PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Boom or Bust in this years draft?

Deberg_1990
04-24-2005, 06:44 PM
My pick would have to be Matt Jones. Dude may be a heck of an athlete, but as of now he really doesnt have a position to play. I would have never spent a 1st rounder on a guy like that.

jcroft
04-24-2005, 07:04 PM
Before the draft, I thought the most sure-thing of all was Mike Williams. Now, I think he could end up a bust simply because he got picked by a team who doesn't need him. Oh, I'm sure they'll use him -- but with Joey Heisman as his QB and sharing balls between him, Rogers, and (the other) Williams, I can't imagine him putting up huge numbers real soon.

KC kid
04-24-2005, 07:09 PM
maurice clarett
Aaron Rodgers
Matt Jones
Demarcus Ware
Marcus Spears

Count Zarth
04-24-2005, 07:10 PM
Easily McPherson.

whoman69
04-24-2005, 07:13 PM
The Mike Williams pick was bad on so many levels. His game will not translate to the pro level. The Lions spent a third straight top 10 pick on a receiver, who is pretty much a clone of the two others they have. Think about the cap implications of three top 10 picks at one position then wonder why their holes don't get filled.
I think either Ware or Merriman will be a bust because their teams will expect them to be able to play a position they have never played before. Hoping its Ware.
Rodgers is going to find that he sometimes has to throw more than 6 yards down the field in the NFL.
I would say Pac Man, but he's got quite a bit of jumping ability.

Saggysack
04-24-2005, 07:21 PM
PacMan Jones

Ultra Peanut
04-24-2005, 07:22 PM
Easily McPherson.One hundred percent correct.

Void where prohibited.

Not legal tender.

Gravedigger
04-24-2005, 07:25 PM
Maurice Clarett is without a doubt #1. After that I think that it will be Matt Jones I just don't think he is gonna shine like people like Merrill Hoge thinks he will.

Darkwolfe
04-24-2005, 07:29 PM
Big Boom for the Packers. Aaron Rodgers is good kid with a lot of talent. He hasn't gotten a big swelled head attitude (hopefully he never does) and he just got the chance of a lifetime that any aspiring young QB would just about kill for. He gets to gets his first experience in the NFL with Brett Favre, who will no doubt be great mentor.

All jokes and kidding aside, if Rodgers does things right, he'll get his first superbowl ring within five years.

Maybe I should have said the big boom was for Rodgers even more than the Packers.

Zach
04-24-2005, 07:36 PM
I really feel Cedric Benson will be a boom or bust player for the Chicago Bears. He's proven to take the load at Texas, without injury, yet has failed to show he can catch the ball and turn the corner. I feel he is very similiar to another RB they had, Anthony Thomas from Michigan. Benson is a bruiser, but his off the field problems with Marijuana and the people he surrounds himself with may hold him back. What I like about him is he seems determined to prove everyone wrong.

I also feel our own Derrick Johnson is a Boom or Bust type athlete. He really lowers his head and knocks out the ball carriers knees, but rarely ever wraps up around the waist and drive the player into the ground. DJ's, speed, smarts, and god given talent will put him in a position to succeed, but he is really going to have to show he can be 'great' on a consistant basis. I think we're looking at a glorified Donnie Edwards that can put together a string of Pro Bowls, if he puts it all together.

Here's to hoping that he will!