PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to snag DT Corey Simon?

CoMoChief
04-26-2005, 11:22 AM
The Philly Eagles will more than likely release DT (former Pro Bowler) Corey Simon on June 1st. Does anyone think that we could sign him, do we have the money? This guy is a great run stuffer and seams to be on every running play. Sims is a piece of shit who needs his ass kicked in training camp. To have Corey Simon and Lional Dalton as our interior d lineman would make our LB's even better. Sims can fill in as a backup role. Maybe that will motivate him to become a player that should live up to his 6th overall pick capability.

CoMoChief
04-26-2005, 11:23 AM
And yes I know that alot of you people are going to say that we dont need another DT. Well this guy is better than ANY DT we have now. We need someone who brings pressure to the QB, as well as a run stopper. This guy can do both.

Frankie
04-26-2005, 11:27 AM
How old is he and what are his vitals?

jcroft
04-26-2005, 11:32 AM
How old is he and what are his vitals?

ENDelt told me he's got about 13 inches.

Frankie
04-26-2005, 11:39 AM
ENDelt told me he's got about 13 inches.
Why did you ask in the first place? ;)

jcroft
04-26-2005, 11:43 AM
Why did you ask in the first place? ;)

I didn't. He's a damn braggart. He's always telling me how big the dudes that pound him are.

The Bad Guy
04-26-2005, 11:45 AM
They don't need to release him, they just need to take the franchise tag away. They would do that at any time.

And no, we couldn't snag him. The Chiefs don't have any cap room to add a big contract.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Az Hakim though and Morton shown the door.

htismaqe
04-26-2005, 11:48 AM
There's absolutely zero chance we can afford him.

The Eagles won't let him go anyway.

Ninjaman
04-26-2005, 12:13 PM
I agree.

Eagles have FRANCHISE tag on him.

Cory Simon told the Eagles to remove it but even the Eagles know he is the franchise of that D.

dtrain
04-26-2005, 01:34 PM
Anything is possible if CP really wants to get it done. Contracts can be restructured, players released, the structure of Simon's contract. I think that would be a great move and really prove we are committed to getting to the superbowl. Just get it done CP ROFL

philfree
04-27-2005, 08:41 PM
I was thinking about this and IMO Carl was hinting in the post draft interview that he is gonna try and pick up a player after we can create some June 1st cap space. If Simon is released I hope we're in a position to make a play for him. He'd be the cherry on top of an already tasty off season sundae. I'm in awe of what's transpired already if we pick up Simon I'm gonna have to see a shrink to make sure all this is real.

PhilFree:arrow: