PDA

View Full Version : Prisco's Final Draft Grade

Woodrow Call
04-24-2005, 07:11 PM
Kansas City Chiefs
Best pick: Hard to find one I like. I'll go with fourth-round pick Craphonso Thorpe. If he can revert to his pre-injury form of 2003, he can become a starting player.

Questionable move: With so many needs on defense, how in the heck can the Chiefs use a second-round pick on a punter? There's always risk there when taking a punter or kicker this high.

Steal: Fifth-round pick Alphonso Hodge is a quality corner who played some good football at Miami of Ohio.

Overall grade: C-. I am not a big fan of Derrick Johnson's play, and I didn't like the rest of their draft. Pretty blah.

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8416386

Coach
04-24-2005, 07:11 PM
Hey Prisco. I got a little advice to you. Go f**k yourself.

Bwana
04-24-2005, 07:13 PM
how in the heck can the Chiefs use a second-round pick on a punter?

Is this guy on crack?

Merril Hoge
04-24-2005, 07:13 PM
Prisco is about right. Especially on Johnson.

Woodrow Call
04-24-2005, 07:14 PM
This is my favorite part of the article,
Oakland Raiders

Overall grade: A. They made a good move trading Doug Jolley for a first-round pick that they turned into corner Fabian Washington. Don't forget Randy Moss is part of this draft, which makes this an A grade

But yet Surtain doesn't count in the Chiefs ROFL

J Diddy
04-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Hey Prisco. I got a little advice to you. Go f**k yourself.

My thinking is the same as yours.

I don't really follow college ball, but from everything I saw Derrick Johnson was the real deal. Everybody was happy that we got him especially at 15, wtf. These guys just like bagging on the Chiefs.

Count Zarth
04-24-2005, 07:15 PM
Questionable move: With so many needs on defense, how in the heck can the Chiefs use a second-round pick on a punter? There's always risk there when taking a punter or kicker this high.

MORON! We spent a third round compensatory pick on the punter.

Ultra Peanut
04-24-2005, 07:15 PM
Questionable move: Why in the heck they took Mike Williams 10th overall after taking receivers in the top 10 the past two drafts is a mystery. Defense should have been the priority here.And who would they have taken on D?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Denver Broncos

Best pick: Sixth-round pick Chris Myers is a typical Broncos lineman. He'll make their team.

Questionable move: Taking Maurice Clarett in the third round is a move that will be dissected a bunch. It might seem high, but Clarett can run the football.

Steal: Clarett. He will be a factor in their run game in a year or two.

Overall grade: C. They traded out of the first round, so they lost out on a marquee player. The rest of the draft was so-so. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

KC kid
04-24-2005, 07:17 PM
priscoe is dumb dang he does not even know his shit

Tuckdaddy
04-24-2005, 07:18 PM
What an idiot. Damn near all other experts think DJ was the best defensive player period and this dumbshit doesn't like his play? Tackles and int's are meaningless stats or something. He should be fired for such stupidity.

Our draft was B at worst. Counting Surtain I'd call it B+ for sure.

Saggysack
04-24-2005, 07:20 PM
Reading that shit makes a person dumb.

Bwana
04-24-2005, 07:21 PM
I just had to email him.

Hey skippy, the Chiefs used their "2nd round pick" on a guy named Surtain. (You may have heard of him?) The kicker you're ranting about was a 3rd round draft choice. To much time in the sun?

KC kid
Randy Moss will never win ANYTHING for any team he plays for. He is a great player, but he does not help a team. Also, the punter was not in the 2nd round. I don't get all the Johnson haters. He was BIGTIME for 4 years in the BEST college football conference, the b12 south. He had 130 tackles, so if you want to complain about missed tackles, imagine how many he would have had?

The Bad Guy
How can Prisco have Johnson going 3rd in his mock draft and gush all over him and then hate the pick when he falls to 15?

I hope you guys flooded his box with e-mails..

Ultra Peanut
04-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Reading that shit makes a person dumb.Yeah man now I cant read good.

KC kid
04-24-2005, 07:24 PM
Also, I really think Johnson could get in a lot better shape than he was for combine. He looked a little soft in the kcchiefs video

Saggysack
04-24-2005, 07:25 PM
Yeah man now I cant read good.

You too! Man, I thought I was the only one. Whew! What a relief.

Ultra Peanut
04-24-2005, 07:28 PM
How can Prisco have Johnson going 3rd in his mock draft and gush all over him and then hate the pick when he falls to 15?

I hope you guys flooded his box with e-mails.."Dude, you're an utter retard. I don't know what drugs your mother did when you were in her womb (this is taking for granted the fact that you were conceived and born via natural means rather than the result of some governmental project to see if they could produce the most ridiculously clueless, hopelessly idiotic excuse for a sportswriter in the history of the world from scratch), but whatever they were, they did one hell of a number on that baked potato you call a brain.

Twat."

Spicy McHaggis
04-24-2005, 07:29 PM

Here's a questionable move by CBS. How does a complete dumbass like yourself keep a job when he screw up simple facts? Go **** yourself Prisco.

Gravedigger
Here's the thing they don't give us a decent grade cause they don't take us seriously. Not to mention we spent a third round pick on a punter not a second so if he criticizes us he should get his facts straight. And who is prisco anyways? I've never heard of him. Obviously he is looking at our 31st rank defense last season and not our 13-3 record two years ago without a decent defense.

Ultra Peanut
You too! Man, I thought I was the only one. Whew! What a relief.Stop using them big words on me now?

DaneMcCloud
You're a Jackass! The Chiefs didn't use a 2nd round pick on a punter - that was used in the Patrick Surtain trade. The Chiefs used their compensority pick (#99) on a punter, which has been an area of weakness for years. And how could you say that you didn't like DJ at 15 when you slotted him to Detroit at 10 in your mock draft? You obviously don't research anything, including your own foolish projections. Pure jackass!

CosmicPal
04-24-2005, 07:32 PM
Prisco is about right. Especially on Johnson.

Why don't you just call up your buddy Pete, and have him discuss the Chiefs draft with us as well, Merril? By the way, was that a yellow suit you were wearing today, or were you just happy to see Andrea Kramer?

Sure-Oz
04-24-2005, 07:40 PM
What a ****ing douch bag.

KCChiefsFan88
04-24-2005, 07:43 PM
Prisco can't keep his head out of Shanahan's ass long enough to make an informed opinion.

I'm shocked Prisco actually gave the Donks a C

Uncle_Ted
04-24-2005, 08:17 PM
I just had to email him.

Hey skippy, the Chiefs used their "2nd round pick" on a guy named Surtain. (You may have heard of him?) The kicker you're ranting about was a 3rd round draft choice. To much time in the sun?

And near the end of the third round at that ...

So when is someone going to sign up as Pete Prisco and start pulling a Merrill Hoge on us?

Bowser
04-24-2005, 08:24 PM
I would imagine Prisco and Peter King were in the middle of a Shanahan sandwich when he typed that.

KCJake
04-24-2005, 08:44 PM
:bong:

Wile_E_Coyote
04-24-2005, 08:58 PM
DJ, Surtain, Welborne,Colquit(sp?), Thorpe, Hall...I'm freaking thrilled

KevB
04-24-2005, 09:00 PM
This is my favorite part of the article,
Oakland Raiders

Overall grade: A. They made a good move trading Doug Jolley for a first-round pick that they turned into corner Fabian Washington. Don't forget Randy Moss is part of this draft, which makes this an A grade

But yet Surtain doesn't count in the Chiefs ROFL

And Fabian Washington is a great 1st round pick? That guy was a 3rd rounder until he ran a fast 40 at the combine. He was virtually a non-factor at Nebraska. Their defense was torched regularly last year.

KevB
04-24-2005, 09:01 PM
DJ, Surtain, Welborne,Colquit(sp?), Thorpe, Hall...I'm freaking thrilled

Couldn't agree more.

mikey23545
04-24-2005, 09:01 PM
I imagine what Pricko hates about the Chiefs is that he sometimes lurks around this BB and realizes the average Chief fan seems to know twice as much about the NFL as his gay little ass does, and it just pisses him off so bad he can't stand it....

beer bacon
04-24-2005, 09:03 PM
E-mail sent:

Congratulations on the Chiefs draft grade. It is not every day when a national columnist can be both factually incorrect and radically inconsistent in one small blurb.

Lets just ignore that you seem to not really think it was nice at all that the Chiefs drafted Derrick Johnson in the first round. I am sure you are one of those lucky few that actually thinks Erasmus James will be anything but a bust in the NFL. I laughed every time I saw a national sports columnist with him as our #15 pick.

Moving on, the Chiefs did not sign a punter in the second round. They drafted him with the 99th pick in the 3rd round. Was it really that hard to look at a draft tracker while you were writing this article? If you would have actually bothered to check to see when Colquitt was drafted you would have seen that he went right around when he was projected to go.

Speaking of the 2nd round, we traded for some cornerback named Patrick Surtain with the 46th pick. I hear he is pretty good. Shame that you gave the Raiders an A on the draft for trading for Moss, but when it comes to the Chiefs you just completely ignore that we signed Surtain with our 2nd round pick. That is just extremely inconsistent grading criteria, and makes you look like an idiot.

Good luck on the whole article writing thing. For next draft you might want to set some grading criteria before hand and you might also want to actually know when players were drafted instead of just guessing and arbitrarily assigning grades.

whoman69
04-24-2005, 09:06 PM
The guy doesn't know we went thru 3 punters last year? He calls the Colquitt pick a questionable move as a 2nd rounder. He was a 3rd round pick you freaking tard. And yet he calls the Clarrett pick a steal when most figured he'd probably be picked in the 6th and they didn't have a pick for the next two rounds? :bong:
Come get your medicine Prisco rochambeau

StcChief
04-24-2005, 09:06 PM
Piss on the media.

Let's let the on the field team do the talking.

I don't care if they eat their words.

Count Zarth
04-24-2005, 09:07 PM
E-mail sent:

Congratulations on the Chiefs draft grade. It is not every day when a national columnist can be both factually incorrect and radically inconsistent in one small blurb.

Lets just ignore that you seem to not really think it was nice at all that the Chiefs drafted Derrick Johnson in the first round. I am sure you are one of those lucky few that actually thinks Erasmus James will be anything but a bust in the NFL. I laughed every time I saw a national sports columnist with him as our #15 pick.

Moving on, the Chiefs did not sign a punter in the second round. They drafted him with the 99th pick in the 3rd round. Was it really that hard to look at a draft tracker while you were writing this article? If you would have actually bothered to check to see when Colquitt was drafted you would have seen that he went right around when he was projected to go.

Speaking of the 2nd round, we traded for some cornerback named Patrick Surtain with the 46th pick. I hear he is pretty good. Shame that you gave the Raiders an A on the draft for trading for Moss, but when it comes to the Chiefs you just completely ignore that we signed Surtain with our 2nd round pick. That is just extremely inconsistent grading criteria, and makes you look like an idiot.

Good luck on the whole article writing thing. For next draft you might want to set some grading criteria before hand and you might also want to actually know when players were drafted instead of just guessing and arbitrarily assigning grades.

Rep for you, Mr. Bacon.

Pants
04-24-2005, 09:09 PM
I wish Jaws or Clayton confronted idiots like Prisco, Hoge, Passthepasta, etc. on nationaly TV and made them look like the f*cking idiots they are. This is simply unbelievable. What other field can a person be so unprofessional and keep getting payed for their "services"? Ridiculous.

nomad
04-24-2005, 09:16 PM
Also, I really think Johnson could get in a lot better shape than he was for combine. He looked a little soft in the kcchiefs video

Great observation, I suggest all interested KC Fans go on KCCHIEFS.COM and take a look at Johnson. What struck me was how soft he looked across the chest and shoulders. What also stood out is how well he moved in the drills and the speed in which he can drop in coverage.

Johnson need to hit the weight room NOW. And when he gets in camp he needs to follow Grigsby and Knight and watch how hard they hit the weights.

If he gets stronger... he can become a "manimal" on the field.

whoman69
04-24-2005, 09:20 PM
I did a little research on how the tard thinks. He thought the Lions made a big mistake taking Mike Williams at 10. Who did he have going to the Lions in his mock draft? Errr, Derrick Johnson. So its a bad move for KC at 15 but a great move for Detroit at 10. Shouldn't expect much from someone who thought the Browns should have taken Alex Barron at #3. If you did a poll of experts as to what first round player would be the player most likely to bust, and Barron would win hands down.

htismaqe
04-25-2005, 07:22 AM
Here is a copy of what I sent Mr. Prisco

------------------------------------------------

I'm sitting here this morning wondering why I can't be an NFL national columnist.

After all, I didn't RAVE about Derrick Johnson when I picked him in my mock to go to Detroit at #10, then turn around and say I that I didn't like the pick when he fell to the Chiefs at #15.

Also, I was quite aware that the Chiefs selected Tennessee punter Dustin Colquitt with the 99th pick in the THIRD round, not the 2nd.

Hoover
04-25-2005, 07:32 AM
I really like this draft.

What were the Chief suposed to do, pass on the best defensive player at 15. DJ is a play maker, and we need those guys, plus I think having him along side Bell will be huge.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
04-25-2005, 07:45 AM
I did a little research on how the tard thinks. He thought the Lions made a big mistake taking Mike Williams at 10. Who did he have going to the Lions in his mock draft? Errr, Derrick Johnson. So its a bad move for KC at 15 but a great move for Detroit at 10. Shouldn't expect much from someone who thought the Browns should have taken Alex Barron at #3. If you did a poll of experts as to what first round player would be the player most likely to bust, and Barron would win hands down.

My exact thinking.......... I emailed Prisco and brought that to his attention, figuring he was to brain dead to remember him having Johnson go #10 to Detroit. What pisses me off more than all his "expert analyisis" on the players picked is his nut sucking of Al Davis and Raiders metioning how Moss is part of this draft and not considering that Patrick Surtain is better than any player taken in the 2nd round. Not to mention his lack of research before he shoots his mouth off about taking a punter in the "2nd round".

But to classify Clarett as a "steal" for the Donks!! You have got to be kidding me!! Hell they only have 23 RB's on the roster as it is and they burn a pick in the third for him! When they did not have another pick for a hundred picks! :holdman: Not only is he going to bust he is going to be a pain in the ass for the rat when he does not get to play! I love it!

Baby Lee
04-25-2005, 08:03 AM
Stop using them big words on me now?
Who put a question mark on the teleprompter?

Darien25
04-25-2005, 08:23 AM
[QUOTE=Hoover]I really like this draft.

What were the Chief suposed to do, pass on the best defensive player at 15. DJ is a play maker, and we need those guys, plus I think having him along side Bell will be huge.[/QUOTE

Exactly, I think this was a great draft as well. Can you imagine what would have been said if the Chiefs had not drafted DJ. Carl probably would be receiving death threats and the planet would implode. The media would be having a field day wondering why DJ was passed over.

shaneo69
04-25-2005, 08:31 AM

Apparently since the Browns and Lions passed on him, he must suck.

KChiefs1
04-25-2005, 09:23 AM
how in the heck can the Chiefs use a second-round pick on a punter?

99th pick which is really a 4th rounder not a 2nd rounder dumbass! :cuss:

KChiefs1
04-25-2005, 09:26 AM
Best pick: Hard to find one I like. I'll go with fourth-round pick Craphonso Thorpe. If he can revert to his pre-injury form of 2003, he can become a starting player.

Steal: Fifth-round pick Alphonso Hodge is a quality corner who played some good football at Miami of Ohio.

At least he sees the potential in these guys...just wished his opinion mattered to me. :shake:

htismaqe
04-25-2005, 10:09 AM
Who put a question mark on the teleprompter?

"Go **** yourselves, San Diego."