PDA

View Full Version : Fujita or Barber?

jspchief
04-25-2005, 11:53 AM
Most have penciled in Johnson as a starter at OLB, and let's hope that comes to fruition. That means somebody is going to lose his starting spot. I've seen mixed opinions on whether barber or Fujita is the better guy to be the other starter.

So who do you think it should be? Feel free to explain your choice.

Coogs
04-25-2005, 11:57 AM
Fox

jspchief
04-25-2005, 12:00 PM
Added note: We'll go on the assumption that both Fujita and Barber are 100% healthy, just to keep things simple.

FWIW, I want Fujita. I think he's faster and has a better nose for the ball. The only knock on Fujita is that he sometimes needs help with tackles, but to be honest, I think Barber's tackling has been sh*tful since he's been in KC. I certainly don't think Barber is nay better in coverage either.

Coogs
04-25-2005, 12:01 PM
Added note: We'll go on the assumption that both Fujita and Barber are 100% healthy, just to keep things simple.

FWIW, I want Fujita. I think he's faster and has a better nose for the ball. The only knock on Fujita is that he sometimes needs help with tackles, but to be honest, I think Barber's tackling has been sh*tful since he's been in KC. I certainly don't think Barber is nay better in coverage either.

Still Fox.

Nightfyre
04-25-2005, 12:02 PM
I gotta go Fuj. He has the most upside of all our LBs. Then again, if Barber can return to pre-chiefs form, it might be worth it.

And to top it all off, we have a young LB Corps that could last us until another rebuild is complete. Build the chemistry. This LB corps could last another 7 years together if the pieces fell into place.

TRR
04-25-2005, 12:04 PM
Fox couldn't even get on the field when are LB's were atrocious last season. I mean, we had Monty Beisel, Quinton Caver, and Kawika Mitchell start a handful of games last season.

Fox will be lucky to make the 53 man roster this season, let alone start.

Coogs
04-25-2005, 12:09 PM
Fox couldn't even get on the field when are LB's were atrocious last season. I mean, we had Monty Beisel, Quinton Caver, and Kawika Mitchell start a handful of games last season.

Time will tell.

jcroft
04-25-2005, 12:12 PM
I think Fujita has the most upside of our current LBs (not including Johnson), but from what the Chiefs are saying, he plays the same side of the field as Johnson. Thus, I have to take Barber as the other starter, since he plays on the other side.

Chiefnj
04-25-2005, 12:14 PM
Barber has shown he can play at a very high level when surrounded by competent players (his time with Philly). I give him the nod now that he'll have Bell next to him and a decent secondary behind him.

jspchief
04-25-2005, 12:19 PM
I think Fujita has the most upside of our current LBs (not including Johnson), but from what the Chiefs are saying, he plays the same side of the field as Johnson. Thus, I have to take Barber as the other starter, since he plays on the other side.You would have a point if they used a weakside/strongside scheme, but according to Vermeil they don't. If it's not a matter of who lines up better on the strong side, how can it possibly matter what side they line up on? It just doesn't make sense.

I wonder if DV actually knows what he's talking about. Is it possible that he's that out of touch with this D?

RickObie
04-25-2005, 12:19 PM
I'm going to say Fuj, only because I read that Barber is not healthy. It wouldn't surprise me to see him not play this year!

KCChiefsFan88
04-25-2005, 12:21 PM
How about just put the three best available LBs out there.

DJ, Bell and Fujita would be my choice

htismaqe
04-25-2005, 12:31 PM

Fox was hurt early and missed time. And he also beat the piss out of Beisel during a film session. He got the "Larry Johnson" treatment from Vermeil.

He'll make the 53-man, no problem.

htismaqe
04-25-2005, 12:31 PM
If he's healthy, Barber should be out there.

J Diddy
04-25-2005, 12:32 PM
Fox was hurt early and missed time. And he also beat the piss out of Beisel during a film session. He got the "Larry Johnson" treatment from Vermeil.

He'll make the 53-man, no problem.

He beat the piss out of Beisel?

When did this happen?

htismaqe
04-25-2005, 01:30 PM
He beat the piss out of Beisel?

When did this happen?

It was hyperbole.

They got into it, and apparently Fox started it. I don't think anybody really got beat up, though.

Warrior5
04-25-2005, 02:13 PM
Barber does play better when he has actual talent around him, but I still like Fuj.

...wants Fuj to have a breakout year.