PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who said I would never be Happy with a Draft!!!

Logical
04-24-2005, 04:36 PM
You were wrong :p

I am pretty pleased with this draft.

Brock
04-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Well, that is certainly a load off.

Lzen
04-24-2005, 04:40 PM
The end is near. Repent now, I tell ya.

PunkinDrublic
04-24-2005, 04:40 PM
Oh my god now if you posted in the Washington D.C forum that you're now supporting the democrats that truly would be a sign of the apococlypse. :p

JimNasium
04-24-2005, 04:42 PM
WTF is going on here?

Rausch
04-24-2005, 04:43 PM
WTF is going on here?

I suspect Lithium... :drool:

Deberg_1990
04-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Well, we got 3 IMMEDIATE starters if you count Surtain. The best weve had in years!

big nasty kcnut
04-24-2005, 04:45 PM
I think he's at peace with himself. Plus getting Surtain and johnson had to help.

ROYC75
04-24-2005, 04:51 PM
Jim, you feel OK ?

Skip Towne
04-24-2005, 04:51 PM
I won't believe it till I see you say something nice about Carl.

milkman
04-24-2005, 04:53 PM
WooooHoooooooo!

Jim's happy.
We can all relax now! :)

BIG_DADDY
04-24-2005, 04:57 PM
I am also pleased, we should look a lot better on D now. I think we will get good years out of Sims and Siavii as well which will help.

milkman
04-24-2005, 05:01 PM
I am also pleased, we should look a lot better on D now. I think we will get good years out of Sims and Siavii as well which will help.

I gotta think that now that we have a couple guys who will be leaders on the D, in Knight and Surtain, who will kick Sims in the ass, we might see him live up to some of his draft day hype.

PunkinDrublic
04-24-2005, 05:03 PM
So you can't leave us hanging logical what did you like about the draft?

Ultra Peanut
04-24-2005, 05:23 PM
Well, we got 3 IMMEDIATE starters if you count Surtain. The best weve had in years!Who's the third? Cro?

Oh, Colquitt. Duh.

JOhn
04-24-2005, 05:28 PM
Well I now know who stole my drugs. :harumph:

Logical
04-24-2005, 06:06 PM
I won't believe it till I see you say something nice about Carl.
Carl had an outstanding week. That is the best I can do.;)

Bwana
04-24-2005, 06:09 PM
Just WOW! :D :eek:

Logical
04-24-2005, 06:17 PM
So you can't leave us hanging logical what did you like about the draft?

I loved that Carl and the crew went with Johnson. Colquitt was a pick that might give KC a punter that will someday vye with Jerrel Wilson (we can hope). Craphonso has a boatload of potential. Alphonso was a decent pick. Beyond that there were some reaches but the 5th through the 7th are where reaches should occur if they are going to take place.

Count Zarth
04-24-2005, 06:17 PM
Vlad's approval and endorsement of the 2005 free agency additions and the 2005 draft, plus his prediction of 11-5, make me more psyched than ever before. Usually you are very lukewarm.

stevieray
04-24-2005, 06:28 PM
Carl had an outstanding week. That is the best I can do.;)

:clap: Right on, Jim. Seriously, I can hardly believe it myself. I think it's safe to say Gun's presence is definitely coming to fruition.

It's like walking to KC from LA and getting a free Porsche.

Bootlegged
04-24-2005, 06:34 PM
Once Johnson fell to us, I honestly wasn't too worried about the rest of the draft. But, I don't like most of the picks...I absolutely disagree with a punter in the 3rd when we had talented WRs and CB's available. Punter should be easier to fix....somehow this crew can't, but the rest of the league can. I also think a Jason White or someone was worth a shot in the late rounds....but, I guess we're looking for...well, shit..I don't know what the hell we're looking for with some of those late rounders. NFL Europe depth?

Don't really care.. I care that opening day Surtain will be across from Warfield, Bell will be roaming the middle with Johnson and Knight will be playing centerfield.

Logical
04-24-2005, 06:34 PM
:clap: Right on, Jim. Seriously, I can hardly believe it myself. I think it's safe to say Gun's presence is definitely coming to fruition.

ROFL

Spicy McHaggis
04-24-2005, 07:25 PM
I also think a Jason White or someone was worth a shot in the late rounds....but, I guess we're looking for...well, shit..I don't know what the hell we're looking for with some of those late rounders. NFL Europe depth?

It wouldn't suprise me at all if White is brought in for training camp as an undrafted free agent.

The Bad Guy
04-24-2005, 07:35 PM
Once Johnson fell to us, I honestly wasn't too worried about the rest of the draft. But, I don't like most of the picks...I absolutely disagree with a punter in the 3rd when we had talented WRs and CB's available. Punter should be easier to fix....somehow this crew can't, but the rest of the league can. I also think a Jason White or someone was worth a shot in the late rounds....but, I guess we're looking for...well, shit..I don't know what the hell we're looking for with some of those late rounders. NFL Europe depth?

Don't really care.. I care that opening day Surtain will be across from Warfield, Bell will be roaming the middle with Johnson and Knight will be playing centerfield.

I think the punter was the right pick.

We've played musical punters in here since about 1999 when Augiar left. This was a major position of need because the best help to a defense is field position.

Colquitt was rated as a 2nd rounder in the 3 mags I read during the draft, so I don't think it was reach to take him with a comp. pick at the end of the 3rd round.

It's just nice that he comes from a family of punters and has the leg to end this endless shuffle of punters in and out of KC. Finding a punter is very hard I think. I'm glad we got him.

JazzzLovr
04-24-2005, 07:38 PM
Just WOW! :D :eek:

Yeah, exactly. I was just sitting here thinking "What with hell frozen over now, the Chiefs can finally win another Super Bowl."

;)

whoman69
04-24-2005, 07:44 PM
Note to self: start stocking up on bottled water and canned goods

Darkwolfe
04-24-2005, 07:47 PM
Yeah, exactly. I was just sitting here thinking "What with hell frozen over now, the Chiefs can finally win another Super Bowl."

;)

Ya Hell did freeze over this year. Houston had snow.

BIG_DADDY
04-24-2005, 07:50 PM
I gotta think that now that we have a couple guys who will be leaders on the D, in Knight and Surtain, who will kick Sims in the ass, we might see him live up to some of his draft day hype. It's a contract year for him isn't it?

Coach
04-24-2005, 07:55 PM
It's a contract year for him isn't it?

Yup.

philfree
04-24-2005, 07:57 PM
You were wrong :p

I am pretty pleased with this draft.

Awww you're nothing but a big homer ROFL 11-5 hu? Just as long as Whitlock doesn't predict 16-0 I'll be happy. It is an odd numbered year though and that bodes well for the Chiefs and Chiefs fans.

PhilFree:arrow:

BIG_DADDY
04-24-2005, 07:59 PM
Yup.

That should be all the motivation he needs right there. I really think Siavii will start coming on as well.

whoman69
04-24-2005, 09:29 PM
If we're going to do well this year, some of the draft picks that we have picked up since DV got here have got to start coming thru.

Dave Lane
04-24-2005, 09:41 PM
Some have we just need more to do so.

Dave

Oregon chief
04-24-2005, 09:47 PM
anybody know about this kid we got after the draft from montana. He is a tight end and he is 6'7". Not very much for production numbers but he is a giant. I guess that is the big tight end carl was talking about.

What do you think his role will be?

Oregon chief
04-24-2005, 09:48 PM
http://www.kffl.com/player/11202/nfl

Skip Towne
04-24-2005, 09:49 PM

I stopped reading when you said Jason White.

Rain Man
04-24-2005, 10:03 PM

Are you calling him a racist?

stevieray
04-24-2005, 10:06 PM
Are you calling him a racist?

Only if he calls it a nazi911.

Chan93lx50
04-24-2005, 10:08 PM
Vlad if you are pumped then I am pumped.

If I remember correctly you were pretty harsh on our D before the season even started.

Some of us were very blind and thought Gun would resurrect this D. Well we all know the end of the story Vlad was right we were wrong, so if you have a good feeling about this well damn it so do I!

Oregon chief
04-24-2005, 10:08 PM
willie walden, anybody have anything on this guy? opinions or otherwise? kffl says we picked him up

Rausch
04-24-2005, 10:10 PM
Any Chiefs fan who isn't excited about this year must have syphilis induced insanity...

Chan93lx50
willie walden, anybody have anything on this guy? opinions or otherwise? kffl says we picked him up

WHO? Uhhh I dont think so Tim!

Ahh hell nevermind I thought you said we Drafted him! I guess we signed him after the draft, my bad.

I see DV got his Tightend he was wanting

Oregon chief
nevermind i found the tread on this walden guy

Earthling
04-24-2005, 11:51 PM
...I absolutely disagree with a punter in the 3rd when we had talented WRs and CB's available. Punter should be easier to fix....somehow this crew can't, but the rest of the league can.

I keep thinking of that addage about " For want of a nail the castle was lost." It is hard to spend a draft pick for a punter but we needed a good one, now. We shouldn't have to worry about punter problems again for a long time...hopefully.

Logical
04-25-2005, 11:24 AM
If we're going to do well this year, some of the draft picks that we have picked up since DV got here have got to start coming thru.
I believe some of these veterans from good defenses will come in and show real leadership. Surtain, Knight, Bell all have the potential to command respect and be the leaders this defense needs.

htismaqe
04-25-2005, 11:57 AM
I believe some of these veterans from good defenses will come in and show real leadership. Surtain, Knight, Bell all have the potential to command respect and be the leaders this defense needs.

According to Lawrence Tynes and a couple of other guys who've been working out at Arrowhead, Sammy Knight has already started to command respect...

Count Zarth
04-25-2005, 11:58 AM
According to Lawrence Tynes and a couple of other guys who've been working out at Arrowhead, Sammy Knight has already started to command respect...

That's funny. Sammy slapping the kicker around. ROFL

"YOU MISS ANOTHER EXTRA POINT AND I'LL CUT YOUR BALLS OFF, SCOTTIE!"

Logical
04-25-2005, 12:04 PM

That is great news.

J Diddy
04-25-2005, 12:09 PM
Any Chiefs fan who isn't excited about this year must have syphilis induced insanity...

Yeah....about that..........

I tried penicillin.

Lzen
04-25-2005, 12:34 PM
Vlad if you are pumped then I am pumped.

If I remember correctly you were pretty harsh on our D before the season even started.

Some of us were very blind and thought Gun would resurrect this D. Well we all know the end of the story Vlad was right we were wrong, so if you have a good feeling about this well damn it so do I!

I wouldn't get in too big a hurry to praise Vlad. He made a real good prediction before the 2003 season. Needless to say, he was off by several games. ;)