex3
04-22-2005, 07:44 AM
I know most people here don't like to see Maz on the field, but you can't argue that a guy with 100+ tackles in a season would be a bad thing at this point, especially if he's already under our cap.

steve_minor
04-22-2005, 07:54 AM
I met a guy at my church who played for the Vikings for 2 or 3 yrs. He grew up with Maz and played college ball with him. They still talk alot and he said that Maz is very optimistic about this year, but that if it did not go well he would be done with football...

whoman69
04-22-2005, 08:08 AM
Stick a fork in him, he's done. Even if he is able to come back, he is only in a backup role now.

redhed
04-22-2005, 08:38 AM
The question is: Which Mad Mike are we going to see? The one that made me a fan of his; flying to the ball, chasing down guys...always loved this guy's motor. Or will we see the gimped-out player past his prime, hanging on for just one more season? It was just sad watching him barely able to walk off the field. If he says he's doing ok, then hopefully we'll see some of the former. I'm not expecting much.

Hoover
04-22-2005, 08:40 AM
If he takes up a roster spot I'm going to be pissed. Move on people. Make him an assistant LB or Special Teams Coach. great story, but his time has passed

donkhater
04-22-2005, 08:52 AM
If this guy comes back to start for this defense, we have serious problems still at linebacker.

If he can regain his form as a special-teamer, I'm all for it.

Gaz
04-22-2005, 08:55 AM
I know most people here don't like to see Maz on the field, but you can't argue that a guy with 100+ tackles in a season would be a bad thing at this point, especially if he's already under our cap.

A reasonable and well-considered thought.

What are you doing on the Planet?

xoxo~
Gaz
Smells a ringer.

Simplex3
If this guy comes back and can still tackle he's ten times better than these young losers you guys are so enthralled with.

Rausch
If he takes up a roster spot I'm going to be pissed. Move on people. Make him an assistant LB or Special Teams Coach. great story, but his time has passed

If healthy, he's great depth at MLB and a monster on special teams...

Skip Towne
04-22-2005, 08:57 AM
Very unlikely I would think.

Mr. Kotter
04-22-2005, 09:16 AM
If healthy, he's great depth at MLB and a monster on special teams...

Yup, that's my take.... :clap:

NOT as a starter, mind you......and IF a third or fourth round rookie OLB were to be him out of that BACK-UP/ST roster spot....that would be fine, but if Maz is truly healthy....why not keep him as insurance?

jcroft
04-22-2005, 09:26 AM
I'd like to see Maz back and playing well. He may never match his 100 tackle season again, but he'd be nice depth at LB and great to have on ST. If nothing else, he brings a great deal of intensity to the field, which we've been lacking. Maz is the type of guy that is easy to root for -- not as much raw talent as other, but he really plays the game the right way. I still love to watch him play.