PDA

View Full Version : Is Ty Law Still a Possiblity?

Shox
04-25-2005, 07:42 PM
Do we have any cap room left to sign another CB....Ty Law or maybe Aaron Glenn when the Texans cut him loose?

I still think we could use another CB.

jcroft
04-25-2005, 07:45 PM
Vermeil said today there wasn't enough room to still go after Law.

Crush
04-25-2005, 07:46 PM
I'm afraid not.

CoMoChief
I'm not sure. I doubt we have the money to sign Law or Glenn, wed probably have to get someone of less talent/ability. It wouldnt be until June 1st anyway.

Mr. Laz
no

the most we can hope for is a mid-tier wide linebacker if we continue to have health issues.

maybe a mid-tier wide receiver if we cut morton

tk13
The money is there. Carl is just being a cheap ass.

:)

milkman
04-25-2005, 07:48 PM

Not that I really care one way or the other about Law at this point, but Carl was saying late last week that it didn't look like we would be able to get Surtain before the draft.

I don't ever believe anything these guys say, because they are blowing smoke up our asses, as they should be.

jcroft
04-25-2005, 07:57 PM
Not that I really care one way or the other about Law at this point, but Carl was saying late last week that it didn't look like we would be able to get Surtain before the draft.

I don't ever believe anything these guys say, because they are blowing smoke up our asses, as they should be.

Just reporting what was said. Wasn't saying it was true.

Deberg_1990
04-25-2005, 08:01 PM

Exactly, its more of Carl's typical BS. Id love for us to make a run at Law. can you imagine Surtain, Law and Warfield as our CB's?? That would be pretty sweet. There are always ways around the salary cap. Just give the dude a nice signing bonus. Lamar and Carl are just being cheap.

jcroft
04-25-2005, 08:02 PM
Exactly, its more of Carl's typical BS. Id love for us to make a run at Law. can you imagine Surtain, Law and Warfield as our CB's?? That would be pretty sweet. There are always ways around the salary cap. Just give the dude a nice signing bonus. Lamar and Carl are just being cheap.

If there are "always ways around the cap" and they are just being cheap, which team is is the Yankees of the NFL? Which team is not cheap and therefore has all the superstars on their team? Which team has found all the clever ways around the salary cap and is spending hundreds of millions of dollars so they are way better than everyone else?

Just wondering.

PastorMikH
04-25-2005, 08:03 PM
I'm not really sure we need Law now. He will cost us and I think Surtain and Warfield will be fine. Add in Sammy Knight and the winner of the Woods/Wesley battle for the other safety spot and I think we will be MUCH improved in the backfield without spending a lot of extra money on Law.

siberian khatru
04-25-2005, 08:05 PM
I don't think Carl and Lamar really care about winning.

tk13
ROFL See, there you go.

Deberg_1990
If there are "always ways around the cap" and they are just being cheap, which team is is the Yankees of the NFL? Which team is not cheap and therefore has all the superstars on their team? Which team has found all the clever ways around the salary cap and is spending hundreds of millions of dollars so they are way better than everyone else?

Just wondering.

Redskins, Raiders, the 49er's in the mid 1990's the Cowboys in the mid 1990's....Denver.

jcroft
04-25-2005, 08:11 PM
Redskins, Raiders, the 49er's in the mid 1990's the Cowboys in the mid 1990's....Denver.

So, you're saying no one has done it since the mid-90s? What makes you think it's still possible, then?

Besides, wasn't the salary cap put in place in the mid-ninties? Wouldn't that make these teams not very good examples?

Weren't the 49ers fined for breaking salary cap rules?

C-Mac
04-25-2005, 08:12 PM
Vermiel gave a quick and firm "NO" today on 810.....aint happening.

redbrian
04-25-2005, 08:59 PM
Unless Law is damaged goods, then the Chiefs have a shot at picking him up on the cheap.

Phobia
04-25-2005, 09:02 PM
Glenn is being cut by the Texans? I would be very surprised if he didn't renegotiate and stay there. Very surprised.

ROYC75
04-25-2005, 09:34 PM
CP mentioned the cap was capped to the max and he has to work hard just to get the draft choices signed after the Surtain deal .

Wallcrawler
04-25-2005, 09:40 PM
I really dont see us going after Law. The Chiefs shelled out 50 million bucks for Surtain to get our bigtime cornerback.

Drafting Alphonso Hodge adds some depth beyond Mcleon and Sapp.

I really look for Ty Law to end up with the Steelers or the Jets.