PDA

View Full Version : Our picks contribution

whoman69
04-24-2005, 08:21 PM
Which of our picks will contribute to the Chiefs long term, say five years or more barring major injury? Multiple choices can be made and the choices will be public.

SCTrojan
04-24-2005, 08:27 PM
Chose DJ and "Boomer." DJ is an obvious choice. And with a name like "Boomer" you can't go wrong. I like the attitude he conveyed in his interview as well.

Chiefnj
04-24-2005, 08:38 PM
I voted for DJ and two offensive linemen. Svitek and Parquete will have the luxury of learning under two of the best linemen to ever play the game and several other excellent guards and a center. There will be pressure on them to play immediately. If they are willing to learn and work they should eventually start a few years down the road and be in good shape.

StcChief
04-24-2005, 09:38 PM
Colquitt - if good could be difference maker in close games. This is big if the rest of the team is solid.

DJ and Boomer - LBs long term solidify the D. run/pass.

Count Alex's Losses
04-24-2005, 09:41 PM
I think DJ, Colquitt, Crap and Hodge can all contribute in regular roles. I'd love to see crap become the 4th wideout (or maybe even the third?) and hodge the 4th corner.

I think BOOMER is a lock for special teams demon.

The rest will be on the practice squad or cut, IMO.

whoman69
04-24-2005, 11:01 PM
I am not real sure that any of our 2nd day picks were anything more than immediate ST help without any certainty that they could achieve beyond this. Grigsby is an inside backer and to make the team this season he would have to prove Mitchell a bust. He is, but I'm not sure the Chiefs can say that in just his 3rd season. Thorpe has a chance of eventually replacing Kennison, but his chances of being anything more than practice squad this season are questioinable. He doesn't seem to play ST, nor does Hodge who is said to avoid making hits.

Rausch
04-24-2005, 11:05 PM
Nothing makes or breaks a season like the kicking game. I can't count how many games the Pats have won by their kickers and how many we've lost because of ours...