PDA

View Full Version : How Many RB's Are In Next Years Draft?

Truman in KC
12-24-2000, 10:07 PM
How many first round quality RB's do you guys think are in next years draft. If there are at least 2 or 3 then I think we have a good chance of getting one. There are eleven teams with a worse record than us. If you count the new houston expansion team, that would put us at about the 13th pick. What do you guys think?

AustinChief
12-24-2000, 10:47 PM
The Houston Texans don't pick next year. They don't start until 2002.

--Kyle

Truman in KC
12-24-2000, 11:25 PM
I thought they started next year and that was why we were going to have the realignment next year. Maybe I was wrong.

So we should pick about 12th then. Do you know how many first round quality back there are this year?

AustinChief
12-24-2000, 11:31 PM
Deuce McAllister, Travis Henry, LaMont Jordan, LaDainian Tomlinson and Anthony Thomas are the only backs that I would project going in the first round... I don't even think all of these will go first round.

I really like them all about the same... which translates to 'no superstars' but all decent backs.

--Kyle

ColoradoChief
12-24-2000, 11:33 PM
I've heard some sites saying Michael Bennett could go in the 1st.

Truman in KC
12-24-2000, 11:36 PM
Maybe there will be a good DT at 12. I realy think that Williams will be gone next year. I need to start watching college football so I know what is all out there. What would you spend our first pick on?

AustinChief
12-24-2000, 11:40 PM
If McAllister is around then I would get him...he is the only back that I mentioned that I think is a "sure thing." Otherwise, I would go for defensive talent. The best LB, DE or DT available. Then in the second round I would get an OG or another defensive player.

--Kyle

ColoradoChief
12-24-2000, 11:41 PM
RB. If there wasn't a great one available then I'd go defense.

Truman in KC
12-24-2000, 11:43 PM
LB might be a good route to go. I thought our DE's did a decent job, though. I think Hicks and Clemons got a lot of playing ahead of them.

ColoradoChief
12-24-2000, 11:43 PM
I've heard that McAllister could be a bust because he's injury prone and he splits time in college.

[This message has been edited by G_Man (edited 12-24-2000).]

Truman in KC
12-24-2000, 11:47 PM
We may have to pick up a bad @ss center to replace Grunhard.

I pretty much think that our only areas of need are rb, og , oc, dt, and lb.

ColoradoChief
12-24-2000, 11:47 PM
I asked Adam Teicher whether they were going to extend Clemons and he said Clemons was probably their #2 priority behind Grbac.

ColoradoChief
12-24-2000, 11:51 PM
If we picked a center at #12 in the 1st I'd flip out.

As for our needs, here's how I see them (in no particular order):

backup QB (maybe two)
starting RB (maybe a backup too)
backup FB
solid backup WR (with some hands; preferably bigger than Lockett)
OG
C
KR/PR
DT
backup DE
OLB (with the intentions of moving Maz inside)
CB (even IF both Bartee and Dennis work out, we'll need a quality #3)

ColoradoChief
12-24-2000, 11:52 PM
It might not be a bad idea to pick up another safety too, to groom for the future. Woods is OK, but we could probably do better.

redbrian
12-25-2000, 12:24 AM
If KC is going to get a RB [I still think TRich is the man], then they must sign a free agent RB.

Everyone and their momma knows that Peterson is no judge of skill position talent, especially RB's.

To have Peterson waste another pick on another bust RB would just drive me nuts.

[This message has been edited by Cannibal (edited 12-25-2000).]

redbrian
12-25-2000, 12:27 AM
The upcoming draft should be all defense, o-line and punt/kick returner.

And maybe they could pick up a project QB in the later rounds.

Baby Lee
12-25-2000, 08:21 AM
I agree, Cannibal. I for one would like Ricky Watters, because Garner & Dillon will be far out of the Chiefs' price range.

redbrian
12-25-2000, 10:49 AM
If we are going to replace TRich, the only guy I want to do that is Charlie Garner.

Watters is a cancer and he is old. Dillon is a quitter and a cancer.

We have enough cancer on this team IMO. Garner is the only free agent that has superb talent, to go with good character.

TRich can still be the man though IMO. He averaged well over 4 yards per carry. He had the highest yards per touch average among AFC running backs. He gained almost 1,200 yards from scrimmage despite sharing carries with scrub running backs. He also scored 6tds. Had he carried the rock the entire year, he would have finished in the top 5 in the NFL.

I still hope that he gets a chance next year, for the entire year while sharing minimal carries.

redbrian
12-25-2000, 10:51 AM
And as bad as we need Defense and O-line, he might just get that chance.

Hopefully Carl tells which ever yes man that he hires, that he must use TRich as the starting RB.