PDA

View Full Version : Ty Law -- revisited

King_Chief_Fan
04-26-2005, 04:08 PM
So, what are the chances that KC is still interested in Ty Law?

I am thinking not much chance given the Surtain trade.
Warfield can compete/perform well enough with Surtain and Knight added.
Does Warfield four game suspension with the thoughts of Burntee being his back up concern anyone but me? Missing Warfield and relying on Burntee to cover Porter or Moss is a pretty scary thought. Are there any others thoughts about needing or wanting Ty Law?

Saulbadguy
04-26-2005, 04:09 PM
I don't think we have the $$$...

Iowanian
04-26-2005, 04:12 PM
A box of Ring Dings in Oprah's dressing room, when Rosie Odonell is cohosting, has a better chance of surviving the entire day, than the Chiefs have of signing Law.

its not happening.

sorry to take away your tube Sock in mid stroke.

Brock
04-26-2005, 04:15 PM
Warfield probably isn't going to be suspended.

CosmicPal
04-26-2005, 04:16 PM
I don't think we have the $$$...

Yes, we do.

I was actually thinking about this very thing this morning. I think it would be of great benefit for KC to get Ty Law, and they will get him cheaper as the days go on. The Chiefs have all kinds of cuts they can make in order to make room for Ty Law.

He is worth it, even if for 4 games. The idea of having Surtain, Warfield, and Law as our DBs is insane. Our defense would simply be magical. So, it is worth the effort of bringing him in.

Iowanian
04-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Step away from the doobie dipped in embalming fluid.

BIG_DADDY
04-26-2005, 04:21 PM
Warfield probably isn't going to be suspended.

That would rule, where did you hear that at?

C-Mac
04-26-2005, 04:22 PM
Is this a joke? Surely you jest.....

HolmeZz
04-26-2005, 04:23 PM
Let's see how much money we've got left over once guys like Morton get whacked on June 1st.

beavis
04-26-2005, 04:30 PM
Wasn't this exact same thread posted on Sunday?

It still isn't any less stupid.

patteeu
04-26-2005, 05:41 PM
I don't think it's likely at all.

ChiefsCountry
04-26-2005, 05:47 PM
We aren't the Broncos, we play by the rules and abide by the salary cap.

tommykat
04-26-2005, 05:52 PM
If he revisted something must be up. Food for thought at least.

Skip Towne
04-26-2005, 05:54 PM
Nope. Ain't happening.

tommykat
04-26-2005, 05:58 PM
[QUOTE=Skip Towne]Nope. Ain't happening.[/QUOTE

I hope you eat CROW......:harumph: heehee

Calcountry
04-26-2005, 06:00 PM
A box of Ring Dings in Oprah's dressing room, when Rosie Odonell is cohosting, has a better chance of surviving the entire day, than the Chiefs have of signing Law.

its not happening.

sorry to take away your tube Sock in mid stroke.ROFL:clap:Since you don't do rep, hows this.

LMFAO.

Skip Towne
04-26-2005, 06:01 PM
[QUOTE=Skip Towne]Nope. Ain't happening.[/QUOTE

I hope you eat CROW......:harumph: heehee
Nope. Ain't happening. :p

tommykat
04-26-2005, 06:06 PM
Nope. Ain't happening. :p

Wanna bet????

DenverChief
04-26-2005, 06:09 PM

its not happening.

sorry to take away your tube Sock in mid stroke. ROFL

CoMoChief
04-26-2005, 06:11 PM
No way were gonna pay that kinda money to a guy thats 31 and comin off a major leg injury that wants a long term contract after we signed arguably the best CB in the league besides Chump Bailey. We'll probably use Hodge or McCleon (Who I hate) as a nickel corner.

Bwana
04-26-2005, 06:14 PM
Wanna bet????

I'll bet. :evil:

tommykat
04-26-2005, 06:17 PM
I'll bet. :evil:

You would, and I suspose I would have to shoot a gun or use a bow? Turkey......ROFL

Bwana
04-26-2005, 06:19 PM
You would, and I suspose I would have to shoot a gun or use a bow? Turkey......ROFL

That could happen. NTTIAWWT :)

tommykat
04-26-2005, 06:21 PM
That could happen. NTTIAWWT :)

OK you baited me, what is that?? PS......I would loose easy if I could have whoever that guy is in your avatar....;)

Bwana
04-26-2005, 06:29 PM
OK you baited me, what is that?? PS......I would loose easy if I could have whoever that guy is in your avatar....;)NTTIAWWT = Not that there is anything wrong with that.

The guy in my avy is Chris LeDoux. I got to know him well when I was in the radio business. One hell of a good guy. He died in March of cancer.

Thig Lyfe
04-26-2005, 06:31 PM
Not likely, but with him we'd have the best defensive backfield in the NFL, or at least one of the best. Quite a turnaround.

tommykat
04-26-2005, 06:31 PM
NTTIAWWT = Not that there is anything wrong with that.

The guy in my avy is Chris LeDoux. I got to know him well when I was in the radio business. One hell of a good guy. He died in march of cancer.

Wow another young person dies of cancer.....the other?...you'd kill me first, but what the hey. :deevee:ROFL

Bwana
04-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Wow another young person dies of cancer.....the other?...you'd kill me first, but what the hey. :deevee:ROFL
Oh, I think we could work out some kind of an avy bet and a sig for a week. :) So is the bet on??

philfree
04-26-2005, 07:01 PM
In the Chiefs Draft Wrap-up Carl was asked about adding any more players and he said not until after June 1st. He said it more then once really and the way he said it made me think he has something up his sleave. I think he means not till after June 1st when the Chiefs can create some cap space not June 1st when so-and-so player is available. What kind of cap space could we gain if we cut Warfield after June 1st this year? If he won't restructure his contract I mean. ......

PhilFree:arrow:

philfree
04-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Here it is.

PETERSON: “Specific to the salary cap, very frankly, we’re just about where we want to be at this particular time of the year. The signing of (Patrick) Surtain and the other unrestricted free agents that we’ve done in (Carlos) Bell and (Sammy) Knight and picking up Carlos Hall and then putting in these draft choices and those that we think we’ll make our team, we have a pretty good understanding of where the cap numbers will come in.

“The next date that we would probably look at would be June 1st to see what changes might be made. There will probably be some this week. Teams will look at their rosters and what they were able to draft and if they were able to address their needs. But I don’t think they will move many veteran players until after the first of June to save the cap dollars.”

Q: So, other than the college free agents that you were talking about, there’s a good chance that this is the way you will go to River Falls and start training camp?

PETERSON: “I wouldn’t exclude June 1st. Things happen in this league that you never expect. But I think we are all pretty comfortable with the tentative roster right now. It’s Dick’s charge to get them lined up in the positions they think they should be.”

Q: Do you see yourself having to make any June 1 moves?

PETERSON: “Possibly. Yeah. There’s the three dates: the first day of free agency where you have to be under the cap, June 1st that has to do with veterans whose contracts are pretty large that you’re going to say good-bye to and be able to spread those cap dollars out because you need those dollars to sign these players you’ve just acquired in the draft and have it done before the beginning of training camp. The last date is the most important because it has to do with the 53-man roster the Saturday before you kick it off. We’ll keep massaging the numbers.”
--------

:hmmm: Ty Law?

C-Mac
04-26-2005, 07:11 PM
In the Chiefs Draft Wrap-up Carl was asked about adding any more players and he said not until after June 1st. He said it more then once really and the way he said it made me think he has something up his sleave. I think he means not till after June 1st when the Chiefs can create some cap space not June 1st when so-and-so player is available. What kind of cap space could we gain if we cut Warfield after June 1st this year? If he won't restructure his contract I mean. ......

Vermeil was very quick to say no when asked Monday about Law on 810. He did open the door for a possibilty of signing "minimum salary" veterans after June 1st. Why on earth would do you think they would cut Warfield, a productive player, and take a cap hit to boot?

philfree
04-26-2005, 07:24 PM
Vermeil was very quick to say no when asked Monday about Law on 810. He did open the door for a possibilty of signing "minimum salary" veterans after June 1st. Why on earth would do you think they would cut Warfield, a productive player, and take a cap hit to boot?

Consectutive DUIs and if he ends up supsended for 4 games it might not be a bad time cut the cord. I've alway's liked Warfield alright and I don't think he is a bad CB but if it meant getting Ty Law then I would consider it since he has issues that are now interfering with what's best for the team. Isn't he in about the 4th or 5th year of his contract? I'm not so sure his cap hit after June 1st would be too bad. AFter last season I was thinking maybe would should jettison the whole starting secondary. All four players! To me Warfield is the stongest link of the bunch but since he's been a starting CB for the Chiefs we have continually not been able to stop teams when it counts most. I think he and Surtain make a good set of CBs but I wonder if Warfield hasn't revealed his profile and that is he is not a winner but a choker. With Ty law we would have the best secondary in the NFL bar none.

C-Mac
04-26-2005, 07:36 PM
If Ty Law is healthy enough to play, then he's going to command a contract not much less than Surtain's and that aint going to happen. The money just isnt there if even you cut Warfield, Morton, Woods and Westley. They may have to cut some just to sign the all draft picks.

But yes, it would be the best secondary with Law.

yoswif
04-26-2005, 07:53 PM
I don't know if Law could pass a physical by June 1 anyway. And I can't see anyone signing him before he can pass a physical.

At best, Warfield is an average CB with a drinking problem. Hardly uncuttable, imo. I doubt he would be missed should his departure open up a spot for a physically fit Law.