PDA

View Full Version : Chargers Get Sproles

RINGLEADER
04-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Damn. I was hoping we'd see him as a replacement for Blaylock.

ArrowheadHawk
04-24-2005, 10:44 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=114990

Uncle_Ted
04-24-2005, 10:44 AM
DAMMIT CARL! :cuss: :banghead:

:D

That's ok ... we didn't need Sproles, so no reason to blow a 4th rounder on him. Would rather have had him go to a team not in our division though.

Skip Towne
04-24-2005, 10:51 AM
This is great. Now we get to watch them scrape him up off the Arrowhead turf.

Michael Michigan
04-24-2005, 10:52 AM
Let Marty have him.

Woodrow Call
04-24-2005, 10:53 AM
Good. I can't wait for him to fumble a couple punts from our left footed punter.

4th and Long
04-24-2005, 10:54 AM
This is great. Now we get to watch them scrape him up off the Arrowhead turf.
Assuming they don't have to scrape him up off Sandy Eggo's turf during training camp, if he makes it through training camp that is.

Skip Towne
04-24-2005, 11:03 AM
Assuming they don't have to scrape him up off Sandy Eggo's turf during training camp, if he makes it through training camp that is.
Well, yeah.

Tuckdaddy
04-24-2005, 11:11 AM
He's too small to bo shit as an RB. He will get killed. He weighs 100 and nothing. He might be smaller than Dante.

KevB
04-24-2005, 11:30 AM
He's too small to bo shit as an RB. He will get killed. He weighs 100 and nothing. He might be smaller than Dante.

You're right kicking the sh!t out of mediocre teams like OU and carrying the ball 20+ times a game for three years in the Big 12 proved nothing. :rolleyes:

Deberg_1990
04-24-2005, 12:30 PM
Let Marty have him.

He will be the next Greg Hill! Darren (The Real Deal) Sproles

jcroft
04-24-2005, 01:16 PM
I've got nothing aganist Sproles and I wouldn't have been upset if the Chiefs had grabbed him in the last rounds, but I really don't see him doing too much in the NFL. I just think he's too small to be a big time running back in the league and his hands are too inconsistent for him to be a great kick returner.

gblowfish
04-24-2005, 01:50 PM
He'll probably be another JJ Smith. Tear it up in Pre-Season, then end up on San Diego's Scout Team, impersonating Priest Holmes, or Quentin Griffin, or whoever they play that Sunday.

Or they may send him to NFL Europe to see if he survives that, like the Chiefs did with Dante Hall. The only way he'll stick in the NFL is as a punt returner. No way he'll ever be an every down back in the NFL, just like Dante Hall had to scale back being a wide receiver, because he was getting beat up and was too weary to have his usual explosiveness.

KevB
04-24-2005, 02:12 PM
He'll probably be another JJ Smith. Tear it up in Pre-Season, then end up on San Diego's Scout Team, impersonating Priest Holmes, or Quentin Griffin, or whoever they play that Sunday.

Or they may send him to NFL Europe to see if he survives that, like the Chiefs did with Dante Hall. The only way he'll stick in the NFL is as a punt returner. No way he'll ever be an every down back in the NFL, just like Dante Hall had to scale back being a wide receiver, because he was getting beat up and was too weary to have his usual explosiveness.

So the only way to be a productive running back in the league is if you're an every down back? Also, comparisons to Dante Hall and Sproles as it relates to RB don't wash. Sproles carried the load for three years in the Big 12, Dante Hall did not.

WilliamTheIrish
04-24-2005, 06:53 PM
You clowns are fulla shiot.

He's a solid 185 ibs. He may be short but he's a helluva lot stronger than than you think.

He puts on 15 more pounds with NFL strength trainers and he'll be Lionel 'Little Train' James redux.

Skip Towne
04-24-2005, 06:59 PM
You clowns are fulla shiot.

He's a solid 185 ibs. He may be short but he's a helluva lot stronger than than you think.

He puts on 15 more pounds with NFL strength trainers and he'll be Lionel 'Little Train' James redux.
Bullfeathers. Are you drunk?

gblowfish
04-24-2005, 06:59 PM
No, hey, sorry guys. I'm sure he'll be a big time NFL offensive powerhouse. Like Michael Bishop....uh,...I mean like Kevin Lockett. Oh, wait...I mean like Chad May. Wait, how bout...uh...uh...like Martin Grammatica...yeah...oh forget it. :)

WilliamTheIrish
04-24-2005, 07:01 PM
Bullfeathers. Are you drunk?

Are you high?

Count Zarth
04-24-2005, 07:06 PM
Are you high?

Skip is ALWAYS high.

KevB
04-24-2005, 07:08 PM
No, hey, sorry guys. I'm sure he'll be a big time NFL offensive powerhouse. Like Michael Bishop....uh,...I mean like Kevin Lockett. Oh, wait...I mean like Chad May. Wait, how bout...uh...uh...like Martin Grammatica...yeah...oh forget it. :)

Obviously your dislike for KSU has done nothing to alter your ability to judge talent objectively.
:rolleyes:

WilliamTheIrish
04-24-2005, 07:09 PM
Damn, I wish he'd gone to another division.

L.T. 21
04-25-2005, 09:48 AM
Hi guys:

I come here in piece and just saw this thread about Sproles. I personally think he'll be used as a second back for the split back formations that Cam Cameron likes to run. Last year, he only had Lorenzo Neal and Chatman coming out of the backfield, they're hands are questionable. I dont think Sproles will be used to run, but rather catch from the backfield...similar to Ronnie Harmon for those that remember, or Lionel James.

In all honesty, I dont know how much about Sproles, just the stuff that Ive read about him now and analysis. He seems like a fast "scatback" burner type. A back that can elude LB's not because of his moves, but rather his footspeed.

We have no kick returners since Dwights departure, this will be SPROLES primary role. But the option and versatility of a split back formation excites me.

One pick that Im really excited about is Vince Jackson out of Colorado. a 6'6 WR that ran 4.4 at the combine. He was rated #2 in most "experts" sleeper of the draft. He had a HORRIBLE combine, but a lot have said that if he played at a bigger school, he might have been in the first round.

ChiTown
04-25-2005, 10:03 AM
Hi guys:

I come here in piece and just saw this thread about Sproles. I personally think he'll be used as a second back for the split back formations that Cam Cameron likes to run. Last year, he only had Lorenzo Neal and Chatman coming out of the backfield, they're hands are questionable. I dont think Sproles will be used to run, but rather catch from the backfield...similar to Ronnie Harmon for those that remember, or Lionel James.

In all honesty, I dont know how much about Sproles, just the stuff that Ive read about him now and analysis. He seems like a fast "scatback" burner type. A back that can elude LB's not because of his moves, but rather his footspeed.

We have no kick returners since Dwights departure, this will be SPROLES primary role. But the option and versatility of a split back formation excites me.

One pick that Im really excited about is Vince Jackson out of Colorado. a 6'6 WR that ran 4.4 at the combine. He was rated #2 in most "experts" sleeper of the draft. He had a HORRIBLE combine, but a lot have said that if he played at a bigger school, he might have been in the first round.

You'll love Sproles. He's a great kid and much more than just a ST's guy. By far, one of the toughest kids you'll have on the Roster. His asset is the thing that most "pundits" (read: idiots) said he would lack - durability. He averaged over 22 carries his Sr. year with an OL that was absolutely horrible. Had he been given any support at all (OL and QB play), he could have put up over 1800 yds last year - easy. Just watch a replay of the SR. Bowl and you can see the toughness and speed this kid brings.

He can return kicks, punts, be used as a WR in 3rd down situations, 1 back or split backfield sets, etc. He's very versatile. Don't let these KSU Haters persuade you into thinking he's "just a midget with speed".

Congrats!

Rain Man
04-25-2005, 10:06 AM
Marty had a good draft. He'll be a threat until he has to develop a quarterback.

KevB
04-25-2005, 01:35 PM
Hi guys:

Sproles is fast, but his moves are what make him special. He'll make some guys look stupid in practice and games. Take a look at some of the highlight videos going around....

L.T. 21
04-25-2005, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Ive lurked your forums every now and then..plus you have some very intelligent fans...On top of that, unlike the faikers and donkeys, I dont hate you all that much:) Ive met a lot classy Chiefs fans at the games...

Im still trying to figure out what the donkeys are doing in their draft..and Al Davis is collecting the next 4x100 team for the olympcs.

L.T. 21
04-25-2005, 01:41 PM
Bolts Chargers

Cool avatars..wanted to see what ours are.