PDA

View Full Version : Mac Users: Thoughts On Tiger?

The Rick
04-25-2005, 11:27 AM
I just switched to a Mac this past January (purchased a Mini as soon as they were available) and haven't looked back. By far, the best computing decision I've ever made. Everything just works and everything about OS X and the iLife apps just makes sense.

That said, I'm really looking forward to Tiger. It sucks that I just bought my Mini in January and am already dropping $129 for an OS upgrade, but oh well. I knew that when I bought it.

I pre-ordered Tiger as soon as it was available too and I should get it on my doorstep this Friday if not sooner.

Spotlight looks cool as does Dashboard and Automator. I can already think of some things to use Automator for and am thinking about writing some Dashboard widgets for fun (it looks suprisingly easy if you've ever done any web programming). It's not getting a lot of pub now, but I think Automator will be one of the best things that come out of Tiger. I think, with time, there will be more and more uses discovered for it.

NewChief
04-25-2005, 01:08 PM
Tiger looks awesome. I'm hacked because my wife's boss bought her her new G5 7 days before the cutoff to get a free upgrade of Tiger. I may break down and get it anyway. I'll likely get the lowdown from my brother who is a diehard mac geek.