PDA

View Full Version : Do you think there are cures for most diseases??

Pages : [1] 2

badgirl
04-25-2005, 01:39 PM
I was "made fun" of my Stumppy and Lil' Stumppy last night when I said I beleived there are cures out there for most if not all "uncurable" diseases.

I told them the govt. and pharmacies doesn't want to cure fatal diseases. I heard and I don't remember where, a few years back of a Japaniese scientist who found a cure for cancer, then BOOM don't hear from him again, no news on it or anything.

IMO the govt and pharmacies and Dr.s are all legal drug dealers. They would lose too much money to create a cure for say AIDS or Cancer or ALS, or MS or any other terminal disease out there. Sure they stretch out your lifespan with drugs or machines, but thats a way to collect that much longer.

All this is my opinion. What are your view points on the subject?
This may be moved to the Washington D.C. forum, I don't know.

ptlyon
04-25-2005, 01:41 PM
Git out yer tin foil hats folks!

Clint in Wichita
04-25-2005, 01:41 PM
Unfortunately for many Planeteers, I doubt there's a cure for Down Syndrome floating around out there.

Donger
04-25-2005, 01:42 PM
I told them the govt. and pharmacies doesn't want to cure fatal diseases.

Watch out for The Black Helicopters, too.

Pants
It makes sense, but on the other hand the gov't is paying millions to researchers to find those cures... Like I said before, I give cancer another 4 years before there's a cure.

Skip Towne
Hahahahahahahahahaha. Just kidding.

Iowanian
04-25-2005, 01:43 PM
This is your brain, after years and years of Unmedical Marijuana treatment, not overseen by a physician.

badgirl
04-25-2005, 01:43 PM
Git out yer tin foil hats folks!
Sorry but you guys will never persuade me on this one, you can't prove it isn't true cause there is no proof out there for us to find.

Amnorix
04-25-2005, 01:44 PM
Please keep in mind that Stumppy is always right and you are always wrong. That will help in resolving both this issue and future topics of debate.

:p

KC Dan
04-25-2005, 01:45 PM
Sorry but you guys will never persuade me on this one, you can't prove it isn't true cause there is no proof out there for us to find.
Well we aren't from Krypton even though there is no proof that we are not. :banghead:

Donger
04-25-2005, 01:45 PM

Well, proving a negative can be rather difficult.

ptlyon
04-25-2005, 01:46 PM
you can't prove it isn't true cause there is no proof out there for us to find.

yeah - and CP will never have a good draft...

er, um.

Never mind.

badgirl
04-25-2005, 01:46 PM
It makes sense, but on the other hand the gov't is paying millions to researchers to find those cures... Like I said before, I give cancer another 4 years before there's a cure.
we sent a man to the moon in the 60's, people can change the way they look by the touch of a Dr., look at all the advancements out there, cancer has always been around and people dying from it, you telling me with all this technology and money they are provided a cure has never been found. I'm sure other countries found one a long time ago, but the U.S. doesn't want to hear about it.

Saulbadguy
04-25-2005, 01:47 PM
You can't prove its true, either.

Coogs
04-25-2005, 01:47 PM
badgirl,

Not sure if you lumped it in with the others as being such, but MS is not a fatal disease. My wife has MS. At this point in time she is doing very well. Just gets very fatigued very easily. I still hopt they come up with a cure for MS in the very near future though, as most all of the drugs out on the market to help with the symptoms prevention of MS are very, very expensive.

Iowanian
04-25-2005, 01:48 PM
badgranny.........you'll always know you're Right, if the statement you're making ALWAYS begins with

"A Man once told me........."

badgirl
04-25-2005, 01:49 PM
You can't prove its true, either.
thats why I said IMO.
You guys just don't want to agree with me cause of my past posts, but I read over in the D.C forums a long time ago where this subject was brought up and people were saying the same thing that I beleive...although I did not post on them cause I don't get into politics.

Skip Towne
04-25-2005, 01:50 PM
Did you know that in the '30's a man invented a carburetor that would make cars get 100 miles per gallon? Yeah, but the oil companies bought the patent so nobody could sell them so they could sell more gas.

Iowanian
04-25-2005, 01:51 PM
you've been eating the old guy you babysit's icy hot again haven't you? Huffing the Been Gay?

You really think a govt official is so hell bent on keeping the population down or whatever, that he wouldn't leak the secret if say his Mo/Fa-ther gets XYZ cancer to save his own family member?

Kook.

patteeu
You must be kidding, right?

badgirl
badgirl,

Not sure if you lumped it in with the others as being such, but MS is not a fatal disease. My wife has MS. At this point in time she is doing very well. Just gets very fatigued very easily. I still hopt they come up with a cure for MS in the very near future though, as most all of the drugs out on the market to help with the symptoms prevention of MS are very, very expensive.
The man I take care of has MS and the dr. gave him 3-5 years to live, with some not all cause there are different kinds out there, you lose your ability to breath, first he will be on a bi-pap machine and then gradually he won't be able to breath, as I said there are different kinds of MS, he is already in a wheel chair and is paralized from the waist down, some people live a almost normal life.

jarjar
04-25-2005, 01:52 PM
Ah yes of course. A vast inter-corporate inter-goverment global conspiracy to keep people from getting cured of diseases. That makes perfect sense. Especially when you base the whole thing on a few rumors and a gut feeling.

Actually, I guess I'm making fun of you too. sorry.

badgirl
Did you know that in the '30's a man invented a carburetor that would make cars get 100 miles per gallon? Yeah, but the oil companies bought the patent so nobody could sell them so they could sell more gas.
Same kinda thing I think with the disease cures.

Donger
we sent a man to the moon in the 60's, people can change the way they look by the touch of a Dr., look at all the advancements out there, cancer has always been around and people dying from it, you telling me with all this technology and money they are provided a cure has never been found. I'm sure other countries found one a long time ago, but the U.S. doesn't want to hear about it.

What the hell does the Apollo program have to do with this?

Iowanian
04-25-2005, 01:53 PM
If you were thinking, you wouldn't have Thunk that.

Donger
04-25-2005, 01:53 PM

OMFG.

badgirl
04-25-2005, 01:55 PM
I was trying to prove a point that they have the brain power to do these kind of things, but they can't come up with cures for diseases? Please. :rolleyes:

Saulbadguy
04-25-2005, 01:55 PM
They are keeping a tight seal on the cure for stupidity, I see.

Saulbadguy
04-25-2005, 01:56 PM
I was trying to prove a point that they have the brain power to do these kind of things, but they can't come up with cures for diseases? Please. :rolleyes:
Now that you think of it, landing on the moon wasn't that great of a feat.

badgirl
Hardy Har Har, give the boy a hand :clap: :clap:

Pants

You're insane if you think that's true. So, according to your speculations, US is the only country to suffer from cancer? Your examples are also very stupid and have nothing to do with cancer/AIDS/other uncurable diseases. Think of this: if someone was to find a cure for cancer/AIDS, they would make a lot more money than they are making now: the initial surge would be HUGE and people would keep getting cancer (just because there's a cure, doesn't mean people stop getting sick).

Baby Lee
I love this place. :clap:

Iowanian
04-25-2005, 01:57 PM
did it ever occur to you, that manipulating Virus' and cellular changes(I'm not talking about your barbi phone either) are more complicated than turning Gas mixtures into enough force to lift an inannimate object into the atmosphere?

If Madagascar developed the Cure for cancer, don't you think TWA would Open a couple of more flights per day there? Its not like you can't be anywhere in the world in 2 days....

Stumpy is losing brain cells just debating this with you. He should punch you in the Gooch.

Donger
04-25-2005, 01:57 PM

Ummm, flying into space was/is an engineering issue.

BTW, as I'm sure you know, we never actually landed on the moon.

badgirl
04-25-2005, 01:58 PM
You're insane if you think that's true. So, according to your speculations, US is the only country to suffer from cancer? Your examples are also very stupid and have nothing to do with cancer/AIDS/other uncurable diseases. Think of this: if someone was to find a cure for cancer/AIDS, they would make a lot more money than they are making now: the initial surge would be HUGE and people would keep getting cancer (just because there's a cure, doesn't mean people stop getting sick).
we would also become over populated.

cheeeefs
OMFG.

hehe... hookline and sinker eh.

Saulbadguy
What is so great about sliced bread, anyways?

cdcox
04-25-2005, 01:59 PM
I do research on applying engineering principals to understanding biology at the genetic level. I am not an expert in molecular biology per se, but I've seen enough to know how complex these biological systems are and how very little we know about them.

Suppose you were an alien from another planet and wanted to learn about human civilization. You chose to study NYC. Well, our progress so far (sequencing the human genome) is that we have the white pages telephone book for NYC. We know peoples addresses and telephone numbers. We also have a map that shows where addresses are located. In a few cases we know what is going on at an address because we know what a florist is, what a doctor is, and what a deli is, etc. This is called gene annotation. But other things we aren't as sure about. For example is Barnes and Smith a law office, accountants, or an engineering firm? To really understand things we need to know which individuals work at which jobs. Not much clue at all here, the white pages just doesn't tell us that. Now to cure a disease, we need to know why Bob was late for his dinner date with Sally. How in the heck are you going to figure that out from the white pages, if you have zero other knowledge of human beings? In other words, we have a long way to go.

Cures may be found for many diseases in the next 30 years, but there are no hidden cures for diseases, with the possible exception of biological warefare agents, of which I have zero specific knowledge. At least in that case someone would have a rational (if immoral) reason for keeping the cure silent.

badgirl
04-25-2005, 01:59 PM
did it ever occur to you, that manipulating Virus' and cellular changes(I'm not talking about your barbi phone either) are more complicated than turning Gas mixtures into enough force to lift an inannimate object into the atmosphere?

If Madagascar developed the Cure for cancer, don't you think TWA would Open a couple of more flights per day there? Its not like you can't be anywhere in the world in 2 days....

Stumpy is losing brain cells just debating this with you.
He wasn't debating it, he was laughing at me really loud and making some kind of hand jestures. :(

Iowanian
04-25-2005, 02:01 PM

Not unless they come up with a universal cure for drought, tsunami, tornado, car crash, drowning, crime.

For everyone given a 2nd chance at life through the mysteries of medicine, darwinism has your brother lighting dynamite and holding it between his thighs and throwing in the lighter when your family is fishing in the same boat.

badgirl
What is so great about sliced bread, anyways?
WHAT!!!! :spock:

Pants

US is so FAR away from that... look at European countries and how people live there. I was amazed at how many open spaces are there in the U.S. compared to any European country (where everything is pretty much stuffed).

badgirl, very smart people are trying to figure out how to cure AIDS/cancer. I've seen some of them work. Trust me, people WANT to be the one to find the cure, they would be instant billionaires.

Baby Lee
04-25-2005, 02:02 PM
I do research on applying engineering principals to understanding biology at the genetic level. I am not an expert in molecular biology per se, but I've seen enough to know how complex these biological systems are and how very little we know about them.

Suppose you were an alien from another planet and wanted to learn about human civilization. You chose to study NYC. Well, our progress so far (sequencing the human genome) is that we have the white pages telephone book for NYC. We know peoples addresses and telephone numbers. We also have a map that shows where addresses are located. In a few cases we know what is going on at an address because we know what a florist is, what a doctor is, and what a deli is, etc. This is called gene annotation. But other things we aren't as sure about. For example is Barnes and Smith a law office, accountants, or an engineering firm? To really understand things we need to know which individuals work at which jobs. Not much clue at all here, the white pages just doesn't tell us that. Now to cure a disease, we need to know why Bob was late for his dinner date with Sally. How in the heck are you going to figure that out from the white pages, if you have zero other knowledge of human beings? In other words, we have a long way to go.

Cures may be found for many diseases in the next 30 years, but there are no hidden cures for diseases, with the possible exception of biological warefare agents, of which I have zero specific knowledge. At least in that case someone would have a rational (if immoral) reason for keeping the cure silent.
[bad girl]So. . . you're saying . . that the government hid the cure for cancer in THE YELLOW PAGES? . . .[/bg]

Iowanian
04-25-2005, 02:02 PM
He wasn't debating it, he was laughing at me really loud and making some kind of hand jestures. :(

I'm guessing that Gesture involved his limp wrist banging off his chest as he says 'hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr hhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrr'

badgirl
04-25-2005, 02:04 PM
US is so FAR away from that... look at European countries and how people live there. I was amazed at how many open spaces are there in the U.S. compared to any European country (where everything is pretty much stuffed).

badgirl, very smart people are trying to figure out how to cure AIDS/cancer. I've seen some of them work. Trust me, people WANT to be the one to find the cure, they would be instant billionaires.
who would?? the govt.?? the scientist??? Yes the scientist, the govt and pharmacies??not so much.

Pants
04-25-2005, 02:04 PM
WHAT!!!! :spock:

Obviously you've never had real bread.

Donger
04-25-2005, 02:05 PM

Quit being a gubmint shill!

badgirl, watch out for Metrolike. I've suspected for some time that he was a member of the Shadow Group from Beta Section for some time.

Be careful.

Saulbadguy
04-25-2005, 02:06 PM
Metrolike has the cure for cancer.

Pants
who would?? the govt.?? the scientist??? Yes the scientist, the govt and pharmacies??not so much.

Are you retarded? Who do you think the scientists are working for? Independent studies? WOW...

badgirl
I'm guessing that Gesture involved his limp wrist banging off his chest as he says 'hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr hhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrr'
No, it was hands in the air jesture.

Whatever it was it pissed me off at the time, I couldn't even explain what I was thinking he was being so loud :mad:

Iowanian
04-25-2005, 02:07 PM
You are to scientific thought what slayer and III are to dating, and gochiefs is for tips on fornication with bipeds.

badgirl
04-25-2005, 02:07 PM
Are you retarded? Who do you think the scientists are working for? Independent studies? WOW...
so if they had a cure, your saying they would make more money off that person by curing them, then prolonging their lives and taking the medicine they are taking now where they live for years

Pants
04-25-2005, 02:08 PM
Metrolike has the cure for cancer.

Yeah, but I ain't gonna produce it.

Baby Lee
If bg HAS stumbled across a point, it's that pharmaceutical research could be skewed towards long term palliative drugs [that create a long time customer] over curative measures [that create a one-time customer].
But to suggest any curative measures have been squelched is . . . misguided.

cdcox
This may be moved to the Washington D.C. forum, I don't know.

I'd say the Hall of Classics is a better bet.

Pants
04-25-2005, 02:09 PM
so if they had a cure, your saying they would make more money off that person by curing them, then prolonging their lives and taking the medicine they are taking now where they live for years

They'd make more money in the end.

badgirl
Obviously you've never had real bread.
yes I have, but what does it have to do with the cure for diseases?

Skip Towne

Stumpy is losing brain cells just debating this with you. He should punch you in the Gooch.
Hey!! She provides us with a lot of entertainment.

badgirl
04-25-2005, 02:10 PM
You guys would probably rather think there are aliens at Area 52 than to think there are cures for diseases. :rolleyes:

Pants
04-25-2005, 02:11 PM

Sliced bread sucks.

Saulbadguy
04-25-2005, 02:12 PM
You guys would probably rather think there are aliens at Area 52 than to think there are cures for diseases. :rolleyes:
Area 51. Besides, there is a HUGE difference there.

What benefit would the american people get from KNOWING that Aliens do exist? Probably just widespread panic.

Iowanian
I'd like to see an advice column where badgranny answered scientific hypothesis of HS students, and III provided counsel on relationship issues....with kcchiefsman as his substitute, and Tommykat as bg's editor.

Pants

You didn't know? They found aliens on the moon and brought them back. It's a secret though, because the aliens knew how to cure cancer.

badgirl
Area 51.
yea whatever, you know what I mean.

Cormac

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Donger
04-25-2005, 02:13 PM

About as much as the space program has to do with medical research.

Please tell me that you're presently under the influence of some kind of mind-altering chemicals...

Saulbadguy
04-25-2005, 02:13 PM
yea whatever, you know what I mean.
What benefit would the american people get from KNOWING that Aliens do exist? Probably just widespread panic.

Pants
04-25-2005, 02:14 PM

Read my post, dumbass. :rolleyes:

badgirl
04-25-2005, 02:14 PM
I don't beleive in Aliens at all and the people who do are weirdos, space ships, aliens, oh please give me a break :rolleyes:

Baby Lee
04-25-2005, 02:15 PM
ROFL ROFL - the area NEXT TO the area where the martians are housed.

Pants
I don't beleive in Aliens at all and the people who do are weirdos, space ships, aliens, oh please give me a break :rolleyes:

Hahahahahaha.

Donger

Okay, all fun aside, are you familiar with the number of diseases that we have "cured?" Take polio, for example.

Now, polio is for all intents and purposes cured.

So, why didn't the government stop that vaccine?

badgirl
04-25-2005, 02:16 PM
ROFL ROFL - the area NEXT TO the area where the martians are housed.
ROFL ROFL Ok that was funny. I give you that one.

Saulbadguy
I feel the same way about people who don't believe in extra terresterial intelligence. I don't necessarily believe in the "Area 51" thing, but to believe that there are no other sentient beings in this universe is just naive.

Iowanian
Just when you think Spider is done typing..........someone comes along and makes the internet even more stupid.

Baby Lee
You didn't know? They found aliens on the moon and brought them back. It's a secret though, because the aliens knew how to cure cancer.
I hear they build one HELL of a carburetor.

Pants
04-25-2005, 02:17 PM
I feel the same way about people who don't believe in extra terresterial intelligence. I don't necessarily believe in the "Area 51" thing, but to believe that there are no other sentient beings in this universe is just stupid.

Fixed it for you.

badgirl
Okay, all fun aside, are you familiar with the number of diseases that we have "cured?" Take polio, for example.

if they can cure Polio, why not cure cancer?

Baby Lee

Because Ralph Lauren is a powerful man.

Pants
I hear they build one HELL of a carburetor.

ROFL

Iowanian
04-25-2005, 02:18 PM

someone on the internet told me that vaccine's are just the way that the govt injects us with mercury to control our Minds and cause enough cases of Autism to keep that industry cranking in the profit.

vailpass

Outstanding job of illustrating a very complex subject in clear, easy to undertand terms. I was looking to kill a few minutes and ended up learning somehting. Thank you.

Saulbadguy
Cancer is a much different beast than Polio. Look..when did they cure polio? 50 years ago? (I'm not sure). 50 years is not a long time.

Donger

Yeah, that would just be too weird, eh? People who just believe in things without any tangible evidence must really bug the crap out of you.

Pants

You're f*cking stupid. If they landed on the moon, why not Jupiter?

badgirl
I feel the same way about people who don't believe in extra terresterial intelligence. I don't necessarily believe in the "Area 51" thing, but to believe that there are no other sentient beings in this universe is just naive.
Because theres not, and to get into that issue we would have to go bibical and I'm not ready to do that.

Saulbadguy
04-25-2005, 02:19 PM
someone on the internet told me that vaccine's are just the way that the govt injects us with mercury to control our Minds and cause enough cases of Autism to keep that industry cranking in the profit.
Someone on the internet told me that Jews put flouride in the water as a form of mind control.

You can't prove its not true.

Iowanian
04-25-2005, 02:19 PM

Probably for the same reason you can make Koolaide(presweetened) but nothing with more than 3 ingredients, not including Ice.

Baby Lee
04-25-2005, 02:20 PM
Maybe, and I'm just brainstorming here, just maybe, cancer isn't just one thing, and eradicating it is actually harder than curing polio.

Saulbadguy
Because theres not, and to get into that issue we would have to go bibical and I'm not ready to do that.
No, we wouldn't. You are just being naive, like those who thought the earth was the center of the universe..or those who thought the earth was flat.

badgirl
Cancer is a much different beast than Polio. Look..when did they cure polio? 50 years ago? (I'm not sure). 50 years is not a long time.
Yea, if they could create a cure for polio 50 years ago, but we haven't advanced enough to come up with a cure for cancer?? Don't make sense.

Saulbadguy
Jupiter is a gaseous planet. I don't know if you can even "land" on it. Plus its really far away.

vailpass
Because Ralph Lauren is a powerful man.

:clap:

Pants

LOL, read Donger's post. You got owned.

Pants
04-25-2005, 02:21 PM
Jupiter is a gaseous planet. I don't know if you can even "land" on it. Plus its really far away.

Thanks for the explanation, Saul.

MOhillbilly
Death IS a cure.

Baby Lee
You're f*cking stupid. If they landed on the moon, why not the Sun?
Edited to more accurately reflect stupidity quotient.

Saulbadguy
Yea, if they could create a cure for polio 50 years ago, but we haven't advanced enough to come up with a cure for cancer?? Don't make sense.
Polio = ! Cancer

Donger
04-25-2005, 02:22 PM

You miss my point.

Are you now suggesting that the government has selectively decided which diseases to allow to have cures manufactured and which to not?

vailpass
Yeah, that would just be too weird, eh? People who just believe in things without any tangible evidence must really bug the crap out of you.

Is it any fun when it's this easy?

badgirl
No, we wouldn't. You are just being naive, like those who thought the earth was the center of the universe..or those who thought the earth was flat.
yes it would. God said "In the beginning God created the heavenS and the Earth, he talked about putting life on earth, did you see where he put it on other planets in the "heavens" I don't think so.

Baby Lee
04-25-2005, 02:23 PM
Trying my best not to be condescending, but there is a gulf of difference between "I don't understand the difference" and "there is no rational explanation for the difference."

Iowanian
04-25-2005, 02:24 PM

Could it be, that Cancer is just THAT much more complicated?

Take for example that you could probably beat a raider fan at a game of Simon says, but couldn't finish a crossword puzzle than rainman and Gaz complete in 10 minutes.

Saulbadguy
04-25-2005, 02:24 PM
yes it would. God said "In the beginning God created the heavenS and the Earth, he talked about putting life on earth, did you see where he put it on other planets in the "heavens" I don't think so.
So, there are billions upon billions of stars out there, with trillions of planets, all of which have no life on them. They are empty. Nothing..nada..zilch..zero. Is that what you are implying?

Pants
04-25-2005, 02:25 PM

**Starts making pop corn**

badgirl
04-25-2005, 02:26 PM
Trying my best not to be condescending, but there is a gulf of difference between "I don't understand the difference" and "there is no rational explanation for the difference."
I don't have proof of how I feel, its just my OPINION, I wanted to know if someone on here felt the same way. ANYONE???? NO???? well ok then....

How 'bout them Chiefs??? Move on, nothing here but a accident, quit rubber necking. :cuss:

Fairplay
04-25-2005, 02:27 PM
'You're the disease and im the cure.'

badgirl
So, there are billions upon billions of stars out there, with trillions of planets, all of which have no life on them. They are empty. Nothing..nada..zilch..zero. Is that what you are implying?
Yes, and if you think otherwise how should I put it, I guess the best way to say it is what they refer to me and my idea F*cking Stupid.

Donger

Holy pile of steaming dog sh*t...

Iowanian
04-25-2005, 02:29 PM
Wait!!!!!

I've got a fever, and the only prescription is More Cow Bell.
http://www.geekspeakweekly.com/cowbell/

badgirl
Holy pile of steaming dog sh*t...
Am I wrong in what the bible says? Do you not beleive in the Bible??? I am not going to start arguing religion. To each his own.

Saulbadguy
Yes, and if you think otherwise how should I put it, I guess the best way to say it is what they refer to me and my idea F*cking Stupid.
I'd say my "idea" has much more support, and even some evidence, than your idea.

badgirl
04-25-2005, 02:30 PM
I'd say my "idea" has much more support, and even some evidence, than your idea.
where is the evidence??? if you got it is the only way I would beleive it

Saulbadguy
04-25-2005, 02:31 PM
Am I wrong in what the bible says? Do you not beleive in the Bible??? I am not going to start arguing religion. To each his own.
The bible is interpreted in so many ways, you can't use it as a point of reference. Some say its a factual book (you), some say its mythology (me). Either way, its interpretation has changed over the hundreds of years, its foolish to point out "But in the bible, it says this!"

BIG_DADDY
badgirl,

There is definately something to what your saying. The guy that discovered the benefits of Q-10 was kicked out of medical school when he refused to quit testing it. Q-10 is natural and you cannot patent it. Awhile ago I posted information a pharmacetical company that had created a mutant form of cholesterol that was like liquid drano for your arteries. As soon as Pfizer heard that shit they acquired them immediatly and buried the technology for now. Why cure somebody when you can have them coming back for Lipitor the biggest selling drug in the world. The drug companies do not want anything natural persued because it can't be patented and they lose money when somebody has what they need naturally. They tried to ban all vitamins and other supplements back in 89 so they could control everything. This lates steroid BS is just a way of coming through the backdoor and beginning to ban all kinds of supplementation. It's all a money grab. The longer I live the more time I dedicate to learning about natural alternatives for everything.

Baby Lee
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=624&e=1&u=/ap/popcorn_s_secret

Donger
04-25-2005, 02:32 PM

No, I don't view what is written in either the Old or New Testament as historical fact.

Saulbadguy
04-25-2005, 02:33 PM
Here is actually some opinions, about the interepration of the Bible itself.

http://www.biblestudy.org/question/extrlife.html

Donger

So, where is the evidence of the government conspiracy to not cure diseases?

Just that they haven't gotten to all of them yet?

badgirl
badgirl,

There is definately something to what your saying. The guy that discovered the benefits of Q-10 was kicked out of medical school when he refused to quit testing it. Q-10 is natural and you cannot patent it. Awhile ago I posted information a pharmacetical company that had created a mutant form of cholesterol that was like liquid drano for your arteries. As soon as Pfizer heard that shit they acquired them immediatly and buried the technology for now. Why cure somebody when you can have them coming back for Lipitor the biggest selling drug in the world. The drug companies do not want anything natural persued because it can't be patented and they lose money when somebody has what they need naturally. They tried to ban all vitamins and other supplements back in 89 so they could control everything. This lates steroid BS is just a way of coming through the backdoor and beginning to ban all kinds of supplementation. It's all a money grab. The longer I live the more time I dedicate to learning about natural alternatives for everything.
Thanks BD, I am so glad someone agrees with my viewpoint.

badgirl
04-25-2005, 02:34 PM
So, where is the evidence of the government conspiracy to not cure diseases?

Just that they haven't gotten to all of them yet?
For the 3rd time, and I'll print this big so you can understand it IT MY OPINION, ONLY MY OPINION.

Saulbadguy
04-25-2005, 02:35 PM
Thanks BD, I am so glad someone agrees with my viewpoint.
I don't think he is agreeing with your viewpoint, but he says you are on to "something".

Co-enzyme Q-10 does not cure cancer, but it may have benefits that far outweigh some other, un-natural drugs. Since its a "natural" product, it would be harder for the FDA to control and regulate.

Pants

Ummm, hate to break it to you, but a book isn't exactly evidence either.

BIG_DADDY
http://realityzone.com/hoxsey1.html

Donger
04-25-2005, 02:36 PM
For the 3rd time, and I'll print this big so you can understand it IT MY OPINION, ONLY MY OPINION.

Well, you just demanded evidence from Saul that backs up his opinion, didn't you?

You hold yourself to a lower standard?

Pants
04-25-2005, 02:37 PM

This whole thread is about opinions. Why do you ask us to give you evidence, and we say the same to you, you just say the "it's only my opinion" bullshit?

Fairplay
Yeah Badgirl I know what you are saying. I think man is capable of finding cures to most all diseases. But with that they can also mess it up with greed by not doing it. Also if they would go more natural alternatives i believe it is more possible.
But man is its worst enemy. We have been givin the gift of choice. Which is not always a good thing.

badgirl
Well, you just demanded evidence from Saul that backs up his opinion, didn't you?

You hold yourself to a lower standard?
He said he had evidence, I didn't.

Donger
04-25-2005, 02:39 PM
He said he had evidence, I didn't.

You've no evidence to back up your opinion.

So, we can assume that you just jerked this opinion out of your ass?

Pants
04-25-2005, 02:39 PM
Badgirl, just be gratefull for the good looks...

badgirl
04-25-2005, 02:40 PM

^^^^^^^^
this is what Saul said. he said evidence, I never once said I had evidence of what I said.

badgirl
04-25-2005, 02:41 PM
You've no evidence to back up your opinion.

So, we can assume that you just jerked this opinion out of your ass?
No I heard a man on tv talk about it years ago, and it made sense to me.

BIG_DADDY
Anyone who believes that the drug companies are out for anything other than their own interest is fooling themself. If they could save the world or make an extra buck they will take the cash every time. I remember when Suzanne Sommers came out and said she would deal with her cancer through natural methods. Of course that caused a huge fuss and all these doctors came out and told her she was going to die then. Guess what, they were wrong.

Saulbadguy
^^^^^^^^
this is what Saul said. he said evidence, I never once said I had evidence of what I said.
Yep. and?

Pants
^^^^^^^^

No, but you brought up Bible as your source of evidence.

badgirl
I am, beleive me.

ptlyon
04-25-2005, 02:42 PM

No matter how good she may look right now, somebody, somewhere, is sick and tired of putting up with her $#!+.

badgirl
04-25-2005, 02:42 PM
No, but you brought up Bible as your source of evidence.
its my evidence, cause I beleive it.

Pants
04-25-2005, 02:43 PM

He still does. They are called infomercials, they are on late at night trying to SELL books on how to cure yourself naturally. The result? People being naive and dying.

Saulbadguy
04-25-2005, 02:43 PM
My evidence is the underpants gnomes that come to my room and steal my underwear.

Space travel big business!

1. Land on Mars
2. Discover aliens
4. Profit!

Pants
04-25-2005, 02:44 PM

ROFL

BIG_DADDY
He still does. They are called infomercials, they are on late at night trying to SELL books on how to cure yourself naturally. The result? People being naive and dying.

Just like Suzanna Sommers right?

Saulbadguy
I've got some Cherokee hair tampons i'd like to sell you. Interested?

Damn. 2 South Park references in a row. I'm on FIRE!

badgirl
Anyone who believes that the drug companies are out for anything other than their own interest is fooling themself. If they could save the world or make an extra buck they will take the cash every time. I remember when Suzanne Sommers came out and said she would deal with her cancer through natural methods. Of course that caused a huge fuss and all these doctors came out and told her she was going to die then. Guess what, they were wrong.
yep and its still not approved in the U.S , she is cured. I saw her on a talk show and she said people who take this natural herb has to order it from Switzerland. Why won't the U.S. approve it? Could be cause she paid 109. bucks for 3 mos worth, and shes cured.

Donger
04-25-2005, 02:45 PM

Damn that Mulder!! He's going to get us all killed someday!

badgirl
04-25-2005, 02:45 PM
No matter how good she may look right now, somebody, somewhere, is sick and tired of putting up with her $#!+.
wrong. :rolleyes:

Iowanian
04-25-2005, 02:46 PM
There is a difference between "cured" and "not a worm farm yet".

Saulbadguy
yep and its still not approved in the U.S , she is cured. I saw her on a talk show and she said people who take this natural herb has to order it from Switzerland. Why won't the U.S. approve it? Could be cause she paid 109. bucks for 3 mos worth, and shes cured.
Do you think we (the FDA) should approve any Ma and Pop "Natural" remedy, as opposed to long term testing to see if it A) Actually works, and B) has negative side effects?

So it worked for Suzanne Sommers. It might kill Sally Struthers. 1 for 2 wouldn't be bad though, right?

Pants

BG, I hate taking drugs and would rather use naturals ways, but there are exceptions when doctors are the only way.

badgirl
04-25-2005, 02:47 PM
gotta go, kids wants the computer.
Thanks for all your damn insults it really makes things clearer now. :(

Saulbadguy
04-25-2005, 02:48 PM
Ok, retard.

Fairplay
04-25-2005, 02:48 PM
Yeah there are natural cures. Im still trying to cure my glaucoma with a natural herb. ;)

Iowanian
04-25-2005, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the spectacularly silly hypothesis.

badgirl
Ok, retard.
Freak

Jenny Gump

Many cancers CAN be cured. I haven't got time to read this entire thing...but did anyone already mention this?

More people are in remission from cancer now than at any previous time in history. The point is, that with genome sequencing, pharmacotherapy, and other past and current research, we are very close to a cure.

You can't compare space travel with curing cancer...well, you COULD, but that wouldn't be very logical.

Gotta side with Stumppy on this one. Sorry.

Pants

Sorry for the insults, bg, it's just natural to call somebody stupid when they say retarded shit. This was an awesome thread, though.

Donger

Aha! How do you KNOW that Suzanne ever had cancer? How do you know she didn't make it all up in order to become the paid spokesperson for the "remedy?"

This is just my opinion, based on no specific evidence. But I did hear a guy talk about it on the TV once and, besides, conspiracies are fun.

Saulbadguy
04-25-2005, 02:50 PM
Sometimes natural methods work. Sometimes, traditional medicine works. The sellers of BOTH forms of product are both interested in the same thing...MONEY. Traditional medicine is more accepted, therefore more MONEY.

It would also help if people would stop going to the doctor everytime they get a broken nail, too.

chiefs4me
04-25-2005, 02:52 PM

You better share....;)

ptlyon
04-25-2005, 02:52 PM
wrong. :rolleyes:

sounds like quite a lot here are! :hmmm:

ptlyon
04-25-2005, 02:53 PM
You better share....;)

oooohhhh. buttery!

BIG_DADDY
04-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Aha! How do you KNOW that Suzanne ever had cancer? How do you know she didn't make it all up in order to become the paid spokesperson for the "remedy?"

This is just my opinion, based on no specific evidence. But I did hear a guy talk about it on the TV once and, besides, conspiracies are fun.

This is a subject I need to do more research on in all fairness. The best advise I could give anyone though is don't just trust whatever your doctor says to be accurate. Once they are through medical school that's where most of these doctors education ends and they just become drug pushers for the pharmaceutical companies. I question everything. I research the drug they prescribe to me. If I need a procedure done I check out all the alternatives. Do your homework people and take responsibility for your own health.

tyton75
04-25-2005, 02:56 PM
there is a fine line between quirky and crazy and you are REALLY flirting with it!

BIG_DADDY
04-25-2005, 02:58 PM
Sometimes natural methods work. Sometimes, traditional medicine works. The sellers of BOTH forms of product are both interested in the same thing...MONEY. Traditional medicine is more accepted, therefore more MONEY.

It would also help if people would stop going to the doctor everytime they get a broken nail, too.

Very accurate. When you say more money you ain't kidding. More money = more manipulation and disinformation out there. I will always check for natural alternatives when possible. I have had several doctors agree with me on certain subjects off the record because there is pressure put on them to say whatever the AMA tells them to say.

Donger
This is a subject I need to do more research on in all fairness. The best advise I could give anyone though is don't just trust whatever your doctor says to be accurate. Once they are through medical school that's where most of these doctors education ends and they just become drug pushers for the pharmaceutical companies. I question everything. I research the drug they prescribe to me. If I need a procedure done I check out all the alternatives. Do your homework people and take responsibility for your own health.

Of course, I was being a smartass.

As to the above, I totally agree. However, I've noticed that more and more doctors are becoming much more willing to act in a more consultative manner as opposed to the "I'm a doctor; do what you're told" method. I tend to think that the Internet may be the culprit.

But, that's just what a guy on TV told me.

Fairplay

Professional drug pedders are all they are BD.
And its all legal as well.

Count Zarth
04-25-2005, 02:59 PM
I just hope science can find a cure for Chiefs4me.

LiL stumppy
04-25-2005, 03:00 PM
I undersatnd where your coming from Gloria,but still it doesn't make since.As someone else stated there and spending alot of money on the research for it.So it doesn't really make since.

Baby Lee
An opinion to which you refuse all countervailing information is a FAITH.

Donger

gochiefs, heal thyself, freak.

Saulbadguy
04-25-2005, 03:04 PM
Very accurate. When you say more money you ain't kidding. More money = more manipulation and disinformation out there. I will always check for natural alternatives when possible. I have had several doctors agree with me on certain subjects off the record because there is pressure put on them to say whatever the AMA tells them to say.
Many of the natural alternatives aren't proven to be effective, or safe. Doctors are just covering their ass, with the huge costs of medical malpractice suits out there.

Fairplay
04-25-2005, 03:06 PM
Heres a website with a natural cure. I also posted an excerpt form the article. Ummm, someone tell me how it works for them. :eek:

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/urine.htm

"Morarji Desai boldly and emphatically declared before the world that he drank his own urine regularly and that was the secret of his longevity and exuberant health, the most valuable and beneficial information that is being given to you through this booklet, which can prove to be a boon to our poor country and which is capable of curing a host of diseases ranging from common cold to cancer and arthritis to AIDS, would have remained hidden in some unknown quarters and the entire mankind would have been deprived of shivambu."

Count Zarth
04-25-2005, 03:07 PM
gochiefs, heal thyself, freak.

I think I need a faith healer. Will you lay your hands upon me?

BIG_DADDY
04-25-2005, 03:10 PM
Many of the natural alternatives aren't proven to be effective, or safe. Doctors are just covering their ass, with the huge costs of medical malpractice suits out there.

No I have had doctors flat out tell me there is a ton a pressure to conform to whatever the AMA says. Most doctors won't talk to you about it but some will.

BIG_DADDY
04-25-2005, 03:12 PM
No I have had doctors flat out tell me there is a ton a pressure to conform to whatever the AMA says. Most doctors won't talk to you about it but some will.

And of course we all know that the AMA is nothing more than a puppet for the larger pharmaceutical companies.

Donger
04-25-2005, 03:12 PM
I think I need a faith healer. Will you lay your hands upon me?

At what velocity?

Count Zarth
04-25-2005, 03:15 PM
At what velocity?

I want a man with a slow hand
I want a lover with an easy touch
I want somebody who will spend some time
Not come and go in a heated rush
I want somebody who will understand
When it comes to love, I want a slow hand

Donger
04-25-2005, 03:20 PM
I want a man with a slow hand
I want a lover with an easy touch
I want somebody who will spend some time
Not come and go in a heated rush
I want somebody who will understand
When it comes to love, I want a slow hand

Well, at least you didn't break into a show tune rendition.

Skip Towne
04-25-2005, 03:27 PM
You cough up that cure or I'm neg repping you!!!!

Simplex3
04-25-2005, 03:31 PM
Duh, the little men on the moon gave them the cures for these diseases you dumbass.

ROFL

Donger
04-25-2005, 03:35 PM
Duh, the little men on the moon gave them the cures for these diseases you dumbass.

ROFL

Keep reading. It gets better.

chiefs4me
04-25-2005, 03:36 PM

kiss my ass goatboy.........:harumph:

Count Zarth
04-25-2005, 03:37 PM
kiss my ass goatboy.........:harumph:

Present it.

Simplex3
04-25-2005, 03:39 PM
I'd like to see an advice column where badgranny answered scientific hypothesis of HS students, and III provided counsel on relationship issues....with kcchiefsman as his substitute, and Tommykat as bg's editor.
ROFL

That's perfect except you left out kcnut.

Simplex3
04-25-2005, 03:41 PM
I've heard this argument about how it would shake the foundations of religion but I don't buy it. If religion can claim God put dinosaurs on earth (somehow before he created it) to give us a sense of history they can surely excuse away some green men with spindly arms.

chiefs4me
04-25-2005, 03:43 PM
Present it.

:moon:

Rausch
04-25-2005, 03:47 PM
I was hoping my netflix movies would be here today but now I'm kinda' glad they didn't. When I get home from work I'm going to sit down with a 6er and go through this thread...

Simplex3
04-25-2005, 03:49 PM
The bible is interpreted in so many ways, you can't use it as a point of reference. Some say its a factual book (you), some say its mythology (me). Either way, its interpretation has changed over the hundreds of years, its foolish to point out "But in the bible, it says this!"
The Bible is a couple of thousand years old. It hasn't been updated by God in a long time. You think a guy that can create the Universe in 7 days has been sitting around piddling himself for 2000 years? Maybe he's created life on hundreds of other planets in that time.

He probably took one look at this thread and started another Earth, hoping this time to erradicate some of the rampant stupidty.

Fairplay
04-25-2005, 03:51 PM
I was hoping my netflix movies would be here today but now I'm kinda' glad they didn't. When I get home from work I'm going to sit down with a 6er and go through this thread...

There are a few decent comments about the actual subject. But mainly people giving each other sh*t. To sum it up.

Count Zarth
04-25-2005, 03:52 PM
Area 51. Besides, there is a HUGE difference there.

I'd get horny.

Donger
04-25-2005, 03:54 PM
I'd get horny.

And you'd end up with the same result with the aliens as you do with humans.

Count Zarth
04-25-2005, 03:56 PM

ROFL

Count Zarth
04-25-2005, 03:58 PM

I've always wondered what that would be like. Is it just a big ball of gas? Some E.T.'s should throw a lighter at it and set off a big intergalactic fireworks show.

Count Zarth
04-25-2005, 04:01 PM
(

Can you point them to this thread? We want to talk with someone intelligent.

Count Zarth
04-25-2005, 04:02 PM
I undersatnd where your coming from Gloria,but still it doesn't make since.As someone else stated there and spending alot of money on the research for it.So it doesn't really make since.

You call your mom by her name?

Simplex3
04-25-2005, 04:03 PM
Can you point them to this thread? We want to talk with someone intelligent.
ROFL

You must not believe in genetic or environmental determination. What theory do you subscribe to?

Count Zarth
04-25-2005, 04:07 PM
ROFL

You must not believe in genetic or environmental determination. What theory do you subscribe to?

Bit of both. In some circumstances the environmental factors can overcome the hereditary ones, in some cases you are f*cked. In some cases the environmental factors only make the hereditary ones worse. Likewise, in some cases the environmental factors destroy the hereditary ones.

There are many examples on this board.

Simplex3
04-25-2005, 04:11 PM
Bit of both. In some circumstances the environmental factors can overcome the hereditary ones, in some cases you are f*cked. In some cases the environmental factors only make the hereditary ones worse. Likewise, in some cases the environmental factors destroy the hereditary ones.

There are many examples on this board.
Exactly. So if her kids are SPAWNED by someone, well, less than highly intelligent, and then RAISED by said person, only a total f**king moron would go looking there for top notch IQ's.

I'm just sayin'. :)

Count Zarth
04-25-2005, 04:13 PM
Exactly. So if her kids are SPAWNED by someone, well, less than highly intelligent, and then RAISED by said person, only a total f**king moron would go looking there for top notch IQ's.

I'm just sayin'. :)

Most parents want their children to have everything they did not. In this case, I hope it's a brain.

badgirl
04-25-2005, 04:21 PM
sounds like quite a lot here are! :hmmm:

well for those who are, then don't read my threads, there ya go problem solved.

Skip Towne
04-25-2005, 04:31 PM
well for those who are, then don't read my threads, there ya go problem solved.
I wouldn't miss them.

BIG_DADDY
04-25-2005, 05:03 PM
http://articles.health.msn.com/id/100103740/site/100000000/

badgirl
04-25-2005, 05:04 PM
I wouldn't miss them.
ROFL Thanks Skip.

badgirl
04-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Ha Ghostof gave me 2 neg reps, which turned out to be gray of course, hes a dumbass. ROFL

Saulbadguy
04-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Heh. I just re-read the original post. How did I miss this gem?

IMO the govt and pharmacies and Dr.s are all legal drug dealers.

ROFL...well, no shit!

Skip Towne
04-25-2005, 05:07 PM
ROFL Thanks Skip.
You're welcome. That last one zoomed to 200 posts.

Skip Towne
04-25-2005, 05:10 PM
I put the rep back for you.

Count Zarth
04-25-2005, 05:26 PM
Hans Grapje was raised in a Catholic school in The Hague.

As a young man, aspired to become a priest, but was drafted into the Army during WWII and spent two years co-piloting B17's until his aircraft was shot down in 1943, when he lost his left arm. Captain Grapje spent the rest of the war as a chaplain, giving spiritual aid to soldiers, both Allied and enemy. After the war, he became a priest, serving as a missionary in Africa, piloting his own plane (in spite of his handicap) to villages across the continent.

In 1997, Father Grapje was serving in Zimbabwe when an explosion in a silver mine caused a cave-in. Archbishop Grapje went down into the mine to administer last rights to those too severely injured to move. Another shaft collapsed, and he was buried for three days, suffering multiple injuries, including the loss of his right eye. The high silver content in the mine's air gave him purpura, a life-long condition characterized by purplish skin blotches.

Although Cardinal Grapje devoted his life to the service of God as a scholar, mentor and holy man, church leaders agree: He will never ascend to the Papacy.............

Scroll down.......................

No one wants a one-eyed, one-armed, flying purple Papal leader.

Simplex3
04-25-2005, 05:37 PM
No one wants a one-eyed, one-armed, flying purple Papal leader.
A couple of points here:

1. It's not really funny.
2. It goes way to far around different topics to be funny.
3. It has nothing to do with this thread.

Way to go, GoGranny.

Count Zarth
04-25-2005, 05:41 PM
A couple of points here:

1. It's not really funny.
2. It goes way to far around different topics to be funny.
3. It has nothing to do with this thread.

Way to go, GoGranny.

1. It's really funny
2. I didn't want to post a new thread
3. I didn't want to post a new thread

Simplex3
04-25-2005, 05:44 PM
1. It's really funny
2. I didn't want to post a new thread
3. I didn't want to post a new thread
So you burried your comedy gold at the end of a 14 page thread that 99% of people will never get to the end of?

:rolleyes:

Count Zarth
04-25-2005, 05:46 PM
So you burried your comedy gold at the end of a 14 page thread that 99% of people will never get to the end of?

:rolleyes:

It's 3 pages, actually. :p

yunghungwell
04-26-2005, 08:30 AM

Those always make for the best kinds of arguments, at least where conspiracy arguments are concerned. i.e. There is absolutely no evidence so and half-baked idea makes a great "reality".

yunghungwell
04-26-2005, 08:35 AM

Wow, you must a really deep understanding of how the immune system works.

There actually is a cure...just drink some bleach...this also works great for curing AIDS. We all know that bleach kills the AIDS virus.

Donger
04-26-2005, 08:38 AM
Wow. This thread is still around?

I would have thought one of the Omnipotent Overlords From The Sixteenth Dimension would have banished it to the Romper Room by now.

Skip Towne
04-26-2005, 08:55 AM
Hey, badgranny, it looks like this thread has run its course and I'm bored. Do you have another hypothesis you'd like to test out on this board? I'm all ready for the next one.

yunghungwell
04-26-2005, 09:00 AM
Sorry, I was away from the 'Planet for a few days and had an itchy trigger finger. I just couldn't not post after reading the first 50 post or so.

Donger
04-26-2005, 09:03 AM
Sorry, I was away from the 'Planet for a few days and had an itchy trigger finger. I just couldn't not post after reading the 50 post or so.

Heh. I understand completely.

It's akin to rubbernecking at an accident, and there are multiple, head-on collisions on this thread. The truly funny part is that the recipient seems unaware of these wrecks.

redhed
04-26-2005, 09:37 AM
I'm the cause of cancer and I apologize. I'm sorry I caused all that cancer.

/obscure KITH ref?

huskerdooz
04-26-2005, 10:44 AM

I'm not sure about the technicalities, but I'm thinking someone deserves some rep for this.

Baby Lee
04-26-2005, 10:47 AM
Heh. I understand completely.

It's akin to rubbernecking at an accident, and there are multiple, head-on collisions on this thread. The truly funny part is that the recipient seems unaware of these wrecks.
ROFL ROFL - I just got the image of badgirl as that black chick in Police Academy who ran over every cone in the driving test as she hummed a pretty tune.

Skip Towne
04-26-2005, 10:57 AM
If you guys don't stop picking on badgranny she will stop posting these great threads for us. Then some of you dildos will have to fill up the front page.

huskerdooz
04-26-2005, 11:17 AM

This is because cancer is caused by moonbeams, and we just simply can't get rid of the moon. Everyone that has ever gotten cancer has been exposed to moonbeams, therefore it seems obvious to me that moonbeams cause cancer.

Saulbadguy
11-01-2005, 01:09 PM
Bumped for your reading pleasure.

Mr. Laz
11-01-2005, 01:18 PM
don't let them bother you BG...

all those "tin foil hat" cracks are being made by the same people who are just as paranoid about the government concerning guns.

Uatu
11-01-2005, 01:22 PM
Damn this is funny.

Saulbadguy
04-27-2006, 02:15 PM
This thread belongs in the hall of classics.

badgirl
04-27-2006, 02:22 PM
:rolleyes: my beliefs remain

ENDelt260
04-27-2006, 02:27 PM
I think the prophylactic industry is who is really behind burying the cure for AIDS.

Donger
04-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Oh good lord.

BIG_DADDY
04-27-2006, 03:41 PM
I have no idea but I totally believe drug companies bury cures to keep the public paying forever. When was the last time anything was cured? There was a small pharmaceutical company that made a mutant form of cholesterol that acted like drano in your veins. Pfizer bought them and burried the technology years ago. Can't have anything interfering with those lipitor sales irregardless of how many people die.

BIG_DADDY
04-27-2006, 03:50 PM
Here is something on it. It was like HUGE news and now you can't find a damn thing on it anymore Pfizer made it like it never existed. Even this had to be cached through google.

Superhero HDLs
by Alisa Bauman

A synthetic form of "superhero" HDL cholesterol--dubbed "liquid Drano" by astonished experts--sucks heart-threatening cholesterol out of plaque and whisks it to the liver for disposal. Modeled after a mutant form of HDL discovered in a northern Italian family, the experimental drug shrunk plaque by 4.2 percent in just 5 weeks.

This extraordinarily efficient glob of fat and protein was spotted in the 1970s, after Italian researchers found a family who had healthy hearts despite ultra-low levels of "good" HDLs. "The idea that we could remove a significant amount of plaque in just five doses was astounding," says study author Steven Nissen, MD, a cardiologist at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio. A larger study is planned, and a super-HDL drug could be on the market by 2008.

BIG_DADDY
04-27-2006, 04:00 PM
http://www.theheart.org/viewArticle.do?simpleName=493963

There we go. Esperion that's the company. I was all over this back then. Haven't heard a damn thing since the acquisition. You notice Pfizers only intent is use it after a massive coronary. Why would they cure people when they are making billions on Lipitor sales every year?

badgirl
04-27-2006, 04:15 PM
http://www.theheart.org/viewArticle.do?simpleName=493963

There we go. Esperion that's the company. I was all over this back then. Haven't heard a damn thing since the acquisition. You notice Pfizers only intent is use it after a massive coronary. Why would they cure people when they are making billions on Lipitor sales every year?
right on BD, see people I am not that dumb I do have good points sometimes. :p

BIG_DADDY
04-27-2006, 04:25 PM
right on BD, see people I am not that dumb I do have good points sometimes. :p

This stuff happens all the time. Hook up with anybody involved in the naturopathic sciences and they can tell you story after story of natual cures that the FDA and medical industry will straight up lie about in order to make people have to get their drugs from the major pharmaceutical companies. If they will go to that limit what makes people think if they already have John Q Public on the nipple they would ever announce a cure if they found it?

jidar
04-27-2006, 04:27 PM
Ridiculous.

There is plenty of disease to go around and most diseases have multiple treatments from different companies. If one company cured something they would make a ton selling the cure.

This is tinfoil hat thinking to the umpth degree.

badgirl
04-27-2006, 04:27 PM
This stuff happens all the time. Hook up with anybody involved in the naturopathic sciences and they can tell you story after story of natual cures that the FDA and medical industry will straight up lie about in order to make people have to get their drugs from the major pharmaceutical companies. If they will go to that limit what makes people think if they already have John Q Public on the nipple they would ever announce a cure if they found it?
exactly, its like drug dealer sending his "clients" to rehab, hell he'd be putting himself out of business

JBucc
04-27-2006, 04:28 PM
Iv'e seen that infomercial with that book about natural cures. I won't pay for it though.

badgirl
04-27-2006, 04:29 PM
Iv'e seen that infomercial with that book about natural cures. I won't pay for it though.
well I thought that before the book came out.

Clint in Wichita
04-27-2006, 04:31 PM
I probably said this the first time around:

Clearly there is no cure for Down Syndrome.

badgirl
04-27-2006, 04:32 PM
I probably said this the first time around:

Clearly there is no cure for Down Syndrome.
I consider Down syndrome a birth defect, not a disease.

Clint in Wichita
04-27-2006, 04:36 PM
I consider Down syndrome a birth defect, not a disease.

You ever watch "Life Goes On"?

Trust me. It's a friggin' disease.

BIG_DADDY
04-27-2006, 04:37 PM
http://joinleenow.org/html/press/110904.php

http://www.healthreformer.org/newsletter.php?issue=51&article=268

http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/2138/

Some interesting stuff. If you actually due your due diligence in this area it's really scary.

BIG_DADDY
04-27-2006, 04:40 PM
exactly, its like drug dealer sending his "clients" to rehab, hell he'd be putting himself out of business

THe FDA is owned by the big pharmaceutical companies. If your small you let yourself become acquired by the big boys or the FDA will never approve your product. Esperion is a great example. They took the 1.2 billion and ran.

BTW, good post. :clap:

Mr. Kotter
04-27-2006, 05:19 PM

I'll second that. Heh.

beavis
04-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Let me know when they come up with a cure for stupid.

badgirl
04-27-2006, 08:25 PM
Let me know when they come up with a cure for stupid.
why you need some medicine for your stupidity? You didn't get a name like beavis for nothing

Iowanian
04-27-2006, 08:35 PM
If there were only a drug strong enough to cure the festering twat of hamasjenkins....

badgirl
04-27-2006, 08:36 PM
If there were only a drug strong enough to cure the festering twat of hamasjenkins....
who is hamasjenkins? Your wife???

Iowanian
04-27-2006, 08:36 PM
why you need some medicine for your stupidity? You didn't get a name like beavis for nothing

If they had a drug that cured stupid, I'd slip you a double in a boilermaker spiced with Ginko Biloma and St John's wart.