PDA

View Full Version : Merrill Hodge talking sh#t on DJ...

eazyb81
04-24-2005, 03:23 PM
"Who cares if he's fast, he can't tackle"

Hey, doofus, you're f#cking Merrill Hodge, you can't really make fun of anybody.

bricks
04-24-2005, 03:25 PM

Hey, doofus, you're f#cking Merrill Hodge, you can't really make fun of anybody.

Merrill Hodge is wrong about a lot of things, most of the time he is wrong, hopefully he'll be wrong about DJ too.

tommykat
04-24-2005, 03:25 PM
He's just talking trash period about the Chiefs and their defense....all said we had the best O-line and he was like so?? MORON:cuss:

htismaqe
04-24-2005, 03:27 PM
When it comes to knowing how to break down film and evaluate players/coaches/schemes, I think I'll trust Ron Jaworski...

DaKCMan AP
04-24-2005, 03:27 PM
hmm...merrill hodge...jaws...merrill hodge...jaws...

I think I'll go with jaws ;)

Thig Lyfe
04-24-2005, 03:28 PM
He's just talking trash period about the Chiefs and their defense....all said we had the best O-line and he was like so?? MORON:cuss:

Um...

He was simply trashing the Chiefs for their defense... um... others pointed out that they have the best offensive line in the league, but he ignored this fact and continued to disrespect the Chiefs.

I think.

Pants
04-24-2005, 03:30 PM
LOL he said that and then got owned by everybody. They made him look real stupid. Everybody was laughing at Hodge when they went to commercial.

Skip Towne
04-24-2005, 03:31 PM
Hodge is an idiot.....and very annoying.

Gravedigger
04-24-2005, 03:32 PM
Yeah talking shit on the best linebacker in the draft and you say that troy williamson is the best person coming off the board.... no I'm sorry but the chiefs will have a blast proving dumbasses like you wrong. Last year he took the ravens to win it all and so obviously he's got a hard on for the ravens... oooo samari rolle, derrick mason, and mark clayton *splooge* ooooo but a terrible quarterback awww.

RINGLEADER
04-24-2005, 03:32 PM
It was funny how he kept moving the bar during this conversation:

RJ: Chiefs didn't have speed on defense last year, now they do.

MH: He can't tackle.

RJ: He gets to the ball with good pursuit.

MH: That's college my friend.

RJ: He's a good fit for Gunther Cunningham's defense.

MH: You jump around blocks and Gunther will pull you out of the game.

RJ: He's better than what they had last year.

MH: That's great but he's going to a defense that won't give him a lot of help. A defense that has been really, really bad.

RJ: Key word is "has". The defense is much better. The off-season's been terrific with Surtain and Bell.

MH: How much have they played together?

RJ: They're going to start next week at mini-camp.

MH: Okay. We still don't know.

Dude is a doofus who hates the Chiefs. It took him 4-5 weeks to pick KC in the 2003 season if I remember correctly. For whatever reason he always bags on KC.

Miles
04-24-2005, 03:33 PM
This is also the same guy that stated that Mike Williams is a 4th round caliber player.

headsnap
04-24-2005, 03:34 PM
FACTOR BACK!

eazyb81
04-24-2005, 03:37 PM
I think he is still sad about DT slapping him around like a little girl when we used to play the Steelers.

jspchief
04-24-2005, 03:38 PM
I'll probably get flamed for this, but the fact is, Derrick Johnson does need to work on his tackling. If he doesn't start wrapping up and driving through ball carriers, we're going to see him bounce off a lot of plays. Diving at knees and shoulder tackles don't cut it at this level.

He's a gifted athlete, and as long as he's coachable, I'm sure he'll be a good player.

Nzoner

his rug looks really bad too

petegz28
F***K Hoge and ESPN. This is typical of them and the way they view the Chiefs. They will hype up the Bengals and 49er's but hardly say dick about the #1 offense or he fact that we just picked up 2 pro-bowlers on defense. I guess Kiper is someone they hate too since he had Johnson going so high as well???

philfree
04-24-2005, 03:39 PM

I think the guys doing some drugs. I've never seen him talk quite that fast before ROFL Seriously he's doing something.

PhilFree:arrow:

ChiefsCountry
04-24-2005, 03:41 PM
Its that concussion that ended his career, made him a total duchebag.

Tribal Warfare
04-24-2005, 03:44 PM
I'll probably get flamed for this, but the fact is, Derrick Johnson does need to work on his tackling. If he doesn't start wrapping up and driving through ball carriers, we're going to see him bounce off a lot of plays. Diving at knees and shoulder tackles don't cut it at this level.

That's very coachable, when Gonzo came out they said he couldn't block Now that's a very solid aspect of his game when called upon.

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 03:44 PM
Sorry folks. I stand by my statement. I bet Derrick Johnson couldn't even tackle me.

Ultra Peanut
04-24-2005, 03:47 PM
Hodge is an idiot.....and very annoying.It's like he posts on this forum, or something.

Ultra Peanut
04-24-2005, 03:48 PM
his rug looks really bad tooUh... he had cancer, dude.

Bwana
04-24-2005, 03:48 PM
Sorry folks. I stand by my statement. I bet Derrick Johnson couldn't even tackle me.

Don't you have someones knob to go polish douche bag.

RINGLEADER
04-24-2005, 03:49 PM
F***K Hoge and ESPN. This is typical of them and the way they view the Chiefs. They will hype up the Bengals and 49er's but hardly say dick about the #1 offense or he fact that we just picked up 2 pro-bowlers on defense. I guess Kiper is someone they hate too since he had Johnson going so high as well???

I wish Jaws would have pointed out that none of the picks he was raving about has played for their teams either...

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 03:49 PM
Don't you have someones knob to go polish douche bag.

Your anger only masks your disappointment that the Chiefs wasted such a high pick on Derrick Johnson, who can't tackle.

Sure-Oz
04-24-2005, 03:50 PM
Merril Hodge, haha

nuff said

Bwana
04-24-2005, 03:51 PM
Your anger only masks your disappointment that the Chiefs wasted such a high pick on Derrick Johnson, who can't tackle.
Yeah, that must be it. ROFL

Gravedigger
04-24-2005, 03:53 PM

Ah Merril is a broncos fan and still jealous I see.

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 03:56 PM
Ah Merril is a broncos fan and still jealous I see.

A Broncos fans? Not really, but I would have been the greatest white running back ever in Shanahan's system.

Ultra Peanut
04-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Your anger only masks your disappointment that the Chiefs wasted such a high pick on Derrick Johnson, who can't tackle.ROFL

Saggysack
Merril Hodge, haha

nuff said

ROFL

HolmeZz
Hoge has beef with DJ, Mike Williams, and Aaron Rodgers. They all must be drilling his wife or something.

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Hoge has beef with DJ, Mike Williams, and Aaron Rodgers. They all must be drilling his wife or something.

They all have flaws. DJ can't tackle, Mike's too slow, Rodgers is the next Cade McNown.

DTLB58
04-24-2005, 04:10 PM
I agree Merrill is an idiot, a big idiot, but...........

Several people have been saying the exact same thing about DJ as he is. One night last week espn did their 2 1/2 draft special and Mike Golic, Merrill and Randy Mueller all agreed that he dosen't fight off blocks and doesn't wrap up all the time. Jaws even admitted a little while ago that he has problems getting caught up in traffic, while making an argument that DJ would help us a lot.

It has been stated that he wasn't coached to fight thru blocks in college because with his speed and quickness he was able to just run around people.

Hopefully all this criticizism of him will inspire him and gunther to prove all these people wrong.

I LOVE THE PICK myself, just saying Hoge isn't the only one making these comments.

Sure-Oz
04-24-2005, 04:10 PM
They all have flaws. DJ can't tackle, Mike's too slow, Rodgers is the next Cade McNown.
I think all those guys can spell their last name correctly though.

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 04:11 PM
I think all those guys can spell their last name correctly though.

My last name is spelled correctly. Try doing some research before making a fool of yourself.

Maybe Carl Peterson needed more research. Right now, he looks like a fool.

chiefqueen
04-24-2005, 04:12 PM
his rug looks really bad too

That may not be fair, for men especially, hair does not always come back after undergoing chemo, which he did ~ 3 years ago.

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 04:12 PM
I LOVE THE PICK myself, just saying Hoge isn't the only one making these comments.

Exactly. Jaws agrees with me deep down, he just can't break away from the Vermeil-love.

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 04:13 PM
That may not be fair, for men especially, hair does not always come back after undergoing chemo, which he did ~ 3 years ago.

It's not a rug, and yes I did beat cancer. You think DJ could beat cancer? HE CAN'T EVEN TACKLE PROPERLY!

Sure-Oz
04-24-2005, 04:20 PM
My last name is spelled correctly. Try doing some research before making a fool of yourself.

Maybe Carl Peterson needed more research. Right now, he looks like a fool.
im sorry big merril, your name apparently is the most misspelled name on the net.

Who should've the chiefs taken at 15 then?

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 04:23 PM
Who should've the chiefs taken at 15 then?

That's easy. The Chiefs need someone to provide a pass rush other than Jared Allen. The perfect pick was Erasmus James.

Skip Towne
04-24-2005, 04:23 PM
Go smoke a pole, Merrill. Say, isn't Merrill a girls name?

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 04:24 PM
In a perfect world they should have traded up and grabbed Thomas Davis.

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 04:24 PM
Go smoke a pole, Merrill. Say, isn't Merrill a girls name?

No. Speaking of girls, DJ tackles like one.

beer bacon
04-24-2005, 04:25 PM
The Hoge gimmick got old fast. It is fine when you do it in one thread, but stop spamming multiple threads.

Secondly, the DJ hate is way overblown. He was the best defensive player in the draft up until a week or so ago. I don't know what triggers the national media, but once they settle on something like this they are pretty fanatical about it. DJ hasn't changed any in the last week,
ESPN&Company just decided to gang tackle him. All the better for us since that meant he fell to 15.

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 04:25 PM
The Hoge gimmick got old fast. It is fine when you do it in one thread, but stop spamming multiple threads.

Secondly, the DJ hate is way overblown. He was the best defensive player in the draft up until a week or so ago. I don't know what triggers the national media, but once they settle on something like this they are pretty fanatical about it. DJ hasn't changed any in the last week,
ESPN&Company just decided to gang tackle him. All the better for us since that meant he fell to 15.

The national media loved Brian Bosworth too.

Bob Dole
04-24-2005, 04:27 PM

Only because he was such an accomplished actor.

Logical
04-24-2005, 04:29 PM
MH: You jump around blocks and Gunther will pull you out of the game.

Yes, God knows DT never avoided blocks before making tackles. ROFL

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 04:30 PM
Yes, God knows DT never avoided blocks before making tackles. ROFL

DT had unique pass rush ability. Derrick does not.

It's too bad Shawn Barber is hurt. He could teach DJ how to tackle.

stevieray
04-24-2005, 04:33 PM

this explains your hair.

Logical
04-24-2005, 04:34 PM

It's too bad Shawn Barber is hurt. He could teach DJ how to tackle.

I really don't have a clue who you are and therefore don't give a damn about your opinion. If you are a regular try your own identity instead of this lame impersonation.

PunkinDrublic
I think taco is posting as Merrill Hoge. His pessimistic anti Chiefs posts are very tacoesque.

jspchief

It's too bad Shawn Barber is hurt. He could teach DJ how to tackle.That's actually pretty funny. DJ and Barber have pretty similar tackling styles...they call it the double amputee technique, you just dive at the ballcarrier, pretending you have no arms.

Sure-Oz
04-24-2005, 04:35 PM

Actually I believe he really is Merril Hoge, wouldn't suprise me. ROFL

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 04:35 PM
this explains your hair.

You have to admit, Brian had some great hair.

http://www.sportsattic.com/nflphoto/photos9/Bosworth,Brian2.jpg

Gav Daddy
04-24-2005, 04:36 PM
When it comes to knowing how to break down film and evaluate players/coaches/schemes, I think I'll trust Ron Jaworski...

he is a helluva lot smarter than that mouthbreather, hodge.

all he wants to talk about are fullbacks, anyways.

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 04:36 PM
I think taco is posting as Merrill Hoge. His pessimistic anti Chiefs posts are very tacoesque.

I'm not anti-Chiefs. I'm just anti-Derrick Johnson.

HC_Chief
04-24-2005, 04:37 PM
Why would anyone care what that has-been has to say? It's not like his prognostications or insight into the game have been very accurate or revolutionary. Dude has always been a douche-nozzle in a very bad hairpiece.

Cripes, you'd think with the kind of money even old-fart NFL players like Hoge make, he would be able to afford hair club... or at least a decent rug. That thing looks like a bathmat epoxied to his nugget.

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 04:39 PM
he is a helluva lot smarter than that mouthbreather, hodge.

all he wants to talk about are fullbacks, anyways.

It's HOGE, and Ron is so far up Vermeil's ass he saw DJ behind Thomas Davis on KC's draft board.

stevieray
You have to admit, Brian had some great hair.

http://www.sportsattic.com/nflphoto/photos9/Bosworth,Brian2.jpg

He did great in Bo Jacksons school of tackling.

Skip Towne
I can see why Taco wants to come here in disguise. Maurice Clarett - Hahahahahahaha

Brock
04-24-2005, 04:40 PM
It's HOGE, and Ron is so far up Vermeil's ass he saw DJ behind Thomas Davis on KC's draft board.

It would have been very nice to have had the option of choosing between the two.

Sure-Oz
04-24-2005, 04:40 PM
Taco actually gave us props on the pic if i recall correctly, but he could be really bored.

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 04:41 PM
He did great in Bo Jacksons school of tackling.

If DJ tried to tackle Bo Jackson, he'd probably disintegrate into a thousand pieces.

big nasty kcnut
04-24-2005, 04:43 PM
Merril hoge suck even merril hoge dosn't want to be merril hoge that how much he sucks.

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Merril hoge suck even merril hoge dosn't want to be merril hoge that how much he sucks.

I'll admit, it wouldn't be bad to be Derrick Johnson. He's going to get a big signing bonus and he can't even tackle......that's one sweet deal.

stevieray
04-24-2005, 04:46 PM
If DJ tried to tackle Bo Jackson, he'd probably disintegrate into a thousand pieces.

If the real hoge tried to tackle Bo, he'd probably disintergrate into a thousand metrosexuals with bad hair.

Taco John
04-24-2005, 04:47 PM

Why? Merrill Hodge was awesome...

Thig Lyfe
04-24-2005, 04:47 PM

Wow. Classic stuff.

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 04:48 PM

Here's someone who knows what he's talking about.

Taco John
Taco actually gave us props on the pic if i recall correctly, but he could be really bored.

It's definitely not me... I think it was a great value pick. I could get into the criticism of his tackling technique, but doesn't change the fact that I'd have made the exact same pick if I were in the spot.

Merril Hoge
If the real hoge tried to tackle Bo, he'd probably disintergrate into a thousand metrosexuals with bad hair.

Aren't you forgetting something? I was a running back.

My career lasted longer than Bo's, too.

Brock
04-24-2005, 04:49 PM

At what? Hell, he can't even drive himself home these days.

Rausch
04-24-2005, 04:49 PM

Agreed.

Him and Foster were a brutal combo...

Thig Lyfe
04-24-2005, 04:50 PM

Intentionally misspelling Hoge's name... clever. Completely threw me off the trail.

Merril Hoge
You wanna know something else, folks? Tim Barnett's foot was on the out of bounds line when he caught that touchdown pass from Joe Montana in the 93 playoff game. That game was bullshit!!! My Steelers would have gone to the Super Bowl.

Taco John
Here's someone who knows what he's talking about.

Idaho boys gotta stick together, H-dog...

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 04:51 PM
Agreed.

Him and Foster were a brutal combo...

Barry was a stud. Another great one that retired too soon.

stevieray
04-24-2005, 04:52 PM
Aren't you forgetting something? I was a running back.

My career lasted longer than Bo's, too.

Doesn't mean you could tackle Bo.

Besides, you could look at bo on tv without dying from laughter.

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 04:52 PM

I'm assuming you're a Broncos fan? Don't worry. That lightning bug Tatum Bell will slip out of any attempted tackles Derrick Johnson tries to make.

Rausch
04-24-2005, 04:53 PM
You wanna know something else, folks? Tim Barnett's foot was on the out of bounds line when he caught that touchdown pass from Joe Montana in the 93 playoff game. That game was bullshit!!! We would have gone to the Super Bowl.

Yeah, Cowher's a lock in the playoffs.

Skip Towne
04-24-2005, 04:54 PM
ROFL

stevieray
04-24-2005, 04:54 PM

you two need to get a better lubricant.

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 04:55 PM
Yeah, Cowher's a lock in the playoffs.

Bill had it all figured out that day. The refs and a lucky blocked punt screwed us.

Funny story, actually. I was supposed to be blocking on that punt, but I tweaked an ankle on the previous play. My replacement screwed it up.

Rausch
04-24-2005, 04:56 PM
I'm assuming you're a Broncos fan? Don't worry. That lightning bug Tatum Bell will slip out of any attempted tackles Derrick Johnson tries to make.

After Jake's 4 first half INT's Bell won't be getting many carries...

Sure-Oz
04-24-2005, 04:57 PM
ROFL

Brock
I was supposed to be blocking on that punt, but I tweaked an ankle on the previous play. My replacement screwed it up.

Yeah. ROFL You were always the missing piece of the puzzle.

Do people still hide your car keys from you?

Rausch
Bill had it all figured out that day. The refs and a lucky blocked punt screwed us.

Funny story, actually. I was supposed to be blocking on that punt, but I tweaked an ankle on the previous play. My replacement screwed it up.

Were I sour, I'd be sour over 2 choke jobs to the Pats and and a sickening loss to the Chargers in the AFC Championchip game...

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 04:58 PM
After Jake's 4 first half INT's Bell won't be getting many carries...

You've got a point there. Especially with that Surtain guy at corner now. Having an elite safety like Sammy Knight will help, too.

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 04:59 PM
Were I sour, I'd be sour over 2 choke jobs to the Pats and and a sickening loss to the Chargers in the AFC Championchip game...

That was after I hung it up. If those Steeler teams had had me, we'd have gone all the way.

chiefs4me
04-24-2005, 05:00 PM
I'll admit, it wouldn't be bad to be Derrick Johnson. He's going to get a big signing bonus and he can't even tackle......that's one sweet deal.

:rolleyes:

stevieray
04-24-2005, 05:01 PM

your replacement screwed it up? he wouldn't have if you would've been a real man and played through the pain.

Pants
04-24-2005, 05:03 PM
It's weird how Hoge was on live TV and the next minute he's posting on CP.

Sure-Oz
04-24-2005, 05:05 PM
He's merril hoge, he can be on tv and type at the same type, what an athlete!!!

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 05:06 PM

Wireless internet is great. ESPN spared no expense.

crossbow
04-24-2005, 05:08 PM
He is jealous over Kiper's harcut.

Pants
04-24-2005, 05:09 PM

That's not the point.

1. Why would you come to CP when you're pre-occupied with saying stupid shit on TV?

2. How did you find out about CP?

3. How did you know people were discussing your dumbassery?

4. If I wasn't lazy, I'd email the real dumbass and ask him whther he's heard of CP before.

Straight, No Chaser
04-24-2005, 05:10 PM
He is jealous over Kiper's harcut.

No Kidding. Kiper has some serious mop. Imagine a mullet on him back in the day.

---->

tiptap
04-24-2005, 05:11 PM
If you look back at the LB play of the Titans when Coach G was still in charge of the LB play, you find the LB playing well off the line and moving toward the line (running downhill) to fill the gaps that develop behind the D-line attack at snap. This is what Coach G was looking for from his team last year but it wasn't there from the LB corp. This is supported by the fact that KC was one of the better teams in stopping or losses on first down (ususally runs between tackles) but couldn't stop plays that flowed to the outside (where LB pursuit is at a premium) and of course pass plays (a bad secondary didn't help either) on 2nd and 3rd downs. Now we have two new LB in Bell and DJ. I see speed here that wasn't there before. And I see Bell more than capable of providing that MLB tough man mentality. Both will have plenty of steam running downhill to fill gaps and take on plays. I think both players have good instincts about getting to the gaps to make plays. I think wrapping up the tackle is great but getting to the point of attack has to come first and my bet that meeting will be closer and behind the line of scrimage on those stretch plays than what we have seen in 5 years.

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 05:14 PM
That's not the point.

1. Why would you come to CP when you're pre-occupied with saying stupid shit on TV?

2. How did you find out about CP?

3. How did you know people were discussing your dumbassery?

4. If I wasn't lazy, I'd email the real dumbass and ask him whther he's heard of CP before.

1. To correct dumb fans.

2. I peruse alot of internet sports boards. I'm a fan of fans.

3. I came here and saw it.

4. Go ahead.

PunkinDrublic
04-24-2005, 05:15 PM
If you look back at the LB play of the Titans when Coach G was still in charge of the LB play, you find the LB playing well off the line and moving toward the line (running downhill) to fill the gaps that develop behind the D-line attack at snap. This is what Coach G was looking for from his team last year but it wasn't there from the LB corp. This is supported by the fact that KC was one of the better teams in stopping or losses on first down (ususally runs between tackles) but couldn't stop plays that flowed to the outside (where LB pursuit is at a premium) and of course pass plays (a bad secondary didn't help either) on 2nd and 3rd downs. Now we have two new LB in Bell and DJ. I see speed here that wasn't there before. And I see Bell more than capable of providing that MLB tough man mentality. Both will have plenty of steam running downhill to fill gaps and take on plays. I think both players have good instincts about getting to the gaps to make plays. I think wrapping up the tackle is great but getting to the point of attack has to come first and my bet that meeting will be closer and behind the line of scrimage on those stretch plays than what we have seen in 5 years.

Rep for awesome analysis.

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 05:17 PM
No Kidding. Kiper has some serious mop. Imagine a mullet on him back in the day.

---->

It's a wig.

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 05:18 PM

That's pretty good. The only problem is, DJ will overpursue more often than not, he'll be out of position, try to arm tackle, and fail.

I hope you have good safeties.

PunkinDrublic
04-24-2005, 05:20 PM
1. To correct dumb fans.

4. Go ahead.

You haven't corrected anything. You're basically repeating the same thing over and over again DJ has speed but can't tackle, DJ will never make it in the league blah, blah, blah. You have nothing to back up what you say. You came on this board for the sole purpose of pissing off Chiefs fans.

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 05:21 PM
You haven't corrected anything. You're basically repeating the same thing over and over again DJ has speed but can't tackle, DJ will never make it in the league blah, blah, blah. You have nothing to back up what you say. You came on this board for the sole purpose of pissing off Chiefs fans.

I'm just trying to help you all see the light...you'll be wondering what went wrong in a few months.

Pants
04-24-2005, 05:23 PM
1. To correct dumb fans.

4. Go ahead.

I sent you an email, waiting for the reply...

PunkinDrublic
04-24-2005, 05:23 PM
I'm just trying to help you all see the light...you'll be wondering what went wrong in a few months.

So if Derrick Johnson has a great rookie season you'll be back to eat crow.

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 05:24 PM
So if Derrick Johnson has a great rookie season you'll be back to eat crow.

I'll be back.

Skip Towne
04-24-2005, 05:26 PM
I remember you, Hoge. You're the 4th string RB they kept around so they could say they had a white boy on the offense.

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 05:26 PM

It'll be awhile. I have to go to a meeting soon with Mike Golic and some other guys. We're doing some post-draft coverage next week.

chiefs4me
04-24-2005, 05:27 PM
1. To correct dumb fans.

4. Go ahead.

Bullshit...I don't believe you. If you really just came here to diss on DJ, then you wouldn't of spent the time to add an avatar or sig picture....

You are either a troll or a donkey fan pissed at your teams drafting or a regular member just playing around......:harumph:

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 05:27 PM
I remember you, Hoge. You're the 4th string RB they kept around so they could say they had a white boy on the offense.

You're off base here, Mr. Towne. I led the Steelers in rushing and receiving for four of my seven years in Pittsburgh.

Remember Barry Word and Okoye? In Pittsburgh it was Merril Hoge and Barry Foster.

chiefs4me
04-24-2005, 05:28 PM

ROFL........busted

Pants
04-24-2005, 05:29 PM
It'll be awhile. I have to go to a meeting soon with Mike Golic and some other guys. We're doing some post-draft coverage next week.

What? You're on the internet right now. How long does it take to reply to an email, saying: "Yeah, I'm on CP right now"?

You're full of shit.

Sure-Oz
04-24-2005, 05:30 PM
Regardless if its a troll or not, this is funny as hell i must admit, the dude even has 3 bars of REP, lol!

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 05:30 PM
What? You're on the internet right now. How long does it take to reply to an email, saying: "Yeah, I'm on CP right now"?

You're full of shit.

I can't even get to my email right now.

Skip Towne
04-24-2005, 05:31 PM
You're off base here, Mr. Towne. I led the Steelers in rushing and receiving for four of my seven years in Pittsburgh.

Remember Barry Word and Okoye? In Pittsburgh it was Merril Hoge and Barry Foster.
Not the way I remember it. You weren't very big but you were slow.

Coach
04-24-2005, 05:33 PM
#1. Hodge have found the most powerful, concentrated version of crack cocaine in existance and no matter if he get his ass owned by Jaws on national TV, he would still think that he won and that Jaws is still a retard.

#2. See reason #1.

#3. See reason #2.

#4. So on

#5. So Forth

#6. Etc

tiptap
04-24-2005, 05:33 PM
That's pretty good. The only problem is, DJ will overpursue more often than not, he'll be out of position, try to arm tackle, and fail.

I hope you have good safeties.

No one talks about DJ overpursuing this year at Texas. That is what he worked on this year and improved greatly. You only get to scream about failing to take on blocks. And we'll see.

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 05:35 PM
I'll tell you one thing DJ is good at, and that's pass defense. He didn't snag nine interceptions for no reason at Texas.

I'd convert him to safety.

Gav Daddy
04-24-2005, 06:38 PM
I'll tell you one thing DJ is good at, and that's pass defense. He didn't snag nine interceptions for no reason at Texas.

I'd convert him to safety.

ever read.

hey mensa, did it ever occur to you that every rook who comes down the line can improve on some things?

you say, he cant tackle.

i say, he doesnt try. that can be fixed. he is a headhunter from the college ranks, and he can get away with that tatum style. he will be coached up with the griefs. count on it.

what a dope.

so that fool gets a 12 million dollar injury settlement and he still cant buy class! i realize the suits that fool is wearing cost a bunch of dough, but geez.....

merril hoge is your idol? ohohohohohohohohohohohohohoho

hey dummy, why do i get a feeling that you are a pitt fan who is pissed you didnt get him.........

i would be mad too if i had one of the best head coaches in the nfl, but my owner wouldnt spend any money.

yeah, cowher just keeps developing linebacker's, only to see them sign elsewhere when their rookie contract is up. kendrell bell anyone? LMAO!!!!!!

you really are a tool...........

so who is the next fullback phenom, meeeeeeeeeeeeeerril.........? ahahahahahahahahahahaha

your approach is kinda funny... i get that. some of these boobs actually believe you are that neanderthal..... that's funny. i'll give it up....

your analysis is beyond incompetent.

lick 'em.

|Zach|
04-24-2005, 06:39 PM
heh, someone is taking the Hodge thing a little seriously.

Pants
04-24-2005, 06:40 PM

Actually, it really was Hoge. I got an email back from him, confirming it. F*cking insane.

Bwana
04-24-2005, 06:41 PM

It was a decent spoof "Zach." :)

|Zach|
04-24-2005, 06:43 PM
It was a decent spoof "Zach." :)
heh, The Gav Daddy post was more interesting than any of the spoof Hoge posts.

Bwana
04-24-2005, 06:44 PM
Actually, it really was Hoge. I got an email back from him, confirming it. F*cking insane.

You're going to hell for telling a fib like that.

Count Zarth
04-24-2005, 06:46 PM

Bullshit. Let me guess, it was you all this time.

Skip Towne
04-24-2005, 06:48 PM
Bullfeathers!!

Pants
04-24-2005, 06:48 PM
Bullshit. Let me guess, it was you all this time.

LOL

Yeah, I never got an email back. It wasn't me though.

Gav Daddy
04-24-2005, 06:49 PM

you figure if you have a cushy job at espn, throwing out stupid takes that all come back to the fullback, that you would not want your own incompetence to come to light.

what a fool.

hey merril.....

ever wonder why jaworski stopped getting visibly mad with your dumb ass? he came to the conclusion that you were an idiot that cant see past you own bias. why waste his time? and jaws did quit getting mad at him over 2 years ago..... merril is a meathead.

i am a raiderfan and i am pissed he fell that far. i am pissed the chiefs got him.

even i know he was a very solid pick and has more upside than any linebacker in this draft.

i still think it is a clever hoax.......

either that, or a very stupid judgement call.

i wonder what espn thinks about one of their own, going around and stirring the pot in an almost infantile manner?

|Zach|
04-24-2005, 06:51 PM
you figure if you have a cushy job at espn, throwing out stupid takes that all come back to the fullback, that you would not want your own incompetence to come to light.

what a fool.

hey merril.....

ever wonder why jaworski stopped getting visibly mad with your dumb ass? he came to the conclusion that you were an idiot that cant see past you own bias. why waste his time? and jaws did quit getting mad at him over 2 years ago..... merril is a meathead.

i am a raiderfan and i am pissed he fell that far. i am pissed the chiefs got him.

even i know he was a very solid pick and has more upside than any linebacker in this draft.

i wonder what espn thinks about one of their own, going around and stirring the pot in an almost infantile manner?

Post of the year.

Bwana
04-24-2005, 06:51 PM

what a fool.

hey merril.....

Dude :banghead:

Pants
04-24-2005, 06:52 PM

what a fool.

hey merril.....

F*ck dude, I'm sorry I was just kidding. Just delete that post and I'll delete this one.

I feel like shit now. :(

CosmicPal
04-24-2005, 06:57 PM
Geez...Merril Hoge was here? And none of you had the courtesy to compliment his gay wardrobe today?

Gav Daddy
04-24-2005, 07:00 PM
F*ck dude, I'm sorry I was just kidding. Just delete that post and I'll delete this one.

I feel like shit now. :(

you must be crucified in public. LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

Pants
04-24-2005, 07:06 PM
Where was Saul during the draft? It was HIM!!!

StcChief
Who cares about Hodge or national media. Just get it done on the field.

whoman69
Merrill Hoge, 10th round pick of the Pittsburg Steelers in 1987. Career highlight, picking against the Chiefs in each of their first nine games of 2003 only to try to hop on the bandwagon against the Bengals.

jcroft
04-24-2005, 07:07 PM
Merrill Hoge, 10th round pick of the Pittsburg Steelers in 1987. Career highlight, picking against the Chiefs in each of their first nine games of 2003 only to try to hop on the bandwagon against the Bengals.

ROFL

Saggysack
04-24-2005, 07:14 PM

Gav Daddy
04-24-2005, 07:25 PM

before you here it, is depriving yourself of some POSSIBLE enlightenment.

this has nothing to do with al, but your HATE for al........

does he take up space in your head? LOL!!!!!!

this has to do with a ridiculous take on d.j., who i thought was the best defensive player in the draft............

Gav Daddy
04-24-2005, 07:28 PM

to the death to me.....LOL!!!!

Sure-Oz
04-24-2005, 07:38 PM
Holy Shit people that this was the real Merill?? lmfao awesome!!