PDA

View Full Version : Any College baseball fans

Coach
04-26-2005, 07:10 PM
On ESPN2, it's Oklahoma vs Wichita St. if yall get bored or something to watch.

Bottom of 3rd, WSU is up 3-1.

Saulbadguy
04-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Already watched my fill today. KSU blasted some no-name team. They play KU this weekend.

HemiEd
04-26-2005, 08:47 PM
Thanks Coach, enjoying the game! :thumb: 7-4 Shocks, they have the bases loaded in the bottom of the seventh with no outs.

alanm
04-26-2005, 10:12 PM
Huskers play the Shockers tomorrow evening on espnu. And then are playing the Sooners Thur, Fri and Sat on espn2 and espn. Huskers are ranked 5th this week with a record of 34-8. They took 2 out of 3 this past weekend from Baylor who was leading the Big 12 and I think they are still a game in front of the Huskers.

ChiefsCountry
04-26-2005, 10:41 PM
Missouri State beat the 14th ranked Mizzou tonight 2-1 at Hammons Field.

WarCry!
04-27-2005, 06:50 AM
How about Matt Brown from WSU making ESPN's top play of the day? Did anybody see that catch????? I was at the game - incredible!

Coach
04-27-2005, 07:29 AM
How about Matt Brown from WSU making ESPN's top play of the day? Did anybody see that catch????? I was at the game - incredible!

That was an incredible play. I was like "Holy cow!"

HemiEd
04-27-2005, 07:38 AM

He had a great game all around. They showed a replay at the end of the game. Isn't he just a freshman? :hmmm:

Coach
04-27-2005, 07:41 AM
He had a great game all around. They showed a replay at the end of the game. Isn't he just a freshman? :hmmm:

Yup. FR, Oklahoma City, Okla. (Capitol Hill HS)

HemiEd
04-27-2005, 08:12 AM
Yup. FR, Oklahoma City, Okla. (Capitol Hill HS)

Maybe they will return to the power house they were in the glory years. The job that Stephenson has done almost rivals what Snyder has done with Football at K-State.

alanm
04-27-2005, 11:02 AM
Maybe they will return to the power house they were in the glory years. The job that Stephenson has done almost rivals what Snyder has done with Football at K-State.
Wichita St. has been good in Baseball a hell of a lot longer than KSU has been in football. Snyder doesn't even come close to what Stephenson has acomplished.

HemiEd
04-27-2005, 11:25 AM
Wichita St. has been good in Baseball a hell of a lot longer than KSU has been in football. Snyder doesn't even come close to what Stephenson has acomplished.

I guess we disagree on the difficulty of the task. Both have been fantastic accomplishments. :clap:

Saulbadguy
04-27-2005, 11:37 AM
Was WSU the worst program in College Baseball history before Stephenson came along?

HemiEd
04-27-2005, 12:46 PM
Was WSU the worst program in College Baseball history before Stephenson came along?

I noticed that Alanm is off-line so I will attempt to answer this. Actually they had not been involved in baseball since 1970 I believe.
Stephenson basically started from scratch. He did not have a permanant place to play or dressing facilities for quite some time.
I am not trying to dilute what he has done with the Wichita State program but his brother, Phil, was a great player at the College level that joined him from the onset. Several others, Joe Carter comes to mind, that broke many NCAA records came to WSU almost immediately did as well.