PDA

View Full Version : Can Craphonso thorpe get playing time this season ?

Ninjaman
04-24-2005, 10:13 PM
Beat out anyone ?

Count Zarth
04-24-2005, 10:14 PM
Boerigter's ass is on the line.

Bwana
04-24-2005, 10:15 PM
Why yes, yes he can.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-24-2005, 10:16 PM
He can. Hopefully him and Parker, along with a June 1st pick up, can do some things.

Rain Man
04-24-2005, 10:17 PM
I hope so.

Parker intrigued me a lot last season. I'm hoping that Parker can grab a starting job.

Woodrow Call
04-24-2005, 10:22 PM
I think Thorpe has 1st rd talent so I absolutely think he can play right away if he can grasp the system.

If Boerighter is fully recovered I hope they cut Morton and go with:

(In no particular order)

Kennison
Boerighter
Parker
Thorpe
Hall
Hill

That would give the Chiefs 4 explosive starting type receivers(Kennison, Bo, Parker,Thorpe), one amazing gimmick receiver(Hall), and a special teams stud(Hill).

whoman69
04-24-2005, 10:23 PM
Returning players:
Eddie Kennison- most likely still the starter
Johnny Morton- gone after June 1
Dante Hall- no brainer
Samie Parker- will compete for starting spot
Mark Boerichter- coming off injury, but is ST stud
Chris Horn- good hands and ST player
Jeris McIntyre- was only on practice team, stays until last cut because we get a NFLEL exemption

That's 7 receivers coming back. I expect five to be competing ahead of Crap. There's nothing to show that he has enough bulk to be a gunner on ST. Without ST its going to be hard for him to be on the active roster. I see practice squad for him unless Boe cannot come back or they get rid of Horn. That would make him a 4th or 5th receiver.

Count Zarth
04-24-2005, 10:24 PM
Returning players:
Dante Hall- no brainer
Jeris McIntyre- was only on practice team, stays until last cut because we get a NFLEL exemption

That's 7 receivers coming back. I expect five to be competing ahead of Crap. There's nothing to show that he has enough bulk to be a gunner on ST. Without ST its going to be hard for him to be on the active roster. I see practice squad for him unless Boe cannot come back or they get rid of Horn. That would make him a 4th or 5th receiver.

Don't forget Rick Smith and John Booth.

The competition is going to be fierce.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-24-2005, 10:27 PM
Don't rule out the Chiefs bringing in a cap casulty.

Maybe Isaac Bruce? That'd be sweet.

ChiefsCountry
04-24-2005, 10:29 PM
Bruce for Morton would be awesome, but I have a feeling that Morton will still be on the team this year.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-24-2005, 10:32 PM
On the sports tonight they talked about the Chiefs having to make some room for their rookies, and possible other moves, so don't rule out some veterans being let go on June 1, and I think Morton will be one of them.

KCJake
04-24-2005, 10:33 PM
Don't rule out the Chiefs bringing in a cap casulty.

Maybe Isaac Bruce? That'd be sweet.
That would be great. If Morton does get cut, which I think he will, it would be nice to have a veteran WR on the team.
Kennison
Boerighter
Parker
Thorpe
Hall
Hill

Other than Kennison, we are pretty inexperienced.

mrbiggz
04-24-2005, 10:47 PM
With all the bumbs we have in the secondary I sure hope so

unlurking
04-24-2005, 10:57 PM
I've read all the stats people have been posting on him, and I was pretty impressed, until I watched his highlight real on kcchiefs.com. They most have shown about 30 plays, and it seemed like all his catches were 5 yard outs or slants. A few 10 yarders, but nothing deep (that he caught anyway) like his speed leads us to believe.

I also don't like his "moves" after the catch. He seems to shy away from contact trying to juke someone which makes him lose a yard or three.

On the blocking highlights, he seemed to not be able to handle his man well, and on one play, his man made the tackle. On the others, his man was there to cause the runner to shift outside or support.

Color me ambivalent, but I don't think he can replace Bo, Horn, Parker, or Morton. I doubt he sees the field next year. Basically, I didn't see any "highlight" worthy plays on his highlight reel.

philfree
04-24-2005, 11:44 PM
Returning players:
Dante Hall- no brainer

I could swear that during the NFLE game tonight they said McIntyre was averaging 25 yards a catch. :)

PhilFree:arrow:

HolmeZz
04-24-2005, 11:46 PM
Yeah, I've heard that McIntyre is tearing up Europe.

Mecca
04-25-2005, 12:00 AM
If you guys really think they'll cut Thorpe and put him on the practice squad to keep Chris Horne you're sadly mistaken. Carl Peterson in no way shape or form is going to cut the 3rd player they picked in this draft. Plus someone would sign him before he ever made it to the PS.

Ninjaman
04-25-2005, 12:19 AM
i agree.

I just wish we picked up the 6-4" guy from w.virginia.

He has Randy Moss type ability. Cinci picked up in the 3rd round.

Rausch
04-25-2005, 12:37 AM
Once Morton is cut, yes....

Logical
04-25-2005, 12:40 AM
I could swear that during the NFLE game tonight they said McIntyre was averaging 25 yards a catch. :)

PhilFree:arrow:
They did!