PDA

View Full Version : Peterson Quote from KCChiefs.com

elvislivesinkc
12-27-2000, 11:37 AM
Q: What about the coaching staff and who makes the decision about their future and how soon would you like to make moves there if any are to be made?

PETERSON: "All assistant coaches are under contract until the first of March. It's always been my policy that the assistant coaches are hired and sometimes dismissed by the head football coach. I think that's the authority and the responsibility of the head football coach. Consequently, those decisions will be made also. I do plan to meet with Gunther tomorrow to get his thoughts on the season and I'm sure in that will be his thoughts specific to the coaching of his assistant coaches."

I read this as, if Gun stays, and if he wants to keep the Three Stooges, then Peterson will leave that up to him.

I'm scared to death that they'll come right back next year with the same group of coaches. I guess I've loss faith in the front office's ability to deal with this situation head on.

------------------
Gary

Warrior5
12-27-2000, 12:07 PM
When is tomorrow? Relative to TODAY, I mean?

Stuckinbama
12-27-2000, 12:10 PM
TODAY is tomorrow.

bishop_74
12-27-2000, 12:12 PM
My head is spinning.

shakesthecat
12-27-2000, 12:20 PM
If you were a rising coach in the NFL, would you want to come work for Gun? He probably only knows and respects the guys who have been in the league for 25+ years. Which means if they are just now being considered for coordinator positions they must really suck. Find a new HC if you want better assistant coaches.