PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Johnson signs in Week 7

LTownChief
04-24-2005, 04:31 AM
Carl Peterson will finally sign DJ in week 7 and thus be ineffective this year. It's unfortunate, but that is the precedent.

Ari Chi3fs
04-24-2005, 04:36 AM
WHy dont you do something productive? Like... kicking out that bum roomate of yours...

dont need any negativity during our moment of triumph.

Ghost
04-24-2005, 04:56 AM
Carl Peterson will finally sign DJ in week 7 and thus be ineffective this year. It's unfortunate, but that is the precedent.

Hahahaha......

I hope your wrong dude, no offense.

keg in kc
04-24-2005, 05:02 AM
If we were following precedent this offseason, Johnson wouldn't be here. We'd be bitching about trading down to 24 and taking Brodney Pool or Josh Bullocks.

HemiEd
04-24-2005, 06:01 AM
If we were following precedent this offseason, Johnson wouldn't be here. We'd be bitching about trading down to 24 and taking Brodney Pool or Josh Bullocks.

Very well said Sir! :thumb:

nascher
04-24-2005, 06:50 AM
idiot it happened only once with cp that he couldn't sign the 1st in time (with Ryan Sims).

htismaqe
04-24-2005, 07:12 AM
Yeah, there's alot of precedent for Peterson's 1st-rounders signing halfway through the season, considering it's happened ZERO times.

DeepSouth
04-24-2005, 07:52 AM
Does any one know who DJ's agent is? That seems to make a lot of difference when dealing with Peterson.

Skip Towne
04-24-2005, 07:59 AM
CP is my new hero. He'll get DJ in on time.

4th and Long
04-24-2005, 08:25 AM
I was slightly amused at the clip they played on the news last night about this. It went something like this.

Dick: The young man is a talented football player. He's fast, ... (insert other shining qualities Dick goes on and on about here)

Carl: I hope Dick hasn't talked this guy up too much because I still have to deal with his agent and get him signed. *chuckling*

Dick: He's slow! He can't run at all! *room erupts with laughter*

ROFL

FRCDFED
04-24-2005, 08:30 AM
:bang: :fire:

crossbow
04-24-2005, 08:36 AM
Naw man, let King Carl enjoy his day in the sun. His subjects have forgiven him because he came through in the end. It is time for optimism. A new season begins and we now have the means to reach the promised land. No matter how this years campaign turns out, at least the man did everything he could to make us proud.

LTownChief
04-25-2005, 01:03 AM
WHy dont you do something productive? Like... kicking out that bum roomate of yours...

dont need any negativity during our moment of triumph.

well considering I don't have a bumb roommate :shrug:

LTownChief
04-25-2005, 01:09 AM
Yeah, there's alot of precedent for Peterson's 1st-rounders signing halfway through the season, considering it's happened ZERO times.

ok after a little research I realize I was mistaken about signing midseason, so now I think he will sign in July or August

Dunit35
04-25-2005, 01:10 AM
I'd like to see him get signed as soon as possible (of course). Im sure Carl isnt gonna mess around getting him signed. Are these draft picks allowed to attend mini-camps?

Ari Chi3fs
04-25-2005, 01:10 AM

so you finally kicked out Frank? or whatever his joke name was?

LTownChief
04-25-2005, 01:12 AM
so you finally kicked out Frank? or whatever his joke name was?

I have no clue, you must have me mistaken because I've had 1 roomie for the past 2 years

Miles
04-25-2005, 01:15 AM
I have no clue, you must have me mistaken because I've had 1 roomie for the past 2 years

I thought you were the one with floyd on your couch as well.

ZootedGranny
04-25-2005, 01:15 AM
Does any one know who DJ's agent is? That seems to make a lot of difference when dealing with Peterson.

It's former Raider Vann McElroy.

Just from searching, it looks like Derrick Johnson is one of his biggest clients, considering he represents the likes of Tommy Maddox, Kennoy Kennedy, Ron Dayne, Kliff Kingsbury, & Matt Schobel.

Miles
04-25-2005, 01:19 AM

Just from searching, it looks like Derrick Johnson is one of his biggest clients, considering he represents the likes of Tommy Maddox, Kennoy Kennedy, Ron Dayne, Kliff Kingsbury, & Matt Schobel.

Hopefully Johnson's decision making while playing for us will be better than that.

el borracho
04-25-2005, 01:26 AM
:shake: Can't you even be happy for a weekend? What is with the instant negativity?

Rausch
04-25-2005, 01:37 AM

Someone should tie your testes to the front of a cage holding wolverines.

chiefsfolife
04-25-2005, 01:52 AM
Naw man, let King Carl enjoy his day in the sun. His subjects have forgiven him because he came through in the end. It is time for optimism. A new season begins and we now have the means to reach the promised land. No matter how this years campaign turns out, at least the man did everything he could to make us proud.

amen brother

Wallcrawler
04-25-2005, 02:05 AM
My gut feeling is that Carl will definately get DJ signed before training camp. He knows that Johnson is a stud, and that the Chiefs were lucky to have the opportunity to get him. He's already done way too much in this offseason to let our number one draft choice miss out on the valuable time during training camp/pre-season to gel with the rest of the players he has added.

Gun has to be on cloud 9 right about now with these new players. I never expected the offseason to go this well. I half expected 3 new starters, and I was pretty sure they would get at least 2.

No way did I expect this.

2 pro bowlers in the secondary in Knight and Surtain

2 outstanding linebackers in pro bowler/former def rookie of the year Kendrell Bell and the Nations top linebacker, Derrick Johnson

Pass rushing defensive end Carlos Hall.

These guys here could all be starting in the opener. 5 new starters on the defense. The guys that they added for depth at linebacker and corner are pretty nice as well.

I was very happy to see that they didnt reach on any project type players until the 6-7 round. Usually we see them doing that type of stuff with the 1-2 pick range.

I was very happy when Carolina took Thomas Davis. It pretty much guaranteed that the Chiefs would take DJ, who is a pure linebacker, and not a tweener type guy. Maybe Davis will be a great FS/OLB or whatever but Id just really rather the Chiefs draft the position they need, and not draft guys who play one position, and then try to convert them, given their track record of failure at those type of conversion attempts in the past.

Nightfyre
04-25-2005, 02:34 AM

Thats good, cuz the chiefs always pwn the raiders. DJ will get a tiny contract.

Wallcrawler
04-25-2005, 02:46 AM
All right. Ive had it.

What exactly does pwn mean anyway?

Too many people use that term for it to be a simple typo. What in the name of all that is holy does it mean.

Its like a splinter in my mind.....driving me mad.

Miles
04-25-2005, 02:50 AM
All right. Ive had it.

What exactly does pwn mean anyway?

Too many people use that term for it to be a simple typo. What in the name of all that is holy does it mean.

Its like a splinter in my mind.....driving me mad.

Some gamer shit that pretty much means owned. pwnd is the same thing.

Wallcrawler
04-25-2005, 03:11 AM
Ah. Splinter removed. Much appreciated.

Still doesnt make a lot of sense to me....but eh, what the hell do I know?

Nightfyre
04-25-2005, 03:27 AM

Eh, I did weigh whether or not to use it. I used it.
I guess its that extra-adrenal burst that comes from a serious pwnage. you get more adrenaline and accidently hit the p instead of the o or something.
And the chiefs definitely pwn the raiders.

ENDelt260
04-25-2005, 03:36 AM
Are you offended at Ali's syntax that lacks the specifity that you desire? If he's sleeping on your couch, he's effectively a roommate. Even if the bum is simply a friend of your "official" roommate.

ENDelt260
04-25-2005, 03:39 AM

It doesn't make sense to you because it's stupid. Hopefully your minor splinter wound heals quickly. It's not worth much.