PDA

View Full Version : People that make used car salesmen look honorable...

ENDelt260
04-25-2005, 09:27 PM
...folks in the mortgage business. Good Lord, these people are vile. I thought I was a bad person, but I don't, on a daily basis, out and out lie to everyday, working people in an attempt to assf*ck them out of thousands of dollars.

I lost my temper with one broad today and just outright told her she was lying to me. (Well, I knew she was. Dumb broad... trying to get me to believe Wells Fargo doesn't negotiate closing fees. Bullshit, I already negotiated waiving fees with a representative of your company.) She had the nerve to get offended at the suggestion.

She was the fourth in a series of four consecutive contentious phone calls between me and shady f*ckers this morning. Two shady contractors, and two vile, evil, evil, lying mortgage women. Hell of a way to start the day. Guess I just wanted to make sure my Monday sucked ass.

On the plus side, I've discovered a sure way to tell if a person trying to sell me a mortgage is lying... their lips are moving.

Crush
04-25-2005, 09:30 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/images/58037/0_21_061402_michaelson_ron.jpg

Rain Man
04-25-2005, 09:31 PM
It's getting to where the only people you can trust any more are the market researchers.

Phobia
04-25-2005, 09:32 PM
I'll fix your deck for free if you'll reimburse me for $39,000 in travel expenses. I plan to buy a new truck on the way to Scottsdale.

Rain Man
04-25-2005, 09:33 PM
Like I said...

ENDelt260
04-25-2005, 09:33 PM
It's getting to where the only people you can trust any more are the market researchers.
Didn't you post a story once upon a time about an incompetent, dishonest, mortgage broad? The events of this morning reminded me of that and made me wanna find the thread.

ENDelt260
04-25-2005, 09:37 PM
I'll fix your deck for free if you'll reimburse me for $39,000 in travel expenses. I plan to buy a new truck on the way to Scottsdale.
I had some douchebag this morning basically want me to commit to him before he'd give a f*cking written bid. I lost my goddammed mind. He was bitching about how he'd already invested so much time and effort in coming to the house once, and working up the numbers... and if he was gonna put anymore effort in he wanted some assurance that he was doing the job. I couldn't believe my f*cking ears. I told him no one was getting the job w/out submitting a written bid, so if that was too much effort for him then we needed to just stop wasting each other's time right now. He decided he'd fax me a bid tomorrow.

And, no, it was the 39K dude. If that guy had had the nerve to both throw out that number, and insist I accept it without documentation, I think I would've had an aneurysm.

Nzoner
04-25-2005, 10:10 PM
...folks in the mortgage business. Good Lord, these people are vile. I thought I was a bad person, but I don't, on a daily basis, out and out lie to everyday, working people in an attempt to assf*ck them out of thousands of dollars.

Agreed,I can't get into the story on a public message board so I'll just say thanks for your comments.

HemiEd
04-25-2005, 10:17 PM
The low interest rates have drawn a lot of people into the home finance business. Now that interest rates are on the rise a lot of them will back to selling Kirbys door to door. :rolleyes:

Freekofnature
04-25-2005, 11:17 PM

I lost my temper with one broad today and just outright told her she was lying to me. (Well, I knew she was. Dumb broad... trying to get me to believe Wells Fargo doesn't negotiate closing fees. Bullshit, I already negotiated waiving fees with a representative of your company.) She had the nerve to get offended at the suggestion.

She was the fourth in a series of four consecutive contentious phone calls between me and shady f*ckers this morning. Two shady contractors, and two vile, evil, evil, lying mortgage women. Hell of a way to start the day. Guess I just wanted to make sure my Monday sucked ass.

On the plus side, I've discovered a sure way to tell if a person trying to sell me a mortgage is lying... their lips are moving.

No doubt..... One of the worst out there.

One of them was a friend of my mother so my mother hired the friend as the agent.

Now my mother cant even stand her(friend) name being spoken out.

Rausch
04-25-2005, 11:21 PM
Days like this are why I own the new Fight Night game.

ENDelt260
04-25-2005, 11:38 PM
One of them was a friend of my mother so my mother hired the friend as the agent.

Ouch.

My neighbor is guiding me through minimizing my assraping. He's an accoutant, and quite a bit smarter about financial things than me. Doesn't hurt that he recently audited a mortgage company and knows firsthand how the bullshit works. He told me a story about when he bought his condo. I guess on the day he was signing all his paperwork he noticed on one of the approximately eleventy billion pages they make you sign there was a bullshit rate... not what the rate was supposed to be. He pointed it out, a phone call was made, and the correct page magically came out of the fax machine. Shady, shady f*ckers. Was supposedly a friend doing the work.

To bring it back to used car dealers, Boozer and I have a buddy that is one. Back in the day, he sold Boozer a car. The guy's dad, a seasoned used car dealer, asked him how bad he took Boozer. The guy admitted he didn't really f*ck Boozer over. His dad's response? "WTF? If you can't rip off your friends, who can you rip off?"

Freekofnature
04-25-2005, 11:56 PM
Ouch.

My neighbor is guiding me through minimizing my assraping. He's an accoutant, and quite a bit smarter about financial things than me. Doesn't hurt that he recently audited a mortgage company and knows firsthand how the bullshit works. He told me a story about when he bought his condo. I guess on the day he was signing all his paperwork he noticed on one of the approximately eleventy billion pages they make you sign there was a bullshit rate... not what the rate was supposed to be. He pointed it out, a phone call was made, and the correct page magically came out of the fax machine. Shady, shady f*ckers. Was supposedly a friend doing the work.

To bring it back to used car dealers, Boozer and I have a buddy that is one. Back in the day, he sold Boozer a car. The guy's dad, a seasoned used car dealer, asked him how bad he took Boozer. The guy admitted he didn't really f*ck Boozer over. His dad's response? "WTF? If you can't rip off your friends, who can you rip off?"
Lmfao....

I can't stand them. So much backstabbing within agents and dealings too.

Gotta stop before I get angry.

Rain Man
04-26-2005, 12:48 AM
Didn't you post a story once upon a time about an incompetent, dishonest, mortgage broad? The events of this morning reminded me of that and made me wanna find the thread.

You have a good memory, but technically my story was about a lazy, incompetent mortgage broad who couldn't even do the braindead work of locking in our interest rate and making sure our paperwork was being processed. I'm paying an extra $40 or $50 a month for the next 20 years due to her stupidity, but on the positive side she sent us a fruit basket as an apology.

Phobia
04-26-2005, 12:51 AM
You have a good memory, but technically my story was about a lazy, incompetent mortgage broad who couldn't even do the braindead work of locking in our interest rate and making sure our paperwork was being processed. I'm paying an extra $40 or $50 a month for the next 20 years due to her stupidity, but on the positive side she sent us a fruit basket as an apology.

That sucks. You could have taken up a cool habit with that money.

I think you would do well as an eccentric pipe smoker.

alanm
04-26-2005, 12:58 AM
Any type of Lawyer is the vilest form of life on earth. They make that little critter on the commercials that eat toe fungus look honorable. :cuss:

ENDelt260
04-26-2005, 01:02 AM
Any type of Lawyer is the vilest form of life on earth. They make that little critter on the commercials that eat toe fungus look honorable. :cuss:
I've had a couple lawyers do real nice things for me.

Come to think of it, I once dated a mortgage banker, and she did some very nice things as well. But, that wasn't a professional relationship.