PDA

View Full Version : Who had the best drafts (on paper)??

Chiefnj
04-25-2005, 08:34 AM
Denny Green has made a big difference in Arizona. Rolle should be a great corner and Green could be a #2 corner. Plus they got Blackstock late and Elton Brown late, both of which were generally rated to go much eariler.

Cincy had an excellent day 1 with Pollack, Odell Thurman and a WR Henry who has lots of skill but some attitude problems.

I thought San Diego had a good draft (Damn Marty). They picked up two good defenders early and then grabbed a big WR. Looking at the corners the Raiders and Broncos picked up, grabbing a 6'4" receiver seems like a good move.

I hate to admit it, but I thought Oakland did well from round 3 on.

|Zach|
04-25-2005, 08:36 AM
Draft grading.

jspchief
04-25-2005, 08:38 AM
I thought Dallas did very well. I also liked Cincinatti.

Skip Towne
04-25-2005, 08:41 AM
The Chiefs did pretty well.

blogman42
04-25-2005, 08:46 AM
eagles

htismaqe
04-25-2005, 09:52 AM
Oakland's day 2 really made up for a very poor day 1. Once again Al gets seduced by speed. But Pete McMahon is a solid T and excellent value in the 6th.

The Chargers once again had a great "paper" draft, but it remains to be seen if they can get out of them what everybody thinks they can.

I thought Cinci and Arizona had really good drafts too.

BigChiefFan
04-25-2005, 10:05 AM
The Cardinals, IMO had one of the better drafts. I've said it before and I'll say it again... Denny Green is a Hell of a talent evaluator. I think he would be a better GM, than a coach.

jspchief
04-25-2005, 10:08 AM
Oakland's day 2 really made up for a very poor day 1. Once again Al gets seduced by speed. But Pete McMahon is a solid T and excellent value in the 6th.

Hawthorne is a calculated risk, and I agree on McMahon. I think Pete can add immediate depth.

I also think we may be cussing Andrew Walter in the future. He knows how to throw the deep ball, and the Raiders now have a WR that's pretty good at catching them.