PDA

View Full Version : Q&A CB ALPHONSO HODGE

DaKCMan AP
04-24-2005, 01:27 PM
Q&A CB ALPHONSO HODGE
Apr 24, 2005, 1:09:42 PM

FIFTH-ROUND DRAFT PICK (147TH OVERALL)hodge2
TELECONFERENCE

Q: What can you tell us about your experience?

HODGE: “It was a great experience playing with guys like Ben Roethlisberger and Jacob Bell who play in the NFL. What I know is that Kansas City runs a similar defense to what I ran in school, so that’s probably the reason they were interested in me coming there. So hopefully I will be able to have the success that I had in college in Kansas City.”

Q: Do you think you can come in and fill some needs on the Chiefs defense?

HODGE: “I understand that the Chiefs play a lot of man coverage and they like tough corners. And I feel as though that’s what I do. So I feel that I can come in and help this year. I’m going to come there and do the best I can to contribute to the team for the 2005 season.”

Q: Did you ever get the best of Ben Roethlisberger?

HODGE: “Yeah, Ben and I came in together so we’re really close friends. He won a lot and I won some of the battles.”

Q: Do you support the run pretty well?

HODGE: “That’s something that I tried to do more this season, was support the run. I had seven tackles for loss. I had five sacks. Teams didn’t really throw to my side this last year so that’s why have any interceptions. So I tried to get involved in the best way that I could.”

Q: Is there anyone in the NFL that you model your career after?

HODGE: “No, I’m not one of those guys that likes to say I want to be just like this guy or I want to do this. I want to be like Alphonso Hodge in the NFL. I want to try to make my own name in the NFL.”

Crush
04-24-2005, 01:29 PM
Sounds like a nice kid.