PDA

View Full Version : More Derrick Johnson video

tk13
04-25-2005, 04:22 PM
I looked and didn't see this website posted anywhere, so if it has been, I apologize. This guy has lots of Longhorn highlights over the past two years, including a couple of DJ videos plus highlights from each game, and several from DJ himself. Don't miss the "pre-2004 highlights" link, that's a whole other page with the 2003 highlights.

http://www.jcdenton40.com/

Count Zarth
04-25-2005, 04:23 PM
If anyone wants animated gifs of these videos...I aim to please.

Count Zarth
04-25-2005, 04:54 PM
My god..this kid is a BEAST. When he hits someone they just go FLYING backwards.

Count Zarth
04-25-2005, 05:05 PM
http://img249.echo.cx/img249/3290/derrickjohnson2003divx8wl.gif

tk13
04-26-2005, 05:25 PM
That is pretty cool. I figured I'd bump this since it got kinda lost in all the DJ threads the day after the draft.

FloridaChief
04-26-2005, 06:19 PM
That is pretty cool. I figured I'd bump this since it got kinda lost in all the DJ threads the day after the draft.

"Why don't you go back to your house on WHORE ISLAND?!?!?"

Crush
04-26-2005, 06:28 PM
rep

KCJake
04-26-2005, 06:28 PM
Nice vids, thanks :clap:

tk13
04-26-2005, 06:31 PM
"Why don't you go back to your house on WHORE ISLAND?!?!?"
PBJ PBJ PBJ

Redcoats58
04-26-2005, 06:32 PM
Wow, that video is better than the official one. DJ looks to be a monster. I love how many times he blew up running plays in the backfield. Thanks for the link.

Freekofnature
04-26-2005, 06:43 PM
http://img249.echo.cx/img249/3290/derrickjohnson2003divx8wl.gif

Yea he looks like he knows how to warp up.

He's gonna get killed if he tackles like that against power backs....

Jamal Lewis would break his neck and back.

And this isnt a hater's comment or a negative comment from a bronco fan.

I just so vividly remember Jamal and Mobley.

Terrible results.

irishjayhawk
04-26-2005, 09:03 PM
Wow, that video is better than the official one. DJ looks to be a monster. I love how many times he blew up running plays in the backfield. Thanks for the link.
Thats exactly what I thought. The official one didn't really show whole plays. All I can say is this guy is FAST . And if anyone doubts he can make plays.....doubt no more.

jspchief
04-26-2005, 09:21 PM

He's gonna get killed if he tackles like that against power backs....

I've been saying the same thing. I don't know about injuries, but he's going to bounce off a lot of guys and look silly. Hopefully Gun can teach him to use those things that dangle from his shoulders.

Tribal Warfare
04-26-2005, 09:32 PM
I believe Gun will pair DJ with Bell to teach him how to drive tackle and wrap up.

KCJake
04-26-2005, 09:33 PM
Hey guys, I right clicked, save as, it saves the video, but then tries to play it with a "PKZIP." Can't I just watch it with the windows media player?

beavis
04-26-2005, 10:56 PM
Cool.

He'll get eaten alive trying some of that crap in the NFL though.

Mr. Laz
04-27-2005, 11:40 AM
i think you guys killed the vid links :)

NOTE: DUE TO BANDWIDTH LIMITS, ALL OF THE BELOW LINKS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY DISABLED.

Derrick Johnson Field Goal Block
Derrick Johnson Sack
Derrick Johnson/Phillip Geiggar TFL
Derrick Johnson shows sick speed

4th and Long
04-27-2005, 02:55 PM
i think you guys killed the vid links :)

NOTE: DUE TO BANDWIDTH LIMITS, ALL OF THE BELOW LINKS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY DISABLED.

Derrick Johnson Field Goal Block
Derrick Johnson Sack
Derrick Johnson/Phillip Geiggar TFL
Derrick Johnson shows sick speed
Well, that sucks. Good thing I saved a few of them huh?

http://img208.echo.cx/img208/834/djgodj02small1vk.gif

http://img208.echo.cx/img208/5877/djgodjsmall6nk.gif

http://img208.echo.cx/img208/2052/djleaps02small1qv.gif

:)

Saulbadguy
04-27-2005, 02:57 PM
Cool.

Yup. He needs to work on his tackling. He likes to create fumbles...but that shit won't cut it in the NFL.

Saulbadguy
04-27-2005, 03:00 PM
Ugh..I just watched the 2003 one. I could have done without that terrible music. :Lin:

munkey
04-27-2005, 03:02 PM

I don't know that anyone can run warp up...

royr17
04-27-2005, 03:43 PM
One thing i saw was that all the hightligths showed no one pickin him up on blocks, which that has me scared cause i dont know how he is goin to be able to handle takin on blockers.

4th and Long
04-27-2005, 04:06 PM
One thing i saw was that all the hightligths showed no one pickin him up on blocks, which that has me scared cause i dont know how he is goin to be able to handle takin on blockers.
OK! THAT CUTS IT!

I am SICK TO DEATH of hearing how DJ can't take on a blocker, etc. Here's an easy little trivia question for you. Let's see if you get it right.

Q: About 16 years ago, we had a 6' 3", 247 lb rookie LB that came into the organization from Alabama. The critics knocked him throughout his entire college playing days for not being able to take on blockers. They said he'd play hell making it in the pros with his style. He proved to the world that if you can run around them, taking them on wasn't always the way to go. He was on the Hall Of Fame ballot last year. For a bazillion points, name that rookie.

A: If you don't know, you're a phucquetard and need banned from the site. Mind you, I'm saying DJ is like the afore mentioned individual but rather, his style of playing has been shown to be successful in the past.

munkey
04-27-2005, 04:07 PM

Every great LB is going to get blocked...Look what Shields and Richardson did to Lewis in that Monday night game.

What the clips show is ALOT of speed and nose for the football. :)

The Bad Guy
04-27-2005, 04:11 PM

Linebackers aren't supposed to take on blockers. Lineman are supposed to do that and linebackers are supposed to fly to the ball.

You would know that if you took your pud out of your hand when you were watching your boyfriend Scanlon.

The guy didn't take on blockers because he broke through to make tackles.

Yeah, he needs to wrap up better, 90% of linebackers need to. But the guy has physical skills out the ass and you can teach someone to wrap up. You can't teach someone to be 6'3, 242 with 4.5 speed.

Kawika Mitchell takes on every blocker in his way - and he gets flattened.

munkey
04-27-2005, 04:12 PM
Cool.

What makes it crap?

Being aggressive? I don't get it....

munkey
04-27-2005, 04:15 PM
Yeah, he needs to wrap up better, 90% of linebackers need to. But the guy has physical skills out the ass and you can teach someone to wrap up. You can't teach someone to be 6'3, 242 with 4.5 speed.

Thanks...

Couldn't have said it better myself...

munkey
04-27-2005, 04:16 PM
:banghead: :banghead:

To think I wasted my time repling to ROY17 :banghead:

royr17
04-27-2005, 04:19 PM
Every great LB is going to get blocked...Look what Shields and Richardson did to Lewis in that Monday night game.

What the clips show is ALOT of speed and nose for the football. :)

Yes I do see that. But what I also saw was wide open holes that he ran through, not being picked up on blocks.

We all dont know if he can take on blocks, but we will see. Believe me I think the guy is goin to be a great player. But if he has flaws he has to be able to get by them in order to be great.

Mark my words Derrick Johnson is the next Keith Bulluck, all he needs is to put on a little more weight and wrap up on tackles, learn to shed blocks and he will be great.

royr17
04-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Linebackers aren't supposed to take on blockers. Lineman are supposed to do that and linebackers are supposed to fly to the ball.

You would know that if you took your pud out of your hand when you were watching your boyfriend Scanlon.

The guy didn't take on blockers because he broke through to make tackles.

Kawika Mitchell takes on every blocker in his way - and he gets flattened.

You are out of line by callin Scanlon my boyfriend.

Count Zarth
04-27-2005, 04:22 PM

Scanlon's not your boyfriend. He's your husband.

The Bad Guy
04-27-2005, 04:22 PM
Yes I do see that. But what I also saw was wide open holes that he ran through, not being picked up on blocks.

We all dont know if he can take on blocks, but we will see. Believe me I think the guy is goin to be a great player. But if he has flaws he has to be able to get by them in order to be great.

Mark my words Derrick Johnson is the next Keith Bulluck, all he needs is to put on a little more weight and wrap up on tackles, learn to shed blocks and he will be great.

You're right. He got through 4 years of college football without taking on blocks. :rolleyes:

Aren't linebackers supposed to run through wide open holes? I thought that was their job, now people treat it like it's a negative.

I understand your bitter that Boomer is going to take your boyfriends place, but watching Scanlon has clouded your judgement on what linebackers are actually supposed to do.

munkey
04-27-2005, 04:23 PM

All I can think is :Spock:

The Bad Guy
04-27-2005, 04:23 PM

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :deevee:

Count Zarth
04-27-2005, 04:24 PM
Hey III, who would you rather see start this year? Johnson or Scanlon?

royr17
04-27-2005, 04:24 PM
Derrick Johnson will be a great great great player, all he needs to do is work on his flaws and he will turn about to be a stud for us and the steal of the draft.

As far as taking blocks on is concerned, there goin to be times you goin to have to do that, and if you cant shed those blocks then you are wasting that talent you have.

Kawika has talent too, but his inability to wrap up and shed blocks is wastin his talent.

But I tell you if Kawika ever learns how to shed blocks annd wrap up he will be a good LB.

DJ is fast as hell, can jump, is a animal at the LB position, if he works out all his flaws he will become the complete LB this defense is lookin for.

royr17
04-27-2005, 04:27 PM
You're right. He got through 4 years of college football without taking on blocks. :rolleyes:

Aren't linebackers supposed to run through wide open holes? I thought that was their job, now people treat it like it's a negative.

I understand your bitter that Boomer is going to take your boyfriends place, but watching Scanlon has clouded your judgement on what linebackers are actually supposed to do.

You dont understand. Im a chiefs fan. I want whats best for the team. And I love the pick of DJ, just a few things that need to be fixed and he will be a great LB.

If Scanlon doesnt make it so be it. Boomer has potential. Is fast as hell. And has the mean streak we are lookin for.

Also Scanlon when given the chance will be a good MLB in the NFL.

royr17
04-27-2005, 04:28 PM
Scanlon's not your boyfriend. He's your husband.

STFU Queer. Im not the one thats gay you are. Im not the one thats never gotten laid, you are.

royr17
04-27-2005, 04:29 PM
Hey III, who would you rather see start this year? Johnson or Scanlon?

I want the best players starting for the Chiefs.

munkey
04-27-2005, 04:30 PM
As far as taking blocks on is concerned, there goin to be times you goin to have to do that, and if you cant shed those blocks then you are wasting that talent you have.

:whackit:

Keep at....

ROFL

jspchief
04-27-2005, 04:32 PM
Im not the one thats never gotten laid, you are.

Isn't III like ten years younger than Jbret?

royr17
04-27-2005, 04:35 PM
Isn't III like ten years younger than Jbret?

What does that matter. And no im not ten years younger, im 20 goin on 21 and i guess he's 24, so im actually 3 years younger.

royr17
04-27-2005, 04:35 PM
you know jspchief i dont feel owned

nascher
04-27-2005, 04:36 PM
keep in mind it's a "highlight" video they won't show other things. Get some game Tapes or ask some Horns Fans about DJ.
And don't believe all the writers which seem to copy each another and never saw him play.

http://texas.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=902&fid=61&style=2

jspchief
04-27-2005, 04:38 PM
Wow. I was saying that gochiefs was owned, but with this display of intelligence, I think the score may be even.

I thought you just took your drivers license test?

Count Zarth
04-27-2005, 04:39 PM
STFU Queer. Im not the one thats gay you are. Im not the one thats never gotten laid, you are.

ROFL

royr17
04-27-2005, 04:43 PM
Wow. I was saying that gochiefs was owned, but with this display of intelligence, I think the score may be even.

I thought you just took your drivers license test?

I did get my license. But I didnt take mine till i knew i was ready.

jspchief
04-27-2005, 04:47 PM
I did get my license. But I didnt take mine till i knew i was ready.You didn't get your drivers license until you were 21? And then you were mad at your dad because he wouldn't let you go somewhere (at 21)?

I think i'll leave this one alone. I had no idea who I was dealing with. :spock:

royr17
04-27-2005, 04:49 PM
You didn't get your drivers license until you were 21? And then you were mad at your dad because he wouldn't let you go somewhere (at 21)?

I think i'll leave this one alone. I had no idea who I was dealing with. :spock:

20, im 20

royr17
04-27-2005, 04:50 PM
You didn't get your drivers license until you were 21? And then you were mad at your dad because he wouldn't let you go somewhere (at 21)?

And what do you think you are dealing with.

jspchief
04-27-2005, 04:54 PM
And what do you think you are dealing with.I just didn't realize you were "special". All this time I had chalked it up to you being a kid.

royr17
04-27-2005, 04:58 PM
I just didn't realize you were "special". All this time I had chalked it up to you being a kid.

And what do you mean by being special ?

4th and Long
04-27-2005, 05:00 PM
I just didn't realize you were "special". All this time I had chalked it up to you being a kid.
Don't ... say ... another ... word.

Just ... let ... it ... go.

Please.

royr17
04-27-2005, 05:04 PM
Don't ... say ... another ... word.

Just ... let ... it ... go.

Please.

And whats your problem ?

Count Zarth
04-27-2005, 05:27 PM
And what do you think you are dealing with.

Roy's your WORST NIGHTMARE!

http://images.art.com/images/products/large/10101000/10101882.jpg

ROYC75
04-27-2005, 06:14 PM
All college players find the talent and play at the next level to be much harder. There is much to learn that they don't see on the college level.

As for DJ and sheading blocks, part of a good LB is to avoid the block, beat it anyway he can to make a tackle. If a guy is a tackling machine, use his talents the best way possible. DJ's ability relies on speed and reads to tackle more than taking on blockers.

Truth be known, if the front 4 isn't doing there job, very few LB's will shine when it comes to tackling.

I think what III was seeing was what I told him, DJ's highlight reels are just highlights of special plays where there wasn't any blockers being taken head on.
He could be confused that DJ doesn't shead blocks ? Who knows ?

It's a highlight of his playmaking.......not his overall skills.

I think DJ will be just fine and I'm damn glad he feel to us.

ROYC75
04-27-2005, 06:18 PM
BTW, some of you are still riding this Scanlon crap too far. ( ref: boyfriend,husband, etc. ) If you disagree, just say so, that's all that is needed, we all have difference in opinions.

The kid has game accept it and move on. Will he make the team this year, I think so. I think with the injuries and a transfusion of young talent the Chiefs are moving into he'll be here for awhile.

If not, so be it, he'll move to another team.

royr17
04-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Roy's your WORST NIGHTMARE!

http://images.art.com/images/products/large/10101000/10101882.jpg

Shit I wish, I wish i was rambo.

T-post Tom
04-27-2005, 09:53 PM
I looked and didn't see this website posted anywhere, so if it has been, I apologize. This guy has lots of Longhorn highlights over the past two years, including a couple of DJ videos plus highlights from each game, and several from DJ himself. Don't miss the "pre-2004 highlights" link, that's a whole other page with the 2003 highlights.

http://www.jcdenton40.com/

Where's the video of DJ planting Pete Prisco in the turf like a lawn dart? That's the video that I want to see...

Count Zarth
04-27-2005, 09:54 PM
Shit I wish, I wish i was rambo.

Just think...then you could lay your dad the hell out! ROFL (just kidding)

You want me to photoshop your head onto his body?