PDA

View Full Version : A HUGE infusion of "YOUNG" talent will be in River Falls!

KChiefs1
04-25-2005, 02:39 PM
Taking into consideration last years draft along with this years.

Junior Siavii. I know a lot of people don't like him, but I think we'll see a more capable player this year who will push for a starting position at DT. I think when he had a chance to play, he had some great moments. I think his injury slowed him down, but I think he comes on this year.

Kris Wilson. Was having an incredible camp until he hurt his leg. He will be a HUGE weapon this year. I consider him another draft pick this year because of his injury last year.

Keyaron Fox. Was the only disappointment for the Chiefs from last years draft and he played well on special teams. Could this be his year to shine?

Sammie Parker. Didn't get on the field until late, but did a great job once he got there. Shows a lot of promise. Could compete for a starting job.

Jared Allen. Looks to be the best DE the Chiefs have had since Neil Smith. Will the addition of Bell & DJ free him up even more?

Jeris McIntyre. He is having a good season in the NFLE. He was said to be injured last year, he could come on this year. The WR position will have a lot of young talent in River Falls.

Kevin Sampson. Seventh rounder that not only made the roster, but got some PT and did well. How far has he advanced this offseason?

Dustin Colquitt. I can see this kid being a future Pro Bowler. I love it that his whole family are punters!

Craphonso Thorpe. This kid has better size and about the same speed as Sammie Parker, but is slight and his leg worries me a bit. Seems to be a steal from all reports.

Boomer Grigsby. I have to admit that I love this pick. Seems like a great pickup... a good guy that will give everything he has. He seems like a real find in the fifth round. A ST warrior.

Alphonso Hodge. I like the pick. I think he COULD be very good.

Who am I forgetting??????

DJ!

DJ. I think he will start. I think the Chiefs have to start him even if he struggles because he has to get into the games for the experience & I'm sure Gun will design specific defensive calls just to suit his abilities.

I'm not forgetting the other "additions" but just looking at the "younger" additions that have been added in the last couple of years.

Surtain, Bell, Knight & Hall along with these young guys is going to make the trip to River Falls this year the best since 1994! :p

LamarJr
04-25-2005, 10:18 PM
After reading your well thought out post it just dawned on me that CP might have had a pretty good draft last year too. Is it possible CP could have two straight good drafts? :hmmm: Nah! :cuss:

Crush
04-25-2005, 10:26 PM
Carl Peterson had a good draft? Is it possible to have those words in the same sentence.

Dunit35
04-26-2005, 12:42 AM
I'm afraid thorpe is gonna break his leg again like Minnis did...

Wallcrawler
04-26-2005, 12:53 AM
I'm afraid thorpe is gonna break his leg again like Minnis did...

Thats no way to think. Just because someone has been injured, doesnt mean that its bound to happen to them again.

For the record, Minnis broke his foot, not his leg.

htismaqe
04-26-2005, 07:08 AM
You should have put the emphasis on the word "TALENT".

We're always "young" this time of year.

Idahored
04-26-2005, 09:02 AM
You forgot Richard Smith. Like most first year WR he struggled. He could start to shine this year too. Most players take a year or two to adjust to the pro level and we have several that are ready to break out of that adjustment period.

Very few rookies contribute much their first year and the ones that do are the exception, not the rule. I'm thinking DJ is going to be the exception that proves the rule.

Coach
04-26-2005, 09:04 AM
Ah, but don't forget that we have also added some speed and athleticism, which we were sorely lacking several years now.

Frosty
04-26-2005, 09:42 AM
You forgot Richard Smith. Like most first year WR he struggled. He could start to shine this year too. Most players take a year or two to adjust to the pro level and we have several that are ready to break out of that adjustment period.

I wonder why they didn't send Smith to NFLE? It seems to be doing McIntyre a world of good.

whoman69
04-26-2005, 10:20 AM
Much was made at the draft of the Chiefs having the oldest offense in the NFL. IMO Morton is gone, and if someone is able to beat Kennison out, we get much younger. Age on the offensive line is generably preferable. Lineman last much longer than other positions. Whereas a running back or corner is ancient at 33, offensive lineman at this age know all the tricks. Jackie Slater was still a great player in his upper 30s. You're only an old team if you have players that are experiencing a downturn in their careers without a replacement available. That's why the Raiders have been an old team and the Chiefs are still one of the top offenses in the league.

Idahored
04-26-2005, 10:31 AM
I wonder why they didn't send Smith to NFLE? It seems to be doing McIntyre a world of good.

Maybe the coaching staff figure he is far enough along that he doesn't need the work. I'm thinking they send guys that need to learn how to run routes for the extra work. Like when they sent Dante because he was just making the transition to WR.

The downside of NFLE is the guys are pretty worn out by the time the regular season comes. I remember Dante came back and everyone was saying he was a bust as a returner. I remember Dante saying in an interview that his legs were just so tired from NFLE and then training camp. The next year, when he didn't go to NFLE, he had his breakout year as a returner.

So, It seems to me that you would not want to send too many guys because you need some with fresh legs for the season. You just send the ones that need the most work.

~my two cents........