PDA

View Full Version : River Falls information

KChiefs1
04-27-2005, 08:01 AM
Anyone know the schedule for River Falls this year? I'm specifically trying to figure out when Family Fun Night is this year. I'm thinking about staying a few days too...anyone know the best place to stay?

thanks in advance! :)

TRR
04-27-2005, 08:31 AM
I always stay in Hudson Wisconsin. About 10 minutes from training camp, and about 20 minutes from the Mall of America. The Vikes will be coming to River Falls this summer so I would definitely suggest the scrimmage over Family Fun Night.

The schedule hasn't been released yet. Late Spring is when the schedule will be announced....

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/

|Zach|
04-27-2005, 08:35 AM
I am going to try and find a buddy and make it a few days this year. I think it would be a fun time. I am pretty sure it will fall after my summer school classes.

KChiefs1
04-27-2005, 10:23 AM
Just found this info:

The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Wednesday that dates have been set for the club’s training camp at the University of Wisconsin - River Falls. The Chiefs have called UW-River Falls their training camp home since ’91 and will return to Western Wisconsin for the 15th consecutive year in 2005.

The Chiefs will depart for River Falls on Wednesday, July 27th with the first day of practice scheduled for the afternoon of Thursday, July 28th. Two-a-day practice sessions are tentatively scheduled to commence on Friday, July 29th. Family Fun Day is scheduled for the afternoon of Saturday, August 6th. The Chiefs will open their 2005 preseason schedule with a short bus ride from River Falls to the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome as the club faces the Minnesota on Friday, August 12th. The Chiefs will break camp and return to Kansas City on Friday, August 19th.

Kansas City continues its 2005 preseason schedule with a pair of home contests vs. Arizona on Saturday, August 20th and a game vs. Seattle on Saturday, August 27th. The club’s final preseason game of the year will be a Governor’s Cup match-up at St. Louis on Friday, September 2nd.

TRR
04-27-2005, 10:39 AM
Just found this info:

The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Wednesday that dates have been set for the club’s training camp at the University of Wisconsin - River Falls. The Chiefs have called UW-River Falls their training camp home since ’91 and will return to Western Wisconsin for the 15th consecutive year in 2005.

The Chiefs will depart for River Falls on Wednesday, July 27th with the first day of practice scheduled for the afternoon of Thursday, July 28th. Two-a-day practice sessions are tentatively scheduled to commence on Friday, July 29th. Family Fun Day is scheduled for the afternoon of Saturday, August 6th. The Chiefs will open their 2005 preseason schedule with a short bus ride from River Falls to the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome as the club faces the Minnesota on Friday, August 12th. The Chiefs will break camp and return to Kansas City on Friday, August 19th.

Kansas City continues its 2005 preseason schedule with a pair of home contests vs. Arizona on Saturday, August 20th and a game vs. Seattle on Saturday, August 27th. The club’s final preseason game of the year will be a Governor’s Cup match-up at St. Louis on Friday, September 2nd.

I wonder if they are going to scrimmage the Vikes this summer then. Or what their plans are.

dirk digler
04-27-2005, 10:53 AM
I wonder if they are going to scrimmage the Vikes this summer then. Or what their plans are.

I would like to know as well last year the scrimmage was awesome.

Thanks KChiefs1 for the updated info I just put in my request to take off work so I can be there for Family fun night.

TRR
04-27-2005, 10:55 AM
I would like to know as well last year the scrimmage was awesome.

Thanks KChiefs1 for the updated info I just put in my request to take off work so I can be there for Family fun night.

This year it is suppose to be in River Falls.....

dirk digler
04-27-2005, 10:58 AM
This year it is suppose to be in River Falls.....

I know and I am looking forward to making my first trip to River Falls. I really liked Mankato as well.

Nzoner
04-27-2005, 12:32 PM
We stayed at the Kinni Creek Lodge (http://www.kinnicreek.com/),it's right on Main Street only a couple of minutes from training camp.

It's a bed and breakfast and Paige,the owner,is a great hostess.She only has 3 rooms though so advance reservations are a must.She also has a decent gameroom with a full fridge where you can keep your beer,watch movies,play cards etc.She also has canoe trips available down the Kinni Creek River.

dirk digler
04-27-2005, 01:41 PM
Last year the scrimmage was on Aug 6-7 and this year the Family Fun night is that weekend. Maybe they will have both the scrimmage and Family Fun Night all together.

CosmicPal
04-27-2005, 01:48 PM
We stayed at the Kinni Creek Lodge (http://www.kinnicreek.com/),it's right on Main Street only a couple of minutes from training camp.

It's a bed and breakfast and Paige,the owner,is a great hostess.She only has 3 rooms though so advance reservations are a must.She also has a decent gameroom with a full fridge where you can keep your beer,watch movies,play cards etc.She also has canoe trips available down the Kinni Creek River.

We haven't made our reservations yet, but I think that's where we'll be staying....

Nzoner
04-27-2005, 03:01 PM
We haven't made our reservations yet, but I think that's where we'll be staying....

If you do please tell Paige her #1 Chiefs fan says hey.

DTLB58
04-27-2005, 06:04 PM
I always stay in Hudson Wisconsin. About 10 minutes from training camp, and about 20 minutes from the Mall of America. The Vikes will be coming to River Falls this summer so I would definitely suggest the scrimmage over Family Fun Night.

The schedule hasn't been released yet. Late Spring is when the schedule will be announced....

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/

We will be in Hudson again too, Hope to see you there :thumb:

CosmicPal
04-27-2005, 06:10 PM
If you do please tell Paige her #1 Chiefs fan says hey.

Will do....I've emailed my party and we'll get the ball rolling now that we have the dates. If we choose this place, I'll get back with you.

LamarJr
04-27-2005, 06:49 PM
This will be my first trip up for a Family Fun Night & hopefully the Chiefs/Vikings scrimmage...my question is for the ones who have went many times is:

Which place should I stay at "IN" River Falls?

River Falls Motel?
Best Western Motor Inn?
Country Inn?

Has anyone here stayed at any of these places? I would like to stay in River Falls just to get a feel for the place & any suggestions of other places would be appreciated. It's just going to be a couple of dads w/12 year old boys in tow wanting to see some practices & maybe get to visit with a couple of the kids heroes for awhile. Do the players hang out in town at all & where? Just looking for suggestions from people who have been to River Falls & enjoyed the experience. How about places to eat in River Falls? Not looking for anything real expensive, just clean & nice. I really don't want to go to Minneapolis/St Paul...I'd like to avoid it.

Thanks!

KChiefs1
04-28-2005, 06:40 AM
Best Western Motor Inn?

I stayed there a couple of years ago...I've been staying in Hudson which is right on the Wisconsin/Minnesota state line & it's real close to Mall of America.

There is a nice bar downtown River Falls that I stopped at a few time! :p

tomahawk kid
04-28-2005, 06:58 AM
I stayed there a couple of years ago...I've been staying in Hudson which is right on the Wisconsin/Minnesota state line & it's real close to Mall of America.

There is a nice bar downtown River Falls that I stopped at a few time! :p

Coach's or Bo's N Mine?

KChiefs1
04-28-2005, 07:10 AM
Bo's N Mine

tomahawk kid
04-28-2005, 12:22 PM
Bo's N Mine

Nice.

The burgers there are killer.

KChiefs1
04-28-2005, 12:34 PM
the Chiefs/Vikings scrimmage

I've heard there isn't going to be a scrimmage this year. :banghead:

dirk digler
04-28-2005, 12:37 PM
I've heard there isn't going to be a scrimmage this year. :banghead:

I know it sucks. Adam Teicher reported that today in the Star.

It is probably because they are playing the Vikes in the first pre-season game so why scrimmage?

tomahawk kid
04-28-2005, 12:45 PM
I know it sucks. Adam Teicher reported that today in the Star.

It is probably because they are playing the Vikes in the first pre-season game so why scrimmage?

I can understand why they don't want to scrimmage given they're playing the Vikes in the pre-season, but it sure does make Family Fun Night alot more entertaining.

PS - Vikes fans are obnoxious.

dirk digler
04-28-2005, 12:50 PM
I can understand why they don't want to scrimmage given they're playing the Vikes in the pre-season, but it sure does make Family Fun Night alot more entertaining.

PS - Vikes fans are obnoxious.

I actually like Vikes fans. We went up to the scrimmage last year and had a wonderful time and all of the Vikings Fans we met were very nice and gracious hosts. I think we ran into 1 asshole the whole time.

But I have no doubt they aren't that nice to Packer fans.

tomahawk kid
04-28-2005, 12:51 PM
I actually like Vikes fans. We went up to the scrimmage last year and had a wonderful time and all of the Vikings Fans we met were very nice and gracious hosts. I think we ran into 1 asshole the whole time.

The beer trailer was at the scrimmages last year, so that might of had something to do with it.....on my part and theirs.

dirk digler
04-28-2005, 12:55 PM
The beer trailer was at the scrimmages last year, so that might of had something to do with it.....on my part and theirs.

Yeah we ran into 1 guy that was drunk and was an asshole after the 1st scrimmage on Friday night. I was kind of surprised they weren't more as many fights they were in that scrimmage that night.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
04-28-2005, 02:09 PM

I will agree MOST Vikes fans at the scrimmage last year were courteous but I met a fair share that were just plain dicks. But I had a great time in Mankato, although all I really remember was partying like rock stars at Choppers....... what a great bar! That and the all you can drink night at the pizza place across the street from Choppers! Makes me wish KC would move the training camp to Mankato! (Not to belittle Bo's and Mine!) :p

dirk digler
04-28-2005, 02:19 PM
I will agree MOST Vikes fans at the scrimmage last year were courteous but I met a fair share that were just plain dicks. But I had a great time in Mankato, although all I really remember was partying like rock stars at Choppers....... what a great bar! That and the all you can drink night at the pizza place across the street from Choppers! Makes me wish KC would move the training camp to Mankato! (Not to belittle Bo's and Mine!) :p

I loved Mankato. I had the kids with us so I didn't get to frequent any bars but I if they go to Mankato next year I will remember to go to Choppers.