PDA

View Full Version : Planet policy?

DenverChief
04-26-2005, 12:39 PM
Regarding the use of famous peoples names? Are Merril Hoge, Mel Kiper, Ron Jaworski, and Sean Salisbury really who they claim they are and if not isn't that a violation of the "Tony Gonzalez" rule?

Ari Chi3fs
04-26-2005, 12:41 PM
yeah, ESPN could email CP and get mad. :rolleyes:

Saulbadguy
04-26-2005, 12:43 PM
Not only that, but its extremely stupid.

Coach
04-26-2005, 12:44 PM
Hmm...we're missing John Clayton...

Skip Towne
04-26-2005, 12:46 PM
No, you can't post as Elton John.

CosmicPal
04-26-2005, 12:47 PM
Brittany Spears told me to tell you to Shut up.

Radar Chief
04-26-2005, 12:49 PM
IIRC the problem with Phony Tony was that he tried to pass himself off as the real Tony.
If someone wants to wear the moniker of their favorite player, or even journalist, whatís wrong with that? At least until they attempt to portray themselves as that person, then itís a problem. Otherwise, who cares? :shrug:

jspchief
I'm suprised at how much this is bothering people.

Douche Baggins
I think that rule is only for NFL personalities.

BIG_DADDY
04-26-2005, 12:52 PM
yea that's what we need, more rules. :rolleyes:

jcroft
04-26-2005, 12:58 PM
I can't believe this is actually bothering people.

Someone is fooling around -- it was funny and now it's getting annoying -- but it was never intended to confuse people. Everyone knows it's not REALLY them.

As for Phoney Gonzalez, the way I remember it he didn't try to pass himself off as the real deal, either. I think he was just such a buffoon that everyone wanted a reason to kick him out of here and that sounded like a good excuse to do so.

whoman69
04-26-2005, 01:02 PM
IIRC the problem with Phony Tony was that he tried to pass himself off as the real Tony.
If someone wants to wear the moniker of their favorite player, or even journalist, whatís wrong with that? At least until they attempt to portray themselves as that person, then itís a problem. Otherwise, who cares? :shrug:
Merill is posting as though he were that person. He talks about his career in football, and his job at ESPN in the first person.

Skip Towne
04-26-2005, 01:03 PM
I'm suprised at how much this is bothering people.
What? Me worry?

ENDelt260
04-26-2005, 01:03 PM
There's a rule against using the correctly spelled name of Chiefs players/personalities.

Beyond that, ask Phil.

jcroft
04-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Merill is posting as though he were that person. He talks about his career in football, and his job at ESPN in the first person.

You've got to be kidding me.

Seriously, I'd love to know why this bothers you so.

ROYC75
04-26-2005, 01:10 PM
I was informed we can't have 2 user names anyway.... I have never had but 1 until Dec. last year when I played a few tricks on members.

Can't we have some fun around here anymore ?

el borracho
04-26-2005, 01:11 PM
The analyst schtick is obviously a joke. My only complaint is that it isn't funny.

ENDelt260
04-26-2005, 01:12 PM
I was informed we can't have 2 user names anyway

Bullshit.

It's the Tom Cash technique of using mutliple usernames to appear to be distinct people on the same side of an argument that's not allowed.

Radar Chief
04-26-2005, 01:15 PM
As for Phoney Gonzalez, the way I remember it he didn't try to pass himself off as the real deal, either. I think he was just such a buffoon that everyone wanted a reason to kick him out of here and that sounded like a good excuse to do so.

No, he tried to pass himself off as the real Tony until he got called on it.

Lzen
04-26-2005, 01:53 PM
The analyst schtick is obviously a joke. My only complaint is that it isn't funny.

Agreed. I thought Hoge was a rival fan or something. But I noticed he's got an avatar and sig and not even 100 posts yet. That would suggest someone with mod powers. :hmmm:

Douche Baggins
04-26-2005, 01:56 PM
Agreed. I thought Hoge was a rival fan or something. But I noticed he's got an avatar and sig and not even 100 posts yet. That would suggest someone with mod powers. :hmmm:

You only need 50 posts to have an avatar/sig.

Also I think if you're registered for a certain amount of time you get it regardless.

Calcountry
04-26-2005, 02:05 PM
I was informed we can't have 2 user names anyway.... I have never had but 1 until Dec. last year when I played a few tricks on members.

Can't we have some fun around here anymore ?No, you cannot start threads that repeat any topic that has already been started. You cannot start a thread of dumassery, only football, and then, you must be the first and only person to start a thread about Patrick Surtain.

You must clear all thread topics with the thread police before hitting submit.
sarcasm/off

That is all I can think of for now, but yeah, this place is not nearly as wide open as it was when I joined here in 03, I still like it though.

Mile High Mania
04-26-2005, 02:36 PM
Anyone care to guess the date when a handful of folks get bent out of shape (over nothing, I might add) and swear to leave and form their own site.

Some folks are making way too much of the recent events around posting full blown nudity (shocker that's not allowed) and 'paid content' from other sites.

Just talk sports... bash my beloved Broncos... declare that THIS is the year your Chiefs don't crush your hearts and get on with life.

Calcountry
04-26-2005, 02:42 PM
Anyone care to guess the date when a handful of folks get bent out of shape (over nothing, I might add) and swear to leave and form their own site.

Some folks are making way too much of the recent events around posting full blown nudity (shocker that's not allowed) and 'paid content' from other sites.

Just talk sports... bash my beloved Broncos... declare that THIS is the year your Chiefs don't crush your hearts and get on with life.Isn't that how Chiefs Planet got started?

jcroft
04-26-2005, 02:45 PM

Just talk sports... bash my beloved Broncos... declare that THIS is the year your Chiefs don't crush your hearts and get on with life.

Amen.

Douche Baggins
04-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Amen.

AMEN!

Mile High Mania
04-26-2005, 02:47 PM
Isn't that how Chiefs Planet got started?

Pretty much... but, it wasn't over petty stuff like what is being discussed in this thread.

jcroft
04-26-2005, 02:48 PM
AMEN!

Please stay away from my posts.

DenverChief
04-26-2005, 02:52 PM
Pretty much... but, it wasn't over petty stuff like what is being discussed in this thread.

Eh yes it was

Mile High Mania
04-26-2005, 02:55 PM
Eh yes it was

Well, most sites have issues with posting nudity... and most should be concerned about frequent posting of paid content. There's no mod abuse or any of the other BS from the Star.

DenverChief
04-26-2005, 03:00 PM
Well, most sites have issues with posting nudity... and most should be concerned about frequent posting of paid content. There's no mod abuse or any of the other BS from the Star.

The Tony rule was made so that if the actual player visited the site they could be identified....why isn't the same for any other famous person who could likely visit the site.....meaning who cares if someone creates a Jimmy Hoffa or Val Kilmer account....it is possible Sean Salisbury or Merril Hoge would visit the site

Bob Dole
04-26-2005, 03:03 PM
There's something seriously ****ed up when the Browncow fan is the one making sense.

Looks like a whole bunch sandy manginas need a good douche.

jcroft
04-26-2005, 03:03 PM
The Tony rule was made so that if the actual player visited the site they could be identified....why isn't the same for any other famous person who could likely visit the site.....meaning who cares if someone creates a Jimmy Hoffa or Val Kilmer account....it is possible Sean Salisbury or Merril Hoge would visit the site

This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I'm actually dumber for having read this. Thanks a lot.

Bob Dole
04-26-2005, 03:04 PM

The real Bob Dole may show up any minute, too.

DenverChief
04-26-2005, 03:05 PM
This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I'm actually dumber for having read this. Thanks a lot.

speaking of sandy vaginas

DenverChief
04-26-2005, 03:06 PM
The real Bob Dole may show up any minute, too.

I demand that bob dole do an Denverchief impression with his name! :harumph:

jspchief
04-26-2005, 03:07 PM
speaking of sandy vaginas

...says the guy that started this thread.

htismaqe
04-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Eh yes it was

Eh, no it wasn't.

The mods at the old Star board were not only deleting the posts, but the ACCOUNTS, of anyone that dared disagree with them.

This is NOTHING like that at all.

Radar Chief
04-26-2005, 03:15 PM

Whitlock and Teicher have visited this board. :shrug: Hell if youíve read Whitlock much it looks like he gets the majority of his material from this board.

DenverChief
04-26-2005, 03:16 PM
Eh, no it wasn't.

The mods at the old Star board were not only deleting the posts, but the ACCOUNTS, of anyone that dared disagree with them.

and people threatening lawsuits over posts and just being downright nasty over really retarded stuff

DenverChief
04-26-2005, 03:17 PM
...says the guy that started this thread.

says the guy crying about the thread being started

Mile High Mania
04-26-2005, 03:18 PM
There's something seriously ****ed up when the Browncow fan is the one making sense.

Looks like a whole bunch sandy manginas need a good douche.

ROFL I've long been considered the voice of reason on this site...

ENDelt260
04-26-2005, 03:21 PM
Look everybody... jcroft and DC are flirting.

"No... I know YOU are, but what am I?"

Ultra Peanut
04-26-2005, 03:22 PM
We should ban that Larry Johnson poser, too.

BIG_DADDY
04-26-2005, 03:25 PM
and people threatening lawsuits over posts and just being downright nasty over really retarded stuff

ROFL Why can't everybody be like me and just hold hands and skip?

htismaqe
04-26-2005, 03:27 PM

This isn't AT ALL like that.

We've been asked by ESPN not to allow Insider material to be posted. Next time they won't ask, they'll tell. And if it happens after THAT, there won't be anymore Chiefsplanet, unless of course you have the money to hire lawyers, because we don't.

jcroft
04-26-2005, 03:29 PM
Whitlock and Teicher have visited this board. :shrug: Hell if youíve read Whitlock much it looks like he gets the majority of his material from this board.

It was a joke. :)

Calcountry
04-26-2005, 03:38 PM
Pretty much... but, it wasn't over petty stuff like what is being discussed in this thread.I still like this place, don't misunderstand, but there IS a lot more bitching about the types of threads, content, repetitiveness, than there was when I joined.

I noticed this months ago, but chose THIS thread as an appropriate vehicle through which to air my observation, rather than start one( heaven forbid) myself, and be in the position of ridicule. Not me, I like this place too much. :p

Calcountry
04-26-2005, 03:40 PM
The real Bob Dole may show up any minute, too.ROFLMFAO
You mean, "Bob Dole feels that he really is real, and doesn't need to be identified by a Visa Check Card."

Calcountry
04-26-2005, 03:41 PM
Eh, no it wasn't.

This is NOTHING like that at all.Agreed, I would dare not post the trite observation that I did, had that been the case.

jspchief
04-26-2005, 03:48 PM
says the guy crying about the thread being startedI'm not crying about anything. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of the person that started the ultimate sandy vagina thread accusing someone else of having a sandy vagina.

Phobia
04-26-2005, 04:16 PM
The purpose behind that policy was because Dan Saleamua was browsing the board and was confused by the Tony Gonzalez account. He thought it was the real deal. He shared this information with Bob Dole in person.

Tony Gonzalez didn't really do anything to cause that rule. I don't really care about analyst names unless there's some real world reason not to have that silliness out there. Other than that, it's just a joke. You can laugh, whine, or ignore it.

jspchief
04-26-2005, 04:22 PM
You can laugh, whine, or ignore it.
Those are our only choices? Where's the Gaz option?

DenverChief
04-26-2005, 04:29 PM
This isn't AT ALL like that.

We've been asked by ESPN not to allow Insider material to be posted. Next time they won't ask, they'll tell. And if it happens after THAT, there won't be anymore Chiefsplanet, unless of course you have the money to hire lawyers, because we don't.

I'm not sure what that has to do with people on the planet using real analysit names but ya sure ok then

DenverChief
04-26-2005, 04:31 PM
I'm not crying about anything. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of the person that started the ultimate sandy vagina thread accusing someone else of having a sandy vagina.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of the person that is crying about the ultimate sandy vagina thread by being the ultimate sandy vagina about it

Bob Dole
04-26-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of the person that is crying about the ultimate sandy vagina thread by being the ultimate sandy vagina about it

And since it's Tuesday, Bob Dole is calling you both pussies.

Pussies.

DenverChief
04-26-2005, 04:35 PM

Pussies.

and what if it were wednesday?

Bob Dole
04-26-2005, 04:36 PM
and what if it were wednesday?

Bob Dole would probably be in a better mood and would just call you both dipshits.

DenverChief
04-26-2005, 04:37 PM
Bob Dole would probably be in a better mood and would just call you both dipshits.

ahh too many freshman applications?

DenverChief
04-26-2005, 04:39 PM
The purpose behind that policy was because Dan Saleamua was browsing the board and was confused by the Tony Gonzalez account. He thought it was the real deal. He shared this information with Bob Dole in person.

Tony Gonzalez didn't really do anything to cause that rule. I don't really care about analyst names unless there's some real world reason not to have that silliness out there. Other than that, it's just a joke. You can laugh, whine, or ignore it.

And what if Len Dawson happens by?

Bob Dole
04-26-2005, 04:40 PM
ahh too many freshman applications?

Thankfully, we don't have to deal with freshmen for a few more years.

Trying to deal with a bunch of Aggie engineers and architects to plan the connectivity to and infrastructure for a new campus is a bit annoying, however.

DenverChief
04-26-2005, 04:44 PM
Thankfully, we don't have to deal with freshmen for a few more years.

Trying to deal with a bunch of Aggie engineers and architects to plan the connectivity to and infrastructure for a new campus is a bit annoying, however.

ahh where is the new campus?

Calcountry
04-26-2005, 04:44 PM

Pussies.Yeah, I heard that Super Tuesday is special to Bob Dole, so don't fug up his Tuesdays.

Bob Dole
04-26-2005, 04:49 PM
ahh where is the new campus?

North of town. It's a pretty nice setup...sits on a small lake and adjacent to a new municipal golf course.

patteeu
04-26-2005, 05:01 PM

Do you mean to tell me that Merril Hoge isn't the real Merril Hoge?

patteeu
04-26-2005, 05:02 PM

Can't we have some fun around here anymore ?

No. You are here for my amusement, not vice versa. :p

patteeu
04-26-2005, 05:05 PM
Eh, no it wasn't.

I don't agree. (1)

------------
(1) This is a test

Bob Dole
04-26-2005, 05:13 PM
I don't agree.

And somewhere, to some infinitesimally small extent, someone gives a shit.

chiefs4me
04-26-2005, 05:39 PM
crybabies.......

Inspector
04-26-2005, 06:25 PM
And what if Len Dawson happens by?

That would be cool.....

patteeu
04-26-2005, 07:20 PM
And somewhere, to some infinitesimally small extent, someone gives a shit.

As long as they care, that's all that matters. :)

go bowe
04-26-2005, 07:45 PM
I don't agree. (1)

------------
(1) This is a testwhat test?

i could barely read that pale blue handwriting...

of course, i didn't have my glasses on (i hate to wear them)... :huh: