PDA

View Full Version : I'm know why i'm overweight

big nasty kcnut
04-25-2005, 10:19 PM
It's because i worry too much and over eat then when people yell at me and make me feel bad i eat more. i don't know what to do i'm stong but can't get rid of this weight. Any help would be great.

Simplex3
04-26-2005, 01:38 AM
I'm goal oriented, but I have to be able to see progress and track measurables to keep on track. That's why the spreadsheet helps me so much, I have weekly and semi-monthly measuring points to determine if I'm making progress and how much farther it is to my goal.

More to your point, when I have an established and measurable goal I can avoid the binge type eating you're talking about (and I'm damn good at I might add). When I feel that urge I just tell myself it's X number of days to the next milestone and if I do this I'm just setting myself back.

As for the stress, you might want to try some meditation. It's worked wonders for me. You can find some simple guided meditations here:

http://www.learningmeditation.com/room.htm

badgirl
04-27-2005, 12:48 PM
It's because i worry too much and over eat then when people yell at me and make me feel bad i eat more. i don't know what to do i'm stong but can't get rid of this weight. Any help would be great.
pick up a habbit that you can work on when your worried or feeling bad, like model cars or something. See I have the total opposite problem, if I'm bothered by something I can't eat, it takes my mind off what i am thinking and I don't like that, I have to mull over things in my mind and pick them apart, and eating disturbs that. I need to gain about 8 lbs and I am having a hard time of it, I have to sit on my ass 24/7 and eat constantly to gain any weight, and if I work for a day or two hard, and don't eat a lot, i lose it, a lot faster than it took me to gain it.