PDA

View Full Version : need car audio help

NJ Chief Fan
04-25-2005, 11:15 PM
i just baught a new head unit for my car and i got all the wires connected properly...but there are some rca wires that are still hangin out...in my last head unit and the stock head unit they didnt have attachements for the rca plugs...any body know if you need the rca wires connected to the amp for the head unit to work?

im not to handy with car audio can some one please help me i have no radio at all right now and i have a 30 min drive to school :banghead:

Phobia
04-25-2005, 11:17 PM
If you don't have an amp, they hang free unless there's something unique about your head unit.

I'm not a guru. I've installed a few in my own cars, though.

Dunit35
04-25-2005, 11:20 PM
no you dont...the RCA cables just make the amp work with the cd player....without the RCA cables your amp wont turn on....well it'll turn on with ground wire and battery but there wont be any sound from subs though....I THINK....

NJ Chief Fan
04-25-2005, 11:21 PM
well i got a stock amp... the cd player has xm radio(which im not gonna even install cause paying for radio is luacris) but im pretty sure all the wiring is done properly..i even changed the fuse but its those damn rca wires that im not sure about and those damn instruction manuels dont say anything bout installing them

Dunit35
04-25-2005, 11:23 PM
well I just bought a pioneer premiere cd player a couple of months ago...and it just came with 2 spots for RCA cables and I bought them with the amp kit....your cd player should work without RCA cables...

stevieray
04-25-2005, 11:40 PM
Rca cables run from your deck to your amp. you should have ablue continuous power wire. Power to the amp should come directly from the battery, with a fuse. Run a ground wire from your amp to metal.., run wires from your amp to your speakers.

Cmac is the audio guru.

NJ Chief Fan
04-25-2005, 11:58 PM
thanks for all the help...hopefully ill get that junk to work..keep you all post