PDA

View Full Version : SO, think you're a foosball 'playa'?

HC_Chief
04-24-2005, 09:07 AM
<a href="http://postarchives.entensity.net/020705/media.php?media=foosball.wmv">You ain't got no game, biotch!</a> :D

stevieray
04-24-2005, 09:15 AM
A friend and I took third place out of twenty five teams back in the day.

While I've never attempted the goalie kicks, the other shots aren't too complicated. Squeeze pass, pull shot, GOOOOOOOAL!

Tornado tables rule.

gblowfish
04-24-2005, 09:33 AM
That trick shot is easy to hit with NO DEFENDERS.

Not too hard to block, defense just turns all their guys upside down.

I have a vintage 1980 tornado table that I was given as a graduation gift. It was given to me by the bar owner I worked for all four years at Mizzou. He's a great guy, originally from Liberty, MO. Gave me a job my first week on campus, and I worked for him for four years. He gave me the house foosball table I played on all four years. I won him a lot of gambling money on some after hours tourneys.

I've kept that table with me, and it's been in my home for 25 years.

stevieray
04-24-2005, 09:43 AM
That trick shot is easy to hit with NO DEFENDERS.

Not too hard to block, defense just turns all their guys upside down.

I have a vintage 1980 tornado table that I was given as a graduation gift. It was given to me by the bar owner I worked for all four years at Mizzou. He's a great guy, originally from Liberty, MO. Gave me a job my first week on campus, and I worked for him for four years. He gave me the house foosball table I played on all four years. I won him a lot of gambling money on some after hours tourneys.

I've kept that table with me, and it's been in my home for 25 years.

Awesome. I had a Dynamo table.

Baby Lee
04-24-2005, 10:12 AM
We had a foosball table in our dorm room freshman year.* And I mastered the art of the return shot. Whether it was with the goalie or the forward three, I was able to take the opposing player's shot and smack it right back on goal. Got good enough at it that I didn't even try playing offense for a while. Just give the opponent the ball and set up to return whatever [s]he tried.

* - great room, while the two person rooms were all alike and much too small for much outside a loft with a couch and TV underneath, our was a four person corner room with bunk beds and enough extra space to push all the sleeping and studying accutrements into one corner and put a home theater, couch, coffee table and fooseball table in the other.

Skip Towne
04-24-2005, 10:22 AM
No, I don't. I don't play foolsball.