PDA

View Full Version : Synchronicity

Ultra Peanut
04-24-2005, 10:23 PM
So there I was, chatting on the chat section of a Memphis Tigers forum. Danny Wimprine's mom entered the chat. After a short discussion, she mentioned that he'd be leaving for Cleveland on Thursday to go to the Browns' mini-camp.

The Grizzlies-Suns game is on a commercial break. The moment after I read the line of text saying he was going to Cleveland on Thursday, a woman in the commercial said, "FedEx Ground can get it to Cleveland by Wednesday."

Spooky.

siberian khatru
04-24-2005, 10:25 PM
I get chills every time I drive through Tennessee on my way to Missouri. Especially in the winter.

Ultra Peanut
04-24-2005, 10:26 PM
I get chills every time I drive through Tennessee on my way to Missouri. Especially in the winter.That's probably because you never wear any pants.

KCWolfman
04-24-2005, 10:30 PM
Synchronicity was certainly their highlight moment of the career, but I honestly liked Regatta De Blanc and Outlandos D'Amor much much more.

siberian khatru
04-24-2005, 10:31 PM
That's probably because you never wear any pants.

How else am I supposed to moon the entire state as I go through it?

tk13
04-24-2005, 10:32 PM
De do do do, de da da da.

Straight, No Chaser
04-24-2005, 10:40 PM
A sleep trance, a dream dance,
A shared romance,

Time to dust off the vinyl.

Actually, Synchronicity II has a slightly better line:

...Daddy only stares into the distance
There's only so much more that he can take...

KCWolfman
04-24-2005, 10:41 PM
A sleep trance, a dream dance,
A shared romance,

Time to dust off the vinyl.

Actually, Synchronicity II had a better line:

...Daddy only stares into the distance
There's only so much more that he can take...
And every meeting with his so-called superiors is a humiliating kick in the crotch...... Many miles away.......

Very good album, but I still like their white boy reggae much more.

Straight, No Chaser
04-24-2005, 11:06 PM
And every meeting with his so-called superiors is a humiliating kick in the crotch...... Many miles away.......

Very good album, but I still like their white boy reggae much more.

Greetings wolfman!

Agreed.

I was at Warrensburg when Synchronicity came out and kind of sensed they were spent as a group. Saw them on their first tour for "The Police" downtown some where (Uptown Theatre?). Later, I was fourth row center at Kemper for "Ghost in the Machine". All together a memorable night however, if I remember correctly, it was near the end of their tour of North America and Sting was decidedly tired. After what I suspect were a few large rails, he ran around the stage in circles several times during the encore.

Yea, I like the stuff they borrowed from B Marley a lot but the later stuff had very sophisticated arrangements for the time.

--->

KCWolfman
04-24-2005, 11:08 PM
Agreed.
I was at Warrensburg when Synchronicity came out and kind of sensed they were spent as a group. Saw them on their first tour for "The Police" downtown some where (Uptown Theatre?). Later, I was fourth row center at Kemper for "Ghost in the Machine". All together a memorable night however, if I remember correclty, it was near the end of their tour of North America and Sting was decidely tired. After what I suspect was a few lines, he ran around the stage in circles several times during the encore.

Yea, I like the stuff they borrowed from B Marley a lot but the later stuff had very sophisticated arrangements for the time.

--->

I saw the Synchronicity tour in Lexington, KY. I think it was 81 or 82. Joan Jett opened for them and was absolutely atrocious. I do remember Stewart Copeland hitting about 12-15 instruments throughout the concert. Sting didn't impress me one way or the other. But I did enjoy the show.

Count Alex's Losses
04-24-2005, 11:10 PM
I just learned a new word!

syn·chro·nic·i·ty Audio pronunciation of "Synchronicity" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sngkr-ns-t, sn-)
n. pl. syn·chro·nic·i·ties

1. The state or fact of being synchronous or simultaneous; synchronism.
2. Coincidence of events that seem to be meaningfully related, conceived in Jungian theory as an explanatory principle on the same order as causality.

KCWolfman
04-24-2005, 11:12 PM
I just learned a new word!

syn·chro·nic·i·ty Audio pronunciation of "Synchronicity" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sngkr-ns-t, sn-)
n. pl. syn·chro·nic·i·ties

1. The state or fact of being synchronous or simultaneous; synchronism.
2. Coincidence of events that seem to be meaningfully related, conceived in Jungian theory as an explanatory principle on the same order as causality.
You are going to look like a dog chasing his tail when you start looking up definitions to the definitions.

ZootedGranny
04-24-2005, 11:15 PM
Once I was listening to the Scorpion's "Rock You Like a Hurricane" during lunch. Shortly after the song ended, a hurricane comprised strictly of scorpions came and destroyed the building around me, lifted me into the air and threw me into a brush creek. And I must say, it did "rock" so it was extremely weird.

Ultra Peanut
04-24-2005, 11:16 PM
Shortly after the song ended, a hurricane comprised strictly of scorpions came and destroyed the building around me, lifted me into the air and threw me into a brush creek.I hate it when that happens.

KCWolfman
04-24-2005, 11:16 PM
Once I was listening to the Scorpion's "Rock You Like a Hurricane" during lunch. Shortly after the song ended, a hurricane comprised strictly of scorpions came and destroyed the building around me, lifted me into the air and threw me into a brsuh creek. And I must say, it did "rock" so it was extremely weird.
Stay away from Midnight Oil unless you want to wake up ablaze.

Count Alex's Losses
04-24-2005, 11:17 PM
A better man would make a joke about "Dust in the Wind" here.

Count Alex's Losses
04-24-2005, 11:17 PM
Wait. Kansas did that, didn't they? I think Scorpion did a cover.

ENDelt260
04-25-2005, 03:50 AM
Stay away from Midnight Oil unless you want to wake up ablaze.
I should probably be embarassed at how much I laughed at this post.

But, really, how CAN we sleep?